Does this sound like sleep regression?

This might be a little long but…I can’t tell if my toddler is going thru sleep regression or just done taking naps :weary: but either way I’m exhausted. Starting at 8 months she only took 1 hour naps per day. By 1 1/2 I had to start waking her up in the mornings (around 7) or she would sleep in and stay up late. She’s now 2 1/2 years old and I still wake her up at seven am and wake her from her naps otherwise she will sleep all day and be up all night. She normally naps around 12 or 1 but lately she either hasn’t taken a nap or almost falls asleep around 5. Is this normal? How long does sleep regression last? Oh also I am taking her out every day on walks and to the park to get her energy out. She hasn’t been fussy or more cranky than usual. Thank you in advance

1 Like

my son was done with naps before 3…hes almost 5 and he will very rarely take a nap

I think 3 out my 4 kids stopped napping between 2 1/2 to 3 years old. They stated getting in more of schedule from waking about 7 and going to bed about 7 or 7:30. My youngest we couldn’t go anywhere after 3pm because if we did she fall asleep in car and even if she fell for only 20 minutes she be up till midnight.

My younger son was done taking naps by 18 months :tired_face: he is very very active and gets plenty of stimulation. He’s now almost 4 years old. I wake him up at 7am, for preschool mostly, and he goes to sleep by 730pm. No naps. If he does, even 20mins, he’s up past 10pm.
No advice, other than play around with it. You’ll be able to gauge if they still need the nap based on their mood after skipping it a couple times.

Mine was done napping at 9 months. If she happens to fall asleep on a busy day she won’t go to bed. Mine always is cranky by 5 we eat wash up and usually in bed by 730. I don’t let her sleep if it’s preventable.

My older two kids cut naps out completely by 18 months. Up for 12 hours, then down for 12 hours. We worked around an 8-8 schedule. If they napped (car rides come to mind) then they would be up until 10 or 11.

My youngest is the only extended napper I have. He is almost 3 and takes naps for 1-2 hours on weekdays right after lunch, but only when the big two are at school. On weekends with them home he usually won’t settle so skips his nap but is tired early around 7pm. Bedtime is usually 9pm.

She done taking naps.

Heather Baker did you write this!?

My girl is 3 and hasnt taken naps in about 2.5 years old. Her Dr said its normal and most children stop napping at the age of 2.5-3, some early and some later.