Dreading Christmas, what do I do?

He’s a douchebag! He just does not give a F and you need to decide what you are even doing with him.

3 Likes

The fact he’s worried bout the ex family more than the current says a lot! Huge red flag

10 Likes

Here’s how you do it. You just tell him we are doing Christmas and the healthy thing for you to do is to get me something and my daughter something we will probably get you something because I’m not going to be second or feel bad ever again or see my daughter hurt or feel like her mom won’t stand up for herself so If I were you I best be stepping and getting on those gifts…Merry Christmas :santa: :christmas_tree: :heart:

2 Likes

Uh… and ur with him still heck no. Why’s he so worried about ex mother in law and can’t do shit for you. Boy byeee

Remember this. His ex is his ex for a reason. It might even be THIS reason. Leave him to wallow in his own mess. This is just how he is.

6 Likes

I would be looking for me a new place to stay even if I had to put application in low income I would leave him and not look back.

5 Likes

Put two wings on your heel and fly away he will never change careful what you are teaching your daughter

5 Likes

It’s nice of him to make his children’s mother and grandma a priority on holidays, but you should also be a priority. I’d feel hurt, if my husband acted this way.

3 Likes

He has a year till Xmas to buy something…. Don’t be anyone’s temper tantrum ing afterthought . Xx

4 Likes

I’d get rid . It’s nice he considers hus ex mil but that has nothing to do with the fact he completely ignores you ! Once you’ve got rid, if he asks why he’s now an ex just tell him you fancied a night gift next Christmas and being important in hus life for him to consider you . He’s taking you for granted .
If you don’t get rid , next Christmas get him ball all , if he asks tell him you bought your ex instead .

3 Likes

That’s messed up.i would not b with him

2 Likes

Either accept it or move on :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Get rid of him let him go live with his exes

5 Likes

Well you keep him around knowing these things… people treat you how you let them. Remember that.

7 Likes

Doesn’t sound like he is ready to be a boyfriend

1 Like

Are you just there to look after him? Sounds like it. He thinks more of his ex and ex mother in law. Let him go live with them. He knew he upset you last year, but he has done the same again. Get Rid

8 Likes

I just dont see the reason for tge exwife and ex mother in law urgency of a gift… they’re “Ex’s” he should be that worried and that focused on you and your daughter’s gifts and happiness , I full agree for his kids… but the ex’s naahh… smn aint right…

2 Likes

Stuff that…I had a MIL who bought xmas gifts for my exes girlfriend who happened to be a close friend at the time but not me (notice i say ex) not that her gifts were nice or anything but it was very hurtful so it was either me or his mum…I chose his mum…good riddance…those were very hurtful times especially since we had young kids…get out of there fast

Let him go back to his ex and her mother.

6 Likes

He’s a loser. Why invest time in him. Save yourself get away now

2 Likes

He sounds like he has narcissistic tendencies. Anything to ruin holidays and keep the spotlight on himself.

3 Likes

He doesn’t respect or love you :eyes: at the real picture…

Why is he giving his ex-mother in law flowers, & you nothing?? If that was me,I’d be gone with my kids.

10 Likes

I’m widow I have 5 kids I bought them all nice gifts…I didn’t even get a card for anyone them…no card no gift nothing…I cried all night because of fact im.not even in their thoughts at all…no text call visit nothing…I live alone I get lonely I thought maybe xmas they come but none of them didnt…pray for me please I’m already axiety…but I agree and feel way u do he has no respect u deserve more people will do what u allow them to do…prayers for u

2 Likes

No big deal, be thankful he is alive and you have him. Materials don’t have emotions, or feelings. Stop making a big deal out of it. You allowed it to go on this long.

Pack his ssssss and say by bro

1 Like

Sorry only answer I have to give is: love yourself , respect yourself, love and respect your child more!! He is not worth keeping !

4 Likes

How long will you continue doing this? It is not good for you. And the ex’s buying for them is is very demeaning for you. Stop this or let him go. Because deep down you are you are hating him. Not good for you or your children.

1 Like

He wouldn’t get nothing let him see how it feels, Christmas valentine or Father’s Day

6 Likes

Another thing is it’s very disrespectful to you , and just why should he pout and get angry he has no right, are you just a shadow person living in his EX’s shadow.

3 Likes

Kick him to the curb sounds like a big baby.

6 Likes

Not over reacting. My husband made me things. Any chance he had to get away from me, he spent that time being thoughtful. We spent most of our money on the kids and did what we could for each other. The last person on his mind should be his ex mother in law. Are you kidding me?

1 Like

Seam he more worried about it ex motherlaw the you or the kids I would send his ass packing why is he so dam worried about his ex mother-in-law he should be more worried about you and the kids

So sad…you’re definitely not overreacting, he’s not valuing you as he should.
Spoil yourself, buy you something nice next holiday, put you and your kids first.

5 Likes

You have the power in your life to choose who you allow to be close.
He isn’t making you a priority.
Make YOURSELF your priority and move on.
Ain’t nobody got time for his little self created tantrums.

8 Likes

Do you guys have kids? My man is close to his ex mother in-law. It was like one of his mom for 20 years. She the grandmother to my kids. How old are his I see no big deal in him helping his kids buy a gift for their mom. My dad and mom got divorced when I was 1 years old. When I was little if I want to do something for my mom he would help me

If you act like a doormat, you will be treated like one. Set your standards and do not tolerate anything less than that. Don’t waste anymore time putting up with behavior you can’t accept long term - there are no trophies for suffering the most in a relationship. Good luck

10 Likes

the more I read about all of this stuff, I really think people forgot the true meaning of Christmas, It isn’t about all the gifts, it’s the fact you are all together, love each other & love the fact that a baby was born who gave his life for us. Be grateful people. Be happy you have your love ones with you, sing some songs, hold hands give other hugs & maybe go to church. Then remember our men & women who are in the military who are not home with their love ones because they are fighting to keep us free, then remember all of the homeless people in our country who would love a roof over their heads, a bed to sleep on, instead of the ground, & food to eat, Now think about all of that & then come on & bitch because someone loves you, but forgot to get you a gift. Merry Christmas

get rid of him before you have a kid with him and are stuck dealing with him forever. harsh but true. you deserve better than this meathead.

1 Like

I suggest buying yourself something since he isn’t! Then you won’t feel bad because you’re getting something you already wanted! Win!

You alone can decide who you allow to mistreat you. By allowing this disrespect over and over you are now enabling his behavior towards you. You should realize your worth and never let someone who is supposed to love you treat you this way. Either put up with it or don’t. That’s the bottom line.

7 Likes

Its strange that he remembers his ex mil but not you, its not the matter of the gift its about where his thoughts are and than he has a ‘fit’ is bizarre you need to look at the dynamics of you’re relationship how you’re relationship is valued by him regularly,from you’re post it appears that its a convenient relationship for him and he is comfortable with you being on the back burner emotionally … like hes an opportunist

2 Likes

Tell him to set an alarm on his phone to go off a week before christmas every year.

2 Likes

If you don’t have kids together (unclear from the post), he shouldn’t have to get you anything for Mother’s Day. You’re not his mother or the mother of HIS kids. Sure it’s annoying to not receive a Christmas gift if you got him one, but just take it back and don’t get him anything either :woman_shrugging:t2: use the funds towards your daughter or give those funds to your daughter to purchase gifts for people she wants to purchase for. Him throwing a fit is uncalled for, he chose not to do something and is acting like a child. He needs to own his decision.

2 Likes

As my Mom would say there are givers and takers and you know which one he is.He will never change

2 Likes

Sounds narcissistic, he disregards your feelings, then makes you responsible for him feeling crappy for not caring how you feel. Dump him!

8 Likes

He’s in love with his ex and her family not you. He remembers their gifts you should be a priority if he cared for you just an observation. Either get used to being nothing in his life and stop complaining. Or you can put you and your children first and be loved by someone who deserves you & your children love.

9 Likes

Is this a grown man you talking about? You should be very upset

2 Likes

Get rid of his ass!! Then he won’t be able to ruin another day in general for you

Your not over reacting, sounds like he’s playing mind games with you, get rid of him because he’s must be doing other mean things to you and you need to send his a$$ packing! Don’t waste another year with him, I would rather be alone than with someone like him.

Move on lovely he needs to be thinking of you

2 Likes

To me it sounds like he’s doing it on purpose. That way he can have his fit and you are there to comfort him about it while he blatantly disregards your feelings about the matter. Also, he’s a grown man and should be purchasing gifts himself for his ex-mother-in-law and his ex-wife from the kids himself. Stop doing that for him. If he bitches remind him that it’s HIS ex-mother-in-law and HIS ex-wife. NOT YOURS. He sounds like a narsissist and an all around asshole. I’m sure there’s other things he’s done in your relationship that also constitutes as mental and emotional abuse, and honestly you should walk away.

Really weird but move on

1 Like

Seems like he cares more about the ex and that family. I’m sorry.

2 Likes

Sit down and talk about how he makes you feel try and work it out first before you choose to leave when you have tried and he doesn’t change then leave but you have to give your marriage a chance. It will be hard but marriage is hard and not to be taken lightly. You should not just leave when things get tuff because in the end things could be better. My husband and I went through something similar and after about a year things got better and we have been married 32 years now will be 33 in April so fight for your marriage if he doesn’t change and you will have to do some changing but if you do all the changing and he does none then it is time to say enough.

1 Like

Send him back to his ex-mother in law. Sounds like he cares about her more anyway!!

6 Likes

The EX is more important?! You have a choice. He has proven time and time again where his priorities lay. Time to put YOUR daughter and YOU first.

3 Likes

I sure hope you didn’t give him the gifts you bought for him. Show him how it feels. Ignore his tantrum behavior.

5 Likes

He’s gonna be upset Because HE didn’t get you anything? Really? Total narcissistic red flag. He is making it about himself… manipulating everyone to feel sorry for HIM rather than sacking up and doing right by you. He’s a taker. An. Emotional leach.

16 Likes

Sounds like he doesn’t want to spend any money on you. If your going to stay with him, STOP buying him stuff, focus on your kids instead. Ex mother in law should be over.

5 Likes

He is a jerk! Even I’d he had very little money, MAKING SOMETHING for u with him n the kids would be really cool bit he didn’t. He sucks.

1 Like

Time to say BYE…All about him…

This man does not care about you, it’s clear.

1 Like

Sorry honey. You said it yourself,so listen to yourself …he hasn’t even thought about you ,and has a temper tantrum when he’s called out on his behavior. If your a Mom a Mother’s day card shows respect and love . Doesn’t have to be his child. Sounds like you have given alot of chances to be acknowledged. You and your children first, let him go to his x

2 Likes

NOPE! If he can’t simply make the effort to get you SOMETHING he doesn’t care about you enough. Everyone can say this and that about it. It’s not about the size or the money it’s the thought.

1 Like

lol he’s going to be upset?! :rofl::rofl::rofl: lmfaooo girl you fall for that??

4 Likes

Girl what the heck are you doing with this guy?!! You need sense smacked into you!!

2 Likes

WOW first the ex mother in is ok. The ex wife is a big no stop that. Is will grow up and get her something then. Now sit back and think about this relationship if he can buy a gift for the ex mother-in-law and ex wife and not you that says a lot about your relationship and why in the hell would you buy him something if he doesn’t buy you anything believe me been there done that painful won’t do that again you need to stop him in his tracks tell him how you feel if he doesn’t get it then you need to think about your relationship

3 Likes

Hes a narcissist. Fact he has a fit and makes it about him that he forgot something for you says it all. Hes self centred and doesn’t care about your feelings or you. Honestly leave. You deserve so much better. I get some people can be disorganised but a box of chocolates and wine is a stop in a gas station on the way home. Its that simple.

5 Likes

People like that never change

2 Likes

Put up a reminder sign. An advent calendar is awesome!!! You literally count down the days til Christmas. Do the same for other special days… it looks like he has a lack of time management skills

1 Like

Girl he clearly has issues - narcissistic ones . There is no love from him to you , that’s blatantly clear . Time to show him the door and concentrate on you and your kids . The mother in law is history . Pack his bags for him and put them and him out the door !!

3 Likes

I am sorry but he does not care about you. Stop holding on to a dead weight.

5 Likes

Pack his bags and send him on his way

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be buying anyone gifts but the kids and myself.

I also would consider leaving over this

8 Likes

He sounds like an infant kick him to the curb

4 Likes

There are no excuses. Especially for Christmas everyone knows it’s coming way in advance.

4 Likes

Please leave. He is never going to change. He is literally blaming you for him “forgetting” gifts & then rubbing the ex MIL in your face. He doesn’t know how to love. Please leave for the sake of your daughter.

8 Likes

Get something for yourself that you really like charged to his card. Leave his ass too.

Throw that garbage man out

8 Likes

He’d never see a gift under the tree from me. Maybe buy something you’d like wrap it put his name on the from LINE ,open it and thank him. Maybe the bell in his head will go off next year if your still together. As far as mil that his problem. I would not bother to remind him of any presents for ex.s. Maybe next year Dec 1 remind him Christmas is this month and let him at it.

6 Likes

A lot of pain for you in this relationship…can you continue to handle it?
Have no more children with this man…spare yourself that extra pain,regardless if you stay or not!

4 Likes

I noticed something I have been picking up on, none of the men in my family give gifts at holidays or most events but they love recieving gifts. I’m starting to think this is universal amongst men

2 Likes

Past time to leave him…

3 Likes

Leave him. He doesn’t care. I was with the same type. Not anymore. Christmas is on the same day every year. He can legit make you something any of the other 364 days and he chooses to BMC (bitch moan and complain) the day before??? WTAF? Is he selfish or is he ignorant and delusional? First time is one thing, okay maybe the 2nd since he’s human, but the 3rd time is straight up a character issue and you got you a whole looney tune :sob:

This relationship is soooo toxic on so many levels…run!!!

8 Likes

He is selfish .why he get mad because he didn’t. get you a gift…that is a front.tell him hit the road jack

6 Likes

Tell him go live with his x mother-in-law!

10 Likes

Stop being materialistic and dramatic about him not getting you something. Holidays aren’t about receiving material items.

4 Likes

next year save on your budget and dump the extra bagage, him!!! he’s not worth it.

3 Likes

I think you need a new boyfriend.

7 Likes

Pitiful excuses he has just as much time as everyone else if he cared he would have done something nice for you. Sounds like the love is already gone don’t waste anymore time on him. Don’t settle.

4 Likes

sounds like he’s way to attached to his ex’s family and should be thinking more about his own. He’s teaching his kids it’s ok to put you at the bottom of the list… it’s not ok.

7 Likes

HE throws a fit because HE didn’t get you anything, again?? Excuse me?? Excuse me, my good bitch, but what seems to be the fuck?

If it hurts your child and your peace, drop it. That dude neither values nor loves you, and you would be able to tell if he did…pitching a fit because he “forgot/put it off til last minute”?? Really? How old is he? 5? Smh. Get out now and buy you and your daughter yalls own presents

5 Likes

Nah fuck that…he knows it important to you and ur daughter etc…and still dont bother till week after etc…huge no from me…xx

I can relate. My guy Ditches holiday’s with the family he lives with (Myself, 8yo, 5yo 3yo) to go celebrate Christmas with his Ex wife and his grown kids (19, 17, 17) . But I’m the bad guy for telling him I think it’s inappropriate. Advice… Well… Let’s just say it’s probably gonna be a New year with a newly single me lol

18 Likes

Why would he be buying his x mother n law and x anything I don’t get that you have to show your wife respect and love if you want it to work out.

3 Likes

He doesn’t understand the assignment :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

YOU don’t buy his ex mother-in-law flowers are you kidding me ex… And if he got a job he not buying you anything but wants you to pay for ex relative’s girl get a new man he’s not the one

3 Likes