Did anyone get pregnant after a vasectomy?

Are there any women that have gotten pregnant after their husbands had a vasectomy? My husband had his 13 years ago, and I think I’m pregnant, and no, I was NEVER unfaithful. It seems impossible, and I know he’ll say I was unfaithful bc he had a vasectomy, but he’s the only one I’ve been with.

60 Likes

Have him go back to the urologist and get tested. They can fail

1 Like

After that amount of time it really shouldn’t be possible.

2 Likes

It can happen! Especially after that long.

2 Likes

i havent. But its possible. The same as its possible after getting your tubes ties.

Vasectomies are not 100% effective…same with tubes tied. People have gotten pregnant under both circumstances.

2 Likes

It’s very rare, but yes sometimes they reverse themselves

1 Like

I read that 5 years after a vasectomy you should have it checked because you could get pregnant

4 Likes

Definitely possible.

1 Like

It can definitely happen it’s not unheard of. Especially after that long

3 Likes

Prove to him thru DNA tests . It can happen even if a woman’s tubes are tied or man is fixed

3 Likes

My sister got pregnant and her fiance went and got another one after 20 years. It’s rare but possible

2 Likes

After so long its actually possible. The longer its been the more they are to fail

3 Likes

Have to do a test to know for sure

1 Like

Nothing is ever 100% not even tubal ligation/vasectomy… He will need to go back to the doc for tests

1 Like

Happened to me and mine. He had it done 8 years before I got pregnant

2 Likes

My boss got his wife pregnant. He had a vasectomy at 25 after he had 6 kids already. His wife got pregnant and had her baby two months ago!

1 Like

its rare but possible

So, I was told that a woman had her tubes tied and the her husband had a vasectomy and she ended up pregnant :flushed:.

2 Likes

My cousin did and it ended up being twins :flushed:

4 Likes

The only way it’s impossible is if you have no uterus or eggs and he has no testicles or sperm

8 Likes

If he knows how to read he can research the fact that they’re not 100%.

4 Likes

If he doesn’t trust it get a DNA test

1 Like

Its definitely possible … But you for sure need to get a pregnancy test before you start worrying too much about it .
You could be stressing for no reason.

14 Likes

It’s definitely possible

1 Like

Sometimes the scar tissue heals

You can get a sperm count done at any lab that has their own testing area.

I would tell him before you make an argument out of this, let’s see the doctor first!

6 Likes

My youngest sister in law was conceived after their dad has a vasectomy and they mom was on birth control. She is by far my favorite in the family ( including my husband)

7 Likes

Yes… many people have

“I think I’m pregnant” means you should probably confirm yes or no before you worry about anything else.

24 Likes

So here’s the thing. If you are have him retested , easy solve . But second how old are you is it possible you just are in menopause and dont know it ?

8 Likes

Have him go get checked. Its definitely possible

2 Likes

Apparently, after 5 years it’s possible to get pregnant. A friend of mine experienced this. Ended up with twins

4 Likes

Well if you are pregnant and you were faithful and he doesn’t believe you just get a genetics test. #ProblemSolved

9 Likes

Very common they can correct themselves over the years

I know of 2 women. 1 after a vasectomy and the other after getting her tubes tied. Because of this I told my dr to cut tie burn twist cauterize and do whatever he could so that I would never get preg again.

1 Like

It’s happened. You can have his sperm count done or prove to him through a paternity test but make sure you’re pregnant 1st

1 Like

My sister in law got prego and her husband had that done . She’s due next month .

1 Like

A distant relative got a vasectomy after his 3rd child.

5 years later his gf got pregnant. Everyone thought the kid must have been someone else’s but nope, dna confirmed it was his. It’s pretty common for vasectomies to not be 100% and you have to go back every so often to be sure you’re still shooting blanks

2 Likes

My womans tubes are tied. I had a vasectomy… if we do have a baby we will name him Jesus.

20 Likes

Yes. And if he accuses you of anything, get a paternity test(or a divorce.)

3 Likes

I know a case where the pregnancy was twins.

1 Like
3 Likes

It happened to 2 of my friends. It’s possible. Rare but possible.
Lord I don’t need that kind of miracle :raised_hands:

3 Likes

A vasectomy is only 98% effective slightly higher than condoms

1 Like

My boys dad was conceived 16 years after his dad had a vasectomy. It does happen.

1 Like

I work at a Urologist office and yes, it happens. Did he go get testing after to make sure it worked? A lot of men skip the after visit.

4 Likes

Did he go to his follow up appointment following his vasectomy? My brother is a post-vasectomy baby… those follow-up appointments are important… as are the timing guidelines associated with using protection, etc.

4 Likes

I’ve heard of it happening a couple times. In those cases the man didn’t go back for his follow up appt

2 Likes

Crystal Mullins husband had a vasectomy and she got pregnant…

I know
Someone it happened to twice

1 Like

Jude Henson.
Not pregnant, but missed two periods a couple of months ago and I was convinced I was pregnant! Hubby had his vasectomy 6 yrs ago, but not pregnant!

You think you’re pregnant?? How about starting there first :woman_facepalming::rofl:. Its called a test and you can do it yourself.

6 Likes

She’s pregnant right now

Husband had a co worker who hot his first wife, then second wife pregnant after one. Destroyed his first marriage. He was so mean to his wife. Accused her of all types of things. They could never move pass his behavior.

1 Like

Definitely possible.

1 Like

It can absolutely happen when my ex husband had his they told him after 10 years it was very likely and that after 5 years he needed to have a sample tested once a year to be sure he still had no count!

Anatomy fun fact: having a vasectomy does not guarantee 100% removal of all seminal fluid

3 Likes

Our old babysitter had her tubes tied, her husband had a vasectomy, and they STILL would up having a kid years later.

2 Likes

I am the result of a failed vasectomy. He can go get checked to see if the vasectomy failed or not.

2 Likes

Yes, the vas deferens can grow back together. Get him to go back to the Urologist. A simple semen analysis will verify.

1 Like

Take a test. The way I see it is, if it’s meant to be, it will happen regardless of vasectomies tubals etc. it’s WAY more common than people think.

1 Like

Following keep us updated when you know if your pregnant

3 Likes

Ethan Macaluso terrifying

Idk if it’s possible but if the baby comes out as his then you should get a fat check from the doctors and hospitals :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I know someone that got pregnant 12 years after her husband had one. When he got his they only cut the ends. Instead of a cut and burn. The tubes reattached themselves.

Happened to my good friend and almost ruined her marriage because her husband thought she was unfaithful (she wasn’t).

It isn’t 100 %… maybe the doc did sloppy work

I knew a girl that got pregnant after her husband had a vasectomy… It happens more than anyone knows.

1 Like

Oooooo I wanna know too!!

1 Like

The body works to reverse that and it happens. It’s more common years and years and years after the vasectomy than you’d think

They are supposed to go back to make sure it took. If they didn’t there is no guarantee that it worked. Also if they didn’t remove even vas or burn them they can grow back.

Yes my bf is a child made from a vasectomy

Crazy yes, it happens

Why even worry if u don’t even know if you’re pregnant🤷‍♀️

5 Likes

I didn’t but i know people who have!

Following too! :heart: Keep us updated! God Bless!

1 Like

My mom got pregnant after she had me! And my dad had a vasectomy before I was even born!! So it’s possible!

If he was just cut and not cauterized, it’s possible it grew back together

I’m a vasectomy baby​:woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I have two kids. They are 10, and 5, both after a 14 year old snip snip.
Both of my kids have DNA tests done on them too bc his whole family was so sure it was impossible.

1 Like

Yes, over 5 years later.

Yes ! My sisters friend got pregnant with twins, not sure when her husband got the Vasectomy

Did he have a post vasectomy sample tested? If not, no proof that it was a successful surgery.

If you read the statistics every so many years you have a higher percentage of becoming pregnant. They usially have you get checked every so many years to make sure but it is possible.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve heard it’s possible.

You can’t get a fat check from no one.In big bold letter not 100 percent grantee!!! Read the fine print.

3 Likes

Very possible. With that being said if you are and you don’t want it you know you have choices right?

You’re supposed to get the sperm tested before you have sex

1 Like

Definitely possible! I work in urology. Even if you aren’t pregnant, I would suggest he have a semen analysis. He should have had one done 3 months post vas to check and make sure there were no sperm.

3 Likes

I don’t know if its possible but DNA or paternity tests are there so you don’t have to worry…

2 Likes

Nothing is :100: unless you don’t have sex or have a hysterectomy so it’s most def possible if he don’t believe the baby is his then just have a dna paternity test done.

3 Likes

Men have to go back to see if the flow of semen is dead or alive. They have to go back every few years. Most men don’t.

The doctor that did my husband’s told us it is not guaranteed. Him amd his wife got pregnant 10 years after they both got fixed.

2 Likes

My youngest sister is a vasectomy baby

Very possible. I researched it after my husband had his and read it to him just so he was aware it wasn’t a 100% guarantee and pregnancies have happened.

About 1 in 1000. And can grow back so the longer the odds go up

Vasectomy’s can become reversed or less effective over time. They also need to be tested after to ensure it worked.

My friend and her husband just had their 3rd baby and he had a vasectomy 10 years ago

You’re ‘supposed’ to routinely have your levels checked since this is more common than most people think.

2 Likes