Do you seperate your laundry?

Nah… It’s a waste of time now… Washing machines and detergents are super different now than they were when we were little… Seems completely unnecessary now…

I don’t usually, but it does make your whites shirts get dingy after awhile, my family just doesn’t wear much white to begin with.

People who say no have no idea how color in clothing is put in. Do some research or your own experiment by putting darks into water and watch the color bleed out. Ofcorse you separate. Not only do you separate, but darks use cold water to wash. Lights use warm and whites use hot. Laziness is exactly why good clothes look old and dirty after washing. But hey, most people don’t care what they look.like by the sounds of these comments. Lol

2 Likes

I only do if I have something that will bleed, or if I want to bleach my whites.

I do colors, darks, and whites.

Yes always and socks wash by themselves

Yep, by color, and by fabrics. Jeans, t shirts, cotton, and delicates go separately.

1 Like

Yes we do, whites, lights, darks etc. You can definitely tell who washes their whites either other colours

Nope…I use color catcher sheets

Only thing I was separate is towels and clothes. Whites/light and darks go together

Only if I have whites I’m concerned about.

I separate by weight, heavy and light because they wash differently
I only separate colors if I’m bleaching whites or if a color is new and likely to run

Yes if it’s some thing that might run
Or if I’m doing whites using bleach

Nope it’s a waste of time. If it’s something that might bleed I will wash separately after I buy it otherwise I’m good.

2 Likes

Absolutely I separate my laundry.

1 Like

I seperare blues, blacks, pinks, whites, yellows, greys etc

I don’t I just throw all that shit in together

Yes and you can tell who doesn’t lol! Whites go in on their own on hot with bleach, colours on their own with oxyclean on warm, darks on their own, also with oxyclean. All bedding by itself in hot water, duvets with bleach added and hung to dry. All my towels get washed on their own, also in hot water. Dish cloths, I soak in concentrated bleach overnight when used… if you mix your whites with darks or other colours your whites will turn grey and look dingy. Also jeans should go in by themselves, delicates, etc. :smiling_face::crazy_face::upside_down_face:

Clothing together, linen alone, towels alone

1 Like

If the coloured clothes are new I separate. After a few washes they no longer shed color so I throw it all in together.

1 Like

Throw everything in at once :person_shrugging:if you get a pink shirt, underwear,socks,wear them with pride :person_facepalming:, I never separate

I do it simply because my husband and I love the smell of freshly bleached whites. Everything else gets thrown together. Just to clarify, though, we don’t bleach every white item we own. Sometimes they get thrown into the same wash together.

Yes I do. If you wash whites with darks it fades the whites

3 Likes

Yes!! If not, your whites aren’t going to stay white and colored clothes certainly don’t need hot water like whites and towels.

1 Like

Now that i have to do my laundry at a laundry mat, i dont separate them. but if i had my own washer & dryer, i would!
maybe not colors from whites, but definitely towels from clothes.

1 Like

I don’t separate shit :rofl::rofl::rofl: but if I get something I think will bleed onto other things I do wash separately. Normally I just throw everything in though.

I don’t unless it’s something important I don’t wanna risk but that’s rare lol

I do. My fiancé doesn’t. He will only separate the towels lol

Defo separate…keeps them brighter…

Only when I don’t want my whites to be gray and grungy looking.

Generally speaking…no.
We don’t have enough whites to make it worth a separate load TBH.
When we had/used a white comforter I did but we rarely use that comforter anymore.
Mine and the kids socks are colored.
We don’t have my white shirts. None of our towels are white.
The only thing I do seperate is cleaning rags, bath Matt’s, ect they’re all done in their own load about once a week.

No but I will if I have something new that’s red for a few washes

No…but only bc there isn’t enough clothes to wash to do that. I have my kids wash their own clothes.

Yes, always. There’s nothing worse than whites that are grey and dirty looking.

2 Likes

Nope… Not unless they’re new

1 Like

Nope. I don’t really own any white clothing though hahaha I prefer dark colours.

Yes can’t stand my whites to look grey

2 Likes

Towels and bedding in one load, clothes in the other lol. No clothes get separated😂

Only towels and bedding go separate from clothes. I don’t separate lights and darks

Yes definitely separate

Never. Never had any problems.

I do. I bleach the whites to keep them as white as possible for awhile. I hate dingy white.

I do. I separate whites, colors, and darks.

I don’t because I don’t have any whites :woman_shrugging:

I don’t separate by color unless its a new red or dark item, but I do keep towels and bedding together, and socks and underwear together. In my mind, socks and underwear get a better wash and rinse without bigger clothes in there.

Yes! And also the mans clothes are separate from my own. He works and mold.

The only time I separate would be if we have new clothes.

My last paycheck was $16,815 where I worked online 19 hours a week. My sister’s boyfriend made an average of 16,000 for months and works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was after trying it.

info Here >>> https://works21.vercel.app/

SEPARATE, yikes and yes, whites get hotter water

1 Like

Nope. The only whites we have are hand towels or bath towels. Towels are separated from the clothes, so technically yes lol, but not in the sense you are talking about :rofl:

Yes! I even separate by material

I never do. Just throw everything in together. Nothing bad has ever happened :woman_shrugging: but we don’t really wear anything white lol

1 Like

Nope!the only real white clothes I have are socks and undies. I’m not separating whole loads just to wash then. Too many loads and I’m too lazy lol. That being said, if the load is too big, I will separate jeans and other heavy clothes. Towels are their own load as is bedding.

I don’t own much of anything that is just white… Waste, gets dirty so fast. So no we.dont have to sort. Although I do separate towels and clothes…

I separate whites which are all of hubbys socks , delicates/ my work clothes, and my hubbys clothes his stink from work and have chemicals on them everything else is washed together for my daughter and myself our daily clothes towels etc.

I can’t believe adults are actually asking this question in 2022.

I separate towels and clothes. If I hv enough whites I’ll put them all together and do a just white load with bleach. But I usually only bleach/white load my bed sheets.

Yes and I turn my blue jeans inside out so they actually stay darker longer. Don’t know why but it works

Yes ! Separate everything and turn certain clothes inside out

1 Like

I separate mine, husband throws his all in together.

Nope. Clothes all go in together.
Towels are in together.
Bed sets are all in together.
Only sorting I do

2 Likes

Never have, never will.

Nope!! Almost family of 6 and the biggest tip I could ever give is to STOP doing that and have a laundry basket for each kid… was when full! No separating before or after!!

1 Like

No… everything goes in together. I only separate towls and blankets

I don’t bother lol never makes a difference only time I do is when it’s brand new like jeans but that’s it

I sort laundry into piles. Clothes. Towels. Bedding. But I don’t separate lights, darks, colors and whites. Nobody has time for that! I do use a detergent that has like color protection, so colors don’t dull and bleed onto the whites/lights.

I don’t but Janet does.

I have a separate basket for whites. My husband wears white T’s to work everyday. Washing them separately with bleach keeps them fresher and have to be replaced less often. If someone else in the house wears something plain white it just goes into hubby’s basket. It’s not like I’m doing extra work or anything :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Oh my God… Definitely Yes

I separated mine! I do darks, whites, brights and towels all separately!

The only thing I separate is my clothes and the babies clothes or if I buy new jeans or anything red.

1 Like

Absolutely and I have a seperate basket for whites. Sooo it’s not like it’s extra work🤷🏻‍♀️

Always! I think it’s a man thing not separating clothes!:smile:

I do towels, whites & darks separately.

1 Like

Yup-! And my husband does his own lol.

Absolutely. I buy white clothes. Not gray

Nope I wash it all together

Nope, wash them all together…i used to seperate them…but now im like why?

I don’t bother separating. No issues so far and I’ve been doing it for over 15 years

I separate everything. Whites, lights, darks, gym clothes, towels, sheets, blankets, dog bedding/towels …. anything else is just gross :woozy_face:

Nope, never have. The only separation in our house is by person.

100% I always separate laundry.

Only when I’m doing my partners laundry

Whites from dark? No as long as there is nothing new in the load. Other things yes!

I definitely separate laundry. I wash all of my towels/wash cloths/underwear with bleach. I feel like if you don’t that’s just nasty :face_vomiting: plus if you wash your colors with your whites, the white ends up looking dingy. 

Depends. If it’s brand new I wash it separately the first time just in case it bleeds. Otherwise it’s all together with oxy-clean

Lights and darks towels/sheets blankets. In my house

Only issue I ever have with my whites is when it’s washed with well water. Otherwise it all goes on together!

I separate jeans and nice clothes from the rest.

I only separate my colors when I buy something new, then after that I throw them all together. Towels and sheets are separate from our clothes.

1 Like

Absolutely not lol. Got 4 kids and another on the way, ain’t got no time for that :woozy_face:

Yes guess I am old school

I use to not separate but the whites don’t stay white, and towels keep things from drying all the way so we now separate, white, lights, mediums, dark, towels, sheets

House of 5

No bc my family has little to no white garments. The only thing that gets separated are towels and linens from clothing.

Yes. I have 11 loads, actually. :roll_eyes::shushing_face:
Whites
Reds
Darks x2(regular and delicates)
Lights x2(regular and delicates)
Hubby’s work clothes
Scrubs
Daughters clothes
Towels
Sheets

Yes whites get bleached.

I do but my husband doesnt

Of course I do. I do not wash colors with whites. Towels are also done separately. Certain clothes I only wash on the gentle cycle.

1 Like

I only separate towels and blankets cause they take forever to dry

1 Like

No, the only reason I separate my laundry…is based on person…sometimes :sweat_smile: depends on how I feel that day.

1 Like