Did anyone else have trouble getting pregnant after depo?

Did anyone have trouble conceiving after stopping depo? I finished a year ago. I have only had one period, and that was mid-April. My doctor says it’s normal, but I’m starting to feel it’s not.

5 Likes

My ob gyn said it can takes UP TO 12-18 months to completely get out of your system if you have been on it for a year/s…

No help but I was on depo for years and I went off January 2015 and was pregnant April 2015

My period coming back a year after stoping depo. Keep calm everything is ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

How long were you on the shot? I was on it for 3 years, stopped and got pregnant after about 3 months. We weren’t actively trying though, just not trying to prevent it if that makes sense.

1 Like

I didn’t get pregnant for 7 years after depo and I only had 3 shots WORST poison you could put in your body

I was pregnant with my daughter 18 month after last depo

I was on depo for 3 years got pregnant twice and misscarried both times , I’ve been off it for almost 3 years now and I’m finally having a healthy pregnancy, it depends on your body! But I’ll NEVER get the depo shot again’

5 months after having it a year

I have used depo for over 10 years. I have two kids, was pregnant within a month of being off it both times.

It can take between 2-3 years for it to wear off apparently, took me 2 years this time round (3rd baby) I was giving up hope but we finally got there… Due in 9wks! Wish you all the luck x

I got pregnant with my son while on the depo… I think it depends on your body tho

I got pregnant while on depo!

I was on the depo for 3 years never had a period… switched off it to the nuvaring cause I hated the depo weight gain… was on nuvari ring for 3 months after getting off the depo. Before the depo I was on the pill… I was on BC for total of 5 years at least… after being on the nuvaring for 3 months(Sept,17’) , I didn’t get my first period till the following January of 2018 I met my husband in June 2018. Come to about Sept 19,18 is when I found out I was pregnant. Whole time from Sept 17’ -sept 19,18’ no BC what so ever… so my body had a whole year to relase all the extra hormones I had built up from the BC … Just depends on your body

Took me a year to get pregnant after last depo shot (or when it was due) . Does take a while to get out of your system

It took me about 1-2 years after my last depo shot with both of my boys. It stays in your system a lot longer than most think. When your periods aren’t normal after depo, my doctor told me you’re not ovulating as much as usual but it should get back to normal after some time.

I stopped taking my depo June 2018 and was pregnant by September 2018. Wishing you the best :heart:

I was on depo for 5 years got off my last shot in Aug 2016 didn’t get my first period till March of 2018 took about 8 months to “regulate”(if you call consider every 60days regular) got pregnant May 2019 due any day now
My good friend was on it for 3 years got pregnant 5 months after her last shot… It really depends on your body

Yes it completely messed up my system, in took a 7 years to conceive afterwards.

1 Like

Yes, I was messed up for several years as well.

It took me 2.5 years…

Have you ever considered a uterine massage. Our culture believes in it and do them often I had a friend who also has issues with her period after years on the depo she had a massage then got two super heavy periods and month 3 was pregnant. I know everyone is different but worth a shot. I will warn you they are quite painful to have someone push and massage like kneeding dough but it could help

2 Likes

It took me 18 months after the depo to get pregnant.

my Lover broke up with me last week i was so sad I changed completely, I wasn’t eating and i wasn’t talking to anybody, I cried a lot,I was so depressed and stressed out that I was scared I’m going to end up in the hospital because of all the stress and depression until one day i search online on getting love tips because I Love & care about him deeply and I just want us to be together as a couple again and I want us to last forever then i found a powerful spell caster Called Dr goko that he solved so many relationship problem then Dr goko told me he will come back to me between 24hrs after he cast spell on him never believe it until my lover called me on the phone and told me he want us to come back live happily together forever , Am so happy now that Dr goko help me bring my lover back to me. Thanks so much Dr goko he can also help you Email him at (Dr.gokospellhome12@gmail. com)

I was on depo for 4 years got off of it July 2010. Didn’t take any birth control or use protection at all didn’t get pregnant the first time until nov 2014 lost the pregnancy in Jan 2015. Got pregnant again sep 2016 lost pregnancy nov 2016. Then got pregnant March 2018 had baby dec 2018. My dr said the depo made my uterus hostile and said it could be the reason it took so long to get pregnant. But it reacts with everyone different. My sister was also on depo and it took her 8 years to get pregnant with her first

I stopped taking depo in 2014 didn’t get pregnant until 2017

I took depo between 2 pregnancies . Took me 11months to conceive after I stopped taking it the first time … 3yrs later my doctor took me off of it because I had a bad.liver and needed to lose weight and get my hormones balanced out … I lost the weight and took some hormones to get my menstrual going and got pregnant within a yr . The depo stores itself on fat so if your trying to get it out of your system losing weight helps alot .

Was On Depo When I Got Pregnant With My Son Now On Nexaplton And Hate It

Was on depo for 4 years took 3 to get back to regular cycle and become pregnant however I lost that baby and just had my rainbow baby in may of 2019 don’t give up hope I never did!

Yess it took me a few years but then bam bam bam lol

I was on it for about 2 yrs and it messed up my pituitary gland, gave me something called a prolactinoma- a pituitary tumor that over produces prolactin, thus acting like birth control and telling my body I was constantly pregnant. I got pregnant 3xs, had 2 miscarriages and 1 tubal and my new OB sent me for blood work. My levels of prolactin were so high on their own that I have to take dostinex to regulate them. I was able to conceive and carry 4 months after I started my dostinex. I have 3 beautiful children and I’m expecting twins any day now (I’m 34+4 days). Have them send you for bloodwork. I didnt know until after that depo can redirect your entire pituitary function

I was on depo for 2ish years. When I stopped my periods came back right away after the last shot wore off and I was pregnant 2 months later. It all depends on the person. I thought it was going to take a lot longer my OB told me that 1-2 years is really common before conceiving after depo. So I was shocked I was pregnant only 2 months later.

1 Like

I had 2 depo shots after having my daughter in 2003…I NEVER got another period. They tried putting me on the pill to restart it but it didnt work.

It took a few years after the depo to comsieve for me

I got pregnant on the depo. I was on it for a while and was always on time getting the next one. :grimacing: I also got pregnant with the mirena iud. But I’ve heard the depo takes a while after stopping because your uterus lining is super thick. After you have some good solid periods it should thin it out and hopefully making it possible for you to get pregnant. Good luck mommas :heart:

I got pregnant when it was close to my depo shot time with my daughter, I had been on it for 4 1/2 years but they never upped it so my body got used to the hormone level and boom here comes cozette. Just relax, as soon as you just relax and stop stressing about it you’ll probly get pregnant.

Ive been on the shot on anf off for roughly 7 years and last time i was on it was December 2017 after my son was born to august 2018 and I didnt have a period at all till February 2019 then spotted every day from thwn till june 2019 then started getting an actual period twice a month and only just in november 2019 got a regular cycle again. Sometimes it just takes time. I never had an issue getting my period back before having my aon with the shot though. So i was super worried something was wrong with me. But a year later and im back on track and trying for baby #2!

:raising_hand_woman: took us 7 years

We had 3 prior kids with different birth control, never had an issue until after depo :woman_shrugging:

I got pregnant while on the depo so nope, was not a problem for me lol

Took me about 2 years to even get a period

I got pregnant on Depo :roll_eyes:

I got pregnant 15 months after my last shot. We weren’t trying to get pregnant but weren’t doing anything to stop it either. I had regular periods after about 6 months after my last shot.

I did. It took 2 years.

I got pregnant on depo, I had been taking the shot almost a year.

You can’t get pregnant if you aren’t ovulating. This happened to me after bc pills for about 6-7 months. Then one day my period started regular again.

One year. Stop in May got pergnant the next may

I got pregnant on the depo so nope

Took me 8 years and 3 miscarriages…

Took me almost 3 years to even get a period and I had hell conceiving my second child after it

1 Like

Depo is poison. It has caused infertility in a lot of people.

It took me years to get pregnant and even then it was very difficult on me. I wish I could go back & never get on this shot!!

Took me 8 years after the depo shot!

2 Likes

How long does it take to loose the weight after stopping the Depo? I gained 30 pounds from it

I got pregnant on depo

2 Likes

I got pregnant right after stopping depo shots

1 Like

Depends on your body sunshine. Everyone’s is different :blush:

I was on depo for 2 years after i had my daughter. Then switched to nuva ring for 1 month. I have never been able to get pregnant again. Ive been off all birth control since 2007. Diagnosed with unexplained secondary infertility in 2011. I think depo ruined my chance to ever have another child!

It took me a very very long time. I think I was on the shot for 5+ years and took like 10yrs to finally get pregnant.

1 Like

It took me 3 years to conceive. I recieved 1 dose of depo 4 days after giving birth.

I got pregnant a month after my last shot wore off. I would say if it’s more than a year you might want to see your doctor

It took me 2 years to get pregnant and I had a miscarriage and I only recently am pregnant again and it’s been 5 years. I was on it a long time though.

I’ve heard it takes forever after depo my coworker it was almost 10 years ! I refuse to take depo because I’ve heard it takes a long time after it

Everyone’s different I was on depo for 3 years then I stopped taking it after a year-and-a-half I got pregnant :blue_heart:

The doctor told me it would take a while before I was able to pregnant once I stopped using it.

I grew up in a farm and depo was used on cows if you wanted them not fall pregnant for 2 years… Yes its normal it will take around 3yrs for you to fall pregnant.

I got pregnant three times after the depo

I got pregnant right away after 2 years on the depo. Just saying

I had 2 miscarriages after stopping the depo it took my about a yr to carry full term…I was on the depo for about 13 yrs before I stopped getting it

Took 8 years. I miscarried and now have a 3 month baby boy 1 day short of a year later. It was hell but we made it.

My relative had Two Shots and became pregnant not long after vet fertile family luckily

Get a second opinion see a Gyno

I got pregnant on depo!

Google is your best friend. If you type in “how long does it take to get pregnant after the depo shot?” It tells you right there that some women can take as long as 2 years to get pregnant after stopping the shot.

My daughter took them for a few years , her doctor told her it’s normal also and to stop trying for most females want a baby that they get so stressed out which in returns makes it harder to conceive so after taking this to heart her husband and her went on vacation had a great time 3 months later she was pregnant so relax stop trying and let nature happen

I had fertility issues for a long time after I took it.

Thats because depo is an abortificient and can stay in your system up to 3 months.

3 years and one miscarriage later we got our baby girl.

All prescriptions have toxic side effects its just a business $$$$$$$ seek natural remedies and good nutrition. Waiting yrs before getting pregnent was not the effects of the medication it was just that at that time ur body was ready to carry a sweet baby…?..research research research its your life…your baby