Expecting moms... how long are you waiting until after baby arrives to have visitors?

My parents will be here when our LO is born in the next 4-5 weeks but they have been socially distancing bc they know how important it is. If your guests are not willing to social distance than they should now be allowed to be around your newborn.

I gave birth June 2nd. My daughter has only met my mom (she was my support person so my husband could stay home with my 6 year old), my aunt, my dad, my grandma, and my husband’s mom and sister. No one else has been able to meet her due to the current pandemic. My father in law died from covid-19 so we are extremely cautious. This is your baby and you do as you feel necessary. We have a few friends that are extremely upset that they haven’t met her but they also respect our decision.

I guess we just dived in and everyone visited day one. Tons of kisses and germs to begin building that amazing immune system.

I know someone who has a child over a month ago and no one besides mom and dad has been around the baby. Family Skypes if they want to see her. U just never know.

This isn’t really anything you can plan. Take it day by day and keep your baby as safe as you can. You’ll know when you are ready.

I gave birth almost a month ago and have not allowed visitors due to the current situation. You just cannot risk it with newborns. Everyone understandsdue to covid 19. I am not sure when we will allow visitors but for now we have to play it safe

I would say if people can’t respect that you are the parent then they don’t need to be around right now when the baby gets here.
I would lay down strict guidelines of you have to wear a mask. When you come over temperature has to be checked and you have to sanitize before holding or touching the baby and after. No kisses or anything like that.

It is up to you-remember people have it with no symptoms-you and your baby’s health is the most important

I think that limiting visitors and making introductions on Zoom or FaceTime is the way to go.
Decent humans should respect your desire to protect the life of your child.
Please make anyone who does come over wear a mask.

Family that’s not out in the public for anything should be okay but anyone thats working around others or even out doing grocery shopping, eating out, etc i would be very careful with and wait a few weeks. Have them wash, wear masks etc. I’ve never waited til 1st shots but I didn’t have a whole lot of people around, with covid I would be extremely careful. Maybe just let people look at baby through the window? I know thats what a lot of people are doing

Our daughter is having twins. There are some issues so almost a sure thjng early delivery. She is afraid of sickness and NICU babies. She has told everyone there will be rules for visiting. Its YOUR BABY AND YOU KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR YOUR BABY.

In the old days they were waiting 40 days before going outside with the baby or having people in the house… You do you…

2 Likes

My son was born in may and the only he see is grandma…

1 Like

KEEP PEOPLE AWAY. If you did not give birth to them they do not need to be around your new baby. 6 weeks and 30 feet.

I’m due in 2 weeks. No visitors for a week. Requiring masks and hand washing/sanitizer. Grandparents only until further notice.

With my 1st(8) I waited about a week but not because I was worried about anything I was just tired and recuperating my 2nd (6) we stayed at my moms for a couple days and then Went to church on Easter my 3rd(4) stayed at moms first night home this one (due mid oct) probably do the same thing lol I only let people I trust for the first few weeks though it’s different for everyone so what ever you feel is best :blush:

I just had our fourth on the 22nd. We had someone here helping with our other three when we brought him home.

I had my son early April this year and we waited 2 weeks before he even met his sister and my mother! And then 6 weeks or so when he met my siblings/his cousins

I just had my 5th son in April he was a premie and he is home and now 4mo old and still no one has been to see him but the nurse that had him in the hospital and his doctors.

Rule in our family was at minimum 2 weeks. And it’s a pandemic now so if they want to see the baby the can look through the window. But not come in.

My baby is 2 months. We still do not allow anyone to come around.

1 Like

I visited my grand daughter 2 days after they came home. Wore my mask and.waahed my hands

I’m due in October. The only visitors I will have is my grandma and mom till babe gets his first set of shots.

This is your baby. You decide what is best for your family and when. No matter who it is.

It’s whatever you’re comfortable with and don’t let anyone make you feel bad for it!

We waited 4-6 weeks for almost everyone

I had my baby in June we let family only come over when she came home an still as of today I don’t take her out in public unless it’s a dr apt

It’s been almost 3 months now and I just visited an aunt , not friends yet. I’m still worrying…

Our doctor told us 8 weeks and when we allow visitors no holding and masks

It would be an good 6 weeks for me unless it’s my mom or husband mom maybe siblings that’s it’s thou

So after 2 weeks if you need that time to recuperate let people come over and see the baby through the window they don’t need to hold the child.

My niece didn’t have anyone over till the baby was nearly 2 months old in NY

Even without covid we waited at least a month. Besides our parents coMing over no one else visited.

I’m due soon also and I already don’t want anyone around my baby I think we are gonna stay locked up in the house with no visitors

I am due in October. And I am so nervous about this.

Before the pandemic I would give them some space and go see the baby 2 weeks later with the pandemic I don’t go see them if it a close relative I’ll ask to see them through their window

Even with out virus we were always told about 2weeks. Park car trips fine after had needles no unnecessary visiting shops etc. friends will all understand

I would wait a couple months or however long it takes for you to be comfortable .

No visitors what so ever to much to risk when things return to normal and they will you can have people over

My first was born during cold and flu season. He was a late preemie born at 36 weeks. He came home from the NICU 2 weeks after he was born and it was 4 weeks before anyone close family (grandma) could hold him. He was pretty much kept shielded while out in public etc for almost the first year of his life. Saw cousins and stuff at like 3-4 months old. This Covid stuff makes me nervous. I feel like I’d treat having a baby now similar to having my son. Then take extra precautions like masks extra hand washing etc.

1 Like

Our first outing event he was exactly 14 days. We didn’t let anyone hold him tho.

I don’t have a plan on that…as long they call and wash their hands whenever they want.

I have friends who are not letting anyone come visit until they have quarantined for 2 wks. No quarantine no visit.

get bottle of hand sanitizer and tell everyone to wear mask babys imune system is still week good luck

My niece had a baby in June. Everyone that came over had to have a covid test first.

Im due in January i hope everything is better by then which i doubt so no one until this is over with

At least the 6 weeks or after their 1st set of shots. Now with covid maybe longer.

It depends on the person who wants to visit and where everything is with COVID. I’m due Oct. 24th.

With covid around, I probably wouldn’t for at least three months.

If I were expecting now I’d have the same people over that I had when I had my other kids and we had visitors as soon as we got home :woman_shrugging:

My baby is will be a month on 19th and we still say no visters.

Masks and washed hands and arms and they should be OK as long as they don’t smoke and not wearing smelly clothes too xxx

I would do as the doctor says. Better safe then sorry.

2 Likes

Wait as long as you feelcomfortable. Your mommy Instincts will tell u when its time.

I’ve always waited until the fshots at 2 months

Your baby your choice. If people don’t like it to bad.

I would let anyone who is not sick (fever or runny nose/cough) and wants to visit come as soon as I was home, pre or post pandemic. But we all have our own comfort levels. My kids were fine and didn’t get sick. I took my son and daughter out of the house multiple times when they were brand new babies.

1 Like

During pandemic…I wouldn’t let anyone.

Until there’s a vaccine and a cure so people don’t die!!

I had my baby is June. Doc told us that close family is fine as long as they’re practicing good hygiene before holding baby. After a month friends came to visit but we stayed outside the entire time and they were washing hands etc before holding her.

That’s your baby. If you aren’t feeling safe then EVERYBODY has to wait until you’re ready

Wait as long as you want. Don’t feel pressured.

3 Likes

I am very protective and don’t like many around her

Friend of mine just had a baby two weeks ago. No family or friends til he’s two months old. I’m glad she sends pics tho.

My brother and sister still haven’t met my baby and he’s 4 months. I’d say do whatever you are comfortable with :woman_shrugging:

I’m going to be blunt! With Covid-19 I’d shelter that baby for awhile!

Introduce your baby over zoom or Facebook live…better to be safe

1 Like

until there is a covid vaccine.

2 Likes

Your child, your choice! Don’t let anyone pressure you :hugs:

2 Likes

Immediate family only see the baby at first

I would say how ever long makes you feel comfortable. Your child. Do what makes you feel right.

I’m two weeks out and I’ve already told everyone video chat is the only way for me :woman_shrugging:t5:

I waited til my son was 1 month old

I waited a month otherwise I had great grandparents right away he’s now 3 months old

Im having my 2nd in December. Everyone is wearing a mask and it will only be immediate family. Hand washing up to the elbow is required, we are taking temps before you enter the house and no kissing or face touching.

I would wait until you and you alone feel comfortable

For the sake of your baby and you continue social distancing

Don’t let anybody visit the baby.

1 Like

Wait as long as you feel you need to ! Forget everyone else !

I would only allow after a vaccine personally

No social distancing, no seeing the baby. I would wait at least ba month but make an exception for grandparents. Even still they need to socially distanced.

Not until there is a vaccine, I trust no one.

No visitors No problem :wink:

1 Like

They have no immune system for 6 months🤷‍♀️

Yes they are. It’s still here.

Give ur baby at least 6 mths in these times…

Then no one should visit your newborn baby.

I have always waited a month

Don’t let anyone kiss that baby!

Don’t Drink the Kool Aid!!!

Wait until your comfortable

My daughter is due in November. I’ve already told her atleast 2wks for visitors as she lives with me. She thinks I’m trying to keep the other grandparents from seeing her child but that’s not the case. Even though I dont like them, I wouldn’t do that unless it’s for a really good reason. My thing is not just due to the virus but also, she needs that time to bond with her child especially while trying to breastfeed. I’d say, if people dont like if you say to hold off on visiting, then oh well. It’s your decision and what you think is best.

2 Likes

3 months with newborn

Video chat if they want to see baby

Just say no!!! Longer is better.

Just tell them, if they aren’t social distancing, they can’t see ur baby. Doctors orders. If they wanna see ur baby bad enough, maybe they will start.:woman_shrugging:

You say when u feel comfortable…

I agree with Pamela Seitz 100%

I met my nephew at 3 weeks but I do not go anywhere and I had my mask on and sanitizer galore, kissed his little legs with mask on too. Don’t do it till you feel comfortable about it.

Ban. Them. All. :woman_shrugging:t4:

I would wait as long as possible! I saw a girl in Walmart today with an infant in the back of her buggy that had to of been no more than a week or 2. I told my husband theres no way I’d take a baby out that (especially to Walmart )young right now. My kids are 11, 16 and 19 now and I’m sure I took them out young but with all of this going on now, I just would wait a while longer.

4 Likes