Doctors say my 8 month old has something viral: Thoughts?

Sounds like RSV… I just went through this myself. Has he been tested for it? You need to take him to the ER, there is something wrong and he needs IV fluids for sure.

3 Likes

I agree with Jodi Collins Howard. Go to the ER and do not give up. Be your baby’s voice and fight for answers.

6 Likes

Do you have a childrens hospital near you? Take him to the best hospital in your area

2 Likes

Go to the ER, no wet diapers and no poop? Def dehydrated and something is going on!

3 Likes

go to a children’s hospital to there ER

Go to the fucking emergency! We are not doctors here! Wtf!!:rage::rage::rage:

2 Likes

Look if this child is not peeing or pooping, you need to go to the ER!! Prayers!!

3 Likes

Pneumonia, RSV, & in worse case scenario cardiomyopathy

3 Likes

This needs attention right away. The baby is too sick to tell you what is wrong. Not going to poop or urineate. Is a problem. Baby need medical attention now, not later.

Take him to someone else. He needs IV fluids now.

1 Like

Go to a children’s hospital. If they don’t listen go to another children’s hospital until someone helps you.

7 Likes

Go to the ER, and don’t give up! When my daughter was 6 weeks old she was very sick and would stop breathing and turn blue…EVERY doctor looked the other way and even an emergency room questioned my mental abilities and eluded to Münchausen syndrome. My sister and my husband had witnessed her stop breathing as well so the last ER believed me. She had bronchitis and had to be put on a respiratory monitor. She was very sick but finding the right medical staff to help was unbelievably difficult. Good luck momma and don’t stop fighting for answers​:disappointed::pray:

7 Likes

If no PEE in 5 days this is dangerous!! Go to ER!!! NOW!

5 Likes

Go to ER and do not leave unril they figure it out… At very least they can hydrate him with an IV. TRUST YOUR MAMA INSTINCT

5 Likes

Never take no for an answer. There is a test they run on little ones that test for everything.
Have them do that test. In 2018, my son was sick for weeks, they kept sending me home. I took him when I saw that his breathing was getting worse. I told them something is wrong and I wasn’t leaving the hospital until something was done. Sure enough he had phneomia and another two viruses that could have been deadly. After running test and looking at xrays, they rushed into the room and did everything they had to do, next thing I knew, he was in surgery. Had a collapsed lung, lung was badly damage due to the phneomia. 30 days in hospital, he grew a new lung. I always tell mommas not to take a no, if you feel something is wrong, you keep taking your little ones in. I could have lost my 1 year old if I waited just a few more hours longer.

8 Likes

He is probably very campy frm not movi his bowels they need to do more extensive tests to find out if he has a blockage . they need to leave no stone unturned…they didnt give him iv to restore fluids balances.get agressive mom this baby needs medical attention now . keep pushing until they find the problem .

1 Like

I agree ER. There is something going on gone if no BM for 5 days and whining.

No bowel movement for FIVE DAYS?!?! That baby needs test ran! Ultrasound/MRI/CT of abdominal region to rule out blockage.

10 Likes

I would take him to the ER. Something is definitely wrong. He sounds dehydrated too. Hugs and prayers

8 Likes

did he get a blood test? if not get his blood checked.

Take that baby to a big city teaching hospital emergency room right away. He is sick and they will find out what is wrong with hi .

2 Likes

I would take him to the Er :cry: just to be safe.

1 Like

Don’t stop til you find out what’s wrong with him. That does not sound like a viral infection at all… prayers for you and your little guy…

2 Likes

Take him to a children’s hospital

1 Like

Go to children’s hospital er

Take the baby to Scottish Rite Hospital.

You need to get that baby to the ER ASAP! Don’t wait!

1 Like

Go to the a pediatric ER that

1 Like

Keep fighting for her. As a parent you know her best

Keep taking him to one Dr after another. Keep a close eye on him. Any odd smells? :heart::pray:

Go to children’s hospital

Def. take to e r to many germs going around. Baby can’t fight that

Just go to children’s. You know your child and they will listen.

No poop for 5 days???
ER at a children’s hospital…NOW!!

Prayers for you, baby and family.:pray::pray::pray:

Prayers he gets better soon!

Take him to the hospital now my lovely

I’m praying for you and your baby, right now!! in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. Amen. healing touch.

Please take your baby to the ER I’m praying

Get her to the ER, now!

Go to the hospital ER

1 Like

Er now Make them listen to you .

Er asap please…do not delay…

Check him for whooping cough

Go to your local children’s hospital. Don’t wait, to NOW. The lack of energy is a deadly sign. I told my husband for two weeks something was wrong with my sons eye. He took him to an urgent care and they said it was just a bacterial infection/pinkeye. A week of antibiotics didn’t clear it up. Took him to his pediatrician, they said something was off but didn’t know what. When my son’s eye started drifting, I took him to Phoenix Children’s. Turns out he’d injured his eye somehow, causing a scratch on his cornea so deep that a part of his colored iris had moved into it and begun fusing, and blinded himself leaving an impact cataract. Had to have two surgeries to restore his sight. Trust your gut, mama.

Take to children’s er

Go to the closest children’s hospital er… if he has dry diapers he is dehydrated and needs fluids. And don’t leave until he has them

Take him to the ER immediately…he needs fluids. It doesn’t take long for a baby to become lethargic…I know from experience. Please go now.

Goodness no pee for 5 days that could be liver or kidney damage. I’m baffled 5 days???

Don’t you have family or friends you talk to that could have suggested the Er alot sooner.

:woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

I pray your baby gets the help it needs asap!

Take him to the emergency room now and do not leave until they figure out what’s going on …be assertive if you have to be .I’ve done this . My daughter was 2 I kept taking her they sent her home 3 times finally I went back said I’m not leaving until you figure out what’s wrong. She had pneumonia and they had never even checked for that…said she didnt have all the symptoms…we were in the hospital for almost a week . She has 3bbags of iv before she peed

3 Likes

My baby is poorly too so I know how tired you are. If he’s having no milk at all… Not even sips go to the hospital xxx

Maybe reflux? My little girl had it and had all the symptoms, hers wasnt severe to be throwing up tho but as soon as she was treated for it (gavison in her bottles) she was like a changed baby x

Take him to a Children’s ER if one is in your area they will be able to help out a lot more than just a regulate ER!!

1 Like

Screw doctors’ offices, go to the ER and get this taken care of!

Yes Go to the ER like now. He needs fluids asap. And demand That they find out what’s wrong with him so he can be treated. At Least at the hospital they can get fluids in him… Go asap. Don’t wait for an appt.

1 Like

Yes definitely the ER… my son was 10 months would drink his formula had a crazy high fever, no wet diapers and was lethargic and only wanted held. We went to dr 3 times for them to say it was just an ear infection, finally brought him to ER where he was admitted, hooked up to IVs for severe dehydration and come to find out the antibiotic he was given for his ears was not helping but making things worse therefore caused him to have no appetite… def go to an ER!! Saying some prayers for you all!

3 Likes

With no pee diapers you should definitely be in the ER

Go to the ER and demand they do something. Sometimes you have to get mean. I’ve gone thru it with my kids- it’s like they are so quick to pass something off as viral. Drives me nuts.

My 2 year old has had the same “viral” problem since October. We’ve been told after 2 rounds of antibiotics, an inhaler , & prednisone we just have to wait it out. She has her days of no pooping eating or drinking but after multiple dr & er visits they just say her immune system is fighting and it’ll all be over soon . She’s never been sick before so I guess it makes sense :woman_shrugging:t2: good luck !

Take him to the emergency room. Have them check for sepsis but get him IV fluids asap. You must be exhausted. I’m so sorry you are both sick but it sounds like he needs immediate intervention.

Take him in ASAP especially with coronavirus going around can’t be to cautious

Not all doctors want to take on diganosing illness in children and will resort to the cookie cutter saying “Oh they have something viral.” " Must be that viral illness going around." They like to pass off the child to the next doctor. Doctors also believe that is you felt your child was in real need of help that you would take the child to the E.R. and not to a doctors office. Go to the E.R. They have a different process.

1 Like

A mother knows!! A mother knows her children and they have that instinct. You are your child’s advocate. You’re his voice

1 Like

Like they said - take him to the emergency room ASAP do not I repeat DO NOT wait for an appt someone I know had same symptoms going on with their son and he was admitted and treated (healthy now) for about 2weeks maybe a little less. But very serious nonetheless!

4 Likes

Just went through this . It acid reflux so they need to change the baby formula and also suffering from constipation …

Girl take him to the ER what are you waiting for!!

Take him to doctors until they find something.

Take him to the ER now asap they will get to the bottom of his problem and get him well. Please don’t wait. prayers for you and your baby. please keep us updated

Does the cough sound wet and forceful when he coughs or does it sound like a seal barking? Take him to the ER ASAP! This child needs fluids and a respiratory consult. He probably has RSV or croup.

1 Like

No wet diapers and lethargy are huge red flags. I’d go to an ER now and demand an IV and monitoring at the very least.

3 Likes

go to the emergency room! there’s a chance the baby will be admitted!

1 Like

Could you please update us when you have the time …would love to know how he is doing

Childrens hospital asap when our almost 17 minth old was five days old he was sick as could be he did have a viral upper respiratory infection caused by allergy but the first er try telling me he was perfectly fine when he was throwing up funeeling threw his nose and turning blue because me and my husband werebcatching he’ll clearing his miuth and nose at same time scariest mommy moment ever

If no wet diapers then definitely emergency room. Also stop the Advil if not urinating that can hurt the kidneys

1 Like

Ya go to hospital. He’s obviously dehydrated. Don’t wait.

McMaster children hospital

Don’t wait another minute, straight to hospital.

Er most definitely momma!

ER immediately mommy!

Ya go to hospital. He’s obviously dehydrated. Don’t wait.

Take him to the ER he needs IV fluids.