Does birth control cause weight gain?

Fan Question
Karen🦋

I recently got of my birth control which is the depo shot, not beacuse I want to get pregnant but because I’ve been gaining so much weight. Before I got pregnant with my first I weighted 115 lbs(size1-3 in pants) after my first I weighted 130ish( size 5-7) then I had my second baby and after birth I weighted 145 (size 9 in pants) and now with the depo shot for a couple of months I weigh about 160 (11-13 in pants) and its just aloot of belly fat, and its not like i eat a wholeee lot beacuse I get full so easly. I was wondering what types of diet/routine would ya’ll recommend, im 18 yrs and would just like some advice!
my goal is to be 120 lbs.
Thank you in advance

6 Likes

It does make certain people gain weight. Im 27. I have 2 children. When I gave birth to my 2nd I was 119 lbs. I went on the depo immediately. I am now 128 lbs. I’ve been like this for months now but I feel like a cow. I eat alot and I’m not gaining anymore weight. I’m confused on why. I would try to eat small meals throughout the day. Eat fruit. Drink water. If your diet consists of fatty foods it can contribute.