Does my mom have a right to be mad at me?

I think your mom was too worried about looking “bad” in front of her neighbor but honestly fuck the neighbor lmao. You just wanted your kid to have HIS things to play with. Your mother is overreacting times 10.

Your mom has to live next door to this person. That’s probably why she got upset, but you were not wrong by getting your son’s things to play with.

1 Like

Why did your Mom say you overreacted & it wasn’t that serious??
By your description you simply went home and got his toys and came back … Did you yell at the other Mom/Cause a scene???
If you did, then I agree with your mother, it wasn’t that big of a deal, she or the little girl wanted their scooter back, not a big deal just give it back and move on. Your mother has to live with these neighbors not you.
If you simply went and got his things to play with & kept quiet, there’s nothing wrong with that!

6 Likes

That’s a weird thing for your mom to be mad about. She needs to relax

4 Likes

No all you did was fetch your kid his toys, what’s wrong with that!?

7 Likes

I don’t understand what you did wrong here? Why is she mad at you?

8 Likes

Mom needs to chill out

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s a big deal and the the other mom probably just didn’t want your child to get hurt or anything especially since you were leaving It sounds like regular behavior kids will always argue over toys even when they learn to share no one should be mad over something so simple

1 Like

I feel like we aren’t getting all the information. Did you not let the girl use your son’s stuff or something?

5 Likes

The problem was not getting his scooter it was the owner kill
Of all the other toys. It smacks of oh so he can’t play on her scooter let’s see which toy she might want to play with and tell her no so the other mom feels the same as this mom did.

6 Likes

I don’t see it’s a big deal.

3 Likes

All you said was that you’d be right back you didn’t yell or talk to other mom about what even happened

2 Likes

It was petty, you’re natural instinct should’ve been to go get your son

7 Likes

Ugh… yeah… moms house… moms rules… just cause the other lady was stupid… you don’t have to play. Teach your children to take no gracefully.

I’am making over $140 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18969 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://dollarearningjob2121.pages.dev/

1 Like

How is going to get his things from your house to play with over reacting??

Mum needs to chill out!

4 Likes

You’re both in the wrong.

2 Likes

What exactly was told by neighbor in your absence? Cause that don’t make sense. She grabbed your kid off the scooter?? She should be happy you did adult shit :unamused:cause me? Nah. I get if she didn’t want to share scooter but it’s touching someone else’s kid for me. I’d throw HANDS!

Wait why is she mad at you for getting his belongings if you had no ill feeling and just wanted to make your son happy as long as you wasn’t gonna do the same to the lil girl just cuz her moms a Karen that’s stuff I’ll never understand my mom always taught us sharing is caring and if you don’t have enough to go around for everyone then don’t bring it out in front of everyone and if we had food you can beat the kids playing did I would just let my mother know I’m doing as you raised us to do is share the mother didn’t do I went to get his things so nothing was blown up but yet you get mad at me she probably thinks your trying to one up the mom now but if you really wasn’t trying to do that then she has to understand or be mad good luck

1 Like

I have to agree with you because I would have done the very same thing.

2 Likes

Your Mom may have very good rapport with her neighbors and your reaction was a little too much.

I’d say you did well not to be confrontational towards the other mother for taking your son off the scooter and if your son was happily playing on a scooter why not go get his so he can continue enjoying playing whilst at your mums. I wouldn’t take a child off my children’s stuff unless they was causing damage to it but each to their own.

8 Likes

Maybe grandma was upset because she brought more than the scooter. Maybe she thought that she was showing off by bringing the skateboard, roller skates and remote control car. Especially if she doesn’t always bring theses things with them to grandma’s house.I would definitely ask what part specifically did she feel like her daughter over reacted. This way she an correct it so that it won’t happen in the future.

2 Likes

Your mother will get over it. :person_facepalming::person_tipping_hand:

5 Likes

Did u say anything to the neighbor? I don’t understand why she would be mad unless maybe (like me) u yelled something at them in the process

1 Like

I don’t get the problem with her ??? You weren’t gone long AND you came back with Toys ??? At least you didn’t pack up the kids and take them home ( an option) . I would try to talk to her.

8 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about it. Maybe the lady didn’t want anyone to get hurt on it. It’s your mom’s place so she probably doesn’t want trouble. And if you were staying for awhile you should have brought his toys

Yes, you overrreacted. And are raising an entitled dickhead.
“Oh, I can’t use yours?” Lemme run home and get mine PLUS show you up just bcuz I’m a spoiled, entitled dickhead brat.”

I would have done the same

2 Likes

I would’ve done the same. Where the other adults were determines in what order though. If that lady touched my son I would’ve gotten off and told her not to do that again. I was right there and she could’ve told me. THEN I would’ve gotten all my kids things.

6 Likes

I. Would have done the same

1 Like

Sharing is caring be the bigger person

1 Like

You were not over reacting!

Wait what? How is you going to get your sons things overreacting? Your mom is the one overreacting and needs to calm the hell down

6 Likes

Nah not at all if she won’t share he can have his things!

2 Likes

I like what you did. Matter of fact if that little girl was to try to ride any of your son’s stuff I would go tell the mother that she can because you’re not selfish.

5 Likes

I’am making over $140 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17090 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless
Chk This—>> https://DollarBenefits1851.pages.dev/

1 Like

I think u did what any caring mom would do. He would have been sad otherwise. It nice outside. And letting him share with that little girl will teach everyone involved a very valuable lesson. Ur so. Will flourish from your teachings. Always be kind.

2 Likes

You did the right thing, your mom is overreacting to the situation. You handled this very mature. I’m sure your child felt better to see his things. The other parent should be ashamed to take that away from your child. I know the kids are wondering what they did wrong, for it to be taken away. But just explain to your child that he didn’t do anything wrong. I would’ve done the same as you.

2 Likes

First of all nobody and I repeat NOBODY is touching my child, it would have been on and Poppin the second she touched my child

8 Likes

How is nobody speaking on someone touching someone else’s child nope nope nope

3 Likes

Did they put their hands on your child to take him off the scooter? If so I surely would have done way more than gone to get his things.

3 Likes

Good for you! You’re a great mom

6 Likes

Sounds like this has nothing to do with the scooter, etc. Talk to her - ask her what’s going on. There’s real love here - you’ll work it out.

3 Likes

No I would have done the same but I also would have spoke up to the girls mom bc she shouldn’t have handled your child at all she should have asked whose child he was and then asked if you could have him get off of the toy bc it needs to go inside now. So no you’re not wrong but I’d definitely of made a scene bc no one should be handling anyones children that aren’t their own they should always go to that child’s parent or ask who is that child’s parent and ask for them to take care of their child. I’d never expect anyone to handle my children unless they were in immediate danger or hurting another person.

5 Likes

Your mother is overreacting. Not you honey.

11 Likes

I see nothing wrong with your behavior. That other mom was being selfish

8 Likes

Nah your moms overreacting because my mom woulda sent me home to grab his scooter AND ice cream for all the other kids- welcome to pettyville :sunglasses::rofl:

11 Likes

How are you overreacting when the neighbor removed your kid amd took her kids scooter you had every right to go get his things so he could play

6 Likes

The old me would have acted a damn fool. Even if she didn’t touch your child I would have acted up letting her know my child got his own shit and where she can shove that scooter that my son was not allowed to ride. That would have been overreacting and gave your mom a right to be mad cause she has to live there amongst that neighbor. But what you actually did was the best way to handle it. Just go get him his own stuff so there’s no problem. AND I would even allow the little girl to play on his stuff to show the other mother how sharing works and that we are not a petty and selfish family.

It’s your mom so you may need to apologize just to smooth things over because that relationship means a lot. But personally I think you handled the situation very well.

On another note, I hope that lady didn’t touch your kid cause that when I lose all maturity and reasoning. Somebody’s gonna need to call the po-po to get me up off of her. Sorry not sorry

I feel like that ain’t what she’s upset about because that’s just stupid and moms are rarely that. Time for a sit down convo

7 Likes

Nah. You just eent and got your kids toys so he could play with his stuff since the neighbor was and ass

My mom and dad were the same way. In the end they are your children and as the mom you did what you felt was right. I commend you for not making a scene and handling the situation logically and rationally.:+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

You did nothing wrong!!

3 Likes

You could’ve just get 1 thing not the whole store lol yeah you were to much

1 Like

You did the right thing

3 Likes

The wrong one here is the neighbour.

9 Likes

Petty but I’m so here for it! :smile:

2 Likes

No, she doesn’t have a right! Those are your children, and you will do as you please regarding them! Regardless of her neighborhood or not! The neighbor is who your mother should be angry with! She was overreacting, and petty!! Only three years old for Pete’s sake!:triumph:

3 Likes

I thought you were going to say you went to the neighbor’s house to tell her not to touch your child again. You did nothing wrong at all, he wanted to play and for whatever reason the neighbor’s mom didn’t want him on her scooter (100% within her right, she just had no business physically touching your child) so you ran to get his. No big deal. Your mom is weird for even getting mad about that.

9 Likes

You should have just got a scooter. You were angry and trying to prove a point to the neighbor by bringing all the other stuff.

2 Likes

Neither are wrong. I personally wouldn’t of gone home (drive 10 mins) to grab my child’s toys, Just explain his are at home and he can use them later. If you lived next door (walking distance) then yeah going home to get them is fine.

1 Like

You “didn’t want to make a scene”, so you were upset and went home and overcompensated for the neighbor taking a 3 year old off of something that is her child’s?
Can your mom be mad?? Sure, she feels how she feels. I happen to agree with her.
You were butthurt that this neighbor denied your child from riding the scooter.
I’m sure that your mother picked up on your vibe.

7 Likes

The fact that you didn’t choose violence speaks volumes!!! I would have gotten out of my car and had words with lil girls mama.

6 Likes

I would of done the same

My one and only question when reading this. Is why in heck is someone OTHER than you or your mom touching your child?? Even if it was simply moving him off of the dang thing I would have immediately went over and had a chat with that parent. You don’t EVER touch someone else’s kid without clearing it with their parents. And even THEN I feel that’s just NOT your place.

9 Likes

It all depends on the tone. If your kid was not upset and you yelled from the car… Yelp over reacted. But if your kid was upset and you simply said hang on I’ll be right back. No, you simply provided for your kid.

I just can’t wrap my head around your mom never taught you to ask? Did I read that right? It’s sweet your mom is the neighborhood hangout. But if neighbor mom had a rule about the scooter, it should be respected.

Over reacting? I for sure would have gone to the neighbours about her touching my child. Getting his stuff was the right way to go. Now he has something to play with. :woman_shrugging:t3: I don’t see the problem tbh.

3 Likes

Why was she mad? I don’t get it.

4 Likes

Maybe it sounded mean or sarcastic when yelling you’d be right back?? Lol. Or did she mean to say you were overreacting because you went home and got all his stuff? Cuz that makes no sense. I can sort of tell what kind of reaction you likely had by the way you wrote this stating, about how tbe lady walked over and physically removed your son and instead of getting out and making a scene you just left. Like I think you might have thought yoi had cause to “make a scene” and you did not. Not at all. Some ppl like to keep theor kids stuff nice and they don’t want other kids to play with expensive toys because kids are rough and break stuff and accidents happen… you felt annoyed and angry that the mom took your child off the scooter while her kid was over at your moms playing playing and getting fed. And I get that. I would have said something because she could have talked to your son let him finish his turn then asked him to bring it to her instead of pulling him off. I wanna bet more was said from you than just BRB! You probably mumbled some stuff under your breath or out tbe window as you drove off or when you got back started acting with a sort of attitude like here ya go son here’s your stuff play with it all you want. Or something idk what else was said but cone on, Im sure more words came out in annoyance. Especially when your family was sharing with her kid and she acted like that would have set me a bit crooked too. But that lady was rude about it and she deserved a little attitude. How else could your mom really think you were overreacting and taking it too seriously!? You think you’re entitled to male a scene iver something like that I would just roll my eyes over and kill her with kindness and say thanks for the ride I’ll go get his so he doesn’t touch hers anymore. And then I would have brought the stuff over and made a big extra deal about how the little girl could feel free to use any of his stuff right in front of the mom so she just felt that little jab at her by showing whose the bigger person… I’m sure you gave her some attitude and your mom is upset because she has to live there everyday all day, tbats her house and her neighbors. She clearly enjoys the company and obviously doesnt want any issues with the neighbors over anything Especially something silly like that.

Seems like much ado about nothing…You did what you thought was right, nothing more.

Id have gotten all this stuff and than invited the neighbor kid to play with them too. Because kids should share.

Drove 10 minutes out of the way because some one didn’t want your child to be on their child’s scooter lol :laughing:

3 Likes

Admit it, you had an I’ll fix her reaction. Kids grow up having to be entertained, rather than learning to entertain themselves by using their imagination. Just maybe she didn’t want anyone to get hurt on it. Two of our kids ended up with broken feet from riding them. Teaching our kids to adjust to ALL situations, is a gift. Your Mother is right.

1 Like

I believe you did. Your child would have survived without a scooter for awhile. To drive out of the way, I believe is an over reaction. Also all the comments about the neighbor touching your child is a little over the top also. She didn’t hurt him or do anything inappropriate. Not that big of a deal. Was it the right thing to do?…maybe not. Who knows maybe they were going out and she had to bring it in before they left or maybe she is not a nice person but my motto is Pick and choose your battles. Life is way too short to make such big issues out of things that should never be an issue at all.

I would have done the same thing . Although the moment someone touched my son is the moment I lose my :poop:

6 Likes

I’d do the same girl!!!

2 Likes

Our kids have lots of outside toys. When we go anywhere without them and other kids are outside riding on stuff we always feel like “crap,we should have brought their bikes/scooters”. 4th of July was a perfect example. But we lived much further away so we weren’t about to go get them. If we still lived in the area we were in that we would have. But we were with friends, it wasn’t a similar situation. We have taken our kids scooters to the park and other kids have wanted to ride while our kids were playing on the playground, which I allowed as long as the parent was ok with it.

Did you maybe say something to the neighbor mom that might have made your mom feel that way? If not I don’t understand why she would be upset.

No he wanted to play you got his stuff

1 Like

Another adult put hands on your child. Even top remove them is not ok. She should have asked that your son get off, and if she did, and he didn’t listen, she should talked to you or another adult.

You did not overreact at all.

3 Likes

U did the right thing. But I wldnt’t of been so nice to the lady touching my child :person_shrugging:, she had no right. IDC who likes or agrees or disagrees wit my comment. If the mom didn’t want anyone else playing wit it she shldve kept it on her property in the first place. U didn’t see the little girl getting upset over it? It’s called sharing and alot of parents don’t know how to do that as an adult.

3 Likes

That’s very nice of you, Just ignore the small emotional outburst of mom being upset she’ll get over it,

Do whatever you want. Your kids :woman_shrugging:t3: I don’t think you were hurting anyone by doing that. Yo mama can chill.

How and in what world is that overreacting just by going home to get his stuff i mean seriously there’s nothing wrong with that

1 Like

You may have gone over the top. Maybe the little girls told no one was to tide her scooter but her and mom was enforcing the rule. You didn’t get enough info to go crazy!

You went and got his toys? What’s the problem?

Something is up with your mom and that neighbor? Do a little digging? Has your mom had an issue with the lady?

Why do I feel like the neighbor has some issues/bias?

I would have done the same thing.