Good table foods to start baby on?1

What are some good table foods to start your baby on? She is almost 8mo and about to over pureés lol. Im a FTM and im so nervous

1 Like

Google “Baby Lead Weaning” - you’ll see lots of good ideas! A helpful thing to know is that babies’ gag reflexes are much further forward in their mouths than adults’. So you may hear her gag from time to time, but that doesn’t mean she’s choking. And it’s actually a good thing, because her mouth is doing its job by expelling anything she might choke on. I’m a mom of five - you’ve got this!!

1 Like

Mashed potatoes & gravy. Mac & cheese. I would cook mac & cheese with broccoli & chicken then smooch it all up & feed that. My boys loved it!! Cooked smooshed carrots. It has more texture than purees. Smooshed banana. Cooked apple. Have fun with it. Good luck momma.

Literally anything. Doesn’t matter if they have teeth or not. Just cut in finger length sizes!

1 Like

The way I did it was as long as it was the size of their thumbnail (theirs, not yours) they can eat it.
Baby gums are incredibly strong.

8 months, mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, does she have teeth… cheetos, yogurt, cheese…

Our 4th child is 7 months no teeth yet but we are starting her on small soft pcs fish,potatoes,chicken,egg,roast