Has anyone gotten pregnant on NuvaRing?

I have been on the NuvaRing for seven years. The last ring was put in, and the last day of the period was the 17th. I have been spotting since the 22nd. I have never spotted it. Along with nausea, headaches, and adversity to certain smells. Like oil/grease for vehicles, gasoline, poop. Not normal for me. Has anyone else gotten pregnant after being on the NuvaRing for a while, or what else could be wrong?

14 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone gotten pregnant on NuvaRing? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

Birth control is not 100% effective so there is always a possibility.

Itā€™s not a 100 percent also if you are taking any medications that can also affect the birth control

Just take a test belive me if you are pregnant it will show

1 Like

I sure as hell did with my 2nd

I got pregnant on the Nuva ring, Iā€™m due august 14th :sweat_smile: unfortunately it happens and no birth control is 100% effective either. I was on the Nuva ring for a year and also have PCOS and still got pregnant. If you want to be sure, I would suggest a pregnancy test. Best of luck.

What did the test say ?

1 Like

A few weeks ago I wished my son a happy 21st birthday. :grimacing:

I donā€™t use anything but pull out method and for me itā€™s worked for almost 10 years :woman_shrugging: and if I use anything itā€™s a condom :100:

4 Likes

Right here :raising_hand_woman: I got pregnant after 6 months of being on the nuva ring.:woman_facepalming:

I was on the Nuva ring for a couple of years and everything was good until that one timeā€¦and my nuva ring baby just turned 13

Im 31 weeks pregnant with my nuvaring baby

Not Nuva ring but on mirena I did.

Yes I have! My first baby I was on a pill birth control, moved up to NuvaRing after that, did it like I was supposed to and about 7 years later got pregnant on it with my second daughter. After that pregnancy I got an IUD had 2 of those over the 9 years and with an iud I got pregnant and just had my son that just turned one last month! Lol!

1 Like

My son was born on nuva ring. Was on that B.C. for 2 yrs and around new years on the 2nd yr I conceived. I also had pcos while I was on it. But like others say B.C. is not 100% effective.

My dads wife got pregnant 3 times with it :sweat_smile: I made sure to never consider it when I went for BC

1 Like

I did with my almost 11yr old daughter

1 Like

No birth control is 100%. Not even having tubes tied, cut and burnt.

2 Likes

Yes!!! I got pregnant on NuvaRing

Yep my granddaughters is 7 months oldšŸ˜‰

I was on it when I got pregnant with my first born

Yeap as soon I pulled it out it seemed like it took NO time to get pregnant

Yes my daughter is 11 now

They now have a ā€œgenericā€ nuvaring. Itā€™s no longer the name brand in getting and i donā€™t like it. Iā€™m just spotting with occasional small clots. When I go see my female dr Iā€™m going to ask for him to specify for the actual brand because the past 6 months have really changed my period. Iā€™ve never gotten pregnant on it. Iā€™ve been using it for about 6 years. When we decided to have my youngest (whoā€™s almost 4) I got pregnant fast lol. Iā€™ve had 2 miscarriages before I got it. Even had unprotected sex for 3 years and never got pregnant. Was on depo before and it really messed me up that I thought I could no longer have children.

Yes 2 different times

Use first morning urine sample for a pregnancy test as the hcg accumulates overnight in your bladder and gives a better reading for early detection urine tests but blood tests are always the most accurate. Unfortunately all birth control has a failure rate including tubal ligationā€™s and vasectomies.

It COULD happen since itā€™s not 100% guaranteed, but you may be having random hormone fluctuations.

Nothing is 100,%. I have seen patients get pregnant on the Nuva Ring. Take a test

I got pregnant on nuva ring! Also got pregnant on liletta iud and ortho low bc pills oh and a broken condom :upside_down_face: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

I always have pregnancy symptoms on this birth controlā€¦ itā€™s so weirdā€¦ I hate how much anxiety it gives but I donā€™t like anything else

Iā€™m 9 weeks pregnant and I was using Nuvaring. Ive had it for a year.

I got pregnant with my 3rd on it!

I definitely got pregnant while using that birth control!!

1 Like

I got pregnant on it but it ended in a miscarriage

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone gotten pregnant on NuvaRing? - Mamas Uncut

No birth control is 100% effective.

2 Likes

Yup, heā€™s 6 now :woman_shrugging:

Yep. Thatā€™s how I have my now 6 year old daughter lol

I got pregnant while on the Nuva Ring after using it for 5 years :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2: