Do you let your kids have jolly ranchers?

They have jolly rancher gummies. Compromise. Still jolly rancher but gummies.

You know your kids best. If they run around with it I wouldn’t.if they sit down and eat it i would a kid can choke on anything. Eventually will want to try it and get it from a friend I’d rather them eat it infront of me where I know there ok

Absolutely not! They are definitely a choking hazard. We don’t do jaw breakers either, or most hard round candies unless I crush them up with a hammer first while they’re in a ziplock.

3 Likes

They’re 8 and nine years not months

2 Likes

My 6 yr old eats them but only if shes sitting down next to me or her dad

I do not let my my 5 and 6 year old have Jolly Ranchers but I also do have an irrational fear of other people choking on things :woman_shrugging:t2::sweat_smile:

Never had an issue with jolly ranchers.

Everything is a choking hazard…I choke on my own spit lol!!!

9 Likes

Not only are they a choking hazard but they are Terrible for teeth. Jolly ranchers are a rare treat even for my almost 13 yr old

1 Like

Holy shit lady lighten up 8 and 9 are old enough

My kid is 8 and never has a hard piece of candy like that…I dont care what anyone says ,NOPE NOPE!

I watch my 3 year old like a hawk when he eats them

Omg your kids are going to prison at this rate :woman_facepalming: get a grip.

4 Likes

I think they make them lollipops lol

1 Like

I get them for My 5 year old. Only let her have one at a time an only 2 a day.

:woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4:

Yes. My kids have them.

No I don’t because my Grandson chocked on one and thank God for my neighbor he came and got him unchoked after that no I never let my kids have them until they got up probably 16 17 or old enough to buy them theirselves

1 Like

Why people are laughing at this question is what gets me. Every child is different and it also depends on age. I still ask my daughter all the time if my grandkids can have something. I worry way too much. But I also worry about them choking on pretty much everything.

1 Like

Well like everything there is a risk. You let them eat hamburgers, chicken nuggets, steak,eggs….yeah they can choke on it. However with loads of reinforcement that these are candies and are to be sucked on until they can easily crunch and when you can crunch it, it needs to be small enough to swallow easily. It’s not difficult to talk to kids about this stuff.

I have before. But im more worried about their teeth

1 Like

My son is 8 and only gets candy that’s attached to a stick. He’s choked before and freaked me the hell out and I don’t trust it.

1 Like

I have a dechocker in my house gives me great peace of mind

I made stained glass cookies, basically use a cookie cutter, and a smaller one same type ( for example star shape, big & lil) u put a jolly rancher in empty center of cookie. The kiddos in my pre K sunday school class loved them. Sugar rollout cookie recipe. It melts candy it so when u hold it up to light u can see through it. Makes it safer to let them enjoy the candy since it flattens it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know of an adult who smoked meth at 8 years old. Jolly ranchers are the least of my worries

7 Likes

True story: I choked on a jolly rancher at my 8th or 9th birthday. My mom kind of shoved me into our kitchen table and it unlodged. I’m 35 and I still really struggle to swallow pills, big bites of food, and I get weird about hard candy. I don’t wanna push my fears on you, but f those jolly ranchers. :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t buy them there are more candy’s out there besides does ones I don’t buy them

Well, I understand your concerns but yes I let my kids have them here and there. In general we don’t eat my candy.

Obviously you are being ridiculous. He is definitely right

1 Like

My sons 8 and can have them.

I think you’re being overly cautious. But, those hard candys, lollipops included, are terrible for teeth and can cause terrible cavities.

2 Likes

The ingredients are another hazard…

1 Like

I don’t give them to my kids either. Mine are wild and would definitely choke.

When he was younger, no.

Chances of an 8 year old choking on anything at that age are very low. Seems like an irrational fear to me. Learn the himelick and let go of your fear. Sure any candy should be limited as is not a health food by any means but I don’t see why they can’t enjoy it for an occasional treat.

1 Like

I bet you still cut up their hot dogs too. Yes being a bit overprotective. They can chew jolly rogers too

1 Like

Uhhhh 8&9?! Give them the whole damn bag.

Is this a joke?! :woman_facepalming:t4:

Your feelings are valid however your kids probably see and eat worse at school :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You do what you feel right mamma .
There’s plenty of other goodies they can have :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Having someone like you was not just a great motivation but also put in the best to get the work so honestly deserve nothing but appreciate thanks for the work.

I completely understand where you’re coming , however when my children have them just like suckers i ask them not to run around with them in their mouths. Maybe having them enjoy them sitting down could be a good compromise

Do you allow your children to eat grapes, raisins, nuts, lollipops, etc for fear of choking hazards?

3 Likes

Mine loves them. He is 4. I had to tell him he can have them only if he isn’t talking (for the chocking) and it’s made it a treat for both of us at times :joy:

5 Likes

Your kids are 8 and 9
Not 2 or 3
Omg :expressionless:

5 Likes

My 7yr old has been chomping down on jolly ranchers for years :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Your kids are half way to being adults calm down and let them have them ffs

1 Like

They are 8 and 9. I think it’s safe to let them eat whatever.

1 Like

Jolly rancher hard candies I understand ur fear… my kids are autistic 5 and 7 but I do understand your concern. Just monitor their abilities and if they handle it good then ur good to go like any other foods u try that might be scary at first… like for any new food or candy always monitor for a while and see how it goes…They may surprise you… my 5 year old isn’t ready for hard candies but my 7 year old is… every child does their own on its own time… :slight_smile: also explaining about how to properly eat candies example not laying down or running with it in their mouth might help as well for my kids anyways as it’s a treat to have candy. If they want candy they have to be sitting up right to have it and follow the rules to have such candy or gum (In garbage not on furniture when done)

I’m that way about gum. Personally I’ve never really liked it and I don’t let my kids have it when they are with me. They can have it while with others like my mom or my gma and I don’t say anything. It’s their time and their rules.

1 Like

They’re 8 & 9… your husband is right.

1 Like

Have them sit down on the couch while eating them. Problem solved. They can just as easily choke on LITERALLY anything else. If it helps to reassure you, get the ‘‘de choker’’ or another anti choking device.

4 Likes

They are 8 and 9 not 2 or 3 cmon!!

2 Likes

Seriously? If thats the case don’t let them eat or drink anything .

3 Likes

Yup! I’m the same way. I don’t let them have hard candy period. Gum is a big no as well. Don’t worry about what people say you parent the way you feel is right for your kids. My kids are 12, 10, 6 and 3 and my kids don’t even drink soda

1 Like

No. Not only are they a cooking hazard, but terrible on the teeth. Can cause chipped or broken teeth or pull out fillings or crowns.

2 Likes

Honestly I never believed I would ever earn from bitcoin investment until I met Mrs matryona she helped me gained financial freedom and free me from debts, so I am doing her a favour by referring others to her… thank you Olgusya.

What’s childhood without choking on a jolly rancher a time or two?

7 Likes

Wow i can’t believe there are parents like this in the real world

3 Likes

This happened about 8 years ago, but there was a car accident and a child died from choking on the jolly rancher she was eating. Nobody was hurt from the accident, but the impact caused the jolly rancher to get lodged in her throat. One parent called 911 while the other was trying to help her but the girl died before anyone got there.

You should be more concerned about the ingredients.

Nope! Only while my husband is home will I consider it because he knows CPR and all that. Any small hard candies go straight into the garbage most of the time.

I completely understand your concern. I let my kids have them but they have to sit while they are having them.

Umm 8 and 9 YEARS old or months?

3 Likes

Uummmm, I’m in agreement with your husband on this. Your being way over protective on this.

At 8 and 9 years old, let them live a little. Choking can happen at any age really so I get it, but you’re not teaching them to take chances in life, to try new things, or letting them be kids.

So is any type of hard candy or gum.

You have to teach them No hard candy in the car and when having hard candy you sit down till it’s gone, no laying down etc… reduce the choking risk.

Because choking can happen on anything, you have to teach safety standards and walk them through what to do if they do start choking.

3 Likes

I let my 5 year old, but only if we’re not in the car, she’s sitting, and we’re in the room with her. Most of the time she doesn’t finish them because she doesn’t like sitting still just to have candy, so she’ll spit it in the trash after a couple of minutes. If you’re really nervous but want to still let them try/have a piece, try breaking them into smaller pieces with a hammer or rolling pin. :woman_shrugging:t3:

My daughter choked on one in Target when she was around 4 so I’m not a fan of them

Chips and popcorn are also considered choking hazards.

1 Like

No problem with jolly ranchers.

You saved my life out of debt and I do not think I could ever tell you how much you mean to me, I’ll keep telling people about your good works in my life

I don’t let me kids have hard candies that are small like that. For the same fear.

If you’re concerned about this, I highly suggest getting CPR certified to learn how to do the heimlich maneuver properly (if you haven’t done so already). They could literally choke on anything.

3 Likes

I sincerely in Bitcoin and forex trading with Mrs Lisa jennifer with a minimum capital I have earn enough profits within 5days and I have full control over my capital I highly recommend Mrs Lisa in trading aspect

I still cut up hot dogs for my 9yo. Choking is a concern at any age. I was 10 and choked on candy. At 24 I choked on a hot dog. I don’t allow jolly ranchers regardless because of the dye, but I’m extremely careful giving any foods that could cause choking.

I don’t let my 3 yr old but I do the rest. They’re 6, 9 and 11

Yah your husband is right

2 Likes

Don’t put ice in your kids drinks then, because no lie, my son seriously choked on ice

1 Like

Mash up pasta too, when my son was 14 he choked on a while a** noodle. I mean, choke as in I had to help him.

I would be worried if the kids were 2 and 3. But I think you’re kids can handle it. I’d be more worried about cavities than a choking hazard honestly…

Now I finally believe this system works, I’m very excited at this moment for making me earn my profit just as you promise, I’ve successfully made my withdrawal and you’ve earned my trust just as you said before I invested in your platform.
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I’d be more concerned with them pulling out a tooth than choking on them.

I’ve choked on jello before if that helps…if you give them I’d just watch them close

I have been seeing posts everywhere and keep saying to contact her, and I finally did it turns out to be legit, I switched with her and got my benefits from :point_right:

I was about 15 when I choked on an ice cube…as I panicked I stepped on a toy rake which caused me to trip and fell into a metal fence which caused me to black out.

Ya, u can choke at any age. I wouldn’t risk it either.

Seriously? They are definitely old enough

I want to say thank you for all your support, advice and continuous encouragement even when I was too weak to take actions, I lost hope entirely thinking I can get paid but just to my biggest surprise my Bitcoin wallet )was over flooded. What a Kind Woman you are ?:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Um they’re 8 & 9 seriously stop being a damn helicopter mom. Let them have them. You can’t control what someone ends up choking on. Hell they can choke on water so are you gonna take water away. Stop thinking irrationally.

I saw recommendations about her and gave her a try. I’m proud to tell the world that Mrs Olgusya Gribova and
her trading platform are all so real and

At 8 and 9 i wouldn’t worry

My testimony started when I saw a post of people testifying about Mr. Joshua Bunker bitcoin company, after having a good view at his profile on facebook seeing successful stories on how he has helped a lot of people… I was really impresed and I quickly contacted him. Since then my life has changed financially through the help of Mr. Joshua Bunker trading bitcoin online. Click on him Facebook link below to contact him.
:point_down::point_down: :point_down:

I want to thank you so much for your honesty and transparency in all our business dealings you’ve never cheated me or anyone else, that makes me so proud to advertise how professional you are with business generally. Thank you so much for being the best trading coach on this platform

Facebook contact: Redirecting...

Every day I am tremendously humbled and honored to have the unique opportunity to work under such an amazing person like you. Mr. Joshua Bunker!! Thanks for guiding me on crypto trading, you are the best to recommend when it comes to crypto trading Redirecting...

I wonder why people turns their eyes off Bitcoins and crypto currency trading knowing fully well they’re the faith and future of the world. Bitcoin and crypto currency trading are one of the most profitable online business I have ever gotten myself into, I am happy i made the right decision to invest with, Mr. Joshua Bunker who help me Boost my financial status… My appreciation and gratitude to Sir. Bunker for making me who I’m today, I can say I’m leaving my dream life… I’m happy I invested under the right platform… May God continue to bless you Joshua.0 I’m so grateful​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
I’m thankful to Mr. Joshua for bringing smile and happiness to my life and the life of my best friend through his crypto Investment platform , am so glad and so lucky to have him mentor my Bitcoin​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down: