Does Kyleena cause irregular periods?

I have had the Kyleena for almost 2 years, regular periods throughout, and now I have missed my period by a week and started spotting brown blood the last two days. Is this normal? Could I be pregnant?

3 Likes

My IUD always did this

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Does Kyleena cause irregular periods? - #2 by AshleyLynch - Mamas Uncut

Call your doctor please!

make an appointment with your medical provider

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Does Kyleena cause irregular periods? - #2 by AshleyLynch - Mamas Uncut

Most likely you are indeed pregnant . Brown spotting is old blood not fresh blood . I’d be getting a test

2 Likes

These are questions you should be asking your Dr. instead of Facebook

1 Like

Very low chance of pregnancy, the hormones can do that even after years of having it, it can be a sign of infection if in any pain etc. Another problem with iud’s is that they can perforate the tissue and they can fall out, remember to check your string and if you have any concerns then please speak to a doctor or other health professional.

Periods over time usually become shorter, lighter, or may stop. I found this on the website.

i got a kyleena iud last may and now i don’t have a period. it was super light last summer then nothing

This issue should not be discussed on Facebook speak to your doctor. What’s wrong with you people

3 Likes

Omgsh talk to your doctor! Not strangers. What is wrong with this group???