Did anyone have symptoms of pregnancy while on Mirena?

I think I may be pregnant. I’m having all the signs minus the sickness. I have a doctor’s appointment on Thursday afternoon. But the thing is I’m on the Mirena birth control. So I’m probably not, but then I know birth control isn’t 100%. I’m just wondering if anyone else experienced something like this. Being on birth control and having signs of pregnancy. What are your thoughts?

6 Likes

Only way to know is to take a test. Then call your doctor

My daughter had that she got pregnant on it

I got pregnant on mirena the piece got embedded in my uterus.

I have it. Have for 10 years. No bn issues. I do have symptoms of pregnancy and periods at times.

1 Like

My son is 6. Had Mirena never found it :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I’ve been on it for almost 2 years and I get pregnancy symptoms all the time. I test once a month just for precaution bc I don’t 100% trust BC

1 Like

Pregnancy test! I got pregnant with mirena

I was on Mirena for a little over 2 yrs and never had any issues. I got it taken out to have our last baby (19 weeks preg) and I loved it… I plan on getting it back BUT I have heard of those types of things happening!!!

I thought I was pregnant several times when I had the Mirena but when I took urine tests they were always negative. The last time it happened I went and had a blood test to be sure I wasn’t crazy and had an ultrasound done to be sure the Mirena was in its proper place and it was. My doctor told me that often times side effects of the Mirena can be very similar to that of a pregnancy and many women will opt to have it removed for that reason. At that point, I decided to have it removed as well because it was driving me bananas! 4 months later I was pregnant with my 3rd baby and actually feeling all the pregnancy symptoms :blue_heart:

I have had mirena for 3 year in october.
I dont have regular periods on mirena.
I often go months between them and when I do it’s often light spotting, but I’ll have period “symptoms” achy breasts, tired, cramping ect. And sometimes for me even naseua (this is a period symptom with me).

When I feel super off I’ll go ahead and test since I dont have periods on it. Which is what they’d do at the doctors anyways.

Nadia Lokhat Abdoola🤣

1 Like

Yes. Test regularly to make sure since some women don’t get periods with mirena

1 Like

I got pregnant on that, but it ended up being where the baby was in my tubes. It was bad for me and the baby.

I’ll say this much… No birth control is 100% effective. But take a test and then wait for your Dr appointment. Good luck xx

Every month I thought I was pregnant. Never was though.

Yes. Literally labor pains that send me to the ER along with nausea, tender breast, the whole 9. I also have other lady issues as well. I love the mirena, on my second one in 8 years, but it’s driving my batty with these symptoms. Advocate for yourself and get a full exam and make sure there are no other issues.

1 Like

Is it still there? If an IUD is placed incorrectly it can fall out or just not be effective at all in preventing pregnancy.

I had a few scares but had the mirena for almost 8 years with zero complications and no pregnancies. It wasn’t until I removed it and tried for a baby that I actually got pregnant.

Sometimes Mirena can cause symptoms like that. It’s the hormones in the birth control. It’s more likely that than you being pregnant, but it never hurts to double check.

I had the mirena for 10 yrs only supposed to be in 5 and I never had a period the whole time

I do whenever my cycle should be there.
I dont bleed anymore but I get the sore boobs, cramps, nausea…all of it. Negative pregnancy test every time…thank ya jesus :rofl:

1 Like

Jamie? Sound familiar :thinking:

1 Like

I got pregnant on the pill. I had normal pregnancy symptoms. Morning sickness didn’t happen until after I found out the actual answer.

I had the 5 year mirena for the full 5 years. I had pregnancy symptoms the whole time and was told it was normal because of the hormones it releases. I never got pregnant on it, but it was awful. Not only because of the pregnancy symptoms but because it hurt to do the deed and because I would get very painful cramps that would double me over. I never had a period on it though.

I feel this too! Its confusing not having a regular period to go off of. I still get menstrual symptoms at the same time each month. I’ve had mine for 8 years now tho, and other than the mimicking pregnancy symptoms, it’s been good.
Good luck!

1 Like

YES!!! I had the mirena inserted 7/2019 after having my son 5/2019. I just had it taken out 6/1/2020 because of this reason! I was constantly waking up nauseous or feeling nauseous and had all the pregnancy symptoms but 100% knew I was not pregnant. I had it taken out and immediately I felt a difference in my body and the nausea I kept having IMMEDIATELY went away. I will never get that birth control again!!!

My friend got preg on mirena twice.

Yes i do all the time and had it for 3 years now

I got pregnant on Mirena and had a miscarriage

1 Like

Can you feel your wires?

Birth control can give you symptoms similar to pregnancy. If the pregnancy tests are negative you’re probably not pregnant.

I got pregnant and miscarried on Mirena. I also later had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured and caused me to lose one of my tube and almost die.

IUDs are not the most effective, I know many babies that came about while their mother had an IUD (or what ever they are called now)

Yup! My ob told me that it was normal.

Yup, turns out it fell out and I was prego :upside_down_face:

Wow I’ve never used this.My ex sister in law did and ended up pregnant.I know some people can’t remember the pill but if I felt that bad all the time I would find another alternative.

Yes there’s been a couple times were I thought I was pregnant as well while on it

I got pregnant on it my tube ruptured and had to have it removed so it is possible

I got pregnant on the Mirena so it is possible

You can definitely experience pregnancy-like symptoms with the mirena, because of all the hormones. Years ago, when I was on it, which was an absolute HORRIBLE experience, pregnancy-like symptoms were a common occurance, even though it was legitimately impossible for me to have been pregnant at the time. I had other issues from the mirena though, thay were absolutely awful, to where i personally will never recommend that thing to anyone. But, as with everything, everyones experiences are different.

1 Like

I actually got pregnant while on the mirena. It can happen so be careful take a test and make sure. I took 3 that came back with faint positives went to the ER they tested my blood and I actually was preg. They took the iud out and it did end up ending the pregnancy.

I had the same symptoms while on the Marina and then had major blood clots for like three weeks went to doctors cause I thought I was having a miscarriage but the doctor said everything looks good and it wasn’t a miscarriage they didn’t know why I was bleeding like that and two weeks later my Marina came out after I was in cruciateing pain just like I had when I was in labor having contractions

… welp. I’m glad i’m on patches. Gotta remember to change them weekly but the most i’ll get is the usual period stuff and headaches (i didn’t use to get headaches before)

I was so positive that I had gotten pregnant on Mirena that even though I had six negative pregnancy tests, I went to the OBGYN and made them test my blood to be completely sure I wasn’t. It was AWFUL!

Yes I actually am on the Mirena birth control and very 5 months or so ill feel pregnant morning sickness and all I’ve bern on it for 4 years and not actually pregnant just the feeling that last about 3 days then goes away.

Yes. Every hormonal birth control has given me pregnancy symptoms. It’s from the hormones and not uncommon.

I got pregnant while on birth control, not an iud but an implant.
I would take a test to have ease of mind.

All. The. Time. I take a monthly pregnancy test just to be safe.

Even if you only “think” you might be, go to the doctor’s office right away. If you are they need to get that birth control out ASAP

Mirena gave me horrible anxiety and depression as soon as they took it out I was better thank God!!

1 Like

There are No hormones in the mirena. Shouldnt have side effects.

My doctor has recommended that I get a mirena to stop my heavy bleeding?? Worried it doesn’t work, n the thought of it scares me

I have a 9 month mirena coil baby used the merina over 10 years no problem until it failed last year

I got pregnant on mirena the first time I was on it and then had extremely bad UTI the second time I was on it. 4 of my 5 kids are birth control babies

I have a mirena baby! (although hes not a baby anymore, hes 11 now :heartpulse:)

Yes I did every time I was on birth control.

Been on the mirena for 16 years never had any side effects at all and No period which is wonderful.

Take a pregnancy test

4 Likes

Take a dollar store test for now until your apt

Worse birth control to have!

I had a manager who got pregnant on the mirena. Had a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby!