Do mothers care about the sex of their baby?

Yes and no… I was just happy they was alive… I list 3 before i had my rainbow baby… And i was bleeding out… I was more happy we both are here today.

I was hoping for a baby boy and I got him! :heart: but I would have been happy either way!

Yes it’s normal and so is gender disappointment though a lot of people do not like to talk about it because they’re afraid of being singled out as a bad parent.

2 Likes

All depends on the person! My husband and I were split. I wanted a boy (which I got!) and he wanted a girl. Before we found out I really didn’t care either way as long as I had a healthy baby. And if you are unsure don’t find out the gender surprise yourself at birth!

My husband and I have never cared. We’ve both made guesses as to what we thought, but we were happy with either gender for both.

Healthy. If you asked my husband 4 or 5 years ago, he would have said boy straight up. But when we found out we were pregnant (first child for both of us) we both didn’t care what we were blessed with as long as it was healthy!! Now we have a wild, smart, healthy 21 month old boy!! And lemme tell you, he’s all boy lol this whole pandemic has taught me that I definitely could not have handled a little girl lol

I wanted a daughter. I got a son. I wouldn’t change him for anything but I’ll always be sad that I couldn’t give him a sister

I wanted a boy and then three years later a boy I got the exact opposite and they’re birthdays are o days apart (and three years)

I personally always wanted a boy first (thankfully my wish was granted haha) but after that I don’t really care if its another boy or if its a girl whenever I do end up having another baby. I feel like if a woman does have a preference its situational. I wanted a boy first because I have an older brother and really liked having an older brother to look up to. I don’t have any sisters I only have my 2 brothers and I am the middle child. There are some women who grew up with an older sister and looked up to her so they could want a girl first then. It really just depends on the woman

I wanted my first one to be a girl. When we did a gender reveal and found out it was a boy I cried for a month. Lol. But now that he’s here and healthy I couldn’t be happier. I’m currently pregnant with my 2nd and it didn’t matter to us what the gender was.

You can wish I got what I wanted both times haha but you should love whatever the sex or gender it may be :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

Um ya completely normal. I wanted my first to be a boy, and it was. I wanted my second to be a girl, well another boy. So with the third I was like, it has to be a girl plzzz lol, well it was another boy hahaha

I mean people hope for whichever one they want. Most of the time they are just happy they have them. Not sometimes there is a bit of disappointment if it’s the opposite gender. Either from mom or dad.

I hoped mine was a boy only because we have all girls in my family, I ended up having a girl but definitely didn’t get disappointed and now I want another girl lol. They’re just super fun to dress up in pretty clothes, like having a real-life doll.

I think everyone is different and its natural to feel like youd prefer one sex over the other or just want a healthy baby in general reguardless of the sex. I wanted a girl. I longed for a girl. I have one daughter and im one and done. If i were to have another id want another girl…i have 4 nephews im not cut out to be a mom of boys :joy::see_no_evil:

I wanted a boy my first! Was a little disappointed but it didn’t last long honestly, I just wanted girl or boy for them to be happy and healthy!!

I wanted a girl so bad. I was genuinely distraught about it during my early pregnancy. I got a girl. I’d obviously love my child regardless but I don’t want any boys. I want alllll girls.

I have had 4 babies. I would love my baby either way, but I had a certain gender I would have liked for the last 3. For the first pregnancy, I didn’t have a preference, in fact we didn’t find out the gender ahead of time. Next, I wanted a girl to balance things out. 13 years later, we had baby #3. I wanted another daughter. Had a girl. #4, my son wanted a brother, my Husband wanted another boy. I preferred another girl because I wanted to be able to reuse her adorable clothes (lol), but hoped for a boy for our son so that he could have a baby brother. #4 was a boy.

I think everyone’s circumstances are different so you’ll get different answers but most men want a son to continue their lineage.

Hell yeah I cared! I knew if I had girls that turned out with an ounce of my attitude, I was fucked​:grimacing: And I got not 1 but 2​:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: I never did get my boy​:sob::sob::sob: And I made my husband get snipped after our second cause it’s all girls in my family anyway and that would be my dumb luck too​:sweat_smile: Keep trying and just have a house full of bitchy ass attitude all day, everyday​:flushed: Idk if we’ll all make it to them turning 18 without killing each other! Everyday is a battle of 1 kind or another and they both got attitude and mouth for days​:dizzy_face: I don’t think there’s anything wrong with hoping for 1 or the other but once you get whatever you get, you have to just come to terms with it and move on​:woman_shrugging: With my 2nd it took me a few weeks to not be sad but I knew that was my last and so that meant I would never get my boy, so it wasn,'t so much sad that she was gonna be a girl, just sad that we’ll never have the boy we always wanted.

I wanted a boy and got two girls but wouldn’t change it for the world

Depends on the person. My ex wanted a girl, not a boy, and I was terrified of raising a girl cause I was such a tomboy growing up. When I got pregnant with my husband, I didn’t care either way… but he was ecstatic it was a boy. Now we’re done with one of each. My friend just had her second girl, she was hoping for a boy.

My husband wanted girls with me. He already had sons. I only wanted BOYS!
He cried big baby tears when our first was a boy. I was jumping with glee. Then when we got pregnant again, he wanted the same. Guess what a baby girl. He’s so happy! I on the other hand cried like a big baby, wanted another boy.
Now we’re expecting another girl & I don’t even want him looking at me.

1 Like

With my first I wanted a girl, because I wanted that relationship I had with my mom with a daughter. Found out I was having a boy and didn’t care. Second pregnancy I cried because tradition in our family was twin girls when you were having twins, so happy to find out 1 was a boy lol.

I really wanted a boy first and then I was hoping the second was going to be a boy too but nope she is a girl and I’m ok with it now. I work at a daycare and know how sassy girls can be lol

Wanted a girl & got a girl. I’m good now :slight_smile:

I had gender disappointment with my second. I have 1 son (oldest) and my second is a girl. I was SO UPSET when we found out she was a girl. It’s a real thing. But, let me tell you as soon as she was born - anything that I feared about having a daughter or even a second child flew out the window and I was SO IN LOVE with her.

I knew both genders before I was told but I was excited to have my daughter first cause she was such a good baby I wanted another and got my son & I cried when they said I was having a boy cause I was excited that my dad was going to have a grandson. Turns out my dad doesnt care and walked away from us so he misses out on the 2 greatest gifts I could have ever givin him. But I love my kids to death their both wild & out spoken and heard headed just like their parents & grandparents.

I will love any child I have no matter what. However, I dream of all girls.

I always wanted boys. Now I have 3. Somedays I wish I had daughters but I’m glad I got my troublemakers.

I had a boy first pregnant that’s what I wanted. I wanted a girl had a stillborn. Got pregnant again and still wanted a girl turned out to be a boy. I was ok with that. Got pregnant again had a miscarriage. Got pregnant a month later and had another boy. Yes I wanted a daughter. I love all my boys to death but I’ll never have that bond with a daughter as a father has with his son. I was denied to have more children which the dr allowed me to have one more. I keep wondering if I never got fixed if I would have a girl now.

My first baby was a boy and I really wanted a boy, with my second pregnancy (which I’m currently having) I desperately wanted another boy because I could never see my life with a female child. I didn’t want a girl in any way shape or form. Second baby is a girl. I was so upset I called out of work. I cried for two weeks. I’m processing it, but I’m still not happy at all. A lot of people think it’s messed up but oh well. I’m unhappy with it. I never wanted this to be my life but that’s what it’s going to be. 🤷 What more can I say? I’m not having any more babies because of this. If I wound up with another girl I would lose my mind.

2 Likes

I wanted all boys but first boy, second girl, third boy…
Love all my kids with all my heart and wouldn’t change any for the world but was slightly sad when i was told my second was a girl but soon as I saw her beautiful face I was besotted by her she’s my princess

After going thru miscarriage with our first we were happy with either as long as we got to meet them​:blush::heart:

First child i wanted a boy so they would be big brother. 3 kids later and their all boys. Im pregmant with number 4 and again a boy. Dont think I’ll ever get that girl

With my 1st I wanted a girl soooooo bad but i had a boy and loved him just the same…turns out god knew what he was doing because now his 2 lil sisters have a protective older brother❤

When i found out i was pregnant i instantly knew i was gonna have a girl. We found out i was having twins and then i was terrified i was gonna have two boys because at the time i just didn’t know how to raise a boy and they weren’t gonna have a father. When the gender ultrasound came around she said i was having a boy first and i held my breath just waiting for her to say it was two boys but thankfully i still got my girl. Now though my boy is such a little mommas boy and my girl isn’t nearly as cuddly as he is. She doesn’t like kisses or cuddles :joy: but i believe that either way it would’ve went as long as they were both healthy i would’ve been happy.

Every mother wants one or the other more , but as long as we have healthy babies , the gender is the least of our worries!:blush:

For some reason I knew I was having a boy,and I did…long before any test was possible.

my first I wanted a girl so so bad, and I got a girl. my second I wanted a boy so so bad, and I got a girl, and I cried, but I got over it and wouldn’t change her for anything.

I wanted a girl sooo bad thought it was a girl from the beginning then I was told it was a boy I was heartbroken BUT we found it it was actually a girl!! I was right all along, my fiancé wanted a boy but he is so excited to have a little girl💖 it’s normal to be disappointed if you don’t get the results you want

We wanted a boy and a girl, we wanted a boy first. When we found out our first was a girl we didn’t even care. When we found out our second was another girl, it was sad. My hubby wanted a boy to care on his last name because he’s the only boy. I was also disappointed. Gender disappointment is a real thing.

I wanted a boy first and it happened. I wanted a girl next and it happened. Didn’t care what the third was. Got another boy. Should have hoped for another girl because he’s a pain in the butt.

4 Likes

Of course we care now although we may want. Or prefer one sex over the other. That doesn’t stop the love we have for our children. Whatever God blesses us with will be just fine.

as long as healthy does it matter if girl or boy which ever all babies are a blessing

1 Like

The most important thing to me is having a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy. I see a lot of people putting a huge emphasis on what they WANT and truth be told, it doesnt matter. Parenthood is never about what we want, its selfless and its unconditional love.

IMO if you “only want another baby if it’s a boy” or “only want another baby if it’s a girl” then you probably shouldnt have another baby :woman_shrugging:

Are you in bad need of love spell to bring back your ex lover or reunite your marriage? contact Dr BAKABA for fast 48 hours solution. I had a problem with my husband a year and six months ago, which lead us apart. When he broke up with me, I was confuse and did not know what to do to get him back, I felt so empty inside. Until i came across Dr BAKABA on the internet on how He has helped so many people solve there various problem. I emailed Him and I told Him my problem and i did what he asked me to do for him to help me, to briefly make the long story short, Before I knew it, in less than 48 HOURS, my Husband gave me a call and he came back to me and told me he was sorry about what was going on between the both of us. Finally I am writing this testimony to offer my thanks and deep gratitude to you Dr BAKABA for keeping to your words and your promises in bringing him back to me in just 48 hours of your powerful spell casting, and for using your gifted and great powers to bring him back. If you need his help, you can email him at ( [email protected] ) or add Dr BAKABA on WhatsApp ( +2347063836098 ) or call him

I wanted a girl SO bad, and we had a boy, and as soon as I saw he was a boy I was so overjoyed.

I “wanted” all my kids to be girls. Unlike men who just want boys like them I had reasons. My aunt convinced me boys were harder to potty train. So I wanted my first to be a girl. Second just because I had a boy. I got my girl. I wanted my third to be a girl because my last 2 are a year apart, ex was very gender specific & I didn’t want to rebuy everything. My oldest & youngest are boys. It turned out how it’s supposed to be. BTW my daughter was the hardest to potty train.

I cried when I was told my first was a boy(obviously I got over it and love him to the moon and back now) and when I found out my second was a girl, I refused to believe it until she was born. I just knew they were going to hand me another boy and I’d be so mad…she’s definitely a girl🙂

I’ve had three.kids and with each pregnancy I wanted and got a boy…

I’ve wanted a girl each time! Currently pregnant with my third son! I live them all to the moon and back 5 times over. At this point I’ve come to terms I’m only allowed boys😂 it’s completely normal to not be happy and even have some resentment. Try seeking so professional help now and after baby gets here, if your feeling are really strong. Best of luck mommy💚
#BoyMomForLife​:smirk::ok_hand::sob::joy:

I wanted another girl with my second but at the end of the day my child was loved no matter the gender :slightly_smiling_face:
And I got a super sweet baby boy and now I can’t even imaging having two girls

I want all boys. No girls at all. I have two of them. So far so good lol

1 Like

I wanted a girl and convinced myself it was a boy so I wouldn’t be disappointed and it was a girl lol. My second was a boy and, of course, I love him just as much

I honestly was always hoping for a boy! I got my boy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I wanted a boy first so any girl i had after that would have a “Big Brother” to watch over them. I got a girl… I wasnt disappointed just was happy to see her moving around on the ultrasound and healthy as can be.

I wanted a girl, I got a girl but i would of been happy with either

I care, yes. It’s not bad I have two boys. But I’ve told myself I will not get pregnant again and I will adopt so I can have a girl without having 4 kids because I can’t handle it :woman_shrugging:t2: when I got pregnant with my first my grandmother cried and asked if I couldn’t do better than having a boy. Shit happens.

I wanted a boy first and had a girl and I was so happy ( my little best friend)… Then I wanted another girl so badly the second time and got upset when I found out he was a boy… But when he came along I was so happy he wasnt a girl and so glad he is a boy and wouldn’t change them for the world :blue_heart::purple_heart: xx

Yes. I wanted a girl, boy then girl and that’s exactly what I got.

I don’t mind either as they both have perks. Boys have so much love for their mum, girls to their dads… Boys are full of energy & loud… Girls are chatty but will play more quieter games.

I wanted my first to be a boy and ended up having a girl I’m just hoping when I go to have my second it’s a boy

I wanted g b g ended up with g g, couldnt be happier, and I think we r done at 2

I got a boy when we wanted a boy and we want a girl this time we haven’t gotten the genetic testing yet so that’s to be updated

My first I totally expected a boy, we left gender a surprise for birth. We were happily surprised by a baby girl. The next three were boys so when surprise baby #5 came along, I suspected another girl but didn’t want to get my hopes up. Mommy & Big Sis were pleased to find out we were getting another girl.

My husband wanted a girl.

My first was a girl that second girl then two boys then a gurl an two boys so mix up love my baby’s to death…

When I found out I was having a third boy I cried and was mad at my hubs for a week or so!Over it now!I have 4 nieces and Im happy with my fate now!I got grandbabys to look forward to now!:blush::joy:

I wanted a boy and had one wanted a girl got another boy. Now I’m on my last pregnancy with twins. One girl one boy. I cried. I really wanted that girl lol

I wanted my first to be a boy because I was scared if I had a girl she’ll be like me lmao :joy: when I was young and wild of course but now that I’m a mother it’s a whole different story and I ended up having a boy :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::partying_face:

I wanted a girl but got a boy. He has my heart and I was just happy to have a healthy baby.

I have 4 girls. I really wanted a boy the 3rd and 4th time. But am glad I have 2 sets of girls. With a 10 year gap between 2 and 3. And both sets are 18 months apart completely accidentally

I didn’t care persay but I did quietly wish for a girl myself. However I was happy it even happened. I’m on baby 3 and still no girl, which did upset me I really did not want 3 boys, but the cards have been dealt lol

I wanted a boy but had a girl with my first. REALLY wanted a boy for the second and had another girl. I cried and cried and cried :joy: now I wouldn’t change a thing

I was in love with the idea for either gender. Just knowing we were having a healthy baby was enough for us. We had a little girl for our first.

When we got pregnant with our second, we felt the same way as the first. It would be sweet to have another baby girl or to have a handsome son. We were blessed with a boy for our second.

My husband and I are definitely very grateful to have one of each but would have been happy with any outcome.

1 Like

My husband actually wanted and daughter and so did I lol. We got our girl. When I got pregnant with my second, we both wanted another girl and we did lol. He has fears about having a son though because his younger brother passed away from a disease that have a higher chance being in boys than girls so that’s why too.

1 Like

I did hope I’d have a boy first but only cause I grew up wanting 3 boys then a girl as my last child. I had a girl first whose 5 and now I’m hoping IF I have another, it’s a boy and then I’m done😂 I’m just happy, I had a relatively healthy pregnancy, delivery and baby.

1 Like

I wanted a girl SO bad. But my son is the most perfect thing that ever happened to me.

1 Like

I wanted my boy 1st. My husband wanted a girl 1st. I got my boy 1st. Now we have 3 boys and 1 girl

1 Like

I had three boys and if the doctor told me my last was a boy I probably would have cried my eyes out, on the other hand my sister in law had girls and wanted a boy, at her gender reveal you could hear the disappointment, but she still loves her daughter

1 Like

I think we all want what we want but are thankful for a healthy baby regardless

1 Like

only reason i cared to find out was so i could buy stuff. because i’m obsessed with her already. my boyfriend wanted a boy but when he opened the envelope he cried and said how happy he was that he was gonna have two babygirls.

1 Like

I miscarried my first girl at 18 weeks. So when I got pregnant with my son I was really hoping for a girl. So I was a little bummed when I found out I was having a boy. But when I first held him I couldn’t be happier. And now he’s my little protector. And now I have a little girl as well. And he’s the best big brother to her and I couldn’t be happier to have had him first.

1 Like

I wanted one more after tayla but it wasnt to be, I’m glad that I got the best girl in the world.

1 Like

My sister and her husband got mad when they found out they were having a girl. So mad that her husband put his fist through a wall. And they didn’t bother to tell anyone because they didn’t want people t ok know they were mad.

3 Likes

Not even pregnant yet and I want a girl. I have 4 nephews and 0 nieces so I want a girl!

1 Like

I really wanted a girl and a boy. I thought I would like for the boy to be older but when we found out we were expecting a girl it was the most wonderful experience ever. Now we are expecting a boy. :heartbeat::heart:

I always said if I had a girl, I wanted to return her. I of course picked girl names out but never needed them. I’m good with having 2 boys. Dad got fixed after the second, so 2 boys it is.

1 Like

I wanted a boy first and I got it and a girl second and it’s another boy haha I love it still tho

1 Like

Yes! I’m a boy mom. Never wanted a girl. Don’t have time for all that.

1 Like

I wanted a boy, and I got him :blue_heart: I do want the next to be a girl, but I would still love them no matter what

I got what I wanted each time. Knew what I was carrying all 3 times.

I have 6 daughters so I’m praying my next one is a boy. From the beginnings my husband has never cared about the gender he just wants me and the baby to be healthy when it’s all over.

1 Like

I wanted a girl and I had a girl. :woman_shrugging::heart: I definitely think it’s very common to hope for one more than the other, but when you find out it’s not the one you hoped for, I think most people process it and then love whatever gender it is all the same.

I always said I wanted a boy, but when I found out I was pregnant I didn’t care at all. Unfortunately I know a lot of women who had many pregnancy struggles and I was just so desperate to have a healthy baby… and the bonus was, I had a boy :joy::blue_heart:

Dunno if it is normal but i always wanted a boy first

I cried and so did my 3 year old girl when they told me I was having a second girl I mean I love her but it would of been nice to have a boy (got my tubes tied so no more babies)

I wanted to opposite of what I got each time. I wouldn’t change it for the world though.

For both my kids I wanted a boy

Annnnnnnnnd I had 2 boys