Do you feel like you missed out only being with one man?

Is any mama out here been with only one man? I’ve been with mine since I was 16 got married at 20. I am now 36 and feel like I missed out in away. Why do I feel like this?

45 Likes

If he’s good to you then no , there’s nothing but heartbreak out here mostly

11 Likes

My mum and dad have only been with each other they been married for 33 years now I think it’s so rare and special trust me the grass isn’t always greener :kissing_heart: treasure what you have :heart:

25 Likes

Because you’re not really in love :woman_shrugging:t2:

18 Likes

You havent missed out on anything if hes good to you

2 Likes

Let me tell you, i am the opposite of your position and you most certainly did not miss out. I wish i wouldve only been with my husband.

10 Likes

I was 15 married at 21…felt same way left at 38 felt so guilty but wasnt in love just habbit

1 Like

Maybe because you are losing feelings for him? Maybe because you dont truly love him?
If you really loved him, he would be enough. You wouldnt even think about or care about others.

4 Likes

Ive been with my husband since i was 17. We have been together for 33 yrs. I wouldnt change anything.

6 Likes

You didn’t miss anything.

Nope. I’ve been with mine since I was 13 and I’m 33 now. We have 4 kids together. Wouldnt trade him for nothing in the world :heart:

3 Likes

I’ve only ever been with my husband, met when I was 15 now I’m 25. I don’t feel like I’ve missed out on anything. Him and I have grown up together and I can’t even imagine having that level of comfort and understanding with anyone else. He is the only person you knows me in every way possible. I think it’s special and rare :heart:

12 Likes

If hes good to you, I’m jealous of you. Lol

90% of men are assholes or atleast mostly assholes with some nice/attractive mixed in in my opinion. Lol you ain’t missing something amazing.

Maybe you are hitting somewhat of a mini mid-life crisis? We all wonder if we want all whole new change at some point. Things can get very bland and repetitive. Try and spice things up and add other changes to your life! :blush:

My friends tell me its good cos I cant compare so i believe them.

1 Like

Yea totally missing out on multiple heartbreaks and betrayals :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: i wish i could’ve found my husband sooner and shared all the firsts with him.

19 Likes

Nope been there done that nobody makes me feel the way my husband does

3 Likes

Sounds like something is missing…maybe you two need to light the spark again? Trust me you didn’t miss a thing girl!

9 Likes

i feel complete opposite. i wish i found my husband sooner to love him longer.

8 Likes

Missed out on what? Fuck boys that don’t know what they want or treat their girls like shot. Consider yourself lucky bc if he is good too you, then ur one of the lucky ones

Sometimes I do, but honestly everyone’s relationship around us are falling apart. After watching even family go through what they go through, I’m happy my life is stable. I’ll have more freedom to live my life with my hubby when our babies are grown. I was 16 when we got together.

4 Likes

The only reason you feel like you’ve missed out is because you havent gotten the chance to meet other people. Its normal to feel like that but its a blessing that you have only been with one man. Take from me… I have looked for love everywhere and find myself broken down and hurt in the end. Wish i would have found my 1 and only at 16!

8 Likes

Love comes and goes. It takes hard work and daily choices to stick with your partner. Don’t feel guilty for your thoughts… Just choose to keep at it. Make time to be just the two of you and ban talking about the kids during that time. Plan dates and write a list of why you married him. It’s work and a choice. Every day.

4 Likes

I have been with SEVERAL! You haven’t missed a Damn thing!

No?..I dont feel like i need to ride 20 different dicks before get married to feel whole😂 *News flash btw…you aint in love with the poor man if this is how you feel.

2 Likes

My husband and I have only been with each other and have been together since we were 16, now are both 26, been married 5 years and have 2 kids. I have NEVER felt like I was missing out on anything even when girlfriends and coworkers tried to tell me otherwise lol. I wouldn’t change it for the world, he is the love of my life :heart:

3 Likes

I’ll be 35 this month. My husband and I have been together since we were 16. The grass is greener where you tend it. I’m not sure what you think you missed out on?

I have been with my one and only since 1972. Some days I do wonder what if, but I don’t think I would trade him for anyone else.

2 Likes

no. lol. you’re fine. i think you need to dig deep and address why you feel that way particularly. i don’t think youre missing much tbh.

4 Likes

I know quite a few couples that have been together since teenagers that are still together and happy. Wish I had stayed with my first love im sure we would have had a wondrrful life together

1 Like

Been with mine since I was 15 we got married last year we’re both 35 now and got 3 children

1 Like

Other men would have brought a temporary happiness and a temporary situation opening yourself to other men would have caused a hurt you didn’t have to go through, your a very lucky women. Love your man and hold him close, it’s rare to have something that special :two_hearts:

7 Likes

I’ve been with my husband since i was 18 my mom didn’t want me talking to him and kicked me out over it so i moved in with him we got married when i was 20 and i never dated anyone before him lol we are happy as can be and have a great relationship and 2 beautiful boys i wouldn’t change my decisions for anything.

1 Like

Love isn’t always butterflies, unicorns, bunnies and rainbows. Marriage is a journey filled with laughter and tears. Everyday we get to choose to be with our partner in life :kissing_heart: every single day is a choice​:heart:

6 Likes

Y’all are attacking this poor lady because she’s having natural curiosity. Bless. It’s natural to feel the way you do. Maybe it’s time to spice things up. Take a vacation. Get out of your comfort zone and try new things!
The only thing you’re missing on the outside is disappointment lol. Spice up the love life you have and you’ll be fulfilled :purple_heart:

42 Likes

I have only been with 1 man my husband has been with others (long before we met) I don’t feel like I missed out but that’s just me personally

1 Like

Nope only ever been with one man my whole life we were teenage sweethearts and got married had a bunch a babies and still just as in love as in the beginning if not more of course there have been ups and downs highs and lows but worth every second wouldn’t change a thing I couldn’t imagine ever being with anyone else if he leaves this world before I do I’ll just be alone until it’s my time to join him :heart:

4 Likes

I was with the same man for more than 20 years and was fine with that until he left. If you are happy and in love them there is nothing to miss but you can change things up with him by the 2 of you trying new things. Be open and talk to him. But there is nothing wrong with being happy with one man for life.

1 Like

Met my hubby at 14, married at 18 and still together. Will be our 42 anniversary this summer

5 Likes

Nope. I have been with my husband since I was 17 married at 19 and now I’m 35 almost 36. My husband is the only person I have ever slept with and I’m totally okay with that. He is my absolute best friend and honestly the thought of being with another man makes me sick to my stomach… especially in this day and age. I thank God everyday for giving me my soulmate early in life. We have been best friends since we were 13/14 years old. I pray my daughters find their true loves early on in life too.

2 Likes

Lol… no… but I know a couple guys that really missed a great thing! :heart:

1 Like

Nope been with the same man for 30 years and if you feel that way maybe you should have thought about before getting married so young

3 Likes

No, I have known my husband since I was 7, we recently just got married, we were best friend before anything. I do not feel like I wasted my life or my time on one man because one man is all you need , well not really need, but want. I’m still independent, I still do things like going out, hanging out without him, going everywhere without him. He does the same. We are coexisting together and I see no more nor woman as I do my husband and the same goes for him with me. Being with one man isn’t a missing out.

3 Likes

Sis, NO. If your man ain’t trash- you didnt miss out on anything. :joy::joy::heart:

14 Likes

I understand what you mean. Not having the option of going through the “hoe” phase which is normal. Hoe phase actually means sexual peak lol but some do miss out on that when only with one partner. They feel they didnt get all they needed out of their system and to go through different sexual experiences. My husband felt that way at some point since he only had a few partners and we started talking when he was 19. It will pass .

3 Likes

I think it’s such a beautiful thing being with one man that love would not be found no where else. Relationships are alot harder these days especially new ones with social media etc… cherish and be thankful for what you have the grass isnt always greener.

4 Likes

I was with one other person before my husband and wish I had waited for him. We will be married 20 years this year, together 21, and he is the one and only man I’ve wanted since we’ve gotten together and will be the only man I will ever want. I can’t picture my life without him.

3 Likes

After married 12 yrs.
YESSSSS!
HE CHEATED!

3 Likes

They’re all about the same… :joy:… If he’s nice to you and faithful keep him

9 Likes

If you’re happy after all these years then you definitely haven’t missed out finding a good guy is few and far between. So many women would love to be able to say they’ve only been with one person. I also understand your marriage might be at a stalemate do something that you’ve always wanted to do with your hubby. Change up your routine put the spice back in. What yall have is amazing especially in this day and age

2 Likes

Missed out on what? Sex? Love? Freedom? A man isn’t what fulfills your life. You fulfill it. You create your happiness. If you are feeling unfulfilled that’s not your husbands fault and he doesn’t deserve to be hurt. You are more than lucky but I get it. We always want the things we dont have. Try a new hobby. A trip. Some self improvement. Honestly you are unhappy just because you didn’t have more man. It’s okay to be curious and wonder. But you figure that shit out with your partner. This is why so many relationships fail and divorce rates are so high. People always want the next best thing. Dont ruin what you have for something that never missed you.

It a normal thought, don’t beat yourself up, it is primal, human and thoughts do not hurt anyone. I have been married for almost 38 years, never strayed, but have those thoughts entered my mind? Yes.I am sure in HIS mind as well, Lol.

I did but i realized i was just in a bad place. Now i don’t even care. I love this man and i don’t want any other for the rest of my life

3 Likes

why you feel this why,??? how would we know.??? I know people who been together over 45 plus yrs & married, And yes there have been good times & bad times, but they love each other & can’t think of being with anyone else. With that said, I don’t think you love the person you are with anymore… This is something you need to figure out

1 Like

Honestly I wish I’d of waited for my wife so I’m opposite. But I commend you for only being with one person. I always thought that’s the goal and most personal gift someone can give you.

3 Likes

Tbh I’m one of those been with multiple men( not sleeping with but relationship wise) and I feel like I missed out finding true happiness.

4 Likes

I would give anything if my husband was the only man I’d been with. Don’t feel like you’re missing out on anything. Looking back on my dating years I made a few mistakes that I would give anything to take back.

2 Likes

U aren’t missing anythiing. If u have something and someone good cherish that…random dick could never compare to that :raised_hands::joy:

6 Likes

LuisandBrittany Flores good question?

1 Like

You are not missing out on anything. We out here looking for husbands, you were blessed to find yours straight out the gates.

4 Likes

Wtf is this a real question :unamused: what woman wouldn’t want that one man for the rest of her life to share her life with / a best friend, you are lucky

1 Like

You haven’t missed out on much… all guys do is cum quick and leave you on read after :joy:

12 Likes

I don’t think she’s talking about relationships people, she’s talking about sex 🤦 I met my Fiance when I was 18, we’ve been together 6 years, have 3 kids. I love the man to death but sometimes feel like I’m wasting/wasted my 20’s and I’ve been with other people 🤷 You’re allowed be curious and have feelings there’s a whole big world out there

6 Likes

I’ve been with my husband since high school and it gets better and better every year. I feel like I have everything I could dream of in a man. Maybe there are aspects in your relationship that need to be addressed and if you feel you’re missing something from them than talk about it.

5 Likes

I don’t feel like I’ve missed out because honestly from what I hear there aren’t that many good men out there or the relationships with other woman in my life always fail . U might feel like this if someone close to u has started dating someone new? I’m not sure but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with thinking that or feeling that way as long as u don’t do anything with those feelings. Maybe remind yourself why your man is so great and remind yourself of the qualities he has that someone else doesn’t or the things he loves about U that another man wouldn’t

This movie jacked up my expectations. I wish I met the one when I was younger.

1 Like

Sounds like you really want to find out? Dont do it!

I’ve been with multiple men and it’s just heartache after heartache. Enjoy all those firsts with your husband.

3 Likes

If you were to have sex (not saying you are going to) with another man, you would be disappointed with the outcome. Being with your spouse so long, they learn your body. What you do and do not like. Strangers don’t know as much as your spouse. If you have a great sex life, and your man takes the time to make sure you are pleased, then you arent missing out on anything.

3 Likes

This is why there is a general order you want to follow in life. General! Not specific. BUT it seems when we miss put on something that was, shall I say, “skipped” o er it sometimes comes back to you later and sometimes that’s when mistakes are made unfortunately. I tell EVERRRRRRY young person to keep your 20’s for yourself. At least a majority of them. I do honestly feel that saving oneself for marriage and or marrying the first guy you date is a major mistake. I’ve seen it with many girls/women who want to start a family and play “house” way too soon!

You’re not missing out on anything but drama. Take your blessing and be thankful.

8 Likes

Im the opposite and always feel like my man is missing out since he has only been with me. He says it dosent bother him at all since we have a very healthy sex life but I always think about it.

1 Like

I’ve had relationships prior to my current fiance… And I’m happy I only have him now for the rest of my life… Would’ve been awesome if I’d met him first!

1 Like

I’ve been with my husband since I was 18. I’m honestly glad I waiter for him so I’m opposite. If your happy after all these years you haven’t missed out. Theres no such thing. Try spicing things up. Try new things. Every marriage goes through trials were we struggle. Been there. We all have.

1 Like

I knew my first and only true love 21 yrs ago to this day we been married for 18 of them and even though he was my very first of everything he will have my heart forever :heart:I am honored to continue being his wife and best friend.

2 Likes

Wen I feel like that my husband make me forget about it and reminds me why I’m with him lol :joy: yes we all get that feeling well I least I’m honest to say it but I will never cheat on him . Been with him 9 years …

Girl, you aren’t missing anything. I’ve been married twice. I’ve dated. Men in today’s world are awful! If it is sex wise. Honey, you’re not missing a thing. Lol.

10 Likes

Look. Y’all keep saying if he’s a good guy then keep him.
Are you in love with him? No. Then do what you need to do. Sure he might know everything you like but does he do it? Have you actually been adventurous and figured out more stuff you like with him? Will he let you? I understand curiosity I really do. Just think before you act.

Sounds like you want to cheat

2 Likes

I’ve been with my husband for 34yrs. We have 3 kids and 5 grands. I was 17yrs when we got together and wouldn’t want to be with anyone else. We’re best friends so it makes it easier. If I had to do it over again, I definitely wouldn’t change a thing.

Whatever you do just don’t cheat. That’s just low and unforgivable.

4 Likes

If you’re happy, you wouldn’t be wondering what you missed out on. Having a healthy and happy relationship is a blessing.

5 Likes

Girl, you have what most of us women are looking for. It isn’t always greener on the other side. If he was loyal, faithful and never brought you any STDs or babies home… Enjoy every minute of what you have.

5 Likes

Never feel that way. We met at 17 and got married at 18. We are still together at 36.

No way together since I was 15 now 42, each others first and i wouldn’t trade that for any amount of men. He’s my soulmate and my last love.

Hoe life isn’t the way in life, sleeping with others who don’t care for you what’s so ever just a added number will make you feel more worthless then feelings of “missed out on a lot” stds, unwashed dicks and 2 pump chumps are everywhere :face_vomiting: most these hoes want your man & your life if he treats you well fucks well and makes you happy your a lucky lady. I never had your feeling as I experienced it all before I met my husband but that was 14 years ago. Something else is going on for you to feel this way. If your husbands not treating you right that could be the reason. Women need emotional stimulation and if they don’t get it that’s when they start straying even if it’s not for sex but just attention or company of another male to make them feel good again. More dates more alone time find who you are again not just mum & wife. Be YOU. Do you and it will pass over :heart:

I wish it was only one. Healing from the other atrocities is where the damage is. If you find that one person right away who is everything you need and want. And treats you well. Then you hit the jackpot. Some of us have a lot of emotional and mental and even physical scars to get us to that right one.

4 Likes

You didnt miss out honey. Your blessed to have found your love on the first try. I can see why your curious though but trust me your lucky you didnt have to go through a million douche bags to gets your good guy. These men really ain’t shit out here your not missing out trust me

You feel like that because of societies “hoe is life” mentality. Well so HIV and herpes. LOL trust me, you haven’t missed out on anything.

I went through exactly the same thing. But what I founs was alot more surprising. My bf and i were together since 13. At 20 we married. He was the only one id ever been with and i didnt think sex was a big deal. BUT after we broke up, and I ended up with another guy, my whole life changed. It wasnt until after i left that I realised other men devour you before sex, other men dont expect you to be their slave and wait on you hand and foot, other men wanted me to do things i wanted and not just what my husband wanted. My entire life changed. And I shudder to think how dull and sad my life had of been, had i stayed. Chances are, if you are itchy for experience, you should probably explore that a little. Marriage gets repetitive and people stop putting effort in. I am all for marriage again now but I really think i needed the boost. Staying with my first husbabd was out of habit, not our of desire. My family were pissed at me. But i found my happy ever after in the end :heart_eyes:

You aint missing a thing!

1 Like

The only thing you are missing is drama, heartache, and possibly a sti. If you got a good one right from the start, you’re lucky.

It’s like when a kid is learning to do the dishes and they have to wash the same dish 3 or 4 times cause theres crusty food that they did6nt get the first time… but you got it all the first time. Dont think you are missing out because you don’t have crusty food on your plate. Lol.

13 Likes

I got to your point in my marriage and we broke up. Not that we didnt like eachother, but that we didnt crave eachother. We had just turned into friends. He was the only man id ever been with. BUT holy fucking hell was i missing out on so much! So much! And even now i can’t believe how much i didn’t know about life, men and relationships before getting married. I find later, my husband really wasnt putting in any effort, and when i found a man that did… WOW! WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING OUT ON ALL THESE YEARS!! On one hand i wouldnt have known what i was missing had i not left, but how sad is that… But yeah maybe temporary break up, see how you feel after?

You see other people doing things you have not done and you think life passed you bye but believe me it has I felt that way myself and done dumb shit think hard before you do anything think hard

No, every couple i know that made it over 30 years, only had one love…

Sometimes I did but I was also in a miserable relationship. Nearly 10 years and 2 kids later I finally had enough of his shit. And I’ve only been with one other man since. :woman_shrugging:t2: I don’t care. Some people want to “sow their wild oats” some of us aren’t partiers or interested in all that.

It’s normal to wonder what if. What if I had another child, what if I moved across the country, etc etc. everyone always wonders about things they haven’t experienced or if they had chosen a different path in life. It’s totally normal to feel like that, especially when you start getting older I think. I don’t know why so many people are attacking you over this. :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

You are truly blessed sweetie and maybe you and your hubby need a weekend of alone time together with no kids or interruptions to put a little spice back in the relationship and as far as missing out on anything you truly have not. If you found the one who treats you like you are the only person in a room that is full of people you are the blessed one and so is he. I didn’t find that until my 3rd husband and we have been married going on 28yrs. I just wish I could have met him first but then I wouldn’t have the 2 sons I have now - we didn’t get to have kids together but he raised mine as his own and did a great job at it as well. Very few people anymore get that beautiful moment in life to find their true mate so again know you are blessed to have what you do.

5 Likes

it’s a total understandable feeling but if ur happy brush those feelings aside

Maybe it’s a hormonal thing?:woman_shrugging: if you’re really happy with him be glad you didn’t have to go through a bunch of scum bags to finally be with “the one”.

Everyone on here are liars :woman_shrugging: People wont admit to wondering, but everyone does.

It’s like, what if I had waited to have children to finish college? Does it mean I dont live my children? Absolutely not. Do I regret them? No! But it’s totally natural to wonder what if.

6 Likes