Do 3D ultrasounds show gender?

Has anyone paid for a 3D ultrasound at 15 weeks to find out the sex of the baby early? Was just wondering about accuracy and if anyone recommends it.

10 Likes

We paid for one at 13 weeks. It was correct. :grinning:

1 Like

Paid for one at 12 weeks and it was right💙

1 Like

Mine was at 15 weeks and it was right

1 Like

I paid for one at 13-14 weeks and they were right :slightly_smiling_face::ribbon: gonna do it this go around too!!

1 Like

I did. It was correct and a fun experience. Would do it again!

1 Like

I did one @ 16 weeks…said it was a girl! I found out @ 27 weeks it was a boy!:scream:

1 Like

I’ve found out with both at my regular doctor now. This pregnancy our daughter won’t stay still long enough to get 3D images they’ve tried so there’s that… I wouldn’t waste the money on it. It’s like $200? Most people could definitely use $200 on almost anything else🤷🏻‍♀️

I have got all 7 of my grandkids done and they have all been correct

1 Like

I found at the gender at 15 weeks with a regular ultrasound

1 Like

We did and it was correct

1 Like

I had a blood test done

1 Like

Nope. Paid for the blood test though

1 Like

Found out at 13w 3d that shes a girl. Confirmed at 21 weeks that it was correct and she is 100% girl

2 Likes

Found out with the harmony blood test at 12 weeks

4 Likes

Not so accurate that early … Ya know all it takes is that baby blowing on the thumb instead of sucking … POP … There’s your boy!

I found out at 12 weeks via normal ultrasound

1 Like

I found out at 12 weeks via normal ultrasound

1 Like

We had a blood test for genetic abnormalities that also revealed the sex. We also had a 3D ultrasound when our doctor thought our baby might have a cleft lip (She didn’t) and also several to track her growth (she’s fine, just small like her parents :joy:). I found the ultrasound to be very accurate especially later on in the pregnancy, but just like with normal ultrasounds, it depends on the baby’s cooperation in positioning. Our first 3D ultrasound was frustrating because we were trying to look at her lips and our baby kept holding her hands in front of her face (and has evolved into a real hand chewer :grin:). It’s an expensive way to just determine gender, but it’s fun to see them if you have the money. Insurance won’t help unless your doctor requests you get one.

2 Likes

Yes and it was right both times :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Just got a normal ultrasound yesterday to find out the gender at 15 weeks.

1 Like

Had regular ultrasound done at 14 weeks and they could tell the sex already that was 20 years ago

Not recommended. Extra ultrasounds aren’t necessary and could pose risks to the baby.

We have 3 times. It was accurate every time

I found out with both my kids at 12weeks with a normal ultrasound :slight_smile:

I did and it was 100% accurate

I got one at 14 weeks… said girl… I’m 36 weeks now and all ultrasounds say girl… so we’ll see

I did it at 15 weeks and it was accurate! Usually if they’re not confident they’ll have you come back.

I did both times and it was 100% accurate

Get the genetic test at 9-13w, 99.9% accurate. 3D ultrasounds are recommended between 28 and 32w

3D best at 28-30 weeks to see all the baby features not just the gender

I found out at just 13 weeks I was having a boy on the ultrasound! I think you should be good, but you also can get the blood test if the office you go to offers it!