Did anyone bleed a lot with the depo injection?

I never had a period on the depo shot but that was also yrs an yrs ago an then hit 25 an didn’t have to worry about none of that nasty stuff THX to having a hysterectomy🥰

I didn’t have a period the whole time I was on it

2 Likes

Yes. I got off of it because I never stopped. Doctor said it would get better, 7 months later I was still bleeding. Everyone is different

2 Likes

I didnt have periods on it…I had 2 babies instead :joy::joy: both conncieved on depo

3 Likes

I took 3 cycles of it and never stopped bleeding. Decided it wasn’t for me after bleeding non stop for a year

Yes after a couple of months it completely stops.

I’ve been on and off it for 15 years with no issues. Maybe give your doctor a call.

Mine stopped completely.

I bled the entire time I was on it 6 months

1 Like

I bleed horribly for the first few months. After a year it went away completely. Was on it for 6 years

Habe been using it on and off for 4 years now, dont get my period or any side effects

I don’t have my period

This happened to me, it lasted MONTHS and then I switched to something else.

1 Like

I have a 22 year old courtesy of the depo

1 Like

Did 3 cycles and bled for 8 weeks out of every 13 weeks

Yes. I also gained alot of weight

I took 2 cycles of it and bled the whole time I was on it for literally 6 months straight never got it again was the worst birth control I’ve ever tried then got on the nexplanon and absolutely loved it

Yeap! I bleed for almost 2 months after the month long bleeding after my son :angry: hated it! And had me super moody

1 Like

No period for a year and gained 10 pounds the year i was on it

Don’t get depo. Thats all I’ll say. Dont get Nexplanon either.

Had my first child while on the depo shot🤷‍♀️

I did. This was 17 years ago but I spotted like all the time

For the first 2 shot after having my daughter, I would bleed 2 outta the 3 months. After the 3rd shot, I was fine. No more bleeding.

I have the implant which has the same hormones. For about 1.5 year now. I have usually light periods when I do have them but sometimes it can be twice a month. I use to be on the shot and started having random excessive bleeding. That was after a good 5 years or so. So I came off. My sister was on depo and had to end up having a D&C to get hers to stop because of so much bleeding without a break.

I was the same way… My period never went away like they said it would… I’d bleed for 40 days at a time… It was horrible… Now i have mirena and bleed all the time with that too… No other side effects but constant bleeding… Im ready to get tied up and call it a day

I didn’t really have a period when I was on it but I gained 30lbs in a short amount of time, lost a lot of my hair, had to go on estrogen because it was causing premenopausal symptoms, and large clumps of blood were appearing. I know every body is different but I wouldn’t recommend this at all based on my experience.

Yes, for longer, more like three months. I thought it would never end… I had that same side effect and never went back to Depo again.

Was on it for probably 5 years. Gained a shit load of weight on it. Worked good for a while and then Ended up in the ER one night with bleeding that would not stop. Definitely would try something else. Depo is a scary drug.

When I first got mine it lasted 6 months and I went back and asked the dr gave me Motrin and bam it went away. You should ask your doctor the next time you see them

I was bleeding for the entire 3 months when I was on it. This was over 10 years ago though. After the 2nd shot, the bleeding stopped.

1 Like

No…Opposite happened to me.

1 Like

I hated it … made my hormones go crazy I gained hella wieght made my emotions all cooky and messed with my sex drive… I’d suggest implant in the arm but I bled for MONTHS… they tel you it’s normal but it made my emotions all nuts sad super angry made me feel dirty n wierd …I’d only recommend the pills

1 Like

When I had mine I bleed for 3 months straight

1 Like

No, mine stopped, but mirena was hell and I bled the whole year I had it.

I did… I ultimately had a hysterectomy. I never stopped bleeding. I started my cycle in the 3rd grade and pretty much bled up until I was 28. Having a hysterectomy was one of the best days of my life

No I got a grand total of 3 shots didn’t have a period for 21/2 years and never got pregnant again, like ever. It’s been 23 years… Something isn’t quite right with that shot.

1 Like

I didn’t have a cycle and I had to go through 3 rounds of hormone therapy to get mine back. It really messed me up.

I am on my second shot but the first one I bled for 2 weeks straight now that I have had the second shot I have been bleeding for exactly a month and still going I hate it

1 Like

No I’ve been on it since December and I hardly get a period at all. But it gives me crazy hot flashes and night sweats :sweat:

I bled the whole time. I told my ob that I was over it and he still wanted to try another round

Mine has stopped my period besides occasion spotting. But when I did get off of it once a few years ago I bled for 6 months afterwards

I bled for the first 13-14 months my first shot. Never got it again.

1 Like

I bled for 6 months straight with it.

Melissa Marie. This happened to you right?

I did. I bled for 6 months (2 rounds of shots) before I decided to switch my BC method.

I had great results with depo. Now nexplanon is a diff story :flushed:

I was on the shot for two years and only saw my cycle 2 or 3 times and lasted less than a week. I’ll check with the doctor just to make sure everything is fine. Everyone’s body reacts differently to BC

I’ve known women whove bled the entire year straight on it.

I was on it for 3yrs. Most months I didn’t get a period. When I did get it I bled heavy for 2days and it was never regular even after I got off it. We had the most difficult time conceiving… we did the “if it happens it happens” thing for 11yrs on our own before getting help. I wouldn’t recommend it if you plan on having children after you stop using it.

3 Likes

Stop taking it depo is the worst thing a women can take.

1 Like

Not at all it stop my period all together then when I stopped the depot took three months and I got my period again

10 years ago I had my son in beginning of Sept got the shot, and bled every day till mid February. Was told it was “normal” It was awful. My hormones were awful. I started having severe back pain after the bleeding finally stopped as if I was in labor. By the end of April I decided I would not go back for another injection. It made me feel awful physically and mentally. I did some research and found others had similar experiences and some even felt depressed. I stopped it and went back to the pill.

I bled for over 3 months so I stopped taking it

First round I bled for 31 days after that mine stopped all together was on it for 5yrs it’s not normal but it isn’t necessarily bad or uncommon talk to your doctor and keep it monitored you may have to switch bc it not for everyone

No. Ive been on it for 4.5 years and no bleeding at all

I was on the depo for a year and a half and bled for 2.5 months between every 3 month visit. So I only stopped bleeding for two weeks all together every three months

Made me bleed heavily for 1.5 months.

I had the worse experience with it i can’t remember if i got just the one shot or another one before i got my collapsed ovarian cyst it hurt bad they almost thought it was my appendix. I never got another shot after that and not sure if my 2 miscarriages were linked to that as well

Yes , unfortunately I found out ill need a uterus ablation and have to stop taking it. Doctor said it’s had bad FDA studies recently.

I’m on the depo for a long time and I haven’t had a period since I started ( 5-6 years ago) not complaining here . Fixed my hormonal issues and I have children already so that’s not a concern for myself coming off it ( I never want to come off )

I bled for three weeks and that was four months ago. I havent gotten my cycle since then

I bled for what seemed like years straight. Not even exaggerating. 6 months at a time, 9 months at a time. It did not work with my body and was awful, but everyone has a different experience! You have to find what works best for you.

I was on depo for 10 yrs. No bleeding & no period the entire time. I stopped it coz it made me gain weight. Fast forward, I am now getting pain on both shoulders same spots from the shots. I wouldn’t recommend it.

Yes I bled for 31 days it’s was crazy then nothing for almost a year

Mine stopped completely for 2 years until I stopped getting the shot. 1st period after was awful!

Worst experience thus far
It differs from person to person

Yes I did. I bled for 3 months straight. Didn’t stop for a day. And after the depo finished my periods were irregular. I would get my periods for 2+ weeks

Never had that issue when I was on it.

I was on depo shot for 2 years did not bleed. But It was giving me really bad fatigue and sore muscles through out my body… 8 months off it now

I bled alot they gave me birth control pills to take with it then a couple weeks later I was fine it went to normal

I missed my last depo appointment before getting on it again and just recently stopped bleeding I got the shot about a month and a half ago…I’m sure it’s normal!

I was on it for years. No problems here.

I was on it for years and had intermittent spotting/bleeding for most of it. Then when I got off it, it took months for things to straighten out. I won’t go on it ever again.

I was on depo for 10 years and never had a period, no crazy side effects. When I stopped in March 2019 I started getting my period again by about June, pregnant by November. But I know many people that tried it and had horrible results.

I was on it for 2 years when I was about 18-20… I usually bled for at least 3 weeks every cycle until the next injection. I later was diagnosed with a hormone imbalance so it could have been that. Progesterone high

I would bleed for 4 weeks then 1 week off while on it. Did it once and still took 3 months for my body to get back to its regular cycle.

Over here, a couple month of no bleeding at all…and then surprise…bleeding for 2 weeks but you know not enough for a tampon yet too much for nothing hahaha fml

I was on it after I had my daughter an never had a period for a whole year till I stopped taking it made me feel weird an hormones out of wack an felt I gained weight on it. Now I’m not on anything I’d rather not take birth control .

When I was in my 20’s I loved it! No periods and I’d loose about 10 lbs each time. But I tried again in my late 30’s and bled every day.

1 Like

That happened to me when I took myself off of it I would not recommend that shot to anyone plus it made me lose my hair n it never grew back

I used depo for 3 years never got a period. Got off of it for 2 months and got pregnant the third month​:grinning: Never had any side effects. After third child got those tube tide. :+1:t4:

1 Like

I bled for 3 months straight. Gained alot of weight and made me very moody! I never got the 2nd shot.

It is normal. U can bleed for up to 6 months

1 Like

Did you get it during or right after your cycle? Sometimes it can disrupt your cycle if you get it when your off your period. We’re you late on getting your shot? How long have you been on it? Some of my patients that we (Gynecologist I work for) put on depo (not many) complained about prolonged bleeding.

I bled six months straight with a day or two spotting between. NO joke! BUT I also struggled for five yrs getting pregnant, gave up, tried depo as I heard it raises hormones etc and got two shots, then periods went back to normal when I didn’t get any more and three months later was blessed with my now six yr old! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did they said cause i was still bleeding from giving birth they were supposed to wait

I bled for a year and half straight! And it made my walls thin. Caused many miscarriages and my last pregnancy that I finally carried through was hell

It’s not normal but yes it does happen. Go to your dr. They can give you a shot to make you stop bleeding but that BC is not for you. You have an adverse effect. Others it stops periods. I was the same way. Bleed all month and was off my period for like three or four days. :woman_facepalming:t3:

I bleed for 3 rounds of depo so 9 months I got off it worst experience ever

I did. I only got the shot 1 time and bled heavy for 3 months straight

I bled for almost 3 months straight and I only had it once

I bleed for 3 months straight and then stopped getting my period until 7 years later when I stopped the injections

1 Like

I’m on it currently. I started it after having my son 11 months ago and I haven’t stopped bleeding. I have gone a whole 12 days without a bleeding so far. Needless to say I’m switching birth controls

No the first time got my injection my period quit right away haven’t had one in 6 months!! At all…

I was on it before having my daughter and LOVED it. Got back on after having her and hate it. I bled for four months straight, gained 34 pounds, and acne!! I’ve NEVER had acne! Needless to say I’m getting off next month🙃

I bled for 3 months straight so I never went back and got another shot when it was due. It was miserable.

No lie bled for about 10 weeks straight…never went back for the 2nd injection

Yes I was on it for 5 years and I bled for the entire time. Just one of the side effects for some people.

Wit works differently on everyone. I was on it for two years. Didn’t get a period at all or a year following. My mother also was on it at the same time (only for about a year) she had her period the entire time.

I didn’t have a period at all on the shot (9 months so 3 shots) but when I got off of it (for other reasons) I bled for almost 4 months, heavier than any period I’ve ever had.
It was miserable. I’ve decided to go off bc for good. It messes with my body way to much.