Does anyone else get bored in their relationship after a while?

You have to choose every day when you get up in the morning to love them. Sometimes you may not like them, but always choose to love them if they are worth it. It sounds like you have hit a rut; you are both doing the same things every day, and per your post you have tried to spice it up. I think you both need to have activities you enjoy separately, like a hobby or sports, or art, whatever you both like. Try new and different things together and/or separately, as a family or as a couple or solo. Life is an adventure you need to find yours. Please do not think someone else is the answer for him or you. That is just a headache and the grass is not always greener on the other side. Focus on your own ā€œgrassā€ and figure out what it needs. Good luck. Sending you hugs and blessings.

17 Likes

This feeling usually comes from unrealistic expectations. That is how life is. People settle down and get comfortable in their routines and priorities shift from hot passionate sex to going to work and raising your kids. It will Change again eventually.

6 Likes

Everyone goes through this. Its just the season you are in. Stay the course, make your marriage a priority, seek counseling if needed.

9 Likes

Billions of couples go through this. You have to ask yourselfā€¦deeply. What maybe the cause? For both parties. Unhappiness and low sex drive can stem from many things. Job, familyā€¦etc. sometimes a small get away helps tremendously

1 Like

31 years and still going strong, sometimes it is harder than others but spice it up , order something from Adam and Eve, get a baby sitter, go for a romantic walk outside climbing rocks or some places that you have to help each , talk about love , life and your future plans together, plan a romantic vacation with the kids, you can flirt all day , than your fired up when you put the kids to bed, read a romance novel, light candles, just keep trying, it will be worth it.

Been going through this as well let me know when you figure it out

If you want change, you first need to be the one to make it.

If your lost you sex drive and you still love your hubby and find him still attractive, go to your doctor ,alot of women goes through this specially after having a baby

I think all women go through the same feelings. Could you see your husband (he would be your ex remember) with another woman? Laughing and kissing? I would be crushed. I keep that in mind when Iā€™m taking him for granted.

2 Likes

Everyone has these times. Try following @Marriage365 so much good information on making your marriage better. Lots of sex topics discussed as well. If you want to make a better marriage, make a better you.

1 Like

Yes been together almost 5 years we are engaged we have the same problem we make little dates even if itā€™s just going to the store or we watch a movie or TV show and if it gets super bad one of us are relaxing in the tub and the other person talks

I think you need to have a conversation with your partner

40 yearsā€¦ we were friends firstā€¦ then fell in loveā€¦.then sexā€¦ then childrenā€¦ so being IN love has never leftā€¦ sexless at times? Yesā€¦ not liking each other at times? ā€¦ yesā€¦. Bored at times? Yesā€¦.

Butā€¦ he is my sole mateā€¦and Iā€™m in love with him so muchā€¦

One last thingā€¦ always find time to spend togetherā€¦ be creativeā€¦ and itā€™s not about finding ways in the bedroomā€¦ just finding time togetherā€¦ the making love will comeā€¦ not the sexā€¦.( the article mentioned sex)ā€¦ wrong!!! Making loveā€¦.

2 Likes

See your primary physician.