Did anyone lose their mucus plug at 25 weeks?

Any mommas lose mucus plug at 25 weeks ? I didn’t lose it with my other two kids because I was induced early . This is kind of gross and may be TMI but it was a big brownish/red snot looking blob when I wiped … I’m kind of worried because I feel like it’s too early to lose it . I’m having pain in my lower belly.

11 Likes

With pain or blood always go get checked. However, mucus plugs can come out and regrow throughout pregnancy. Lower pain in belly could be round ligament pain from baby growing but it is always better to be safe than sorry.

I’d definitely go straight into hospital to be safe! Or atleast call your midwife to see what the best thing for you to do is, all the best!! x

Please get checked. That happened to me at 25 weeks, had my boy less than two days later. If only I knew :frowning:

Get checked out right away
Be very very careful. No sex. No lifting. As little walking as possible. No squatting. Go to hospital.
I lost it at 4&1/2 mos… the placenta then attached to the birthing canal & kept my guy put.(placenta previa).- carried until 8mos, scheduled c-section… baby is fine, he’s now 2yrs & 9mos.

You definitely need to be checked like now, not to scare you but it’s always best

It grows back! Definitely check with your OB, just so they can check on baby and whatnot. But you can lose pieces of it throughout your whole pregnancy and it just keeps growing back.

1 Like

It may just be extra discharge which happens around this time and since brown blood is old blood it’s usually considered ok. But I would never hesitate to go to ER or make a extra appt asap. Also if it is mucus plug it’s probably a piece and it grows back. I’m an angel mama so these days I never hesitate to go in even if I’m annoying the nurses cuz they never take you seriously. You literally have to demand care. Isn’t that terrible? Like no I’ve lost babies, you need to do all the tests please and thank you. 6 living and 2 angels

It can happen I lost mine early in pregnancy lost one twin and had my other at 34 weeks but was in hospital for about a month before she came.:pray::pray:

Call your OB-GYN, and get checked.

1 Like

It’s not common buts also not abnormal. You can lose it and your body makes more. It doesn’t hurt to get checked though and at 25 weeks probably should.