Do I have a right to be upset at my ex?

Absolutely not. He is having a baby with his girlfriend. Your child will have a sibling. You aren’t together. Instead you should be getting your child excited to be a big sister.

1 Like

None of your business

No. It won’t affect YOUR life. It affects your daughter.

So my husbands ex is the exact same way. We didnt tell her about our daughter bc it wasnt her business. He has kids with her & she was super mad bc their kids dont see their half sister. Well now we’re expecting baby #2 & she did the same thing making a big scene to his family who have contact with his kids. Him & her got into a disagreement on their shared parenting & she took the kids from him. So we feel that since he doesnt see or talk to his kids with her that we didnt need to tell them about thier half sister or the new baby but she sure told them. Personally I get it if he sees your daughter that y’all have together she should have known before this. But if he doesnt have contact with her then I dont see why it matters. To me it would just hurt the kid more if he doesnt see her. 🤷 but thats just my opinion.

Can I ask what exactly about it that you are upset by?

Is this a real question?

Wth, why would you have reason to be upset?

HA my hubby’s ex was mad about the fact that I got pregnant, my step son was SUPER excited so it just pissed mom off more :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Its ok to be in your feelings but remember only you are responsible for your feelings not him and he hasnt done anything wrong by moving on :heart: it can still sting a little but continue to encourage a good relationship with your daughter and her new sibling… it will take time to see but it can be a blessing

5 Likes

Lol no he’s your ex he should have to ask your permission to have another kid with someone else
But also it would have been nice for him to at least tell you that yalls kid is gonna be a big sister

2 Likes

That’s an odd thing to be upset about. He’s entitled to move on with his life and you should really do the same.

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Only if he was your current spouse would you have the right to be upset.

Well, you are entitled to your own feelings. You’re not wrong for feeling the way you do. However, people move on. Thats a part of life. Are you mad that he’s having another child with someone else? Or mad that he didn’t tell you about it and you’re just now finding out?

Not really. It’s their business not yours. He’s your ex.

3 Likes

It’s ok to have these feelings. Acknowledge them, look deeper within to have a better understanding what it is that’s triggering these feelings, release the feelings and thoughts/hurts, and try to keep your dignity as you live your life and parent

1 Like

Um no. Your his ex & he can do what he wants with his life.

3 Likes

No offense but no. This is a chance for your Daughter to grow, and have a sibling relationship (which can be the best). Youre hindering her, and you’re jealousy is going to get in the way of her own growth. Please choose better.

I know managing those emotions are difficult, but don’t project on to her. It isn’t healthy for her.

1 Like

No and that’s not the attitude God would want me to have, in fact I would help my daughter to pick out a gift and have a sibling relationship with the new sibling. I have mosaic turners syndrome I can’t have more kids so to me I would be happy that my daughter would have a new brother or sister no matter how it happened. Showing Kindness also teaches kindness to your daughter.
Life is too short.

6 Likes

Do you mean because he didn’t tell you sooner?

Wait… Is there more? He is your ex?

No. You are not together. He has a right to move on. Golden uterus syndrome much? Jealousy much?

2 Likes

He only should have told your daughter sooner if she’s just finding out.

As long as he doesn’t forget or not include your and his daughter then don’t worry about it

1 Like

And he doesn’t have to tell you. His home. His business.

3 Likes

Ekk can see jealous mom right there

2 Likes

Uh no lolol. If it’s not your baby, not your problem. Mind ya business :relieved:

4 Likes

Not at all. You should be excited that she will have a sibling, to share time with when she’s with them. You’ve been there, done that… be happy and move on. Encourage a healthy relationship with the new baby, the girlfriend and your child’s father. It’s much harder done, that said, but I found it makes life easier if you just agree to disagree and move on.

2 Likes

This group is full of children :joy::joy::joy::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

The new girlfriend was supposed to ask for your permission first. Everyone knows the rules.

8 Likes

No it’s none of your business. Sounds like your just not over him. Out your bug girl pants on and get to stepping. He is over you clearly.

1 Like

You really aren’t entitled to know first or anything. Would you feel the need to tell them your business?

2 Likes

You have the right to feel upset, but not to share your feelings with your daughter. She has the right to be excited about a new sibling.

5 Likes

This is the dumbest post I’ve seen

3 Likes

I mean if he’s your husband sure …

You should be getting your child excited and ready for the big change. As long as he is still a good dad to your daughter. Im 32 weeks pregnant and my son dad and his gf make sure to get my son excited for his new sister.

1 Like

I guess my question is what exactly about the situation are you upset with? Hes your ex so he can really Do whatever he’d like with his life.
Are you upset that he didn’t say something? Do you feel like he owes it to you to say something? Are you upset that your daughter’s now gonna be a big sister To her father’s baby and not yours? Or are you upset because you thought You and him were going to work it out?

1 Like

Nope

He has a right to move on and have more kids.

It’s not uncommon to feel some type of way when you find out your ex is having a baby. As long as you don’t treat him wrongly or keep your child from him because of it then you fine. You’re entitled to your feelings.

3 Likes

I think people are missing the point here a little. I don’t think she is at all jealous of the ex’s new relationship… he’s obvs an ex for a reason. If she didn’t have a child already with him then it would be a completely different ballgame - yes it would have absolutely nothing to do with her… HOWEVER. She already has a child with the ex, and something like a new baby from either side mum or dad should definitely be explained to the little girl from the earliest stage (past the ‘danger period’) to make sure the child has plenty of time to come round to the idea of no longer being the sole apple of daddy’s eye. Kids need time to adjust and to get excited with you, springing it on them 3 minutes before you give birth will likely just send the child into overdrive and the poor girl won’t know what’s happening. If the ex had told her after the initial ‘danger period’ making sure the new baby was healthy and happy… she could of explained it to the little girl and even made it really exciting that daddy’s having another baby. I think yes it would be a little OTT to be peeing on a stick then taking it to your ex’s house the next day to tell her… but having a civil conversation weeks later once the pregnancy is viable and in full swing would of just been a nice heads up. Whether they like each other on a daily basis or not, it won’t be any good for their child to just not know and then next time she goes and sees her dad there’s a random baby in the house. X

No… They are your ex for a reason I’m sure, and have moved on. You should take the time to heal and move on yourself.

Umm no! It’s your ex, he’s moved on so why should you be upset

No! Why would you y’all aren’t together so be it!! If u got pregnant by another man would it be ok than

1 Like

My ex made his new baby not my business so I told him I want to know nothing so he tells me nothing. That’s how I handle never being told. What he chooses to do is not my business as long as we coparent our son the way we need to to make his life better. What he does in his spare time without our son is his business and his business only.

Honestly you don’t have a right to be upset. He’s your ex and as your ex he can have kids with another woman.

No he is your ex. It’s not your business

2 Likes

No u have no right to be upset.
What the hell is so wrong with some woman just because u had a child with him don’t mean he not aloud to have any more

There is no talk about rights when it comes to feelings you can’t control. If you’re upset then you are upset and that is that but it’s not your place to act negatively towards then because of it

2 Likes

You do not. However you’re entitled to your own feelings just know those feelings should stay to yourself. You have no right to be publicly angry with someone you are not dating. That’s his family get used to it being your daughters as well.

You have the right to feel however you want … but doesn’t make it right

2 Likes

Help your daughter buy a gift for her new brother. Like it or not this kid and these parents are going to be in yours and your daughters life.

8 Likes

All you need to worry about is getting your daughter ready to be a big sister.

Why would you have a right to be upset?

Uhhhh, why?
I didn’t care. We weren’t together. His life is this business.

What r u upset about? If u r upset that your child is going to be a big sister and wasn’t told about it then maybe sad for your child. But upset that she’s pregnant then no

1 Like

Depends on how long you’ve been separated and if it’s a divorce or just separate houses

I mean maybe left over hurt private feelings that you don’t express to anyone including your daughter then sure? Other than that make sure you daughter gets to pick a present for her brother, let her know this is a great thing to help her get over the jealousy most older siblings experience and remind her that she’s not being replaced :woman_shrugging:t2: also maybe ask ex to get a gift “from baby” to big sister. We did this for our boys and they still have them 5 years later :heart:

My ex has had 5 kids in the last 8 years. The first one is why he is an ex. He never offered any explanation at all to me because he is an ex. Almost 50 with 5 kids is explanation enough of his stupidity

Why? Upset about what? He is your ex, your child’s father and whatever he do with his life, is none of your business. And please, don’t feed your daughter negative stuff about the baby or her father. Remember that Karma works both ways. Keep the peace for your daughter sake.

I mean there is no right or wrong answer here, you can’t help the way you feel.

1 Like

You have a right to feel any way you want to feel about it.

1 Like

No, why would you think you have a say?? What??

I think there’s some info missing here, what part are you upset about?

2 Likes

He’s your ex for a good reason. You have your life, he has his. Allow him to move on and expand his family. Jealousy will only destroy you.

you do to a certain extent … and he is your ex for a reason … be still he will mess up again …
and your daughter is going to be a big sister …

1 Like

Not in the slightest. You have no control over his life, and you definitely do not control his girlfriends body. What would you think if the roles were reversed? You’d probably think he was nuts, and you’d be offended he thought he had a say in what you do.

1 Like

You’re emotions definitely take president to the bond that is to be created between siblings :woozy_face: :joy:grow up and stop being juvenile. He moved on and you should too. You seem Super insecure girl. Hoping you can get over yourself and be there for what truly matters.

Lmaoooo. No. Get over it.

1 Like

Why would you be upset? You had a baby with him. Other people can too. And siblings are a blessing.

No, it is over between the both of you, that is why he is your ex. He went on with his life and you need to get on with yours.

Maybe your being upset is the finality of the relationship between you and your ex. I got really upset when my ex got married. It took time but it was part of the closing of the chapter that hit me. Not the marriage. His gone on to have 2 other children and our relationship has changed over time. I actually love his current partner she is a beautiful person and I am glad my son has her for a step mother.

Remember that this baby is your daughters brother. Help her to adjust to the new normal in her life. As suggested above take her shopping for some things for her brother for when he is born. What is important is the relationship between them as when all is said and done they are siblings.

Nurse your hurt and allow this to move you forward as you grow in life. Lots of love to you

4 Likes

If he’s your EX. Let it go. Obviously he’s moved on.

1 Like

No. Mind. Your. Own. Business. Unless that man is a deadbeat to your child and has the audacity to have another one

2 Likes

Not at all.

Why would you be upset

And you’d be upset why? Grow up.

1 Like

My ex and I both would’ve told one another early on but only for the fact that our son would be processing a big change in his life and he would need us both aware of the situation so we could support him through it. We both understand that we don’t owe each other updates on our personal life, but we do owe it to our child to give each other heads up about his life so that we can work together to raise an emotionally intelligent human being. For this reason, I would’ve been pretty upset if I didn’t know. I’d be wanting to help prep our son by talking about being a big brother, families expanding, etc. As far as the baby itself? I would’ve been happy for him because babies are awesome.

4 Likes

Lmaooooooooo MYOB girl. Take care of your own baby.

Um no lmfao. You do not own him. Move along!🤦

1 Like

Ummmm no why would you be upset??

I could see being a little irritated that you didn’t know so you couldn’t prepare your daughter for the arrival but you know now so start preparing now :woman_shrugging:t2: other than that, no. There isn’t a reason to be upset or anything.

2 Likes

I don’t think you have a right to be upset, whether you knew from the beginning of her pregnancy or not. This sounds like unresolved feelings you may still have for your ex, but then again you didn’t really specify what about this exactly makes you upset.

1 Like

Why bother being upset ? Your child is gaining another sibling, it’s exciting.
Are you upset because you wanted to give your daughter a sibling first ? In the end whatever order new siblings come, it’s all still special.
I’ll admit I was frustrated when I learnt my ex was having another child (he had one before we met, and then my four and now this new one due early next year) but their relationship was toxic - they’re no longer together, and honestly he’s not the best father and he’s adding another child to the mix !? :nauseated_face:
In the end none of it was my choice or my problem, so I got over it. My children have bought several little gifts to pop away for when their new sibling arrives and I too am excited for the new baby to arrive. The ex has nothing to do with the new baby mama, but I would consider myself friends with her.

1 Like

Uh… NO… you have absolutely no right to be mad… you have no say so what he does in his relationship and how he moves on with his life, especially him having more children! It’s not any of YOUR business just because you’re the mother of his first. YOU ARE THE EX!

He moved on. Instead rejoice with your daughter in the excitement that she’s goin to be a big sister. Let her know how awesome that is!

1 Like

Put on your big girl panties and move along

1 Like

Maybe u still have feelings for him… I think u should work on closure and moving on.

You are entitled to your feelings, and no one can tell you not to feel hurt. But as an ex, you have no actual right to be any part of his life choices other than raising yalls child. Anger is a secondary emotion. Ask yourself where it’s coming from and be honest with yourself. That’s the first step to moving past it.

3 Likes

I mean to a small extent, but not really… as someone who just went through this… I was super nervous her father would stop coming around once the new baby arrived… but now that she is here, my daughter loves her so much! My daughter’s father and I have a very very good co parenting relationship and I bonded well with his fiance. It’s about the kids, not so much you.

1 Like

Are you mad that he’s having a baby with someone else, or mad that you’re just finding out? Either was no you have no right to be mad. Is your daughter just finding out too? And is she old enough to understand? I could see being irrated that she was left out of an important milestone like watching baby brother grow in the tummy, but even then you don’t have the right to be mad, just ask for your daughter to be included in this exciting adventure.

1 Like

Not really, no. Your child has more then likely known for a while, if she didn’t tell you then I guess you’d find out whenever you found out, like now, why would he need to inform you his girlfriend is pregnant?!

It’s none of your business. No, you don’t have a right to be upset.

No!His your x and he can do what he wants.

1 Like

No . He’s a ex . You don’t have the right to be upset about anything unless it’s directly affecting your child

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: no. He’s your ex. You have no say what he does.

I used to let my ex’s new kids come stay the nite at my house with my kids when my kids were younger

4 Likes

No. Why would you ever thing you have a right to be upset at that? He is your ex. Get over it.

No. Why would you care? He’s your ex. Time to move on.

Do I have a right to ask if this is a legitimate question?
It sounds like you’re jealous and not over him. Go see a therapist and move on from it.
You should be genuinely happy that your daughter will have a sibling to love :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Sure you can be upset. But do you have the right to be upset…No. You’re the ex.

No, if you are upset then that means you are not over him. Let him live his life

You sound so bitter lol. What your EX does in his life is none of your business as long as it’s not hurting your daughter.

Move on and go do something with your life

1 Like

None of your business. He’s not yours.

2 Likes

Did you expect him to never have more kids??