Did you gain weight with mirena?

Ladies, what are your opinions on the Mirena and weight gain? Has anyone had stories where they couldn’t lose weight or gained weight while on it, and suddenly lost weight after removing it?

6 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Did you gain weight with mirena? - Mamas Uncut

I’ve not been right since I got my last iud. Gained 60 lbs, then lost 70 lbs and went down to 90lbs and no matter what I did could not get back to a place where I felt healthy😔 I’m FINALLY getting to a place where I feel even, I’m 104 lbs and my iud has been removed for 2 years now. I lost my hair in huge clumps and balls, my hormones have been imbalanced for years now…I wish I never got that thing

I got mine almost 11 years ago(obv had them replaced) and was under 100 pounds until 3 years ago. I didn’t have any weight gain at all.

I bloated really bad with it and had bad shoulder pain along with cramping for the year I had it in, as soon as it was removed I felt amazing and wasn’t bloated or in pain… I now have the kyleena coil and I have no issues at all x

I didn’t gain anything and had it for 11 years

I had the one for 5 years and yes I personally gained weight then would fluctuate a lot but still couldn’t lose passed a certain point. It took a few years after (I did have a pregnancy a year after that I gained a lot of weight with) but I did lose weight drastically after a couple of years.

1 Like

I had mine in for 2 years I had no change in my weight.

I didn’t experience any weight things with mine​:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: everyone is different though

I gained like 15# of bloat in the 6 months I had it. I lost it after I got it removed and had a giant period.

My first one no problem! This second one has been hell!! And I definitely put on weight with this one.

I gained 30 pounds within months on it as I went along it kept adding up

I lost weight with mirena because it gave me bad stomach issues and I couldn’t eat. I was always nauseous and had no appetite.

I gained 40 lbs and lost it within a year of removing it

I had gained weight over the 5 years not suddenly like maybe 15-20 ibs I lost some of it after removal but not all at once and I was working out

Yess! along with migraines and bad anxiety! :woozy_face:

No change in weight!

I’m so excited now I can at least pay my bill and take good care of my family Thank you Mrs Lisa Jennifer for you have brought happiness to me and my family through your experiences in Cryptocurrency hit her dm on how to invest