Does it sound like I am having a miscarriage?

So I’m scared, I need advice or if anyone has gone through this. I spotted two days ago; went it, they did an ultrasound. They saw both sac and no fetal pool. Today I go in for my original appointment, and they don’t see a yok sac. I haven’t been cramping, and it wasn’t a lot of blood when I was spotting…I’m just hoping I’m not having a miscarriage

14 Likes

How many weeks are you?

3 Likes

Request to have blood work done to see if your HCG levels are rising. I had an U/S early due to spotting, no fetal pole was seen and now I’m due with my babe on Tuesday!!

2 Likes

As the pregnancy advances, the yolk sac progressively increases from the 5th to end of the 10th gestational week, following which the yolk sac gradually disappears and is often sonographically undetectable after 14-20 weeks.

1 Like

With my daughter all that was seen was a sac then I went in again 2 weeks later and there she was I had spotting on and off

1 Like

I had a fall while pregnant with my boy, had some spotting and cramps but after a very long weekend of worrying myself sick, u/s was ok on the monday and they found heartbeat and everything when I was less worried. Try and keep yourself calm hun ask for another appointment and tell them your fears, my midwifes and hospital team were amazing at reassuring me. My baba is now a very healthy 7 months old. Relax and try not to stress mamma fingers crossed for you x

1 Like

What did the doctor say about it??? Did they say it was a miscarriage or possible miscarriage?

2 Likes

Okay so I’m just going to be giving u what happened to me… so with my oldest son I found out I was pregnant i was like 5 weeks I seriously had severe cramping and blaading that went down to my knees through pants and all I went in n he was still okay they said a blood clot formed when he attached. Then about 1 week later had the same but it was worse way worse! The bleeding was agian bright red n heavy but with blood clots it when down to my ankles n in my shoes… they did an ultrasound n baby way fine with a heart beat! The blood clot ruptured… with my 2nd son I had bad cramping and bleeding agian it was heavy not like with my 1st the cramping was pretty bad I went in all they saw was a yolk sac at 5 weeks… I thought he was gone… That I lost another baby… (I lost my 1st a missed miscarriage) anyway they had me do blood draws n then I had an ultrasound at 9 weeks where I saw my baby n he was fine! I know have 2 handsome boys ages 2.5 an 1 hope this helps it might just be to early hun! Usually miscarriage is very bright red and her heavy bleeding with bad cranps

1 Like

Some ultrasound equipment is better than others. And a transvaginal ultrasound tend to allow them to see more earlier on than belly ultrasounds.

Ask for bloodwork to monitor your levels and additional ultrasounds.

Had that with my boy before 12 weeks, and he was fine, had a misscarrage quite recently, and had a light period for a quite a few weeks before miscarrying it, no cramps or pain, even during the misscarage, everyone is different, 8w6d scan showed baby was perfect, even though I had starting bleeding a week before that scan, lost I just before 12w. I have a suoer high pain tolerance, so I didnt feel it, same with labour with my son, only felt contractions when they were 3min apart, and then it hurt bad at 1min apart. Make sure you have someone around you or people checking in, just so you’re safe and can get to hospital if you feel like something wrong.

Check hcg levels asap

You had JEALOUSY ON YOU IT’S NOW REMOVED YOUR BABY GONNA BE OK ! GOD BLESS YOU. AMENE.

Not to be rude but that sounds that a good question to ask your doctor when you had the exam done

3 Likes

With mine i had no blood went for scan and they couldnt find the yolk sac either then Afew days later I woke up in a pool of blood and had miscarried

If you’re concerned, you should be asking your doctor about it.

1 Like

I have had 9 miscarriages all of them they were able to tell me same day. Normally they do a pelvic sonogram to determine if you are still pregnant. How far along are you?

1 Like

I went to the hospital for spotting and they could only see a gestational sac. That was a month ago and i just had another ultrasound and baby was good and they could see everything and heart was strong. You may be having implantation bleeding and not be far enough along to see much…

What did the doctor say did you ask questions of your concern

1 Like

Depends how many weeks you are…
I went in for my first ultrasound very early i was 5weeks 1day and they could only see a yolk sac no fetal pole. I had to wait and come back in 2 weeks. Longest 2 weeks of my life. But ofcourse there was a strong little heart beat.
Hope all goes well with your pregnancy.

That’s something you should ask your doctor.

8 Likes

Hopefully they’ll do some bloodwork to check your levels. I went every few days and didn’t have any exams. Try to stay level and calm and positive. :heart:

1 Like

How far along are you?

1 Like

I’ve never had one, call your doctor just to be safe

They should check you hgc levels to Make sure they are continuing to rise call your doctor

It could be a blighted ovum. I had one and it sounds very similar.

Same thing happened to me. I found out I was pregnant at only 4 weeks. They saw a sac but nothing inside. I was spotting as well. It took a few weeks for baby to appear. I now have a 3 year old son.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I was only 3 weeks and they told me I would likely miscarriage bc there was no fetal pole. My baby girl is now 5 months old

Early stages it hard to see anything. My dr wouldn’t even send me for ultrasound till after 6 weeks. Hcg levels should double every 2 days to confirm.

2 Likes

When I had my first sonogram (very early on), the doctor could only see the sac and said it was empty. He told me I would probably get my period soon and it would flush out the “waste”. Yes, he was that blunt. I had the other doctor see me after that. When I went in after 3 more at home pregnancy tests that were positive AND a test at the local health department, the other Dr wanted to check my hcg levels and they were almost 10 times higher than my last visit. He did the transvaginal ultrasound and could see the baby and his heart beating just fine. I was earlier than the other dr had calculated. What the 2nd doctor didn’t see until my 16 week sonogram… was the 2nd baby hiding behind his brother.
Be patient, talk to your doctor, if you’re still uncertain, seek another opinion.

If your very early in pregnancy they won’t see a yolk sac. My doctor told me not to even go for an ultrasound before 7wks because they wouldn’t see much, especially if my dates were off.
I had the exact same thing happen to me and unfortunately I did have a miscarriage at like 5wks but I also had spotting with my daughter and she was perfectly fine. Generally if the spotting doesn’t last long or progress to bleeding its not a huge worry. Doing beta hcg levels a day or 2 apart gives far more accurate information than an ultrasound in the early weeks.

Get bloodwork done. Check your levels.

How many weeks in are you?

2 Likes

They usually say if they expect you will miscarry. Did they do your bloods to check HCG? Fingers crossed everything is ok for you.

Sorry to hear this is probably a blighted ovum

1 Like

That’s what happened to me. And unfortunately it was considered a miscarriage. But there was never a baby in the sac. I’m sorry you’re going through This. I’m hoping and praying your outcome is different than mine was.

2 Likes

Its called a missed abortion. I had the same thing happen.

the doctor needs to give you all the information including possible outcomes and what they will do in those situations. speak up and demand it. this is your body and your child’s body.

4 Likes

Depends on how far along you are. Earlier in the pregnancy the baby needs a yolk sac, eventually it goes away and it gets its nutrients straight from the placenta and you.

1 Like

Babygirl I had a full on hemorrhage at 11 weeks… body went into shock even the ambulance crew said i had miscarried. There was so much blood and clots theres no way baby would have survived… hours later I had an ultrasound to make sure my womb was clear… and the little dude literally put a little hand in the air as if to say 'hey im OK mama" the doctor was like :o bed rest for 6 weeks. And my little bundle is now 17 months :slight_smile: please don’t lose hope. Put yourself on bed rest and demand a better explanation from your docs. Xxx

16 Likes

Hugs
Sorry you have to go thru this. :frowning:

Praying for you. There is little support I can give. But know you are not alone no matter the outcome x

1 Like

I had a similar experience with my third child, I have PCOS so my periods were strange. When I went in for my first ultrasound they could only see a yolk sac no fetal pole, second ultrasound was a fetal pole but no heartbeat. They sent me to the lab every three days for a week then redid the ultrasound. The labs had shown my HCG was increasing the the third ultrasound did show a heartbeat. Turns out my period cycles were of course out of schedule and therefore the pregnancy was early, too early really detect much on ultrasound. The first PCP diagnosed it as a blighted ovum and wanted me to take medication to resolve it, I trusted my gut and waited to see an OB. The OB was angry with the PCP that recommended the medication because I would have terminated a viable pregnancy. I would honestly ask for your level to be checked and see an OB that has experience in reproductive health. Best of luck :heart:

It happened to me also and I miscarried

Yes I had a blighted ovum. This is exactly what happened. Where there was no fetal pole i’d say u may be early but without the yolk sac now I don’t think it’s viable.

I spotted when I had my twins. They’re 14now. Hoping all is well with you.

I just had a miscarriage a little over a week ago. No cramps and not much bleeding. I mainly had some spotting, went in at 7 weeks and everything was great. Stopped spotting a couple days later. Went in for original appt at 8 weeks, everything was great, baby was growing right on track and had a strong heartbeat. Turned 9 weeks, had even slighter spotting that morning, it was a Sunday so I called first thing Monday morning. Went in mid day Monday and they couldn’t find a heart beat and there was no blood flow to the baby. Never had any cramps, very light spotting.

It’s probably different for everyone but when I had a miscarriage I was in Extreme pain for quite awhile and bleeding. It’s possible to have some spotting and the baby be fine. Praying that’s not what’s happening :heart:

Happend to me and it was in fact a miscarriage

Well I dont know about any one else but it seems like they would be a.little more concerned about the sake and would be keeping u till they made sure their wasent a problem

You go by the date of your last period and count weeks. By the time you test you are normally 4/5 weeks along. Or ⅔ weeks since you ovulated.

What is the most important is if they have doubled in 72 hours.

1 Like

You need to see what it is in two days. Next week won’t be any help.

See a doctor. Not trying to be rude but we can’t see inside your uterus and getting mixed information from strangers on the internet won’t do anything but scare you and stress you out.

7 Likes

It doesn’t sound like you’re having a miscarriage. It sounds like there’s some confusion on how far along you are. Best bet is to see your midwife/ob and get an ultrasound to confirm gestation.

3 Likes

Honestly, you should address these concerns with your doctor. Getting information from different people is just going to confuse you more and drive you crazy until next week. If you’re that worried see if they will take your numbers again in 2 or 3 days. That number should have at least doubled by then. Good luck and try not to stress.

My numbers were high. I found out I was pregnant with twins.

Wait I’m so freaking confused …

They should not be retesting in a week. They should be retesting in 48-72 hours. There is no way for us to know based on the lab value you currently have. They have to see if the number increases in 48-72 hours.

I haven’t had a miscarriage but the fact that your levels aren’t going down and you’re not cramping or bleeding is a good sign. Just try to relax and stay as stress free as possible. Congratulations on your rainbow baby!

8 Likes

You don’t have to have cramping or bleeding to have a miscarriage. I had none of that, just felt a weird mild twinge in my groin at 7-8 week, requested an early appointment, and found out then. We had heard the heartbeat for the 2 weeks prior, and my hcg levels double appropriately at the very beginning. Every pregnancy and every miscarriage are different. Don’t trust google. Ask your doctor, and ask for a copy of your lab results. They should be doing progesterone levels in addition to the hcg. Best of luck, Mama!

1 Like

I don’t know anything about numbers … I just know if you start bleeding profusely and blood clots the size of your liver start dropping out, you’re having a miscarriage.

4 Likes

I was 4wks and my numbers were 718 I’m currently 37wks. Numbers don’t determine multiples nor do they determine problems unless they’re not doubling. If you’re not cramping or bleeding I wouldn’t worry and I would talk to your dr if you’re concerned about miscarriage.

4 Likes

Ive had a miscarriage and my hcg numbers dropped significantly over a few days. Maybe you’ll have an easy pregnancy😊 currently 7 weeks myself with #3, and my symptoms didn’t start until a week ago.

When I had my miscarriage my Progesterone started dropping. I had a missed miscarriage so my HCG and everything were normal because my body didn’t register that the baby had stopped growing and no longer had a heartbeat. I wish the best for you

2 Likes

I was on fertility drugs for 3 years. The first time I miscarried. The second the doctors were super cautious about everything. They monitored me a lot more, just because of my past. Dont worry unless abnormal things start to happen. It is easy to say don’t worry, but very hard to do. Hang in there!

Numbers should increase… double in 24 hours. I’ve had 2 ectopic pregnancies last year. Both pregnancies were at 600ish around 7 weeks when I miscarried…
I’m currently 36 weeks pregnant (expecting 1 child) and my hcg levels for this pregnancy at 7 weeks were at 17,000 hcg.

2 Likes

When I found out I was pregnant at five weeks my numbers were so high they thought I was four months pregnant, so don’t let numbers get to you! My baby girl is about to celebrate her 1st birthday

1 Like

First off don’t believe Google it doesn’t have a medical degree. Talk to your doctor about it

6 Likes

Dont barrow tomorrow’s troubles, I know it is hard to not stress it worry after having a miscarriage, but try to relax and rest

1 Like

I was told with this pregnancy that the higher the number in the beginning, the better. Lower end numbers can indicate miscarriage. Higher numbers usually indicate a healthy start to the pregnancy.

1 Like

Ask your doctor to explain it to you better. Increasing HCG is generally good but there are ranges and lots of other factors. Researching online instead of asking your doctor is just going to stress you out and result in contradictory information that may have nothing to do with your situation. Just remain calm and assume you are pregnant and ask the doctors all the questions you want. Email or call the advice nurse if you think of stuff after you leave the office. Call back. Get the answers you need and stay calm.

Sounds like multiple babies with your levels reading that high if you KNOW you’re only 2-3 weeks

2 Likes

All I remember is that your HCG level is supposed to double every 2 days through the first trimester. As long as it’s going up you should be fine…just be careful of any cramping or bleeding.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re fine to me?? I bled with my daughter at first too but it went away. I wouldn’t worry until you know for sure

Breathe momma. One thing I know, stressing will make anything worse. Your numbers seem fine, and you and your baby deserve some calm thoughts. I was so incredibly worried with my rainbow baby pregnancy I gave myself problems.

2 Likes

See your doctor FB isnt the place for finding out if you are about to have a miscarriage.

1 Like

Mine was around 300 at 5 weeks, shes a healthy almost 10 month old now. Every pregnancy is different.

1 Like

2 to 3 weeks is actually 4 to 5 weeks. 2 weeks is ovulation and 3 weeks is a week after ovulation. Your hcg from 1 to 3 weeks should be under 5

The number by itself means nothing, you need checked again in 48 hours to see if they’re double.

High hcg levels don’t have any correlation to multiples.

1 Like

I’m part of a group where there is a LOT of talk about HCG.

There is a huge range of normal for early HCG numbers but they should be doubling approx every 48 hours.

Unfortunately having high HCG numbers doesn’t always mean its viable as it could be an ectopic or PUL, or sometimes something just happens and by the time you get a dating scan there is no heartbeat.

However as long as its consistently rising then that’s a great sign.

Numbers also plateau at some point around the 6 week mark which means there is no longer big increases and that’s perfectly normal.

I know for myself at 6 weeks my numbers were in the vicinity of 17,000. But others have higher or lower.

There is a hugely massive range of normal for HCG.

1 Like

One set of numbers doesn’t tell much. They need to test again in 48 hours and they need to double. Good luck

1 Like

Why would you be miscarrying with such high numbers?
What makes you think you are are you bleeding

1 Like

Keep in mind Google is not a DR

1 Like

I would really only worry if you start bleeding

1 Like

If your not cramping or bleeding don’t worry

High number is good. Low number is bad. However take it easy and hope everything is ok.

I was 2-4 weeks and my hcg was 721. Mine was ectopic.

2 Likes

Hope this helps, I had to get my HCG levels done with my son last year and I still have my app with my results, which on top and I’m guessing the standard levels depending the GA for other weeks.

should check a progesterone with the quantitative hcg…
then hcg re-check in 2-3 days and should double…

hcg has a large range of “normals”

1 Like

Y’all ladies are lucky as hell they have a doctor give you that much information tell my doctor said congratulations you’re pregnant see you next month and that was about it for all three of my pregnancies

3 Likes

Honestly according to when I was supposed to have ovulated I would have been at 11 weeks rn. However I ovulated later than usual and based on the ultrasound I’m a week behind. They knew when I went for my blood work and they were worried I might be miscarrying. Instead it was just bc I wasn’t as far as they thought. I’m currently ten weeks and going strong

As long as your numbers keep going up I wouldn’t worry. When I was pregnant, I found out at about 6 weeks and my quant was 50,000. When they did my ultrasound they were looking for a twin pregnancy. Lol. Nope just one and I never had cramping or bleeding.

So very sorry prayers

Sorry never.Good luck.

I had the exact same thing happen to me twice now, one ended in miscarriage and I’m currently 31 weeks pregnant with the other :blush:. Hormone level differ for everyone, so they are really hard to go off of. I would just stay calm and take it day by day. The only way you can know if your going to miscarry, is if the levels go down. But as long as they are rising, I wouldn’t worry

Levels are not always accurate. The most accurate way to determine gestational age is an ultrasound. However, if your levels do not increase so much in a certain time frame, it may be a miscarriage

1 Like

I never got my readings as I didn’t get a blood test done for mine, but in early preg meetings they tried to tell me I was less than I was. I ovulated early but basing on the whole 14th day bs they were trying to convince me I started before my previous cycle. It wasn’t a fake cycle, the average doesn’t mean its the same in everyone. There was zero chance with my condition that I got preg when they were saying by adding 2 weeks onto it.
Basically their equipment was more accurate apparently in telling me my cycle than when I’d actually recorded it for the entire previous year :roll_eyes:

Idk if this helps at all, just my experience.
No they’re not accurate unless you’re ‘the average’ which ironically most aren’t

You could be expecting more than 1 baby

I went to the er with a really horrible uti that was turning into a kidney infection
I knew I was pregnant I told them they said I was 2-3 weeks
I went to the doctor for my OBGYN appointment 2 days later and got the ultrasound and I was in fact over 6 weeks

You need to see if your numbers increase in 2-3 days not next week

Hope everything is well💕 and congratulations on the bundle of joy

How are you calculating? From your first day of your last period or from the day you believe you conceived… that plays on dates.