Do I have a right to be upset at my ex?

How would you handle finding out your ex is expecting a baby with his girlfriend? This will make our daughter a big sister and she far enough along to know its a boy and just had a baby shower. So shes probably due soon. Do I have a right to be upset?
267 Likes

Well, my situation was a little different as my not-yet-ex was expecting with is GF. I was not happy at all because he left me to be with her. We had been together for 20 years, married for 17. We had a 15 yr old son and a 12 yr old daughter. When the baby was born, on the 21st anniversary of our becoming a couple, I showed up at the hospital to congratulate them and see the baby. Not the baby’s fault, and he was brother to my kids. I thought the GF was going to climb under the bed. After she realized why I was there she settled down. I do have to say, she made a much better wife for him. They were married for 35 years, until she passed a few years ago.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Do I have a right to be upset at my ex? - Mamas Uncut

You said ex right?! Lmao

4 Likes

Are you jealous? Sounds like you’re not over your ex.

8 Likes

why would you be upset?

1 Like

No. Not even a little bit.

People have a right to move on.

5 Likes

Why are you upset? Because they didn’t tell you or bc they are having a baby? Y’all aren’t together so really it’s none of your business

8 Likes

None of your business

No if he’s your ex what happens in his personal life is none of your business.

5 Likes

No get over it. It’s your ex it’s not your choice

Ummm, no! His life is none of your business!

No you don’t unless he slept with her while y’all were together, that you would have a reason to be upset about

Move on , that’s all you can do, don’t look desperate and bitter

No.
If anything be excited for your daughter, she is going to be a big sister! That’s exciting for her, your feeling about it need to be left aside.

3 Likes

Unless he’s more than just an ex… nope

If your upset it means you still have feelings :grimacing:

no not even 1% at all. They moved on they’re allowed to have kids. This is petty and jealous.

1 Like

Not really. He’s your ex.

No not your business. He’s your ex.

No very simple, move on in life

“Ex”

“Girlfriend”

No. No you don’t.

No, that’s not your place anymore… sorry

1 Like

No he is your ex he has a right to move on if that means being in a relationship & having more kids it happens as long as he’s a good father to your child that you have together

2 Likes

No…why would you be?

If you’re upset, then you haven’t healed… :100:

3 Likes

Not your business at all

1 Like

Girl get off your high horse. You moved on and he’s allowed to as well.

3 Likes

How old are you? sound pretty young for even asking this.
Anyway NO YOU HAVE NO RIGHT to be upset. Yall aren’t together focus on yaself

1 Like

WTAF??? He is your E X. Holy f*ck.:roll_eyes:

Sure, you’ll have some feelings knowing your ex is having a baby with his girlfriend. That would obviously be hard on you considering you guys share a child and they’ll have a sibling.

But that’s it. He’s an ex for a reason. I doubt you’d want to be stuck having more kids with him. He’s moved on and so should you. It’s not your business anymore.

3 Likes

My husbands ex was jealous when she found out I was pregnant with my husbands kid. It was out of jealousy. If hes your ex you have no right to be upset unless you still have feelings for him. Best of luck

My son has a half sister from his father he’s never met :woman_shrugging:t3: people move on, it’s what they do. If you’re lucky he will be involved with both of his children

1 Like

He’s your ex, why are you even concerned? He has the right to be happy just like you do.

2 Likes

It’s not your issue to be concerned with. He’s your ex. He is allowed to go out and have his own life. Just as you are. Just make sure your daughter is a great, big sister. Teach her love and acceptance rather than anger and bitterness.

1 Like

Upset for what?? It just sounds controlling of you. He’s your EX, you have no say.

On a different note, if he’s not living up to his fatherly duties with the one he already has then that’s a different story. But you didn’t say that. So no, you have no right to be upset. It’s not your life anymore.

1 Like

If he doesn’t take care of his first child then yeah you have every right to be annoyed at the situation; however if he cares for his daughter, then no you don’t, you and him broke up for a reason

1 Like

No he is your ex. Move on

Upset privately? Sure. He’s sharing something with someone else y’all did. Vocally upset? No. Not your business. Wish him a congrats and move on.

1 Like

Maybe she is upset because they also have a child and it would be nice to know so you could make your child excited also.

1 Like

No. That’s not your business.

Is your daughter aware? If not, thats the reason to be upset. Because she was not aware. But you….nah. Move on from it. They do not have to disclose.

Did u think you were going to be the only one to give him kids :thinking: :confused:

1 Like

It’s better to let it go! Be the better person for your kids!!!

2 Likes

Is that why he is ur ex. You have no longer any rights to be mad at him at all for having another baby with his current gf. It be yes if he was still ur parter

Was the child created while you were with your ex? If yes, then sure… if not, no…

Why does it matter? As long as your kid isn’t on a back burner example- keeping up visitations and support, then why does it matter if he has other kids.

I take it that you’re finding out he cheated on you that he got her pregnant while you were still together. Yes you got every right to be pissed if that’s the case but consider yourself lucky he’s now your ex and moved on. No longer your problem

1 Like

I don’t understand. Why are you upset? Did he get her pregnant while you were together? If he moved on after you, you have no reason to be upset.

1 Like

He’s your ex. Why are you upset?

2 Likes

Nope… that’s why he an EX

1 Like

No you don’t, you do have an obligation to make sure there is no unnecessary drama and your daughter has a right to love her sibling without seeing or hearing about your jealousy

4 Likes

No it’s not your child lol

1 Like

No! You are not together for a reason and he has a right to move on regardless of what happen in between the both of you

2 Likes

No. Let him be happy. He’s your ex. The father of my older daughter fathered three other kids. One while I was still pregnant with his first child. I was pissed that he cheated, and she got pregnant. If she got pregnant while he was with you, that’s something to be mad about. Not that he’s with her and she’s pregnant by him.

Ummm no he is your ex

No. Grow up. This happened to me and had nothing to do with his ex

Not really. I can understand it, but not really.

Nope you shouldn’t care…he definitely moved on so should you!

No? Why do you think they have to tell you their life?

1 Like

No,he moved on and has a life wish them well and work on moving on yourself

No… if he is your ex …

Don’t worry about it move on and be at peace with you and your daughter!

1 Like

Nope. You aint together and he clearly moved on. Stay out of it. Its his life.

1 Like

Upset about what?

Your ex has moved on and started a family with his new significant other….

Get over it!

No you do not have a right to be upset your child’s father is expanding his family and didn’t talk to you about it. It’s none of your business. Stay in your lane and support your daughters feelings/emotions/questions.

1 Like

Don’t be mad. He’s not really your business anymore

He’s your EX…he has a right to move on.

You can be upset all u want but why would u wanna be upset? He is ur ex not ur man there is no reason to be mad except if u still have feelings for him he has moved on he has his lil family let him live but be civil for ur child sake

1 Like

No you go get the innocent baby a gift from his big sister. You have nothing but positive things to say from here on out. Congrats to the big sis!!

1 Like

Absouletly not. Mad weird

No…sounds kind of childish to be upset/jealous! Move on you have your daughter and they have their baby…just move on

1 Like

Negative. Sounds like you might be harboring feelings for him still. Your best bet is to congratulate them and keep moving forward in your life. Your daughter has her other life, you have your own life, and your ex has his own life too. You have no right to meddle in that.

3 Likes

Nope as soon as he became your ex the only thing that you need to know about his life is the daughter y’all have together

Why are you upset? Because so far you sound immature

Maybe a little it would be nice to know your child is going to have a sibling.

Did you two both consult your exes before you got pregnant with your daughter? That just sounds crazy to me. He has the right to move on, just like you do. Be happy for them and your daughter becoming a big sister!

1 Like

He’s your ex. You have no right to be upset about anything regarding his new relationship unless it somehow affects your daughter directly. Becoming a big sister is not the end of the world and it’s not something harmful to her.

2 Likes

No. Not at all. He is your ex lol

I’m very confused as to why being upset even crossed your mind? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Girl no and you showing us that you are the type of baby mom that won’t let him see the kid because he moved on and you haven’t

5 Likes

No and why would you even ask that question

Why would you be upset. He is your ex. None of your business

2 Likes

No why would you be upset? Unless she got pregnant while you guys were together or something but there’s not enough context here to even begin to understand your feelings with this

he is your EX…BUT. if she got pregnant when you and him was still together then yes

1 Like

Nope ur an ex time to grow up get over it and congrats to them

Ummmm no. It’s an ex

1 Like

Oh for Pete’s sake, grow up!

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say you have the right to be upset. Maybe a little hurt that your daughter wasn’t invited to the shower (if she wasn’t)?
Go get the baby a gift from his big sis :heart:

2 Likes

Ummm, why would you be upset? You are not with him anymore. Do you feel he should have a right to be upset if you get pregnant?

4 Likes

Nope, your not his momma your his ex. His life is none of your business. You two only deal with each other when it involves the child you have with him. This other child doesn’t effect you at all. Grow up unless you want to ask for his permission to have a kid with someone else.

2 Likes

Oh yay, this is a good one for me bc it IS OKAY TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR FEELINGS!! I can’t express this enough. The feelings/emotions you are experiencing are normal , completely natural, especially if you deeply loved or cared for this person which I can only assume you did or do bc that’s the father to your child. Maybe you thought you were completely over him or maybe you’ve known deep down you weren’t over him but with that aside he has chose to move on. He has a girlfriend and now a new child on the way . That’s a hard pill to swallow , it really is but you have to acknowledge your feelings and tell you yourself it’s time to move on . You can’t see what may be in your future if your focused on the past . Make sure to not let these emotions sour and turn to resentment, that will ONLY hurt your child. Try to handle you feelings healthily so you can keep a comfortable relationship for your child. Best of luck girl , itll be a long hard road :two_hearts:

1 Like

Annoyed with the lack of communication, it does affect your daughter too. Had you known, you could have helped her get used to the idea on your time with her and helped her pick an awesome gift for her new little sibling.

2 Likes

Why would you be upset? He’s your EX. He’s apparently been with the GF long enough that she’s 4 or 5 months pregnant. So what is the problem???

2 Likes

No? Why would you be upset over him moving on and trying to be happy?

2 Likes

I think she means that the new girlfriend is far enough along that he had to be cheating with her…that would bother me a little but since he’s an ex don’t let it stress you out!!! There’s nothing you can do to change it…just better yourself and focus on you and your daughter. If him cheating was the case you’re way better off anyway. Hang in there.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Why you you be upset?. He moved on

No not at all. He’s your EX therefore anything he does with his life or his girlfriend is none of your business :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No you can’t say anything to him it’s really none of your business now. But yes you can be hurt and upset. It always hurts when the ex moves on but remember you to will move on one day and maybe have more kids with a new partner and I’m sure the last thing you would want is your ex having a go at you about it, as hard as it might be just leave it be mate.

3 Likes