Do you thank your husband for doing things around the house?

Do you thank your spouse for doing things around the house? My husband expects to be thanked for taking the trash out of picking up the living room but I don’t get thanked for what I do…so do you thank him for simple house tasks?

89 Likes

Of course. If you don’t get thanked, it really does sucks, but be the bigger person and thank him. Men sometimes have a harder time showing appreciation. Maybe express that you would like some appreciation… but don’t make a fight about it.

1 Like

I thank my SO and in return he thanks me. Treat them how you want to be treated.

7 Likes

Yes. I thank him when he takes out the trash, does the dishes, grabs the clothes from the dryer ect., But it is a two way street. He thanks me for cooking, making sure his clothes are clean, dishes, ect. I believe it needs to go both ways.

1 Like

I always thank mine and he thanks me in return, I would tell him that when he starts thanking you you will do the same for him.

1 Like

Yes I thank him… But not because he expects it. Because how can respect me if I don’t respect him. Always thank people!

No he’s an adult that also lives in our house I am a sahm but DH has no issues helping out he will fold clothes and mate socks while watching sports on TV

5 Likes

I do because I appreciate the help.

1 Like

Just say your welcome loudly when you do something. Lol

6 Likes

My husband is the SAHD…he gets all the thank yous from me!! He also says thank you to me when i do my share of housework.

1 Like

It depends on what it is if I thank him. I think they live in the house they should help out.

2 Likes

When I have to ask my husband repeatedly and for 2-3 days in a row to take out the trash (the ONLY household chore he does), no I don’t thank him.

4 Likes

We make sure to always thank each other…can’t be too grateful!!

4 Likes

I thank him/tell him its appreciated. And he does the same😊

Yes. We both show appreciation. Period

1 Like

When my guy does something on his own without being asked I don’t say always anything, when I ask him to do something I try to say thank you. For some reason housework seems to be harder for guys to do, and positive reinforcement is the key. Most guys were not made to help out around the house their mother’s did everything so they expect you do do everything like mom did, and they don’t think about saying thank you.

Is his love language words of affirmation? Then yeah. You’re supposed to know him best, you decide.

24 Likes

Absolutely. It’s mutual

Nope :rofl: why, he lives here too!

5 Likes

I do, my husband also thanks me for doing things. We know they’re necessities, but it shows appreciation.

5 Likes

I would be petty as well and complain about not being thanked either. For everything thing you do, say you’re welcome loudly.
He is an adult who lives in the house. It is his chores as well. Does he say thank you to others as well for doing their chores?

I swear, I go through the same exact thing!!! And a few weeks ago, I said, well I don’t get a thank you for cleaning the house and doing laundry and grocery shopping or taking the trash down. And he replied, well that’s your job! I was mortified! I have spoiled my husband. Well, no more! He needs to do things because I work a lot!

2 Likes

I do SOMETIMES and sometimes my husband thanks me. But if he expects a thank you everytime but doesn’t return the appreciation. I’d just start saying " Your Welcome" loudly after completing a household chore. Like when he goes to put on clean clothes say your welcome for the clean clothes!

1 Like

It depends on your dynamic. I am a sahm. So my partner does not thank me for every chore I do in the house. He would be thanking me all day. :joy::joy: but if he does a chore for me ill say thank you because its not his normal thing. But also if my partner asked me to do a certain thing that day (get his laundry done etc) he will thank for me for that. Or if I do something extra like have his coffee and everything all ready the second he wakes up.

3 Likes

I think both spouses should be appreciated for what they do, whether it’s their “role” or not.

2 Likes

My SO and I appreciate each other. I’m disabled. When we first got together it was knock down drag out fights to get any help from him and I CANNOT handle the house wirk by myself. He knew that before we ever got together as one of my exes is who introduced us. Lead in to the worst argument/mo s t toxic thing I have ever said to another person let alone one who is supposed to be my partner and he finally got his head out of his rear after I went ghost for two hours. When I got home we had a conversation and that was the last fight we have ever had over house work.
So now that he isn’t an ignorant, lazy so and so and contributes to the home, yes I thank him for what he does. But only what he does not half butt. If he takes the trash oit and doesn’t put the bag in or leaves boxes or milk jugs I won’t. Because he knows I cannot get to the trash. If he moves things around instead of actually organizing things, I’m not going to appreciate it because I have to fix it. But when he puts the effort in to actually help and doesn’t have an attitude, I genuinely appreciate the help and thank him.

I do thank my husband sometimes, he doesn’t care if I do or not. I just want him to know that I noticed and appreciated what he did. I do it to my kids as well, I feel like it’s good when someone notices hard work… 🤷

3 Likes

It’s polite to say thank you when someone is helping. It’s also a wonderful thing to show appreciation. It goes both ways!

5 Likes

If he thanks you for doing it

Nope. I don’t want to be, nor expect to be thanked for doing basic chores that I would have to do with or without a partner.

Yes, we usually thank each other. We just do it out of habit i guess. We both dont expect a thank you.

4 Likes

I always thank him, because it means something to him. Its also helped him see the work I do and return the gesture. Its always nice to be appreciated, even in little things like house work. Cant show it enough in this day and age - and it sets good behaviors for our kids I think when they see their parents modeling an act of appreciation

I do but my husband is also good for thanking me as well. He thanks me for things like taking care of our kids and he certainly doesn’t NEED to because I’m going to take care of them regardless of recognition or appreciation, but it makes me feel good when he thanks me for doing a good job.

1 Like

Nope… he lives there too.

2 Likes

We thank, and appreciate everything each other does. We are a team… I have never in 12 years taken out the trash, but every week when he does I thank him…

1 Like

Sometimes I do…like if he does it without me reminding him 3 times haha. Sometimes I just do it all myself cuz I don’t wanna deal with it haha.

We both thank each other for doing the daily chores

Yeah but that’s because he really does it :rofl:

I do. I’m currently a SAHM, but my boyfriend still helps me cook and clean. We take turns cooking and we both clean while our son is napping. I clean while at home, but can’t finish everything. I show my boyfriend I appreciate when he helps me because he works and still enjoys helping me around the house.

We thank each other for everything we do around the house :woman_shrugging:

Explained too him that when he starts thanking you that you will start thanking him for what he do.s.

Fuck that! Would you cheer him for wiping his own ass? He’s not a god damn child it’s his house too

Yes we thank each other for everything. We don’t expect it but I think it’s just common courtesy🤷🏼‍♀️

2 Likes

I’m a SAHM and my boyfriend works 12-14 hours a day. He thanks me for keeping the house clean and everything I do, vice versa.

1 Like

Words of affirmation might be his language and if that’s the case I would really make an effort to thank him or those things he has been doing will stop and he will shut down.

I do thank him for putting sheets on bed, massage and carrying in dinner or running errands.

We both thank eachother, but he would get the finger if he was expecting it every time he did a household chore

Why would I thank him for cleaning something in his own home? He should do it just because he has pride in your hone and should take care of it. If I wasn’t there, he’d have to do it anyways :rofl::rofl:

If I specifically ask him to take care of something though, or course I’ll thank him for helping me :rofl:

1 Like

Yes I do i thank him for all sorts of things all the time he thanks me too

By habit, I thank him. I’ve found that be acknowledging the behavior leads to him doing it more. Kind of like what I do with the kids. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

We thank each other he helps me a little more since I’m 9 months pregnant fixing to give birth in 2 weeks just respect is all

Yes, but I don’t let him do very much

1 Like

Nope I don’t get thanked so y should I thank him ?

Always thank him. As a stay at home mom, that’s my job!! So when he does it, it makes me feel appreciated so I do thank him!

Yeahh… he thanks me. I thank him… its nice to hear and feels good and appreciated.
Despite it being “just something you do”. Like when you sneeze.

1 Like

I thank my husband for everything. I even thank him for going to work every day. He could very well be one of those bum ass men that doesn’t hold a job or help his wife or take care of his children. I’m currently a stay at home mom/wife. My husband thanks me all of the time for taking care of the house/kids. We do this because we want one another to know that we appreciate what the other does for the house/family. But he is YOUR husband, so maybe you should have a conversation with him. If you need to show appreciation and thanks to him for what he does, he needs to do the same. People all to often get “comfortable” with their spouse and take for granted the things that they do for them just because.

We thank each other. We also thank the kids. Its having good manners. I would explain that if he wants that, then he needs to do the same.

5 Likes

We usually thank each other :woman_shrugging: not always but most of the time. I noticed the kids picked up on the super early by watching us.

1 Like

Hahahaha, no. I don’t get thanked for doing chores by him, so he doesn’t get thanked by me.

1 Like

I mean I do but not because I’m expected to just because its polite

1 Like

I wouldn’t say every time lol it’s his house and mess too so thats just expected.

We thank eachother. Not all the time but we do do it.

I do thank my husband, or tell him it looks nice. Usually I say something along the lines of " There’s nothing more sexy than a man washing dishes, something silly. But I elevate my husband every chance I get.

Yep. If I want my kids to have good manners I need to display them myself. He says thank you to me too.

1 Like

I dont think he expects it but I do say thanks sometimes. We have been together almost 11 years now lol

I’m a sahm & I thank my husband for buying me food & doing anything around our house. He tells me not to thank him & that it’s his responsibility to help me too even though he works, but I still do because I truly am thankful for all of his help!

We both do! It shows appreciation because we truly appreciate what we do for each other. But it’s not expected.

3 Likes

My husband does alot.some things i cant even do due to A messed up back. I always thank him.and i am very grateful.

Lol no! I’m not gonna thank you for every little thing you do and I also don’t need to be thanked for the little things. But sometimes I take clothes out of the dryer and he will fold them before I can get to them. Or sometimes he wakes up before me and starts breakfast. Those things I will definitely thank him for! And I do remind him from time to time that i appreciate him and everything he does for our family.

Sometimes, depends on what he’s done etc,
Appreciation to each other for the simple things is important a man OR woman who feels appreciated will always go above and beyond!
And improves your entire household energy!

I’m a SAHM so when my husband has the time to pitch in and notices something needs to be done without having to mention it, I will say thank you. We are team and we each have our “roles” when he takes more off of my plate I will acknowledge it. Same with my girls when they do something for me I say thank you.

1 Like

Yes, but he thanks me too. Showing some appreciation in a relationship goes along way.

1 Like

My fiancé and I thank each other regularly for doing basic chores.

1 Like

Everyone is different…
Him: Damn I wish someone else knew how to load this dishwasher…
Me: damn I wish someone else knew how to cook a meal
Him: love you babe…
Me: Love you 2
:woman_shrugging::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sometimes for cooking. Sometimes he thanks me for cooking dinner and what not.

We thank each other, not always, but often and more so in front of our kids. We want them to know its important to appreciate all the small things and that in relationships you both do your part. Plus we want each other to know we appreciate what the other does.

1 Like

I definitely comment so he knows I’ve noticed it being done. But thank you seems silly for mundane things.

I thank him but he also thanks me for doing stuff. It’s a two way street.

Does he thank me? No he don’t so no I don’t thank him

2 Likes

My husband does not expect to be thanked. But I thank him… Same goes for me. I’m a stay at home mom of 4, with lupus. I don’t expect him to thank me. But he does, very often…

1 Like

My husband and i thank each other for EVERYTHING we just want each other to be appreciated

My personal opinion is that gratitude and appreciation for someone will get you so much further. Do you owe him a thank you? That’s all how you see things. Communication works best in all honesty. Sit him down and tell him chores and household duties are shared but you appreciate everything he does to help. If you need more help speak up. To me living life with a thankful spirit makes me happy. I dont care who is suppose to do what chore. A lot of it falls on me and I so get that attitude some people get when it comes to wanting praise for things you do everyday without mention or notice. If you are feeling pressured there then as hard as it may be stop doing everything you normally do for a week. And see who says what about chores.

No! But he expects me to thank him. Like geez thanks you helped for once. Lol

We thank each other everyday for how we contribute to our home.

I do. I say thank you for a lot of things though. I want him to feel appreciated, even if it did take me asking 10 times before he finally did it. It’s 2 words and it isn’t hard to say. He also thanks me for cleaning the house each day. We like to let the other know that we appreciate what they did

I just feel like thanking your loved one for doing even the little things, is super important!

1 Like

I do. However he also thanks me for everything I do as a SAHM. We respect each other and the things we both do to keep our family running as a team :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

We thank each other for doing stuff all the time. It’s nice to make each other feel appreciated.

2 Likes

I do thank my husband, or tell him he did a good job and how nice it is to be appreciated. I have found that he tends to thank me more for little extra things I do around the house and our home life is more harmonious when we both express gratitude and appreciation for each other. An added bonus is the kids pick up on it and are better behaved too.

2 Likes

We thank each other! Mutual respect goes a long way

1 Like

I thank my wife quite often. Whenever I can because showing gratitude doesn’t end just because you’re married.

I thank my husband for everything he does vice versa.

He lives there too so it’s not just your job alone to do chores around the house. He should not expect a thank you for helping around the house. It’s nice when you both can thank each other for being a team and helping each other. But he should not expect a thank you if he does not give any himself. Just my opinion

2 Likes

I’m a stay at home mom, my husband and I both thank each other. We both want each other to feel appreciate. I know I could never do his line of work and he knows he couldn’t be a stay at home parent. We also tell our two year old please and thank you. She says thank you but we’re still working on please. Raise kids with good manners. The worlds going to shit, the least we could do is raise decent humans.

1 Like

Does he thank you for the things you do every day? I don’t thank mine for doing the things he does regularly like taking out trash and recycling. But if I ask him to do something out of the ordinary then yes I thank him.

I don’t thank him necassarly but I tell him all the time that I appreciate him.

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus

1 Like

I always thank my husband for the things he does. When he mows the lawn, I thank him. When he does the laundry, I thank him. When he cooks, I thank him. We share all of the work and I enjoy thanking him for what he does for me and our family!

I do thank him because he wasn’t shown that sort of affirmation in his childhood. It makes him feel good and that’s all that matters to me.

I thank my husband and he thanks me. He tells me all the time how much he appreciates what I do for him and our home & I let him know how much I appreciate what he does. A little “thank you” and appreciation goes a long way.

1 Like