Do I tell my Brother in Law my sister has a boyfriend?

Tell. Your nieces/ nephew’s don’t deserve that

2 Likes

Coming from a child who we watched this with my dad. Be a better example and say something to the husband. To have the kids involved, it takes a toll on relationships and values. I wish we would have known better, a better role model. But you better show up with proof. Sister or not, right and wrong is important.

Talk to your sister first. Set boundaries.

1 Like

I would normally be telling you to mind your business but no you tell your brother-in-law it’s affecting the children it’s fair game now your sister does not need to be putting her children through that that’s a very toxic especially telling them to keep secrets from their dad

1 Like

If it’s hurting the kids I would tell

2 Likes

Your sister sounds like a pile of dog shit, to be honest.
Tell your brother in law and tell your sister to stop being such a loser. He deserves to know the truth.

The fact that you’re posting this instead of calling him to tell him shes cheating on him it’s just mind blowing🤦🏽‍♀️ if someone was cheating on you I’m pretty sure you would want to know hun

4 Likes

Tell him your sister is a disgrace

1 Like

Tell him no need for suffering

Sounds like a while bunch of not your business and not your drama. Sounds mean and I don’t mean it that way but why do you want to be involved with drama like that

1 Like

I would for two reasons;

1. The children are being hurt by the situation

2. Every time you or anyone else who knows interacts with him they are lying by omission. That is not your responsibility or her kids, to cover her wrongs.

Bye Felicia :wave:

5 Likes

I doubt he doesn’t know. Maybe he’s just over it and afraid to end it. But what I would do is be a safe place for the kids bc neither parent is caring about their children who are being affected by their stupid grown up choices. Anxiety and depression don’t just go away and she needs professional help. Just be their safe space! Encourage her to talk to the school counselor too.

1 Like

Tell him. Even if it’s only for the kids, tell him…

2 Likes

While you’re at it, tell the husband to get tested for STDs. If she’s cheating with a married man, who knows how many assignations both have had?

Tell him immediately. The kids mental health needs to be helped.

1 Like

Tell him he has every right to know what his wife is doing

It’s truly NOYB… if you want to get caught up in the drama knock yourself out… honestly he probably already knows and has decided just to live with it…again no one’s business.

1 Like

If it was you,Would you want to know? .tell him.

Christina Mac ummm woah

1 Like

Tell him. Hopefully he leaves her and takes the kids. What she is doing to them is is selfish and just sick. Protect your niece by doing what she shouldn’t have to.

1 Like

Tell him. I’d want to know. And if family knew and didn’t tell me, that would just make it worse. Just tell him.
Or give tell her to tell him or you will :woman_shrugging:

Talk to your sister first…she is the one should tell the truth not you…they both will hate you

Hell yeah tell him wtf

Me personally, I would be pulling my sister aside & telling her that if she doesn’t tell her husband what she’s still doing & how it is effecting her children that I would be left with no option but to tell her husband the truth & apologise to him for not saying something earlier, I no this would most likely cause problems which could result in a divorce but at least then hopefully the mother would step up & do what’s right & get her children the help they need instead of using them as pawns in her twisted game of narcissistic behaviour

3 Likes

Think of it this way, if he was cheating on your sister would you tell her? Most likely the answer is yes. Tell the man. He deserves to know.

2 Likes

The welfare of children is everybody’s business. The man may already know but he may not and his children are suffering.
Tell him

2 Likes

Give her an opportunity to come clean and tell her why! Especially for the sake of her own daughter. If she doesn’t in a week you will tell him to set the children free if nothing else!. He will need some support poor guy!.

2 Likes

You don’t know what happens behind closed doors. A person can seem great but you have no idea behind scenes.

I’m saying that children shouldn’t be in the middle of bs!

Tell them both bout each other

Tell her to end it because of the kids or your going to her husband yourself. It’s the kids she’s hurting. If she doesn’t love her husband then she should leave.

1 Like

If it were me, I’d tell him. Kids should never be forced to suffer because of the stupid things adults do - especially adults who are supposed to always have the best interest of the kids at top priority.

1 Like

Definitely… especially to take the pressure off of the daughter having to hold that secret in

I would talk to my sister. Tell her since her actions are affecting the whole family. She has a week to talk to her husband and make a decision. That you at that time will bring her sins to the surface. Then do it. No child should harbor this secret.

3 Likes

See needs to tell him

Definitely, tell him.

Would you want to be told if you were the husband?

Tell him those kids dont need to have this weighing on them

2 Likes

Mind your business cause she’s not going to leave the BF I’m sure the husband isn’t that stupid

1 Like

Tell him, but be prepared to lose your relationship with your sister.

1 Like

A child should never have to be put thru something like this… You need to be her voice because her mother is not. You need to tell the father and get that huge weight/ guilt off that baby girls shoulders

4 Likes

Since she has involved the children…give her a chance to tell him…but he needs to know…it needs to be out in the open…before it destroys that little girl.

I think I would have a talk with her and tell her that she needs to tell him

Tell for the sake of the 14 year old. It’s too much for her to keep the lie and it’s damaging her. Say something now to the husband before it completely destroys your niece. You need to tell him so that your niece can have the weight of a lie lifted off of her shoulders. Take the bullet for her.

If I was him I’d want to know like. I recently found out my now ex had been cheating for the past year. I wish someone had told me sooner. You should tell him. When it’s having that much of an impact on the kids as well she needs to be stopped like. She’s just been plain selfish. She clearly doesn’t care who she’s upsetting or hurting. So tell him.

1 Like

Absolutely! Your sister is a selfish person. If you’re too afraid to come out and say it, do it anonymously.

2 Likes

Mind your damn business, do t ever sell out your sister like that, but tell your niece she doesn’t have to keep those secrets. Encourage her NOT to, maybe let her know that her dad should know these secrets since his mental health is affected. Let their dysfunctional family figure things out without you inserting yourself and making it worse.

No tell her to stop or you will tell him give her the chance help the kids but stay out of it

Bust her and think of the children not the supposed adults involved.

First I would tell the BF’S wife …but that is me i am petty…then I would tell the sister to confess to her husband about her cheating otherwise you are going to tell him Because it’s not fair to the husband who obviously loves her alot to stay with her even thou she is cheating…the wife sounds selfish to me and to parade him around her kids is crazy

3 Likes

Tell him. Wouldnt you want to know?

Tell her how you feel. Give her a chance to come clean. If she doesn’t, tell him.

I think most people with integrity would address it with sis. Blow it out of the water with her . As well as, supports she has ( mom, dasiblings, etc) , I would let all the people who love her know to encourage y on her behalf. If you step directly into the marriage and your nieces dilemma it will back fire on you and hurt the kids in the process. It up to sis to gain some integrity and leave or straighten up. But you definitely need to address the burden she is placing on the your niece with her. Talk to your niece also.

3 Likes

She either tells him or you do simple as that

1 Like

Your sister is a selfish b****

6 Likes

Stay in your lane…mind your own business…

1 Like

Your sister needs professional help

2 Likes

Why do you think you must interfere in their lives? Usually these things come to surface sooner or later. Stay out of it.

Bringing the kids in it is just wrong, your sister needs a reality check. Hubby needs to be told, gather his proof and his kids and kick her to the curb. She’s sick, doing dirt and exposing it to your kids that’s so tragic, poor kids don’t know what a healthy home life, marriage, or relationship is supposed to look like

Tell your sister “you tell him or I will. This is abusive towards your kids and I’m not going to watch this anymore. I love you, but your kids come first.”

5 Likes

Tell your sister to make it right or you will. Kids should not be involved. Thats wrong on her part.

2 Likes

I would definitely tell. Especially if her children know & are depressed from keeping secrets. She’s selfish & you should do the right thing.

I would tell him. People who say mind your business clearly never been cheated on. If you know & dont say something, to me your just as bad.

2 Likes

Sister or not I’d tell, I might actually fight my sister if she did that, I don’t like cheaters idc who it is IMO

3 Likes

9/10 the husband knows already. In marriage a LOT of things happen behind the scenes that ONLY the husband and wife know about. He found out she cheated before so she’s already on his radar. Not only that, if she’s taking the kids around him, it’s DEFINITELY going to come. Even if they don’t mean to tell it, it will STILL come out. Hell for all you know, he might be getting a little on the side. :woman_shrugging:t4: IF you feel the need to say something, talk to your sister. Now if you do decide to tell him, you need to prepare yourself for all the drama coming your way. Unless you find a way to tell anonymously.

Such a hard call. What your sister is doing to her daughter is child abuse. As a parent we are supposed to protect our children both physically and mentally. I also feel as their Auntie you have an obligation to also protect this child. If telling her husband everything is what it takes , then you have to do what is right.

I would tell your niece. To tell her dad. And that it’s eating her alive. If she can’t handle no more. She should tell her dad. I know we’re she’s coming from.

The truth needs to come out either way. The children can tell or u can, u will get the blame anyway. If the children needs help now at 14 what will she be like at 18. Do the right thing and tell

As a young child, I had to lie to my dad about my moms affairs and behavior. That shit tears children apart and seriously screws with their mental health. The guilt that one carries, alone…is enough to cause irreparable damage.

Her entire family deserves better than what she’s giving them and no amount of supposed loyalty changes that. Someone needs to put these kids first and stop them from having to keep these secrets. If you want to give her the chance to come clean, fine. But one way or another, these lies need to be let go of. Someone needs to clue the man in.

Uhm… call Dr Phil at this point

Tell him!!! He has a right to know. While you’re at it, tell the bfs wife also!! Coming from someone that has been cheated on multiple times, it needs to be known!!! Your sister deserves all she gets for her behavior and especially for involving the children!!!

1 Like

Either she tells him or you do. She shouldn’t be putting all that on the children either. They should not have to be keeping the mothers secrets , she’s a child and that’s not fair. If she’s been so open then chances are he may know

He will find out if he doesn’t already know. I’m sure he knows but just can’t gather the proof… You can tell him but still the husband and children are going to need some kind of counseling and definitely ALOT of family support