Do we let this go or tell?

Me and my husband help take care of my 11 year old sister in-law well tonight around bed time she was asked with household cleaning and stuff like that get the house ready for tomorrow well she wanted to get really mad and upset at everyone cause she didn't want to get off her phone so I ask her to give me her phone for the night. Well she does I'm setting here laying in bed and a notification pops up on her phone its Snapchat something shes not allowed to have at all so I start looking through it and I see all these messages where she is talking sexual with multiple older people like 15 17 yeah old guys while she is only 11 just turned 11. And then I go to another conversation with one of her best friend from school and she is sitting there telling her best friend she's going to beat my 3 year old because of something that happened days ago and wasn't even that big of a deal spilled water on her head phones by accident I want to go talk to her grandma cause she is legal guardian of her but my husband is sitting here telling me to let it go and it's not that big of a deal but to me it is for an 11 year to be saying the stuff she is and doing the things shes doing it is a big deal it has had me and my husband arguing for hours now. So my question is do I do what my husband says and just let it go or say something to her grandma
284 Likes

You should absolutely tell someone, her guardianā€¦counselor/therapist. Not necessarily punishment but dealt with before it gets worse, in my opinion. Unsafe for her, unhealthy(emotional-romantic) and is worrisome. kids are growing up faster it seems but isnā€™t as safe online as they presume. A better outlet for her frustration of the little one, her comment sounded worrisome as well.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Do we let this go or tell? - Mamas Uncut

Time to call the cops and show them those messages so they can arrest the guys

20 Likes

tell her grandma call the cops chatting up babies is disgusting, you need to get this child help before its too late

2 Likes

Someone needs to intervene. Your husband is being complacent. This little girl needs some serious guidance!

7 Likes

Say something. So she donā€™t get herself into something and her or those people lives get ruined cause she telling them she older the. What she is

2 Likes

Grandma needs to know. The 11yo is putting herself in danger talking to these older guys, if gram refuses to deal with the issue then a call should be placed to proper authorities.

4 Likes

100% tell. Grandma and police

1 Like

Please, do not let this slide. It is a red flag that she would even say those things, because (even if she didnā€™t plan on acting on it) she thought and stated it. She may need to speak to a professional of some kind, to help her deal with what she is feeling.

6 Likes

I would tell her Grandma and the cops. Why would a 17 year old talk to a 11 year old like that.

6 Likes

OMGā€¦yea cause next u have a angry pregnant 11 year old. Shes 11 years old and she has a attitude and things going on like that. Id be seek that child help immediately. No 11 year old should be thinking about that sort of stuff. Thats seriously.big trouble there and if its not knocked on the head now then u have or her caregiver has serious problems coming up. She could be raped and killed enough child statstic coming up there.

Definitely tell and try to figure out who the guys are and find out if they know she is 11. They definitely need to know how old she is and they need to know never to contact her again! Nothing can happen to the 15 year old but Iā€™m sure the 17 year old could get in trouble if he knew how old she was.

7 Likes

Say something donā€™t let that slide

You have to notify the legal guardian of the child. What happens is one of those older teenage boys sheā€™s talking to turns out to be a creepy old guy that that ends up kidnapping her?

3 Likes

This is absolutely a big deal. :flushed:

She is 11 , she is looking for attention and love in all the wrong places !
She needs love !
I also
Agree to report the boy .

2 Likes

Say something immediately

2 Likes

Tell everyone. Including school. This can easily be a very serious situation!

3 Likes

Definitely say something!

1 Like

Why would you ask her to start ā€œhousehold cleaning and stuff like thatā€ at bedtime?!? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Would u want to no of your 11 year old was doing that??

1 Like

You absolutely say something. You say something to HER & you say something to her main caregiver. You take that phone away & you take all of that garbage off of it & RESTRICT the ever living shit out of that phone. You model the behavior you wish to see in children & clearly this child has not been shown proper behavior & needs a little refresher course. Children need guidance & love, do it from a loving place but still GUIDE that child to where they need to be. No 11 year old needs to have tiktok or Snapchat. People have become way to lax about raising kids, nowadays. She may hate it & absolutely lose her mind over the new restrictions but youā€™ll be saving that girls future.

Bigger issue is why does your husband not see the problem? And 11 yo girl, talking sexually to teenagers and talking about beating up a baby? SAY SOMETHING. She obviously needs counseling.

9 Likes

Definitely talk to the grandma.

1 Like

How do you know these boys are that much older? And are you just mad because your 3 year old ruined something of hers and sheā€™s still upset about it?

What you could do is just block those boys sheā€™s been messaging and delete the messagesā€¦ if it happens again, then yeah, Iā€™d bring it up to whoever is responsible for herā€¦ but arguing about it is pointlessā€¦ especially if your husband read the messages and isnā€™t bothered by themā€¦ or maybe heā€™s just a lousy brother/manā€¦ :woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Nip her behavior in the bud now
Especially with social media as chatting to older guys about sexually explicit things
Is not on
Thatā€™s even if they are the age they say they are
This is how sexual predictors groom young girls
Even though she is only your sister in law
You still have a responsibility of keeping her safe
Screw what hubby says
Go with your womenā€™s intuition

1 Like

Sheā€™s 11 why is this even up for discussion???!! Tell the grandma. If thatā€™s your child would you like to know things like this? Ya need to take action asap about the talking to this 17 years old

4 Likes

Someone needs to do something. Before itā€™s too late. She has absolutely no business discussing sexual things with boys at her age especially when they are that much older. This could get bad fast if nothing is done.

6 Likes

Sounds to me like snapchat needs to be deleted and some serious child restrictions need to put on the phoneā€¦ if she canā€™t be trusted with it she needs a kids mode lock on itā€¦ and yes Iā€™d tell grandma. Thatā€™s some serious stuff for both her and the boys sheā€™s talking to. (She could have lied about her age or they could be creeps or both)

7 Likes

11 is way too young! You gotta tell.

The fact your husband isnā€™t as concerned as you are, is a concern also. anyone in their right mind should be EXTREMELY concerned about this situation and this needs to be handled immediately.

15 Likes

You should definitely say something about her messaging guys who are that much older than her. But it may cause problems because you went thru her phoneā€¦not sure how grandma is but I know grandparents who are legal guardians and allow the children to do whatever they want and actually get mad if another adult does anything like going thru a phone. Regardless she needs to know about the older guys!!

1 Like

Have a good serious talk w her about what happens to young girls on line. Maybe watch a informative doc on sex trafficking AND your husband sounds like he needs some education on the subject as well. And Yes talk to Grandma so she can be on the look out when shes w her. Kids these days are easliy influenced by these pedofilesā€¦i understand these ā€˜guysā€™ claim to be teens but could be old dirty men!!! Prayers for you all, hope she stays safe.

Nah thatā€™s not something you let goā€¦ Itā€™s sister though if heā€™s not concerned then so be it. Now about the child that will definitely be talked about

I would confront her about her saying she would hurt the baby. Thatā€™s not okay at all. I would alert grandparents of all of this. And I would take her phoneā€¦she is 11 for Godā€™s sake. A baby herselfā€¦

3 Likes

This is too much to just be ā€œlet goā€ and shoved under the rug. She is practically a pre-teen an very well knows (or should know) better - tell the Grandma before it gets worse and spirals out of control.

8 Likes

Do whatever ur gut tells you to do. The only way she will learn from her consequences is tell on her. She 11!! So this is a good age to start taking responsibility for her self.

1 Like

You are legally obligated to do something about it. I was that 11 year old girl talking to older men. Some men said they were teenagers and turned out to be in their 50s and such. If she meets up with them, she could die. You canā€™t just sit back and say nothing.

13 Likes

If you see something, you say something.

1 Like

Tell the legal guardian

2 Likes

You should definitely say something.

Your husband is not being very brightā€¦ do not let that go. Itā€™s absolutely ridiculous for her to be doing such things and especially her saying that about about 3 year old child! I wouldnā€™t take that lightly.

2 Likes

You absolutely should speak out. Sheā€™s too young to have a phone that has full function and doesnā€™t have child protection. And she may end up one of those girls that get abducted, raped, trafficked, or killed. And then youā€™ll think back of that one time you should of Speak up. Do it for her future self. And do it because you know itā€™s the right thing to do.

Better nip that it the butt now , or she will be pregnant and out of control by the time she is 12 !!!

Sheā€™s a literal child, she shouldnā€™t be having those conversations AT ALL.
Definitely tell her legal guardian.

3 Likes

Say something. Itā€™s a big deal, for her own safety. She could easily be groomed.

2 Likes

Say something before it gets worse. Trust me

2 Likes

Do the boys know sheā€™s only 11? If notā€¦ not really fair to them if they donā€™t actually know her. Iā€™m only stating that bc my daughter was caught on a chatting app and was talking to a 16 year old ( she also just turned 11) after I took her phone I went though the messages and this boy was under the assumption my daughter was 14 (as thatā€™s what she told him) no sexual messages were exchanged but none the less the boy had no idea how old my daughter actually was. Calling the cops may be a bit much but she definitely needs discipline and Iā€™d start with talking to grandma.

4 Likes

Girl! Give me her grandmaā€™s number and I will call her myself. :woman_facepalming:t3:

7 Likes

Oh Fuk no u make sure everyone is aware and the phone to be confiscated until an older age clearly she isnā€™t old enough or mature enough for the responsibility.

Omg tell grandma and as soon as possible

1 Like

Itā€™s a child protection issue sheā€™s underage!
You have a legal and moral obligation to tell her grandma or child protection services
Your husband is wrong and I find it very concerning he doesnā€™t want to act! What if she goes on to meet one of these guys???
She is a child you are the adults there to protect herā€¦ Do the right thing

5 Likes

Tell her! My youngest daughter started having sex at 11. Itā€™s been 1 guy after another

Say. Something. Immediately. Her innocence is obviously not being protected by anyone. I have a 10 y/o brother in law & I treat him as if heā€™s my own. Especially because my mother in law sets no boundaries for him. If Iā€™m the only person in the world that will protect his mind, body, soul & spirit then so be it. I will be that person for him, every time.
Also, if I found out he had said something like that about my 2 y/o, he wouldnā€™t be allowed around her.

1 Like

Ask your husband how heā€™d feel if his little sister was to eventually end up sneaking off to meet one of these guys and the worst case situation happened to her?

5 Likes

Stop this now could only get worse

3 Likes

It is a big deal. Absolutely tell.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s a CHILD that needs guidance & love. Thatā€™s just a messy situation to be in & could have been avoided all together by not allowing her to have Snapchat/a phone to begin withā€¦ These issues will only get bigger & bigger the older she gets having early access to the internet/social media. I would definitely be bringing that up to her guardian.

4 Likes

Sheā€™s showing signs of aggression and being over sexual for her age , these are red flags and ur head is in the right place !

3 Likes

Tell. Itā€™s BIG creepy your husband said not to.

Why does an 11 year old have a cell phone??

2 Likes

speak up, her grandma doesnā€™t whatā€™s going o

Lol if uts not that bug of a deal to him that his 12 year old might be having sex then no wonder she is in careā€¦ go to the police so they can at least have a talk to her.

Say something n show proof case that poor young girl could meet one these men one day n get hurt

1 Like

Say something, it may make you unpopular but you may save her from a worse fate

1 Like

Omg I canā€™t believe heā€™s saying let it go. If this was my 11 year old. He would be going mad more than I would. Disgusting

1 Like

Say something ! Itā€™s also a huge red flag that your husband thinks itā€™s not.

1 Like

Since itā€™s his side of the family you should respect his opinion. Decide together on a boundary if that line gets crossed ā€œagainā€ the HE needs to fill the grandmother in on what she is doing,
Can the two of you have a talk with her? Her reaction may convince your husband to speak up.

5 Likes

Tell her! Ask him how he would feel if she ended up getting picked up by a grown man while her grandmother is sleeping never to return! Something should be done!

2 Likes

Do u want custody of her? I mean by the sounds of it u donā€™t. But calling cops or telling the guardian isnā€™t going to do much unless u go to court and say sheā€™s not being properly watched for.

U said sheā€™s not suppose to have the app yet someone isnt monitoring it. Sheā€™s threatening to beat a 3 yr old.

If you arenā€™t willing to fight for custody and get her proper care and therapy u need to pack your bags and go. That husband doesnā€™t care

Ummm can we also not forget the mention of abuse towards YOUR baby?!? Hello??? No way!! Say something and NEVER leave her alone with your kids

2 Likes

If you arenā€™t allowed to parent her just send her home to the guardian! The child needs a whooping and her phone taking away indefinitely!

2 Likes

I think you both need to sit her down and talk to her and decide if you need to tell Grandma. Also take pictures of the conversations, that way youā€™ll still know the players names after she deletes them

1 Like

To me this is a huge deal what if she met one of these boys and they actually turn out to be grown me. Iā€™d tell your husband straight either you tell her grandma or I will do it for you. As for a question I saw about an 11year old having a phone thatā€™s when my son had one as he started walking home from school. He was banned from social media and even asked me to have WhatsApp and I wasnā€™t sure for a while but Iā€™ve drummed it into his head if anything is said that heā€™s not comfortable with he tells me right away. I am lucky tho he doesnā€™t use his phone much however my niece was threatened over social media so Iā€™d take everything seriously with her for her safety.

1 Like

Say something! An 11 year old should not be talking to 15-17 year olds, neither is should and 11 year old be saying those things regardless if itā€™s his side of the family this girl is screaming for help either counseling or something

3 Likes

Hmm where do you live?

Go with your gut. Your husband will get over it. Better you speak up now than for something terrible to happen and you have to live with the guilt of knowing you couldā€™ve done something to have prevented it.

7 Likes

speak up on the issue, and insist on getting the girl counseling. for a girl that young to be seeking sexual attention from older men is a gigantic red flag, so be careful in case there is s3xual Ć¢buse involved.

1 Like

Your looking out for her safety in long run
Iā€™d say something
But then step out of it from that point. Unless your truly needed.
Online theirs many predators sheā€™s just (11) a little girl those supposed 16-17 year olds could be Olderā€¦ not hard to lie age on internetā€¦ theirs alot of sick f*ckers in the worldā€¦

One of you guys should hook Grama up with a app where she can track her activity on apps an block those that arenā€™t allowed!

1 Like

Go to settings a put a parental code on her phone

1 Like

You tell now. I have daughters, he doesnā€™t understand because heā€™s thinking like a man. Itā€™s certainly not ok for a just turned 11 year old.

3 Likes

Iā€™d tell the grandmaā€¦
Cause if something happens ā€¦oh myā€¦
Especially talking bout beating your 3 year oldā€¦An the sex talk with 15/17 year oldsā€¦
Iā€™d tell myselfā€¦

Say something. She is clearly becoming out off control

7 Likes

Talk to grandma. Your sil needs help. Sounds like she needs to make herself look cool to her friends. Talking about sex & expressing power over someone younger makes her feel cool. But sheā€™s going to get taken advantage of & hurt. Please get her help.

If that was your daughter would your husband want someone to tell you guys? Iā€™d hope so. Speak up. Screen shot the conversations so she canā€™t delete and deny later.

3 Likes

Unpopular opinion: The husband sounds like he has either already abused her or has been grooming her if he doesnā€™t find that to be a problem. I said what I said. Tell her legal guardian! If she hasnā€™t already been abused, sheā€™s being groomed by someone. At 11, normal kids do not even think about anything sexual. Youā€™ve seen something, now say something!

7 Likes

Iā€™d definitely speak out when it came to one of mine but it wouldnt just be the grandmaā€¦her little ass would be hearing what I had to say about it tooā€¦unacceptable!

I would discuss this with her, and then Iā€™d give her these options: 1. I will go with you to speak with grandmother or I will tell her myself with you there. 2. You will tell me those boys names and you will tell them your age if you lied about it and delete snap. 3. You are not allowed around my small child ever for saying you wanted to hurt him/her. Also Iā€™d let her know you love her and care about her and you want to have open communication with her and let her know youā€™re there to help and protect her and be in her side but explain consequences of certain situations etc. I wouldnā€™t attack her over this because sheā€™ll resent, shut down and go against everyone out of anger. But I would make sure regardless legal guardian is aware

21 Likes

That is ur child to so protect child and get sil help

2 Likes

Say something to her grandma. Things have changed from the time she has raised kids and she might have no idea how new phones and their apps work so your niece could have easily lied about having Snapchat and also itā€™s something you may also need to talk to her about with the grandmas permission, of course.

Also say something because if sheā€™s talking to 15-17 year olds whatā€™s stopping her from then talking to 18+ olds.

9 Likes

Do not let that go !! That is a very big deal and the phone needs to go now !! Gone bye bye

5 Likes

Helping is good.Share chores.Too much time for phones for 11 yr old is not good for her.

1 Like

Dear abby guestion but Iā€™ll tellu I my self would look into it she is to Young

Somethings seems offā€¦ why was she seeking out men. How does she know all about this? Is she going through something? Something else happening to her? Just off to meā€¦

3 Likes

Why wouldnā€™t you talk to the child ? Then the guardian?
They need to know this is NOT okay !!
Maybe better monitoring tools, or no phone :thinking:

5 Likes

Say something right is right

Definitely say something
Start by talking to your SIL. Never know these days. No one is to be trusted.

2 Likes

Say something, your location is given to all those sheā€™s messaging. My mind goes to trafficking. Save the child. Tell

1 Like

Say something! Unless u want to be an aunt to a 12yr olds daughter

2 Likes