Has anyone gotten pregnant on NuvaRing?

I have been on the NuvaRing for seven years. The last ring was put in, and the last day of the period was the 17th. I have been spotting since the 22nd. I have never spotted it. Along with nausea, headaches, and adversity to certain smells. Like oil/grease for vehicles, gasoline, poop. Not normal for me. Has anyone else gotten pregnant after being on the NuvaRing for a while, or what else could be wrong?

14 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone gotten pregnant on NuvaRing?

1 Like

Birth control is not 100% effective so there is always a possibility.

It’s not a 100 percent also if you are taking any medications that can also affect the birth control

Just take a test belive me if you are pregnant it will show

1 Like

I sure as hell did with my 2nd

I got pregnant on the Nuva ring, I’m due august 14th :sweat_smile: unfortunately it happens and no birth control is 100% effective either. I was on the Nuva ring for a year and also have PCOS and still got pregnant. If you want to be sure, I would suggest a pregnancy test. Best of luck.

What did the test say ?

1 Like

A few weeks ago I wished my son a happy 21st birthday. :grimacing:

I don’t use anything but pull out method and for me it’s worked for almost 10 years :woman_shrugging: and if I use anything it’s a condom :100:

4 Likes

Right here :raising_hand_woman: I got pregnant after 6 months of being on the nuva ring.:woman_facepalming:

I was on the Nuva ring for a couple of years and everything was good until that one time…and my nuva ring baby just turned 13

Im 31 weeks pregnant with my nuvaring baby

Not Nuva ring but on mirena I did.

Yes I have! My first baby I was on a pill birth control, moved up to NuvaRing after that, did it like I was supposed to and about 7 years later got pregnant on it with my second daughter. After that pregnancy I got an IUD had 2 of those over the 9 years and with an iud I got pregnant and just had my son that just turned one last month! Lol!

1 Like

My son was born on nuva ring. Was on that B.C. for 2 yrs and around new years on the 2nd yr I conceived. I also had pcos while I was on it. But like others say B.C. is not 100% effective.

My dads wife got pregnant 3 times with it :sweat_smile: I made sure to never consider it when I went for BC

1 Like

I did with my almost 11yr old daughter

1 Like

No birth control is 100%. Not even having tubes tied, cut and burnt.

2 Likes

Yes!!! I got pregnant on NuvaRing

Yep my granddaughters is 7 months old😉

I was on it when I got pregnant with my first born

Yeap as soon I pulled it out it seemed like it took NO time to get pregnant

Yes my daughter is 11 now

They now have a “generic” nuvaring. It’s no longer the name brand in getting and i don’t like it. I’m just spotting with occasional small clots. When I go see my female dr I’m going to ask for him to specify for the actual brand because the past 6 months have really changed my period. I’ve never gotten pregnant on it. I’ve been using it for about 6 years. When we decided to have my youngest (who’s almost 4) I got pregnant fast lol. I’ve had 2 miscarriages before I got it. Even had unprotected sex for 3 years and never got pregnant. Was on depo before and it really messed me up that I thought I could no longer have children.

Yes 2 different times

Use first morning urine sample for a pregnancy test as the hcg accumulates overnight in your bladder and gives a better reading for early detection urine tests but blood tests are always the most accurate. Unfortunately all birth control has a failure rate including tubal ligation’s and vasectomies.

It COULD happen since it’s not 100% guaranteed, but you may be having random hormone fluctuations.

Nothing is 100,%. I have seen patients get pregnant on the Nuva Ring. Take a test

I got pregnant on nuva ring! Also got pregnant on liletta iud and ortho low bc pills oh and a broken condom :upside_down_face: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

I always have pregnancy symptoms on this birth control… it’s so weird… I hate how much anxiety it gives but I don’t like anything else

I’m 9 weeks pregnant and I was using Nuvaring. Ive had it for a year.

I got pregnant with my 3rd on it!

I definitely got pregnant while using that birth control!!

1 Like

I got pregnant on it but it ended in a miscarriage

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone gotten pregnant on NuvaRing?

No birth control is 100% effective.

2 Likes

Yup, he’s 6 now :woman_shrugging:

Yep. That’s how I have my now 6 year old daughter lol

I got pregnant while on the Nuva Ring after using it for 5 years :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2: