Do I have a right to be upset?

Me and my husband have been going through rough times lately. We lost our home, our vehicle. we’ve been trying to start back over we had to stay with his mom for ONE MonthWe had to temporarily move in with his mom. And now, his mom Is repeating a lot of private conversations THAT WE HAD Before We Moved IN him and I have had. There is literally no one else in the world that would know these convos but him and I. I don’t know how to feel. I feel violated. These were Inmate conversations… We had a blow up tonight because she once again repeated something else we said in our private house with him and I there. the worst part is, he denies telling her, when I know it was him… no one else would know what was said but him and I…? I am so heartbroken because he repeated things no look should know about our personal lives. I adversity hate her and I don’t know if my anger is placed in the right place now if he your her. Shouldn’t I be mad with him??

7 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Do I have a right to be upset?

Private, intimate conversations between a husband and wife should stay between a husband and wife. Period. Make sure he understands that & his mom has no part of your marriage. If he needs to vent or wants an outsiders opinion, I would suggest a therapist or some type of support group.

3 Likes

I would be furious with both of of them.

4 Likes

Once you do vent to others the relationship between those people are irreparably damaged. You can’t logically expect that relationship to be great bc their opinion on your spouse is now changed forever. They aren’t neutral and they are looking at all sides either.

In this case it’s very possible that mom just overheard conversations since you’re in the same house. But now you know she can’t keep her mouth shut about private things she’s heard whether she was told or overheard. She’s no longer someone you should trust.

1 Like

No parent should be that involved in their kids marriage. However your husband is allowing her to be that involved.

I understand sometimes needing to talk things out with someone outside your relationship. However, it’s best done with a very trusted friend or better yet a therapist. NOT your parents!

Just curious - but are you sure MIL didn’t eavesdrop or overhear your conversation? Maybe he didn’t tell her. NOW, she got NO BUSINESS repeating what she heard and I’d be sure to tell her that - HE SHOULD too.

1 Like

He should be allowed to vent to his mom if he chooses even if it is personal but she should not be repeating it at all

3 Likes

The guy is allowed to vent to his mum. Or anyone .

4 Likes

Yeah you have every right to be mad. If he can’t stop telling mommy personal issues as a grown man. He’ll never stop. I would personally leave this man It’s not gonna get better.