Do you buy your kids gifts for the last day of school?

I’ve never heard of this.

Yes, but just because it’s always such a happy day and it gets them in a mood to celebrate summer

1 Like

Um no! I have 4 kids and they are all active in everything. I’m room mom and team mom. The snack getter the party planner I do it all. But no I don’t get them gifts for finishing school. I am the gift all year long!! Teachers yes because they put up with me and my kiddos. Once 2 of them hit high school I only started gifting the coaches. Both are in early college classes and I feel it’s a little inappropriate to give gifts to teachers now. But for elementary yes. If they have awards and are getting an awards then flowers for girls is always a cute gesture. But other than that no.

My sister and I usually take my boys to a pizza/indoor game place on the last day of school. We do some shopping after and they usually pick something out. Guess it depends on what you want to do.

My boys are in 3rd and 4th grade. I only got them something small when they had “graduations”. For their 1st school district I gave them a new summer toy when they both graduated preschool, then kindergarten. At the current school district they only got something when they graduated 2nd grade.

Where we currently live their elementary school is spilt in 2;
Lower elementary: preschool 3 to 2ng grade
Upper elementary: 3rd grade to 6th grade

We celebrated with dinner and fun at Dave & Buster’s

No. Congratulate them

Their gift is summer vacation! Unless they were in a setup/graduation ceremony or something

Nope. Never did except special milestones, last day of grade school, Jr high school & high school

Yes we usually buy them something or do something special!
It’s a great accomplishment, and they should be proud of all the work they did that year!

1 Like

No. Just being their mother is a gift all on its own :joy::joy: jk but no, just for graduation, finished college

I do not. Plus I’m sure it’s more of a gift to my kids teachers that he’s done. They deserve it more than him lol

Hell naw! I may buy some fun stuff for summer, but it’s not a gift…certainly not a last day of school gift. I’ve never heard of anyone doing that.

Nope, but my 11yr old had a rough year, but he came out on top in honor roll with b’s so when we get home I’m going to do something fun for him so he knows how proud I am of him for pushing and doing his best!

Nope. I take mine out to eat. I also give rewards and praises for good grades during the year.

1 Like

We get a celebratory “yay, it’s summer” ice cream on the last day of school!

2 Likes

Only if they got good grades/good behavior all year

1 Like

My son had a half day and I took him to McDonalds. Haha last year we did a scavenger hunt around the neighborhood and at each stop there was a little $1 toy or a snack.

1 Like

No I think that’s weird, but that’s just
Me

I bought my daughter a gift (nothing elaborate) as a “graduation present” for graduating Kindergarten. :sweat_smile:

This is an interesting subject.

On the one hand: I could fully see buying new summer supplies. A new beach towel. New swimsuit. Sunblock. Pool accessories.
You could make them a gift to celebrate the beginning of summer break/end of the school year.
But I don’t think that actual “gifts” for every grade is a common thing

5 Likes

My kids always have a half day on the last day so I pick them up and we have ice cream for lunch!

1 Like

I only did this year because he made amazing progress! He is on the spectrum and has been in a room with non autistic peers. He went from having melt downs and having to pick him up several times in kindergarten to not having to be called once this year. He handled his emotions and sudden changes to his routine so I think that’s a pretty good reason why.

No! But they do get money for good report cards once they start middle school. When they were younger for good report cards, we went for Ice cream.

Why wouldn’t you celebrate or give your kids gifts for passing to the next grade? I thought everyone did this? It motivates them for the next year.

No but we buy their teacher something

2 Likes

Not after each grade, but for their 5th grade promotion ceremony to middle school, their 8th grade promotion ceremony to high school and then high school graduation, yes. The elementary school to middle school and middle school to high school isn’t like huge or elaborate. High school graduation was/will be.

No they don’t need gifts just because it’s the last day of school. Its one thing if they are graduating and moving on to middle or high school, but other then that no. They’ll start expecting gifts every last day of the school year and that’s a bad habit to get your kid used to expecting gifts.

No. I didn’t. Except senior year I remember something each day of week. Nothing huge.

Last grade of every school here we have
elementary ok to 4th
Middle5 and 6
Jr high7 and 8
And sr high 9 to 12

I usually take my son out to lunch every year

Not really “gifts”… but we take off to the mountains to unwind… this is our 5th year…

1 Like

And how is that a normal thing??? 8th grade graduation and Senior year is when I get my kids gifts

My daughter got a gold necklace with her name and air pods for her kindergarten graduation
My son(3yo) didn’t graduate but he has classes due to having an iep and he got a donut on his last day.
I also get the teacher a gift and have a special book for each kind that their teacher signs every year.

We usually do dinner or something to celebrate

No unless it was a milestone like graduation

Uhm no lol. Maybe go out to lunch

We did for my preschooler.

I got mine flowers and a congratulations card.

I get paid over $ 155 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 16981 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://IncoMeWorld275.pages.dev/

Nope, just go out for ice cream together on the last day of school to celebrate finishing another year!

I don’t think it is normal, but for some families, it can be a lovely tradition For us . we celebrate beginning and end of school year with ice cream in any form—sundae party at home, ice cream out, those novelty ice cream treats in the frozen section One year i brought popsicles to the high school(it was not air conditioned then—they loved it One year I brought friendlys Sundaes to the football weight room whatever works for your situation

1 Like

Heck no, never did. Normal for who?

1 Like

I never heard of buying gifts at the last day of school.

I mean I’m just done with pre-k but my parents always booked a vacation for after school ends and I’ve done the same this year, I most likely will continue with this.

I don’t do big extravagant gifts but on the last school day I buy them a new outside toy (to promote spending time outdoors and less time on their devices!) and take them for happy meals. One day they won’t want happy meals with mom anymore and I cap off the outside toy/games at $20. Small price to pay to make lifelong memories. Plus everyone likes to be recognized for completing something that takes times and energy.

1 Like

Last day of high school, flowers at ceremony.

l get paid over $187 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18697 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingincome607.pages.dev/

Kindergarten graduation we did a cake and flowers. Family bought balloons, cards jewelry and money.

I do a small gift for graduations so like prek headstart kindergarten then when they graduate middle school and high school

We do a last day of school dinner. They get to pick where we eat out that night.

Yea, and we have ourselves a little celebration for a school year well done.

1 Like

I do​:woman_shrugging::joy: we do breakfast out, lunch,movie and I surprise them with summer toys,fun activities etc. But this Momma goes out for ever little thing so​:joy::joy:

1 Like

We like to go somewhere special and eat

It depends honestly. If my kiddos had an exceptionally challenging year (whether it be academically, emotionally, etc) but they showed major progress, growth, hard work, then I may choose to reward them/acknowledge what they faced and overcame that school year. I also do an end of year gift for a major transition year (like elementary to middle or middle to HS). A lot of years I don’t though. This particular year I will be doing a “back to school gift”. In one single school year, my little ones not only dealt with Covid restrictions, but we also lost our home and about 90% of everything they owned and cherished to Hurricane Ida. They dealt with relocating to a different temporary home, commuting every day over an hour away to attend school in person once their school reopened 6 weeks later. They were up with 430am every school morning, home to our temporary location aftr 6pm every night. They never missed a homework assignment or project and all worked very hard to succeed and be promoted to the next grade. Now that we have made enough progress in our home to move back, they are still living in a home that is somewhat under construction and are taking it all in stride. So I feel that this particular year, they deserve some kudos, recognition, and a little spoiling

1 Like

No but we go out for ice cream.

Yes & a little celebration!
We always go all out !

Never heard of it before. It’s not that serious :joy:

1 Like

l get paid over $187 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18697 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingincome623.pages.dev/

I normally buy crafts and outside stuff like bubble chalk

Maybe normal for your neighbor :rofl: never heard of this with the exception of graduation until today lol

Some people give their kids money depending how many A’s and B’s they get

It may be normal for them. But not everybody can afford doing that.

We did for 8th grade. He loves baseball so he got new catchers gear and got to go to a catching camp with MLB players on an MLB field. He was over the moon

It’s normal to do something when they move on to a different school I think. Like from elementary to middle school, middle school to high school, then high school graduation

I gave my daughter flowers and gifts for her 5th grade graduation into middle school. I will do gifts and special things for graduation years. K, 5th, 8th, and 12th

We did for kindergarten, high school and college graduations.

Eh. We have but it’s either a graduation present or like hey you made A honor roll all year long you can get something small (usually like a $20-30 limit)

1 Like

I used to buy gifts for the teacher but never for my children

2 Likes

I get mine a summer activity like a work book for the new grade or something similar then a fun activity to do

I always buy the teachers as they leave each year group

No, i have tho thrown an end of year party to kick off summer. Like a picnic at the park, cousions over, water fight exct…
Just keep in mind everybody does something different so its ok to do what you want or dont want to do.:wink:

We just do a little summer kick off party, we get them cookies, cupcakes, pizza and ice cream. We don’t usually eat like that so its a special night.
I get some summer decorations from dollar tree and put them up. The kids love it.

Only for graduation.

My cousin and I throw the kids end of school party

Our gift growing up was knowing we didn’t have school the next day🤣

2 Likes

No. Why would you buy a gift just because school is over? The gift is summer break. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Kids get awards, gifts, and graduation pastries for everything these days. Get gifts for the teachers.

1 Like

Another gift for these over-indulged children, they get a celebration or gift for everything, and then parents wonder why they don’t appreciate things😏

1 Like

I’ve heard of getting something for the teacher at the end of the year but not the kids

OH YASSSSSS!! when my daughter graduated kindergarten i bought her favorite animal which is sloths then she just graduated 1st grade so brought her balloons & a sloth stuffed animal & gor her 1st concert i brought her balloons & a sloth stuffie!! these are HUGE moments that your kid or kids will remember i always make sure to go above & beyond!! its the little things she will remember which are the stuffies​:grin::grin:

I got them a balloon that said congratulations

Haha nope but sometimes we go get ice cream :icecream:

They get flowers on the last day 

No. I saw a mom bring a huge graduation balloon display to her 2nd grader moving onto 3rd grade. It was a bit extra but I guess that’s what some parents are doing these days but gifts no,not unless it’s graduation.

Only for awards ceremonies

Nope. Maybe ice cream if it’s a nice day.

Always got the kids something for grading

Nope. I buy their teachers gifts.

No I bought my girls flowers when they graduated highschool but thats it

1 Like

I bought my son a couple of things to say I’m proud of him for graduating kindergarten because he’s had a rough year with his ADHD and has progressed so much.

3 Likes

I take her out for ice cream. First and last day.

2 Likes

Their gift is summer break :woman_shrugging:. The teachers get gifts.

2 Likes

Just a special luncheon to their fav place.

Nope their prize is they don’t ha e to get up att 630am for 3 months lol yeah I’m that type of mom…

4 Likes

Never heard of such. Our “gift” was no school for 3 months lol

2 Likes

I’m surprised people think there’s any such thing as normal anymore. No, my kids get to not go to school for 3 months. That’s their gift.

2 Likes

I buy my kids things as needed so no they don’t get anything special for completing their school year other than a summer vacation to the beach with their family.

1 Like

No. Only something celebrating preschool, 5th grade and 12th grade graduation and that’s it.

Not really gifts so to speak. I get some summer toys to play with during the summer to keep them from being bored