Do I have to send my daughter to her dads if they are sick?

My daughter is supposed to vist her dad this weekend but his entire household is very sick…not covid but dont know ahat they have…he still wants me to send her over but i dont want to and we have a court order for this…my thing is when she comes back home in a few days she puts my entire house at risk and I am pregnant/…can i get in trouble for not sending her?

18 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/do-i-have-to-send-my-daughter-to-her-dads-if-they-are-sick/20303

He sounds like a fool for not protecting her. But our system sucks so you better send her and then file a complaint with the court on this.

1 Like

No if you don’t want to send your Daughter to her Dad’s then Don’t call Him and tell him that you want to make sure he’s healthy then send her

1 Like

You absolutely cannot get in trouble for her being sick and you keeping her home is she’s isn’t feeling good your doing what’s best for her and that’s how the judge would see it too

2 Likes

Offer to switch a weekend with him. Tell him she’s not feeling well.

7 Likes

Um, no. You do not send your child at all. Call the court if you have to. Pretty sad that he demands this. We (if sick) don’t visit with family or friends out of respect and plus we don’t want to be the cause of a sickness.

5 Likes

That is contempt of court just went thru same thing judge fined me 750 for not letting him go to his daddys

3 Likes

If it’s his court ordered time then he can file for contempt

3 Likes

If it’s court ordered you have to send her. Sick or not

3 Likes

He sounds like such a good dad willingly putting his daughter into a situation where he knows it isn’t safe for her health, like others have said get ahold of the court, like that’s a hell no for me… She is perfectly healthy as of right now, and because he wants to be selfish she is going to get sick as well… wtf.

4 Likes

Viruses are part of life you will all be fine just send her.

3 Likes

It’s easier to get forgiveness than permission. Text that she won’t be going over. Offer him a different week end. Worse case scenario he tells the judge and the judge let’s you explain and makes you give him a make up week end

1 Like

If you don’t send her to her dad’s on a court ordered weekend, he could send the cops to pick her up from your house and they will bc its in writing.
You can offer to switch weekends but if he says no, you have to send her legally.

1 Like

If it’s a court order you will probably get in trouble. Unless you have something in the order about sickness. If you have a lawyer I’d call and ask.

As her dad he shouldn’t want her to come this weekend and expose to her to whatever illness they all have. I wouldn’t send her. To get in trouble he would have to take you to court. Sorry but we are suppose to protect our children.

I’ve never sent my child to her dad’s house if she is sick or if he’s sick even if he had her if he ended up having to work she still didn’t go. And visits were court ordered. He never had her on weekends only 2 days a week.

It’s Monday, the weekend is quite a few days away, I’m sure they won’t be contagious by the time she goes to her dad’s. :woman_shrugging:

Yes you can get in trouble for not following the CO.

not sure how quickly admin approves these post but if it’s immediately then it’s barely Monday. By the time Friday or Saturday comes along they will probably be well on their way to recovery. It’s the same as if your household was sick on your weekend. Are you going to send her away?

4 Likes

It’s horrible of the dad to want her to go but if it’s court ordered you have to🥺

1 Like

Just because you’re sick doesn’t mean you get out of being a parent. I think the fact he’s willing to still be up for his visitation while feeling unwell says a lot about him. I’m sure if it was a serious sickness that he wouldn’t want her to come.

4 Likes

Short answer, yes you can get in trouble. Try compromising with him

1 Like

It’s life. She could get sick at your house and put his entire family at risk. Be thankful he was honest about it, but it’s court ordered and it’s his time.

2 Likes

If her dad doesn’t understand about not wanting his child sick then he’s not much of a dad

6 Likes

Usually the orders don’t have dates when child visits as long as they get the child the amount of time they are supposed to get them. Call CPS

4 Likes

Ask him can yall switch weekends.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t send mine.

2 Likes

They won’t do shit about it unless y’all have personal lawyers

Seek legal advice to day in requards to the orders

Personally I would be inclined
Not to send your child

2 Likes

If you have anything from him saying his whole house is sick, I wouldn’t send her and if he tries to pull some shit, show the proof of him saying his whole house is sick and that you’re not going to endanger your child or the rest of your household. Offer him a different time. Swap weekends with him or whatever to make up for the time he’ll lose for her missing her visit due to health risks

Follow court order. We don’t know what your court order says. Or ask your lawyer. Also I mean would you have your daughter stay with him if you guys were sick?

1 Like

Unfortunately you have to send her or it’s contempt of court.

He sounds extremely selfish for wanting her over there even though he knows there’s a good chance of her getting sick……

It sucks, but there’s not much you can do. I would first try to switch weekends with him and see if he’ll be cordial about it. If he refuses, then there’s not much you can do. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Um I wouldn’t send my kid if the family is sick.

1 Like

You have to send her. He is a parent too

1 Like

I’d try to reason with him… and it’s summer time maybe he’d be willing to keep her during the week when they’re over their sickness in exchange for this weekend.

If you have a court order, and he doesn’t have covid, and refuses to negotiate you still have to send her. Otherwise your in contempt of court and that could mean you loose custody, visitations. Etc. Etc. Depending what your court order says.

If you want your court order changed stating if one household or the other is sick that the child stays with who ever at the time. You have to go to court and have it adjusted.

1 Like

If it’s a court order you can get in trouble for not sending her

Petition on the grounds of your pregnancy. Offer to switch

We run into this issue often. We always communicate with my bonus sons mom if our household is sick, she communicates if he’s sick etc.

We essentially just leave it up to what everyone is comfortable with :woman_shrugging:t2:

If you weren’t pregnant, I’d say just go ahead, but with you being pregnant, I would communicate your concerns and say that you’ll be more than happy to accommodate making up his parenting time!

I don’t believe a judge would charge you with contempt over ONE missed/rescheduled visit in my opinion/experience. But not all judges are the same :woman_shrugging:t2::hot_face:

2 Likes

Technically, yes you’re violating the court order.

But we don’t do exchanges like that lol if he gets sick and I have her, she stays so she doesn’t get sick and vice versa. If the whole house is sick, it would make him pretty crap for exposing her to them. I don’t do that and neither does my ex.

Dont send her !! U actually look like the good parent looking out for ur daughter and everyone else in ur household…ur daughters father shouldnt even want her there if they are all sick

Why ask people use your own common sense,keep the kid away until everybody is better.Tell the dad that .He cant force you you are protecting your child.

3 Likes

If you hv lawyer ask them, I wouldn’t send them, try to talk with him and switch weekends.

If you were sick would you stop parenting just because? Parenting is whether sick or not. Not to mention there are things such as masks, hand washing, and sanitizer that can help. Kids can get sick from walking outside, going to school, or even going to the doctors for a checkup honestly. You can’t hide from the germs. Also if by chance she did get sick, it isn’t a lifelong thing and there is medicine even pregnant mamas can take if she shares with you. Just like if she is sick you can still send her to daddy and he can also have his share of caring for her as well.

3 Likes

Technically yes you have to send her but I wouldn’t. I tell him no. Yes he can take you for contempt but contempt only matters if the judge doesn’t feel like you have a good reason. Also they rarely ever even do anything with contempts anyways unless it becomes a regular thing. Let him waste the money for court if he decides to be petty about it.

2 Likes

Hopefully I came out successful thanks to a good friend a good manager.i never thought I could make money online but it’s clearly not, it’s real contact the boss lady

Im so glad my ex and I think of our child first when others are sick. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Call your lawyer and ask them.

You can not go against court order without riOK. Refusing to comply with a court ordered visitation could cost you custody.

Actually, people are more contagious for most common illnesses before any symptoms appear and stop being contagious after a week or so.

So she is probably ok.

It’s a bit misleading to only say you have a court order but not what kind, is it court ordered FOR visitation? In that case, yes, you have to send her if a compromise can’t be made. If it’s court ordered that the visits be at your own discretion then no, you do not have to, but documented proof on WHY you didn’t would be a great help in case he tries to argue it.
While I understand that “parenting doesn’t stop when you get sick” that’s also a huge advantage of having both parents is that you don’t HAVE TO make everyone suffer while you’re sick with trying to take care of your child. Not only is that not giving your body time to recover, it increases the chance you get your kid sick too and I highly doubt that’s how they (or you) want to spend their summer. There seems to be no reason you guys can’t work through this and maybe switch the days around so he doesn’t feel like he’s missing out but also so no one else has to get sick over it

1 Like

Um. Yes you can. Hes her father. Let him take care of her. Gives you time to feel better too.

2 Likes

I mean that fact he’s sick and still wants to see her says how much he loves her. You don’t stop being a parent or parenting because your sick. She can get sick from literally anywhere lol but if you don’t want to send her, I’d contact a lawyer or even the courthouse and see what you can or have to do.

2 Likes

Why don’t you wait and see how everyone is feeling come the actual weekend?
For most viruses once the fever breaks the person is no longer contagious.
It’s entirely possible they will be past that point come the actual weekend.
You may be getting ahead of yourself trying to withhold visitation at this particular point.

If they’re still sick come the weekend, then discuss it. However, instead of making it about yourself try making it about your shared child and things she will have to miss if she becomes ill.

If they just have a cold, then no, there isn’t much you can do. Unfortunately colds do exist…but they’re usually not treated like other illnesses because sometimes take 2 weeks to fully clear.

Everytime you step out of the house you risk getting sick. Everything you touch at the grocery store someone else has touched. Regardless of concerns you have to stick to the court order. You can try to see if dad will switch weekends until everyone at his house is better but if not you have to send her because it’s his weekend.

1 Like

I understand you don’t want her to get sick, but how many times has your household been sick and you still send her over there for them to catch what she has and then they get sick? It works both ways. How many times has she gotten sick at school and came home gave it to y’all? Germs are everywhere. If there’s a court order in place for visitation you can definitely get in trouble for not sending her on his time. Plus it’s only Tuesday, you don’t know how they feel come this weekend. I understand you don’t want her to get y’all sick but you can get sick anywhere. :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Technically you could get introuble but I mean they are sick I wouldn’t want her to go either, and I don’t understand why her dad would want her to come anyway knowing he is sick that is not very good parenting. Maybe talk to your lawyer.

Legally you have to put your house at risk by sending her. BUT if your household was all sick he could decline his visit to protect HIS FAMILY. It’s messed up. I would insist on negative COVID tests though. I think if it’s covid you can deny the visit.

Do you have a dr order saying stay home and rest

My thought why would he want her to get sick why wouldn’t he just trade another weekend

Tell him she’s sick!

If you’re a newbie in crypto, reach out to Mrs Elizabeth Selezneve (Certified Expert) on Facebook
now if you want to acquire knowledge on how you could be generating alternative income consistently from crypto… She’s the best you could imagine when it comes to analysing and diversifying of digital assets such as ₿ITCOIN.
:envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow:

Wow there’s some selfish ass people out there lol. Me & mine, never go any where when we are sick, even if it’s just a cold. That’s common sense & courtesy. That’s how shit gets spread because people don’t think of how their actions effect others. I’m very biased on this matter though as both of my children were premature so this is a huge pet peeve of mine. I find it highly disrespectful when people knowingly go out sick or go around others sick.