Do you thank your husband for doing things around the house?

It’s a man thing. If I got thanked for everything I did I’d be thanked all day. No one pins a medal on me soooo :joy::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes, and he thanks me. Everyone needs to feel appreciated and that you notice the things they do. There’s nothing wrong with acknowledging that he’s done something to help take some of the load off of you and to thank him for it. There’s also nothing wrong with you needing to be told thank you from him.

This group used to be interesting. I wanna hear more about how cps took your cousin Velveetas kids away.

5 Likes

My husband thanks me and I thank him. He is telling me he noticed, and I tell him I noticed; even for the mundane things.

My fiancé and I always thank each other. Even for the simple things. Relationships thrive on respect, communication, and mutual appreciation.

1 Like

Well ya, my honey always thanks me for what I get done while he’s at work. He gets home, I go to work. I get home and thank him for everything he did while I was gone. What’s the big deal? Be grateful for each other. It’s all about that team work and bringing each other up.

1 Like

Yes I do bc it shows I appreciate him taking the time to do whatever needs to be done.

Yep for anything he helps with… the more he knows I am thankful he will be more inclined to help more… a happy spouse a happy house!

1 Like

No he doesn’t need to thank me for cleaning the house or cooking or doing laundry bc it’s my job!!!

2 Likes

I always thank my husband for things he does around the house

Of course. Manners don’t die just because you’re married… now it sounds like he wants u to grovel

1 Like

I always thank mine for doing anything for us. I don’t get thanked back much, but if that is the reason you tell someone you appreciate them or if that is why you thank someone, you’re doing something wrong…

Yes. I do.
I’m a stay at home mom. The kids and the house are my “job”
so… when he does the dishes…I say thank you. Why? Because it was something I would normally need to do that I didn’t have to.
When he takes the boys for the day and i spend the day curled up in our room with a book…I say thank you because it’s something I wouldnt ordinarily get to do.
And just the fact that i appreciate him for helping makes him more willing to continue helping. Because it shows I’m not trying to take advantage of him.

He already works 48hrs a week so I can stay home. My Bill’s are paid. We have food. My kids have what they need. My truck has gas and is in good running condition.
Hes already providing all of that. Doing stuff around the house, that isnt directly his mess is extra.

I don’t say thank you for him working all the time just like he doesnt thank me for doing housework, cooking, and taking care of the kids.
And in those instances we know that each is appreciated.
I know I’m appreciated because he continues to get up work and support us and hasn’t asked me to get a job or gotten “territorial” around money.
He knows I appreciate him because I still clean up messes he makes directly, I still cook things I know he likes, i still ask his opinions.

8 Likes

Yes. It’s about acknowledging his help, everyone likes to feel appreciated

I thank my husband because I’m appreciative of anything he does to help me

If he doesn’t tell you, don’t tell him. Let him know, those are his kids, his dishes and his mess just as much as they are yours.

1 Like

I thank my roommate when she does things around the house because words of affirmation are her love language. She occasionally thanks me, but I don’t require that sort of validation.

Some people just need it because that’s their love language. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

If you thank him he will do more!

We both work. I cook most nights, both because I love cooking and because I’m better at it. He thanks me every time I make a meal. EVERY. TIME. After 18 years of marriage. We use manners with strangers, why not the person we live with every day and claim to love more than any other person on the planet?

1 Like

If I ask him to do it and he does it right away, then yes…if not and he just does it whenever then no

We both thank each other for the things we do around the house, no matter how small the task, and always tell each other that we appreciate what the other does

4 Likes

We thank each other for everything we do out of mutual respect

4 Likes

I do :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I appreciate everything that man does. Just because he is “supposed to” because “he lives here too” doesn’t mean we shouldn’t appreciate what is being done.

4 Likes

Maybe his love language is words of affirmation and acts of service. If its important to him, make sure he knows.

2 Likes

I always tell him thank you and that I appreciate it :purple_heart:

Instead of getting offended, why not talk to him about how both of you would like appreciation and acknowledgement. Then see if maybe you can come to an understanding, that you don’t need to say thank you for everything, but for the extra things and he should also. Best case you start getting thank yous, worse case he realizes how impossible it is to say thank you for everything and it ends there

He doesn’t expect it, but you bet your arse I always thank him and appreciate every little thing he does.

House crap should be split evenly even if you’re a stay at home mom. It rarely happens. I was a married stay at home mom for 10 years and doing everything for everyone else all the time drove me nuts. It’s a thankless job to be a stay at home mom. I am now divorced from my husband and in a different relationship and a full time working mom with 4 kids. Still doing everything. Didnt get appreciated then and dont now. I get thanked every now and then but it is rare. It’s not my “job” to do everything but it’s how it happens and it’s annoying.

I thank him and my kids for everything they do and I literally mean everything. I can’t keep up on it alone. So they definitely all get thanked and acknowledged. :slightly_smiling_face: I get the same in return. I feel it sets a mood. Thank and be thanked kind of thing?

3 Likes

I’d rather say thank you for doing it than having to do it myself.

Some of y’all have too much pride 🤦 Of course thank him…

1 Like

Personally, I wouldn’t want an empty thank you. If you’re not truly thankful then why lie about it.
And why is everyone assuming she’s a sahm? That was never mentioned. If she is, yeah I could see why she should be thankful for the help, but if not, then the man is doing the bare minimum and shouldn’t be the only one to get praised when she’s working and doing chores as well.

1 Like

I thank my husband when he does things around the house whether it’s expected of him or not, I just want him to know he’s appreciated. He doesn’t expect it or anything, and I don’t expect to be thanked for everything I do in the house either.

If it’s not reciprocal, maybe just start saying, “You’re welcome for my doing ____.” So he sees how much you do. Sharing chores is what you’re supposed to do, being thanked is nice.

Of course it’s better to just ask for what you want, and tell him why. Of you feel like you have all the chores, maybe sit down and put more in his column.

I tell him thank you and I appreciate him. I don’t expect it in return. I know I do a great job around the house I don’t need someone to tell me. Words of affirmation isn’t my top love language, so it doesn’t bother me.

He’s not helping. That’s his house too. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Appreciation goes both ways and I think it’s very important to remind your spouse of just that and to thank them for things that may be helpful to you and vice versa it goes both ways.

Its showing respect & appreciation. Wouldnt YOU liked to be thanked sometimes for what you do, even just small things?

1 Like

I do thank him all time. He doesnt always thank me with words. He does sweet things often I stead. Flowers for no reason. Cooking dinner the nights I dont feel like it.

1 Like

The more I show appreciation to my husband the more he does. I always say thank you but I want a thank you for what I do too.

1 Like

Some people their with gratitude and positive reinforcement if he thinks thanks are important to him I would do it
Why not atleast you’re getting help

My hubs doesn’t expect a thank you but I try to let him know I appreciate what he does. And he doesn’t thank me for everything but he lets me know he appreciates what I do as well. If you start keeping score you’re gonna lose I promise.

We each have a few things we do around the house like my husband takes out trash, and cleans litter boxes and feed our pets.
I do thank him for just doing those things at time because he works 55-60 hours a week.
When he does other things I’m even more appreciative, because we have 2 kids and I’m a stay at home mom.

I ALWAYS thank my husband for doing things. He thanks me…we thank our kids. Even just the little daily things… sometimes it’s just good to remind people you appreciate what they do.

2 Likes

I always thank him for doing stuff around he house and he thanks me as well.

3 Likes

Simple every day things no. Like taking trash out or picking up his own clothes. But if he helps you do the dishes without you asking or help with dinner or majorly big like fixing the garbage disposal or running an errand for you then yes say thank you.

I always thank him and let him know how much I appreciate it.

1 Like

Why should he be thanked for being a grown up & doing what grown-ups do? He’s sexist thinking you should show him appreciation for what little he does while you’re simply expected to do everything else.

2 Likes

Yes I do and vice versa. We don’t expect to be thanked but we say it anyway.

2 Likes

I do it because I have respect not only for him but for anyone that does something I say it

2 Likes

I do! I am a sahm, and when he walks in, and see dishes or what not, and takes the time to do them(knowing I obviously didn’t have time) I thank him… He also does laundry on his days off, and tries to take a lot off my plate. I definitely appreciate his help. Yes, he lives here too, but he doesn’t “have to” be a guy who helps… I think he likes the “thanks for the help”… Makes him feel appreciated and such🤷‍♀️ Still going strong after 15 years

1 Like

Honestly in my house wether it’s myself doing things or my partner we both thank each other, especially considering the hours he does and coming up to Christmas they will be even longer. Just the way it always has and it definitely helps if your having a bad day.

2 Likes

Why does that hurt u to say?

I do :woman_shrugging:t2:

My husband doesn’t expect it, but the way I see it is if something makes your life easier, you should express gratitude.

My husband works full time (a very physical job) and I stay home with our three kids. I don’t ever expect him to come home and do things, we try to work as a team. So, when he takes the trash to the dump or does the dishes or any small thing to help me, I always let him know he is appreciated… because he certainly doesn’t have to do it.

3 Likes

Yes I do, but my husband also thanks me for everything I do. So idk :woman_shrugging:t3:

It’s best to just be grateful for what people are doing for you and maybe it’ll start to rub off on him. :blush:

2 Likes

Yes i do! Mine doesn’t expect but deserves it. He works full time too and will come home and help me.

So how many of your guys husbands help yall? Without getting annoyed or mad???

Yes, we both do. Marriage is about reciprocity.

I thank mine with my mouth :grin: its our love language

1 Like

We both say thank you.

1 Like

I always say thank you doesn’t hurt to say it and makes everyone feel good

Absolutely. He thanks me and tells me how much he appreciates everything I do. We’ve been together for almost 13 years. I think it’s important to let him know that I see it and I’m grateful.

1 Like

I do just because I like to hear it I know that I’m exhausted everyday and thank you and I can tell that you worked hard and had a rough day is always a good thing to hear. So yes I always say thank you and he does just everyday stuff because that’s what I would like

1 Like

Yup. But he does the same for me. Not every little thing gets a thank you, but we do show and give each other thanks for what we each do.

1 Like

We both show our appreciation while nagging sometimes at the same time.

1 Like

I always express gratitude toward my husband because I am truly grateful and he shows his appreciation for what I do

1 Like

I thank mine all the time

I tell my fiance thank you and that I appreciate it because he takes care of the bills and I feel like if I ask him to help me around the house I should tell him I appreciate that he took the time out of his sleeping time because he works overnight to help me with something

Hellllll no. He excepts it but I don’t get a thank you so why should he?

Well maybe explain that you wouldn’t mind thanking him if you receive them as well. A thank you can go a long way…imagine how you’d feel if you got one too every once in a while. It makes you feel good… You’d feel appreciated and maybe just explain to him how you don’t think its fair he gets the appreciation but you don’t. It might help a lot!

It’s nice to be appreciated for the little things we do regardless. I don’t expect him to thank me for making dinner every night but he does say thank you a great deal of the time. It’s the little things couples do for each other and showing your appreciation is the least of it.

Yep. He thanks me, too. We’re a team.

Yes we work together on housework and all things around the house

No. I don’t agree with patting someone on the back for things they are supposed to do. If he goes above and beyond, sure. But otherwise, that’s the equivalent of a participation trophy in my opinion. Grown people shouldn’t need constant affirmation.

I thank my husband all the time. He also thanks me :heart:

My husband and I thank each other for everything. We dated four months and have been married over 21 years. We treat each other the way we each want to be treated. I never fail to thank him for any and all he does. We still actually LIKE each other on top of our love and we account it to being nice to each other.

1 Like

He’s not my husband, but I thank him daily for everything. He came into our home and took over the male role in our house. He’s done an amazing job, and he didn’t even have to step up the way he did.

Why wouldn’t you thank your man for his time and effort?!:woman_shrugging:

I tell him I appreciate what he does on a regular basis but I don’t specifically thank him for chores. He’s a stay at home parent at the moment so the housework has become his domain while I work. We both do housework when I’m off.

Me and my husband both thank each other for these things. Helps us both know we are appreciated and that the other soes notice the things we do

Yes i do because it’s nice hearing appreciation.
I don’t think its a pat on the back, its an Acknowledgement and Appreciation. Or maybe even just nice manners.
sometimes a nice text every so often to tell him what a great father and husband he is and what a great job he does. It dont always habe to be a holiday to say nice things.
Some partners love language is words of affirmation. Even if we don’t see it as important, they might. If its not hurting you, why not?
I also seen improvement in his helpfulness and better attitde when I do it more often.
I think its part of the reason we are still together after 22 years.

We both thank each other for whatever gets done around the house big or small. Shows appreciation.

1 Like

Absolutely! We are a team and he thanks me as well…

I thank my husband to show I appreciate his help. He works and I stay home, so I’m happy when he pitches in even when he can work sometimes 6 day weeks. I’m glad he does, it’s a big help.

We thank each other. It’s not something that I expect and neither does he but it’s nice to hear. I just say thank you for helping me.

1 Like

i do say thank u but not in a way were hes doing me a favor but because he works alot and he still comes hm and helps out. he also does say thank u to me for the things i do.

we do it because we love each other. not because we want to remind each other of what we do.

1 Like

I do, but he also thanks me for everything I do.

1 Like

Absolutely. Just because it’s “expected” or “normal,” doesn’t mean that he has to do it. And he does the same for me. He thanks me for making dinner or doing the laundry. It’s those little things that remind us that we are appreciated and seen.

1 Like

Husbands need praise. I was told this by a psychologist once.

It should go both ways :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yes because he always thanks me. You get what you give in my opinion!

1 Like

Yes I do as he works the most . Even when he has the kids so I can do my own thing I thank him. He never expects it but I think its polite

1 Like

No… why is he doing you a favour? He’s an adult… he can take care of a home and kids too…

1 Like

Sure…I thank my husband for getting groceries, cooking, anything…I show my appreciation

Yes I respect my husband and apericate his tim and effort

I treat him the way I want to be treated.

I thank mine. Because its usually pretty rare, he is in the army. So he works super long days, I dont expect him to help. I also am a stay at home mom, so it’s just part of my job to keep the house clean.

Of course because either way if he isn’t doing it then I would have to.

I do. It shows that I appreciate what he does for us.

Yes but it should work both ways.

All I can say is it is nice to be appreciated :woman_shrugging:… Its not that YOU owe him a thank you. But if it makes him feel appreciated there is nothing wrong with it I guess.