Did anyone else with a small frame give birth vaginally?

I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and at 28 weeks my baby boy was weighing 3.3 pounds and I was told he’s in the 85th percentile. I’m thinking he’s going to come early because of how big he is but I was wondering if because of my small frame I would have to have a C-section or if other people that had a small frame were able to deliver big babies vaginally? If it helps, at my very first appointment I weighed 121 pounds and at my 28 week appointment I weighed 150 pounds.

28 Likes

I was 105 starting weight and gave birth vaginally 3 times with no epidural

1 Like

Not small framed but narrow pelvis. They tried scheduling c-section at 38 weeks because of her size and my opening. Doc said no way would I have her natural, well sure enough I did! Induced at 41 weeks, all natural 12 hour delivery with a 9lb 9oz baby!

4 Likes

I am 4’9 and gave birth vaginally twice.

1 Like

I was 135lbs when I gave birth to a 7.5 lb baby vaginally. Didn’t even tear.

1 Like

You would
Be
Surprised how
A
Woman’s body can get a baby out no matter
How
SMall
She
Is

4 Likes

I was same size and have had to vaginally and working on the third. It really just depends at the end since everyone is different.

I was 120lbs when I got pregnant. I was right around 170 when I had my daughter. I was all baby!:roll_eyes:
I gave birth to her completely natural… I was induced at 39 weeks,10 hours in labor 2 hours pushing. She was 8lb 5 oz 20 inches long! One week later I was back in my pp clothes!

I was 19 yrs old. 98 lbs when I got pregnant. Gained 50 lbs and had a 9lb baby boy.
It wasn’t easy but he was born vaginally.
Went on to have 5 more after that so I guess it wasn’t so bad :woman_shrugging::rofl:

1 Like

Your body was made to birth. Big baby & small frame are not reasons to have a cesarean birth.

I’m 5’6” and never above 108lbs , aside from pregnancy, and have naturally birthed 2 8.5lb babies.

You can do it, momma

4 Likes

I birthed an almost 9 pound baby I was 115 before getting pregnant and 170 when I delivered but I was all baby. I’m a small girl and it was fine my birth was amazing. The size of you’re body does not matter even ask a doctor don’t listen to people they said the same to me and it wasn’t true

I’ve known a lot of very small frame young women who have given natural birth with no issues at all. It all has to do with your dilation and if you complete it to 10 you shouldn’t have an issue - they may have to do an episiotomy which is a cut to keep you from tearing in your vaginal area if the baby’s head is large but that is stitched up and you really never notice afterwards - if they feel the baby is going to be too large for you to deliver they should discuss a c-section and set the time up for it to occur. Good luck and congrats.

I weighed 134 lbs the day I had my daughter.

I’m a nanny. My boss is SUPER tiny and gave birth to all 4 kids naturally, two of which were twins.

I was 105 when i first got pregnant didnt go over 130 at the end of pregnancy. I had my son naturally

I was 98 pounds pre pregnant was 171 ponds when delivered at 40 weeks exact my son was 8 pounds 15.5 ounces when born and all natural

I had 2 big babies 1st 9lb 10oz, 2nd 10ld 5oz. 1st was an emergency c-section,2nd was a natural birth. As long as baby is healthy how they born in my opinion doesn’t matter

A lot of times they are off by the weight let me just say that, I am a mom to four and two were preemies

I’m 5 ft even was 120 when I got pregnant and cant remember how much weight I gained (around 50 lbs or so water weight plus other issues :joy::joy::joy:) and I gave birth to my daughter vaginally
Also my mother was 4ft 11 and poped out 6 of us vaginally

I weighed 90 when I got pregnant and delivered at 110 naturally, he was 5lb 11oz.

1 Like

My grandmother was a small woman. She gave birth naturally to 7 children each weighing over 10#

If u were too small the give birth vaginally I believe your dr will tell you. But sounds like since ur that far you’ll be fine. Also weight of the baby inside the womb is a guess. My dr told me that she wouldn’t even give me an approximate weight of my baby in the womb because it’s so inaccurate

1 Like

I was very tiny up until I got pregnant. The weight of the baby can often help your hips widen. Your doctor will tell you if there are any concerns about giving birth naturally.

It really depends on your pelvis. I’m 5’2 petite doctor didn’t tell me she thought I’d need c section. Labored for 18 hours to find out my pelvis is way too narrow her head and my cervix was swollen for 4 hours until I got my emergency c section. I’ll never be able to have a vaginal birth. Every body is different!

1 Like

I’m pregnant with my 4th, with my 1st pregnancy i was like 110lbs I delivered vaginally, he was 7lbs 6lz. 2nd and 3rd baby I was around the 120lb range when I got pregnant and had them both vaginally no problems, they were both 6lbs. this time I started out around 131 and I’m 28 wks now and weigh 138, so hopefully this one will come out fine also!

1 Like

I was 130 before pregnancy and 160 at birth. Vaginal. He was a couple oz shy of 8lb. Doc said she did not expect me to have a baby that big. You’ll be fine!!

My cousin was maybe 120 at absolute most and had 2 boys over 10# vaginally

I was 58kgs when I got pregnant. I’m 160cm tall. My baby was 9lb. I wouldn’t recommend it but I did have him naturally with no pain relief.

I’m smaller framed, and have had 3 kids vaginally. Gained 38 lbs in my first 2 pregnancies and 50 in my 3rd. Ultrasounds aren’t really that reliable for determining weight. Women’s bodies can do amazing things. There’s always a chance you won’t be able to deliver vaginally, but it’s not that common and your size doesn’t have much if anything to do with it.

1 Like

5’ 1/2 inch tall. 112 lbs when I became pregnant 140 when I gave birth. I’ve had 3 vaginal births. I’m small framed and have very narrow hips. Your body was meant to do this :purple_heart: All of my kids are above average in height.

1 Like

I have a 4’3", 80 lb friend who birthed two babies vaginally with relative ease…

1 Like

00 size pants before kids size 2 now after two babies both delivered naturally no pain meds no inductions. First babe was 6.11 second was 6.9 measurments can be way off dont let that scare you!

1 Like

A woman’s body is made to give birth. Doesn’t matter if we’re small framed or big-boned, all of us can do it. I personally have a tiny frame, I was only 98 and a half pounds when I got pregnant with my twins 13 years ago and I now have two more kids on top of it, my youngest is 17 months. All my kids ranged from 4.5lbs-7.5lbs, all born vaginally

3 Likes

I was 16, barely 130lbs, ans 5’2. Gave birth to a 8lb 15oz baby girl all natural. It’s very very doable. Same with my youngest. Had her at 20, weighed 135 and she was just a lb lighter than her sister.

I am 5ft 4 and 110 lbs and gave birth to 3 kids…and had twins naturally…

I was 115 went up to 150 and I tore and had to have a few stitches but only pushed less than 20 minutes

You should be totally fine. Women smaller than you deliver vaginally just fine. Everything opens up just like it does on us bigger girls. Also, take scans with a grain of salt. I was told my oldest was going to be over 10lbs… she was 8lbs… second was 9lbs… you can do this.

It all depends on your body. My oldest sister has a smaller frame then me and delivered all her vaginally her children were between 3 and 5lbs I believe. My first was an emergency c-section due to the cord and my second I had extra fluid so scheduled c-section. Both my kids were a little over 6 pounds bit unfortunately I can’t deliver vaginally.

I’m small, bout 5’4" 130 lbs. My biggest baby was 7.15 and i pushed her out naturally, your body knows what it can handle she was 4 weeks early, easily could have been a 10lb baby, but im too small

unless you had malnutrition as a child or have some kind of birth defect it is highly unlikely you cannot give birth naturally just because of size. our bodies produce hormones that relax the ligaments allowing the pelvis to stretch enough to give birth. Eat healthy and exercise, lots of walking and take childbirth classes that are focused on healthy, natural birthing --midwives are more likely to support natural birth, and will help you into positions that assist delivery like squatting which allows for better angle and opening for birth. Flat on your back is going to make it harder to give birth!

I was tiny and went all the way to 41 weeks and had my daughter naturally, gas didnt work for me

you’d be amazed what your body is capable of. I am also petite (5’2 100lbs) and I gave birth to my first child at 38 weeks, natural delivery, she was 8lbs.
7 years later I had My son. He was breech and I had to have a C-section. Vaginal delivery is much much easier/faster recovery. Csection is rough (in my opinion).

I am 5 foot 4 inches and weighed 125 before getting pregnant.
My baby was born vagina my and was 8 pounds 2 ounces at birth

It can be done

It’s not your frame that matters it’s your hips that matter. If you have narrow hips you might have trouble.

I was induced with my son because of his size. They induced at 38 weeks and he was born naturally weighing 9pounds 14 ounces. It’s amazing what the body can do

It depends on how big your pelvis is not your frame size. My mom had a 10 lb baby naturally she was a small women like me. Both my kids were natural did lamaze my son was 8lbs 3oz my daughter 8lbs.

2 Likes

My nana never taller than 5’4 weighted 90lbs with all 6 kids and had kids from 5lbs (premature) to 13 lbs. You should be okay

Unless your Dr is worried I wouldn’t I’m 5’3 and I could have had my daughter naturally bit her cord was wrapped around her neck several times and didn’t have enough give for her to move through the canal, had that not happen I wouldn’t of needed a csection 🤷,

1 Like

Im tall and very thin. My daughter was born at 38 weeks and was 9 lbs 2 oz. delivered her vaginally. My second was barely 8 pounds and pushed him out no problem no tears or anything

I am 5ft 2 and was like 105 0r 110 when I got pregnant with my first baby ( who is now 11) and both my kids were almost 9lbs ( 8lbs 14oz and 8lbs 13.4 oz ) both my kids came a week early and I had both of them with a vaginal delivery!! Ask your doctor or midwife at one of your appointments to just double check and make sure they think you will be able to deliver naturally! My midwife said just because you have a small frame doesn’t mean you can’t have a vaginal delivery!! I will add that my husband is 6ft 2 also so I kinda knew I was having big babies!!

1 Like

Well i have hypermesis and lost 34 pounds and slowly gaining it back i have had one c section and i will have another one in 41 days

1 Like

I’m 4’11 and had a 9.1 baby at 40 weeks lol

1 Like

I am small ish 5’5” and 145 gave birth vaginally and my child was 10lbs 4 oz and 23.5” and the epidural didn’t work for me but I delivered a very big healthy boy

My son was in the 90%+ range almost my entire pregnancy and measured a week ahead at every appointment. He came 1 week and 2 days late at 8 pounds 13 ounces and 22 inches long. The measurements from ultrasounds are not always accurate and get less accurate as you move along in pregnancy (from my midwife). I would not worry about your size or baby’s size until your doctor tells you they are concerned. You should be just fine having baby vaginally. That’s not to say you might not have an extenuating circumstance that ends up preventing you from having a vaginal birth.

My coworker is about 5’ 4” and was very thin before she got pregnant. When she had her son, she had him all natural and he was over 14 pounds.

I was 4’11 and gave birth vaginaly to a 8pound 2 oz baby and a 9pound 7oz baby…after the 2nd child my dr and I decided C section for any future babies of which I had 2. My baby 2 had shoulder dystrophy and we are lucky he made it through the delivery.

1 Like

Me! I weighed 98 pounds when I got pregnant, and I had a 8lb 12oz baby vaginally!!

1 Like

There’s MULTIPLE factors at play in if you’ll be able to deliver naturally. “Small frame” doesn’t really have much to do with it

2 Likes

I am 5’2" and weighed 128 when I gave birth to my 1st. She weighed 7lbs 11oz and I ripped from pushing too fast so I had 3 stitches but I was fine after birth and didn’t have a rough recovery. My 3rd weighed 8lbs and I delivered at 134lbs. No stitches and recovered fine.

Everybody is different. I weighed 98 ilbs before pregnancy. Got up to 113. Exactly 5 foot. Had to have my child c- section. They said i was just too too small.

I’m 5’2” and 111 pounds and had a 6 pound 8 ounce baby after my epidural had mostly worn off, if I can survive delivery so can you lol. I didn’t tear bad enough to need stitches. Your birth canal will squish your babies head how it needs to, that’s why their skulls aren’t completely formed when they are born. That’s why a lot of babies are born with cone heads. It can be done and you’ll be okay! I gained 29 pounds during my pregnancy, not that I really think that has much to do with my delivery.

I was 20 when I had my 1st and was around 5’3" 110 when I got pregnant in size 0-2 jeans. He was 7lbs 14oz and I only gained 20 lbs. He took like an hour to push out and like a 12 hour labor. I also didn’t tear but my midwife really helped and did that massage stuff to the preneium (sp) as I was delivering.

When I gave birth to my first son, I was 18 and 98 lbs. They were so afraid for me that I’d be too small to have him natural, they even prepared for emergency c section just in case and he came out just fine. He was 5 lbs 13 oz and completely healthy. I went along and had 2 more a few years later all natural and all perfectly fine. And all while I was under 100lbs. (Before I was pregnant of course) don’t worry yourself too much:)

1 Like

My 1st pregnancy I was 98 lbs, 5’6” when I got pregnant. I was TINY. My hips spread like they were suppose to and I had zero issues. Your body knows what to do.

Yep. I’m 5ft and was 140lbs

I weighed 123 lbs when I got pregnant with my first and gave birth naturally to a 9 oz 1 lb baby boy. You’ll be amazed at what your body will show you it’s capable of regardless of how you deliver. :heart:

I did. With an epidural. And 7 pound 7 ounce baby no tears. Carried a lil over 38 weeks. Have a baby pouch now lol but I got my sweetheart

I’m tiny and managed it with a 7lb 4 oz baby.

I weighed 127 and my baby came 5 weeks early. She was 6pd 1oz. I had her vaginally and never tore nor ripped.

It makes no difference

I have very wide hips and I couldn’t give birth vaginally. My daughter was 8.11 and 19 inches and I just stopped progressing. I eventually had a c-section. I’m not trying to scare anyone but it just shows that all women are different.

At 40weeks, I was 140, I have a small frame, but I had an emergency c section because the babies head wasn’t in my cervix, he was kinda stuck on the uterus. I had a 9lb2oz, and they predicted he would be 6lb-7lbs. If he was in the right spot, I would have deliver naturally! Every women is different, don’t worry too much until the time comes!

They told me try vaginally first if not then csec but my body did what it was supposed to

I weighed a little over 100 pounds and had my daughter with no meds and no epidural…she was 6 pounds 8 oz.

I was told I’d never ne able to deliver over a 7lb baby because of how narrow my pelvis is. I delivered 3 vaginaly my first was a month early only weighed 5lb 6oz my second was 7lbs even and my 3rd was 6lb 7oz. I had all 3 before I turned 21 and I am 5’9 and weighed less than 130

I’m 5 feet tall, was 103 at my first appointment, was 147 at end of pregnancy and I had no issues giving birth vaginally!

My cousin is 4’9 and just gave birth to her 7th naturally

I’m 5’2”, I was about 135 at the start of my pregnancy, my last weigh in (the day before my water broke) was 183, I had a 9lbs 2oz little boy, I did have to have an episiotomy thought and I was in early labor for a whole 48 hours, my water broke then I was in labor for another 21 hours after that. I did have the epidural, it did stop working when I started pushing which took 6 hours. I will say, I had wideish hops before I was ever pregnant, but it’s like my body knew it was gonna be pushin out a bigger baby!

Just relax mama! As long as you maintain nutritious eating habits, light exercise, drink lots of water and get plenty of rest, you don’t have to worry about the weight. It’s not just your baby in there, it’s the placenta and amniotic fluid as well. Try some prenatal yoga appropriate for your trimester and there’s even things you can do with an exercise ball that help to open the hips and pelvis to get ready for birth, there’s some videos on YouTube that I used lol. Congrats and good luck! :kissing_heart:

I’m 5’3" and was 120 pounds when my daughter was born. She was 6 pounds 6 ounces, and sunny side up. In labor for 26 hours and after 15 minutes of pushing she was out. Unless your doctor is concerned I wouldn’t worry!

Before pregnancy I weighed 75lbs the most I weighed pregnant was 100lbs. Im 4’10. I gave birth naturally

At 40 weeks I was 128 and my daughter was 8pounds 12 oz she had shoulder dysplasia but is a perfectly healthy 3 month old now

I was 5’8 and 115 when i got pregnant and was 152 when i have birth vaginally to an 8 lb 6 oz baby boy. You got this :heart::heart::heart:

I’m tiny I’ve done it 9 times my daughter is ultra tiny and has done it twice now

Your size itself doesn’t matter, the opening and flexibility of your pelvis does. I’m tiny and have birthed 3 babies vaginally.

3 Likes

I’m 5’6 and had a 9lb 4oz Baby vaginally

I was 5 foot 107 pounds and had a vag delivery no complications

1 Like

I’m 5’2. I was 108lbs when I got pregnant with my first and she weighed 9lbs 6oz. I was 125 at birth.
When I had my 3rd (my 2nd was a little over 7lbs) I weighed 118 when I got pregnant. He was 9lbs 12oz and I was 142 at birth. You’d be surprised at how amazing the female body is. Especially during birth. And I didn’t tear with any 3 of mine.

I had them all vaginally. And their weight has nothing to do with when they will come. My first was a day late, at over 9lbs. My 3rd came on his due date at almost 10 lbs.

I’m 5’3.weighed less than 110 when I got pregnant,gained 13 lbs. I gave birth vaginally to my son that weighed 8 lbs.3oz. Had my daughter 3 yrs later. She weighed the exact same

I’m 4’11 and 95 lbs naturally got up to 165 lbs when pregnant it was hard my I had extensive ripping and he was almost 8lbs…

I was 112 lbs starting out my first pregnancy. She was only 6lbs 11oz. My 2nd I was 120 starting out and I was told that he was going to be a big boy from measurements. He was only 7lbs 4oz at birth and I did both vaginally without an epidural. The measurements aren’t always right.

Your body size doesn’t really have anything to do with it . I’m tiny naturally at 5’2 and 100 lbs and have delivered three big babies naturally .

I dont think its about how small you are vs how narrow your hips are. Im 5’2 and was 120 pre baby, he was born full term 9.1lbs… needless to say I had an emergency csection but I do have very narrow hips :woman_shrugging: worth it all though

I am 4’11. I’ve birthed 3 babies vaginally. One being over 8 lbs.

I’m 5’2 gave birth to a 8 Pound 2 Ounce baby.

I am a very small but tall. 5’7” and 130 I had a 8 lb 6 oz babygirl. Since she was in the womb and even now she’s been in the mid 90th percentile. I had her vaginally I did have to her cut and some stitches though I am also currently 26 weeks pregnant with my second and at 20 weeks my baby boy was weighing in the 70th percentile when normal is 50th, I just have big babies I guess :woman_shrugging:

My first baby was 3.2 lbs at my 20 weeks ultrasound and growing at 30 weeks . I still ended up giving birth at 39 weeks 4 days

I can tell you size has nothing to do with it. I wasn’t tiny at all when I gave birth, but I spent 6 days in ICU also it was an emergency c section

Im 5’4 i now back down to 100lb i was 140lb when i was pregnant and i gave birth to a 7lb 4 oz baby

I’m 4”11 and weighed 100 pre pregnancy. My son was only 7lbs but never got down low to help open my cervix. I ended up with a c section after laboring for 4 days. They did say that I was very small framed and could possibly be why, but I’m really not sure to be honest.