Elf on the shelf ideas

Can we please have an elf on the shelf thread for ideas? I am dreading getting the elf back out and want to be ready this year lol

7 Likes

Pinterest has tons of great ideas!

1 Like

My kid’s favorites were when they put their undies on the Christmas tree. And they deff loved growing a candy cane. They planted a mint in a cup of sugar the next day it was a mini candy cane and then the day after it was a couple big candy canes that I tied together

He has to go in the carrier over night. When the kids sleep.

Every night you gotta move them into a new spot they do not have to make a mess but kids do love it. My elf brings my 3 kids matching jammies the day he comes (December 1st)

1 Like

Join the elf on the shelf groups they have awesome ideas!

Here’s a few I’ve done over the years!!! Literally the BEST Christmas tradition , my daughter looks forward to it every single year!!!

Don’t do it. Elf is cute, but it’s a lot of work.

We used a pair of kitchen tongs to put him in the jar.

2 Likes

Ruffle chips and Lay’s chips with an iron next to the elf on a mini ironing board

He goes into the carrier over night.

There’s a fb group called Cheeky Elf Ideas…it’s a good page for Ideas. Have fun!

You’d have to do it overnight so “he put himself in/took himself out” lol I started last year and kept it simple with just moving him around and keeping him out of arms reach. Also target, dollar tree and Walmart sells costumes, little play sets for them to use as well!

1 Like

I did a skittles rainbow with ours. Just arrange skittles on a plate in a circle and leave a note telling the kids to add warm water onto the skittles and it makes a surprise. Not super messy and still fun.

Magic oven mits will get them where they need to go.

1 Like

“Special tongs”
A “special glove/mit”
Or on his own (while they sleep) with his elf magic.

Gonna regret it lol. I’m on year 10 and I hate it😭

5 Likes

My elf wrapped all my kids shoes in tin foil and put them under the tree and left them a note that he shined their shoes lol and he took their little debbie christmas tree cakes and put a note christmas trees for sale for 5.00 each and they couldnt eat one unless they paid needless to say they were not happy with that one​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don’t start on this elf process lol. You may regret it :joy:

12 Likes

My suggestion, don’t start

4 Likes

My biggest regret is that damn elf

I would have him lined up playing with my sons toys. He would be riding in a truck or building with his legos/blocks. I fixed a zipline from the tree across the room had him on a candy cane zipping across. He did snow angels with fake snow. He brought him a book the Christmas Story and left it under the tree. One night he left hot chocolate and popcorn with a note to have a movie night. Did some mischievous things like wrote on the bathroom mirror with toothpaste a reminder to brush his teeth. Filled the sick with little marshmallows and had him soaking in a “bubble bath”. We had a little fishing game so him and a couple of other toys were fishing one morning. We had a nativity set so one night I let the elf put it out so he could find it the next morning. One night he put a bunch of balloons in his room. He did put toilet paper on the ceiling fan one night. I had done so many sweet things I wanted to change it up a little. Mine has outgrown it but I loved doing it.

1 Like

just something to scare kids with. don’t do it to them

Return it and don’t do it :joy:

1 Like

Ive never done it as i will have to commit every year so ive refused point blank to do it lol