Do you seperate your laundry?

Having a debate with my husband and wanting to know which one of us is right…when doing laundry…do people still seperate the whites and the colors?

91 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/do-you-seperate-your-laundry/20875

I keep my whites out most of the time….:woozy_face:

2 Likes

I used to, but I have far too much now to care any more :smirk:

no. ain’t no one got time for all that. I only separate towels from clothes and maybe a few random items because either they are new, I really like them and want it to last forever or they might possibly bleed. other than that it all goes together :joy:

1 Like

I will bleach my boyfriends under shirts and socks once a month.

But there is 6 of us. I only separate towels.

Nope, I dump my laundry basket in and let it rip lol.

3 Likes

I wash whites and lights separately

1 Like

I’m lazy I don’t separate anything :rofl:

1 Like

I personally don’t cuz by the time me & my honey accumulate enough whites that white pile will be there forever :woozy_face:

1 Like

I do whites light grays and pastels together then everything else Lolol

Nope, I just throw it all in the machine

1 Like

Darks lights and whites all separate always

I sort it out indefinitely. To the point that I have a three section laundry sorter, one is socks, one is underwear, the third is baby clothes, and then laundry baskets for certain things. Darks, lights, colors, and dad clothes lol

2 Likes

I separate it by washing mine and my husband’s clothes and then the kids clothes

I have never once done that and never will

3 Likes

Nuh :joy:
I do linen together, towels together and clothes together. I don’t seperate colours though

I do. Always. I also wash jeans with jeans only and towels with only towels etc. I thought everyone did.

4 Likes

I seperate dark clothes away from light clothes and make a whole other load for white clothes and another seperate load for towels and washcloths to bleach :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I do. I separate whites, lights and darks. Towels are also never washed with clothing, and outfits such as Under Armour are washed alone to be laid flat to dry.

2 Likes

I seen people do it :joy: not me :woman_shrugging: but we really don’t have alot of white

1 Like

Yes I do because I don’t want the whites and light colored cloth looking gray

I don’t separate whites only because we don’t hardly own any white clothes. Lol… but yes I separate clothes. Shirts, pants, towels etc.

I separate whites and super bright colors from the darks. Washing anything white or bright with darks makes it look dingy :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I don’t separate by colors, but I do separate by wash type and temperature to avoid pilling and holes. Ruined too many nice things by just throwing them in at the same temp and cycle type.

Absolutely. White,colors,black and blue together. Towels, and blankets.

2 Likes

No, not usually
I don’t lol…
But I separate clothes from towels :rofl:

Always light color separate and bright color separate

Yes. Darks, lights, colors, towels, fleece.

Yes, and I bleach the whites.

2 Likes

Nope, I would never have whites to wash! Lol I do separate towels from clothes

1 Like

I’ve never separated laundry.

1 Like

Yes. I separate the light color clothes from the dark color clothes. The towels from the sheets. I wash my husband’s work clothes separately. I use a different detergent on my husband’s work clothes because of grease, oil, etc. His clothes is washed last and then I run a short cycle in the washer with vinegar to clean the tub of the washer.

1 Like

Who has time to separate lol

2 Likes

Yes. Whites and light colours in one cycle and darks in another.

Somewhat separate. Towels darks and colours/whites… we don’t own a lot of white as well

I do light colors and darks only as we rarely have whites

Whites separate then everything else together if I can be bothered if not it all goes in with a colour catcher and I hope for the best

I just separate towels, clothes with zippers and then everything else.

1 Like

No but I do wash my husband clothes separate from mine and kids and towels wash alone but don’t separate colors

No I don’t have time for that.I have 6 kids

1 Like

Yeah, white/lights, darks, towels/blankets, bedding.
I thought everyone did. I guess not :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I don’t wear light colors so I don’t. If I did, I’d definitely separate.

Nope never have an never will. As long as you’re not a dippy do an wash brand new colored items with your lighter colored clothing you’ll be fine. Brand new colored items such as darker to medium blues or reds , purples, greens still have fresh dyes in them and they will bleed the color and it can leach into lighter colored clothing. I save water and time by not separating them.

Nope. Only time I bleach whites is when simple green OR oxy clean isn’t working. I can’t remember the last time they failed me though. :person_shrugging:t2:

I do not separate chores from whites u less it’s something brand new and I’m afraid it may color run when washing.

I live in a house of boys. Whites don’t survive in our house so none of us even own any lol. But we don’t separate.

Nope I wash everything in cold so I don’t have to separate lol. It’s worked for years

1 Like

Nope! I wash in cold and hope for the best!

Only if I have enough whites to do a load. Usually no tho.

Yes,if not the whites get dingy

1 Like

Nope. I separate items though like pants and towels and underwear and then second load is shirts and socks.

Darks, lights, whites, towels, sheets…all separate. Every time.

1 Like

I have a hamper for everything :joy: whites, darks, colors, delicates, towels and washcloths, and 1 for sheets and blankets :joy: IKIK smh :rofl::joy: I’ve been told it’s a lot

2 Likes

Never and nothing bad has happened yet! :crossed_fingers:

Best to separate whites and delicates from the rest and do towels separately, especially away from zippers

2 Likes

Yes!! Whites, colors, towels, delicate, sheets, blankets.

1 Like

I don’t wear white and my kids only have a few white shirts with pictures on them so no. Definitely don’t sort them.

1 Like

I open the washer and put all the laundry in it as it’s dirty. No. I don’t have the patience to separate .

3 Likes

Hell no. No time for that. Throw it all in and hope for the best!

I never separate my laundry I don’t have many whites so I just pray for the best

Yes if I want my whites to stay bright

1 Like

Nope, nothing bad has happened yet so🤷🏻‍♀️

Yes mam I do whites darks and also wash all pants together only and towels only

3 Likes

Towels are their own loads. Everything else goes in at once.

Separate the red ones, they fade.

Yes I still do. However, I was told that this is unnecessary as colours no longer run. Just habit.

Of cause you do well should do anyway.

Nope. If my whites start to look weird then I’ll give them all a bit of bleach. Otherwise they get washed as normal with everything else. Too much washing in this house to sort a colour that’s barely used.

1 Like

Who has time for that?

Absolutely! Whites. Jeans. Towels and Colored clothes. Don’t forget sheets and blankets.

1 Like

I don’t :woman_shrugging:t2: then again I don’t own a lot of white clothing. :joy:

Yes, color gets washed with cold water and whites get washed with hot water. jeans, active wear, uniforms, delicates, sheets, towels, blankets all get sorted.

1 Like

I always separate. Colors, whites, jeans, towels & my sons two loads lol.

1 Like

Single mom of 3 with a ft job heck no there is no time to separate as clothes already seem never ending

Yes I separate darks is one load lights another. Was in cold water

1 Like

I must have too much time on my hands or just force of habit. I separate whites, gentle cycle, colors, darks and jeans. We are a family of 5 so they’re all full loads. Blankets and towels are also their own loads. I only do laundry 1 day a week though.

3 Likes

I don’t seperate colours, I do however wash the kids clothes separately

Never in my life have I ever separated my laundry. It allllll goes in together.

4 Likes

Yes yes yes yes!! Whites, blacks, light colours & dark colours!!

3 Likes

yes I do separate loads

1 Like

Nope. I don’t separate anything other than towels. Never had an issue.

3 Likes

I sort by person due to skin sensitivities.

No need to anymore
Colors don’t bleed and most detergents have color safe bleach

Yes. Whites hot with bleach. Colors cold. Towels separate.

Everything goes in at one never separated clothes by colors or jeans or towels

Yes. I don’t buy clothes very often. So to keep them looking their best I separate darks, lights, and whites.

1 Like

Nope. Only separate towels and bedding

Yes, blacks all together, whites all together and Color’s together aswell as towels all together. Unless I’m feeling lazy then it all goes in.
We don’t need to anymore like said in other comments but I find it does wash nicer separated. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Hell yes people that don’t are nuts.

3 Likes

Hello👋 The most successful plan of life is investment, I don’t only depend on monthly income. Coming across Mr. Joshua Bunker was a blessing to me, because it was difficult to find someone reliable and trustworthy as him. All he cares about is trying all his possible best to enable you achieve all your set out goals. My financial breakthrough came through from his good work. I appreciate you Mr. Joshua Bunker. Click on the link below to get started.
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Never but I also stopped buying white cuz I can’t keep it white lol

1 Like

If you want your clothes to last, most definitely. Whites, lights, colors, darks and denim (tough fabric rubs against softer and ruins it), towels and bedding.

4 Likes

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. Just depends on how many loads I got

Yes ma’am! Lights darks and whites then towels :joy:
Maybe it’s my OCD or the way I was raised but my laundry has to be separated

1 Like

Sometimes. Not always.

Ummmmm yes. Why wouldn’t you?

I have 4 tall trash bins in my laundry: light/white; red; dark; sheets/towels.

My g’ma is depression era military wife. Separate, bleach whites, starch, iron, whole nine. I have never separated anything or ironed a single piece of clothing in my life. We lived together. It was fun :grin: it doesn’t matter honestly. The key is getting out and folded asap and you can’t tell the difference.

Yes, other than socks.