Has anyone gotten pregnant on nexplanon?

Can you post this anonymously? Has anyone gotten pregnant on the nexplanon implant? I’m kinda worried that I could be & I feel like I’m paranoid

8 Likes

I’m curious as well as I am on the same birth control.

1 Like

I haven’t but the only way to know is to take a test. If it’s negative and you’re still worried call your doctor. Sometimes birth control can have side effects similar to pregnancy

1 Like

I am curious too. I have been showing signs like I did for my son.

1 Like

Yes! But my body rejects all birth control we found out. But I concieved my daughter on the nexplon implant n my son with the nexplon generic pill

1 Like

Yes many women got pregnant on it that’s why it’s no longer available in Canada

1 Like

What is the nexplon implant?? Sorry I’m from nz

Yes and it caused my first miscarriage. I had it in for a year

Nope and I had it 2x

I’m on my 4th implant and havent gotten pregnant :slightly_smiling_face:

My mum did with my brother

1 Like

I had it for a year and got pregnant twice without knowing until I miscarried both times .

I’m on my 4th one had implanon then when it changed to nexplanon for almost 12 years

this is my 2nd year on nexplanon ,i did some pregnancy test coz i’ve been feeling sick lately and im not sure if it’s positive coz the line is so blurry, please help!

I did. With twins. I begged to have it removed. No one would listen or see me, because “you can’t get pregnant on the nexplanon arm implant” I lost them both. Please see a doctor. Don’t wait.

2 Likes

I had it for 2 years and took it out and now 4 years later still can not get pregnant so I wish this was my issue :weary:

I never got pregnant on nexplanon, but it was truly the most horrible experience for me. My gyno told me last week she wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. It completely changed who I was as a person. I was mean and depressed all the time and seeing a therapist regularly. As soon as I was told it could be attributing, got it out. I felt like my old self again within days. Any chance I get, I tell people about my terrible experience with it just so others can avoid what I went through.

I’ve had it in for 2 years and no issues. Also no pregnancies :grin:

Faint or not if the line is there then you are positive. Definitely see a doctor when you can. Don’t panic. It’s not unheard of to get pregnant on birth control.

I got pregnant on implanon it is possible… see your gp nothing is 100% except abstinence

So I’ve been gaining weight rabidly
. Im on nexplanon but all my test come up negative ( I normally can’t gain weight )…

I’m on it and never gotten pregnant neither has my sister but the doctor did say if anyone was to get pregnant it would be an Ectopic pregnancy which means they would have to terminate the pregnancy.

4+ years no babies still on it because id rather deal with the bs it co.es with than getting pregnant again. Im thinking about getting it ou

On my 3rd. No babies, also work at an ob/gyn office, we do nexplanons frequently never seen a pregnancy.

If you just go on it a couple of months ago & you feel like way bec of your the way your period(s) have been, ill say no. I thought the same thing when I got mine in & my doctor says it takes up to 6 months to regulate your period. Hope this helps.

People have gotten pregnant by being on birth control before and the implants. Just wait, test, and see your dr

I don’t know about getting pregnant, but I had the implant and bled everyday, HEAVY, from Thanksgiving to Easter…

I have had friends get pregnant and miscarry on it

I might be reading the question wrong but if you mean while having the nexplanon in your arm then no, I’ve never heard of that. I had mine for 3 years the first time no problem. Then got it removed to get pregnant and after 2 years of trying it resulted in a miscarriage then a year later got pregnant. I’ve been back on nexplanon for 1.5 years and no issues. Not saying it can’t happen but very rare.

I did but I also got pregnant on the pill, depo, and mirena iud

I had mine for the full 3 years and then a new one for 1 year I neve got pregnant but it messed my periods alll up sometimes I’d go months without one and other months I’d have 2 a month

I’ve never done Nexplanon but 3 of my 4 kids are birth control fails so anything is possible.

Yeah I fell pregnant on it 3 out of 4 of my kids are contracting fails nothing is defo 100 percent safe I now have to have 2 types of contraception at the same times as I’m highly fertile

I was super paranoid when I first got mine. I talked to my dr about it and she said it’s very rare, she said it could happen but she’d never seen it happen. I had 2 implanons after my oldest, for a total of 6 years. Got the 2nd one out, started trying for our second baby, got pregnant in 3 months. Had her and had a nexplanon placed and have had it for 2 yrs an 11 months and havent gotten pregnant on it. It’s one of the most fool proof birth controls.

I had baby in November I got te nexplanon in march and I can say I never got pregnant. Being on that now I gained weight, depressed and started to see a therapist taking medication to get myself feeling better about myself I really thought it was me but reading your post it makes so much sense now and I’m going to schedule an appointment to have it taken out.

Never got pregnant on it but it did make me feel like I was sometime

I’ve had two of them, will be six years in November and no pregnancies. It’s really messed with my period but after chiropractic care she was able to get my period down to once a month instead of twice a month. Everyone is different though so I’d get checked if you’re super paranoid. :slightly_smiling_face:

Im almost on year 3 and I’ve had some scares since i haven’t had a period since i got it put in. But it always comes back negative. I feel like sometimes we scare ourselves into thinking we are :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 pills babies different hormones. Some type just make you fertile.

I got pregnant 2 month before it was to be removed.

Ive been on nexplanon for nearly two years now and I’ve also felt odd like I was pregnant before so I’m not sure. I haven’t been, they were all negative. You should just take a test and find out. Best thing is to just get peace of mind immediately.

Has the nexplanon for 8 years. Didn’t use anything as was in a long term relationship and when the first one ran out about a year after I got pregnant and then I had one put back in and nothing. I believe it’s very rare to get pregnant on it

1 Like

I had nexplanon in for 3 years had it replaced and kept in in for another year. 4 years Total. It took me 3 years with 8 miscarriages to finally have my son. It messed my body chemistry all up… I always felt pregnant with it in. I never got my periods and took a pregnancy test every other month while I had it in.

Sure did she is now 7 yrs old

One of the more rare side effects of the implant is it can mimic pregnancy hormones and shifts in a womans body. Talk to your dr and take a pregnancy test. If its negative they may also prescribe the pill to help regulate the hormones. No birth control is full proof. With the amount of miscarriages I have had it was like carrying a ghost baby so I told them remove the implant or I’m cutting it out.

I’m on my 3rd implant about to go for my 4th in September. No pregnancy during use for me.

Yes had it removed as I was pregnant with my daughter

Nope, on my 2nd one. Had 1st for 3yrs then had it removed, had my son, and got it put in again. 7month so far so good :v:

I got pregnant on the implant and the IUD.
It cased major fertility problems. I’m 21 and after I have my 2nd son im getting my tubes tied… Birth control just fails me

I have heard of people getting prego on it before. I have been on it for a year and a half. And i dont get a period but it does make ur body feel prego at times for me anyways

My experience with nexplanon was a good one. I had it for three years. Never got pregnant, but it does mess with your cycle. Then I took it out and was trying to get pregnant. I got pregnant after two months. After my first was born went back on nexplanon for another three years, didnt have any troubles again. Decided I wanted to get pregnant, took it out and 3 months after it was taken out the second time I was pregnant.

Following. I got nexplanon in December and haven’t had any issues yet :crossed_fingers:t2:

I did and it was 7 months

I’ve had mine since 2016. Obviously I’ve had changed but NO ISSUES

I had it twice, and neither time were there any issues.

I’ve been on it since June following

Had it for 3 years. Actually went over more like 3.5 years. Never got pregnant and didnt use protection. Had no issues or complications not even with removal and got pregnant 2 months after having it removed

Has anyone had the IUD in longer than what you’re supposed to?

I didn’t. I’m very fertile and my husband and I were…active. :wink:

I got pregnant less than a month after having it removed.
Never heard of anyone who got pregnant while using it.

Got my nexplanon out March 26th got a positive pregnancy test 6/7 miscarried on 6/22

My sister was on it and got pregnant about a month after having it out

Olivia Mcintire wasn’t Nexplanon what you were on? And didn’t it take you like 5 ish weeks after getting it out?

Nexplanon is a form of birth control. So it’s not very likely to become pregnant while having the nexplanon implant. I had it and was told that less than 1% of people who use it for a year get pregnant.

I’m mean and depressed I cry for absolutely no reason

I have been on the nexplanon birth control since 05/18/18 and have been feeling pregnant as well but I have had so many pregnancies scares throughout and have all came back negative , since I’ve gotten the BC I have noticed I’ve had my hormones all over the place , so I have scheduled an appointment to finally remove it and go on the pill .

Did you have in problem during your birth ?

I have had every kind of birth control you can name and I’ve gotten pregnant on them all…except Nexplanon. I had the first one in for 5 years (there’s a reasonable backstory, I promise) and I had the second in for a year. I just had it removed as we are ttc. The only issue I ever had with it is that in the very beginning, it gave me severe side effects that made me think it had also failed. But then they disappeared altogether and I spent the next 5 years with no periods or symptoms.

I have been trying to figure this out because for the past week or so I’ve been having daily, morning, sometimes all day nausea Wilhite is different from my usual feeling when im nauseous. I got the implant first week in Oct '20 and never felt anything until recently

I got pregnant after 2 years on nexplanon, but miscarried very early on. I had the same symptoms as both my other pregnancies, took a test, definitely positive. Took another a few days later to be extra sure, very faint positive. Took another 2 days later, negative. Three days later I bled. Took 2 more tests 3 days apart just to be sure and both were negative.

It freaked us out so my husband is getting snipped in a couple weeks and I’m getting it taken out as soon as we’re sure it worked.

Mine was the same way. I had a period that lasted a solid three months.

I have had Nexplanon for about a year now, a couple weeks ago I started feeling off… I have had heartburn like crazy, cravings, very light (brown) bleeding for a day after not having a period since I had it put in. My boobs are a little tender now and feeling flutters. I have taken a couple test that were negative but can’t shake the feeling. Am I crazy or paranoid?!

i’m so sorry that happened. did you have a regular period or spotting with the implant?