Has anyone gotten the Covid vaccine while pregnant?

I had one shot while pregnant and one right after birth. My child is 4 months and we are both excelling

1 Like

I listened to a radio show this morning about this on npr. You can look it up and get some great info.

Please talk to your healthcare professional.

As far as I know a relative/ cousin in the USA received the Pfizer vaccine while she was pregnant because she works at a hospital. So far, she gave birth to a healthy baby girl.

I got the shot in my 3rd trimester and when I got the first one I was very tired but no other side effects…my second shot was good.

1 Like

I’d be afraid that with not enough testing to see how it will mess with baby during preg and after, that it could cause the baby to have something wrong with it ( now some women have taking it while preg and they and the babies are fine, but not all mothers and babies are the same)…because this shot was made in almost a year when usually it takes years to make a vaccine… Ultimately its your decision. I’m not dr and most of us on this page aren’t. Just go with your gut instinct. Theres always a risk with anything you take while pregnant. But is it one your willing to take. Do the risks of covid (that you might or might not get) out way the mystery of what might or might not happen if you take the shot. These are questions that right now no one really knows.

Considering it is not FDA approved and was just made in under a year an a half of this virus being out. You wouldn’t catch me getting this vaccine in the first place but much less carrying my newborn child. Just IMO.

5 Likes

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE talk with your OBGYN vs so called Facebook medical “experts.” Your physician should be the one answering this question. Way to many politics on social media.

3 Likes

I would never poison my child with anything let alone something that isn’t researched enough and is causing people to seize after having the shot… no thank you. Kinda like asking if you should do drugs while pregnant only that vaccine is probably worse

5 Likes

I’m due with my second son in November. I got both Moderna vaccines in my 1st trimester. OB said to take Tylenol so I wouldn’t get a fever. Sore arm and felt sick for 2 days after second shot but we’re fine and baby is growing healthy! OB also said he will be born protected versus my 1 year old born last year. Btw since I have gotten vaccinated, people have called me a microchipped sheep and that I’m killing my son. None of that is true, but be prepared for the bullies :persevere:

5 Likes

I’m 15 weeks and not getting it. My doctor said there wasn’t enough studies done with pregnant people for him to comfortably recommend. I have seen on a few other mom pages that people have gotten it and miscarried a few days after and that just sounds like too much of a coincidence to me.

1 Like

I am fully vaccinated, however if I was pregnant I would not. No way.

I have three friends who were all pregnant this past year and all received the vaccine at varying stages in their pregnancy. All are fine and their babies are healthy. One of them is married to an ER doctor and her OB strongly advised getting the vaccine due to added risk of that profession. I would think having children in school would be also high risk

4 Likes

It was highly recommended not to get it while
I was still breastfeeding. There have been no studies to see how safe the vaccine is for kids

I’m 12 weeks and I had to go get it due to my work I was super scared and worried but iv completed both my vaccines and my baby is super healthy and had no side effects no either of them

I am 34 weeks pregnant and I held off for the longest time because I was scared but after lots of research and now the rise in cases again I decided that getting the shots were best for myself and my baby. I got the first shot a week ago and due for the second in a few weeks. So far no side effects and baby is doing great!

1 Like

When I went to my doctor they told me it was recommended for pregnant women, because of the immunity for the baby, I got mine when I was about 26 weeks when I got mine and I am 31 weeks now and I have had no issues at all. I hope this helps☺️

3 Likes

Yes, I got it in my 2nd trimester I am now in my 3rd and we are doing fine.

I got mine and had no side effects besides a sore arm for a day :blush:

I have heard not to get it yet if pregnant or breastfeeding

1 Like

I got it at 12 weeks pregnant and now I’m 37 weeks pregnant with no issues. This baby will be more protected than my toddler. I’m very happy I did!

4 Likes

My ob said not to get the shot when I was pregnant. Never did.

2 Likes

I did not get the vaccine while I was pregnant and I did get covid while I was pregnant. I also had a Dr that had dealt with covid positive pregnant women so I was ok with it but it never bothered me more than a cold. With that being said however I have seen many negatively impacted by getting covid and I have seen some that got the vaccine still get covid and they were equally sick so I suppose it doesn’t matter vaccine or not you can still get it and how it will affect you will determine how you handle it. Side note I have a ten year old that was in my face the whole time never got it and the baby was and is fine. I just amped up the sanitizing for awhile and covered my mouth and nose if I coughed or sneezed

Here they won’t accept you in hospitals if you have Covid. So you have two options. 1 get the vaccine which most have taken by now or take a chance.
There has been no side effects or anything out of the ordinary to be alarmed. Keep in mind that what they offer in our county are the ones you guys are not accepting.
So, since you have options in the states, if it up to you.
Personally, I would because it seems that your baby when born will have some kind of immunity specially since the delta one already killed several babies.

Big Tech is censoring many doctors and mothers who speak about this very subject. You can join Telegram and join the “Covid Vaccine Victims” and you will get plenty of advice.

7 Likes