Has anyone had a breast lump with pain and been fine?

Yes, I got an mammogram & an ultrasound mine was a cyst. It’s hard not to worry I understand, hope everything goes well for you. :pray::kissing_heart:

1 Like

I’ve been through this recently after finding 3 lumps in 1 breast .had mammogram and ultrasound. Thankfully they are benign cyst. I was so afraid of going as my brother is currently battling cancer .it took me a yr to pluck up the courage. Unfortunately because I waited so long they’ve formed a hard calluses so can’t be drained .
But the scans are painless, if just a little uncomfortable. Staff were fantastic. Good luck hunnie x

Yes, awful pain aswell, had scan and biopsy and all was ok.

Yes. It was scar tissue or fibrous tissue. I was 19. Before I ever had kids.

Just had to get a 2nd mammogram that cost $509 and it was a cyst. Nothing. There was no pain tho.

1 Like

I have cysts in my lymphnoid in my right breast. It hurts sometimes but the Dr keeps saying it is fine.

Yes had biopsy and it’s been 12 years and still clear, :pray::grin:

Yes . I found a lump in my left breast which was very tender .
I had a ultrasound and it was found to be a harmless cyst .
I more then understand your worry as I got myself into a distraught state as well .
I really hope everything goes well for you :crossed_fingers:

Yes I had a pretty severe lump in my left breast last year had a diagnostic mammogram and it was just a cyst they also did a sonogram but they found calcium clustering in my right breast and had to have two biopsies. Everything was fine I am in full menopause now been over a year since my last period and my breasts are killing me both of them I am going to have a mammogram on Friday

Hey hun, have you had a check up before??
There’s a few things it can be that are being, and more common than a malignancy…
Cysts is particukar are really common, block ducts, small sebaceous cyst or abscess

As counter-intuitive as it is the fact its painful is usually not a malignancy.

I have a few and had one removed. They hurt and were not cancer. They were benign Tumors.

Yes I have a lump they say it’s just a cyst

I’ve always been told if it hurts, it’s not cancer 🤷 no facts to back that up though

Yes Cyst and ones that didn’t hurt and they were tissue dont worry please God it will be the same.

Mine is still there many years on it seems mine is fibroidous tissue from breastfeeding

Mine itched and was told that was normal with breast cancer, get a diagnosis they told me it was probably a cyst and ended up being triple neg, aggressive Breast Cancer, my lump was the size of a pea…early treatment saves lives

Yep but get it checked.

Yes I’ve got a cluster of cysts drained it because it grew and was painful x

Yes. At 19, mine was biopsied and removed. Non-cancerous. Be brave woman! Tackle whatever it is head on. You’ve got this. Prayers for you.

I did, like you I was scared too but I went had a exam and the dr felt it, sent to the hospital had a scan and turned out to be a lump of breast fat that had attached to another lump of fat (I’m not massively overweight by the way so can happen what ever size) the pain was it finding a new place to settle. It did and I’ve only felt it a couple of times when I’ve bashed myself. Keep positive x

Yes I have one they told me it’s fine it’s nothing

Yes if there’s pain it’s usually a cyst !!!

1 Like

My oldest daughter did at 15. She told me about it on a Friday night and let me tell you I was one panicked, anxious, mama for the following 3 days and was on the phone with her dr the second they opened Monday morning. Turned out to just be “dense tissue”. But breast cancer runs very deep in my family. Prayers for you!

I had a ruptured cyst Hun they hurt like hell!!! They can drain them if they get to painful.

Yes, infected cyst. From experience I know you won’t be able to relax until you know for sure but try not to panic, thinking of you xx

I had a lump and they said it was just tissue

Dr once told me if it hurts don’t worry .

1 Like

I’ve had one for 16 years. They said its a cyst

It’s actually good if it hurts… not cancer… maybe a cyst or mastitis.

4 Likes

I did mine ended up being a calcified tumor non-benign and there’s really nothing I could do for it

I found a lump years ago and had it checked and they said it was a milk duct and marked it on the inside with a little marker to keep an eye on it and yes it hurt still does Good luck

1 Like

Pain in the lump typically means it’s a cyst.

Ive heard if its painful its a good sign may be just a cyst

1 Like

Worrying just makes it worse, please calm down, there is nothing you can do right now.

1 Like

Had pain with four of them. Had all checked, they were all good.

I had breast cancer at 29 years old last year . My tumor at first didn’t hurt , but as it got bigger it started to hurt, so no just because your lump hurts doesn’t mean it is NOT cancer . If it is something it’s better to catch it early than late.

Yes, once it was an inflamed benign cyst and another time it was a breast calcification. On both occasions, I had mammograms and with the calcification I was followed with stereotactic breast biopsy and a clip. Everything is fine…knock on wood! They monitor me with a yearly mammogram.

1 Like

Had the same thing last year when I was 38 and it was a cyst and the start of early menopause so please don’t panic hun xxx

I had breast cancer, lump with no pain

My mum had a painful lump recently, had a mammogram, only to fjnd out its where she coughed so bad when she had covid, she damaged the muscles :flushed:

So they’ve put it down as long covid

Yep! Told it was because I drank a lot of caffeine :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hope everything is ohk :pray:

yes it was non lactational mastitis antibiotics cleared it up xxx

I’ve had a couple of cysts and a fibroadenoma. I was always thought lump with no pain was more worrying.

3 Likes

I did , ( while my younger sister was going through chemo for breast cancer, so i was really freaking out) but luckily it was just a fatty lump … try and think positive, worrying will just destroy the here and now, theres nothing you can do until they give you the results… try and think positive :kissing_heart: xx

Likely a Cyst which can come and go with hormones. Many women, myself included, have lumpy breasts that are benign. Please stay calm anc don’t be scared I’m sure your Dr is taking good care

2 Likes

Try to remain calm, I know easier said than done. Stressing will do more harm than good

I had a lump at 38 that I couldn’t feel while doing a breast exam but it showed up on the mammogram and ultrasound. It was painful and it sadly was cancer. We caught it early (stage one), two lumpectomies, six weeks of radiation and ten years of letrozole, got five more years to go. Stay positive and know that everyone is different. Praying for a positive outcome for you :pray:t2:

3 Likes

I have had 3 bouts of cancer and the lumps have never hurt at all. Go get it looked at have a biopsy ease your mind. They are doing Amazing things these days. If you are not happy go to a breast clinic and get an appointment.

Yes I had a cyst n was painful so don’t worry about it .n wait for results . have faith :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

Can’t do anything until mammogram. Dont freak out.

1 Like

Also better when it’s painful. Cancer is known as the slient killer for a reason… No symptoms most of the time… Like pain… Pain in more likely a cyst!!! Prayers

3 Likes

Yes, when I was eighteen and turned out to be a fibrous Cyst and you will be fine too.

So my mom has a lump that hurts, and really bad. They’ve already good her that is not really supposed to hurt the way hers does. She now than likely had a lipoma but is still getting a mammogram done… but get it checked get your referral/ order from your dr and make your appt asap

I had a lump in my left breast (very painful), and it was a cyst that had ruptured, also it was said by my doctor at the time “line up 10 women and 8 will have them”. Best wishes and prayers :heart::pray::pray:

Yes I had a diagnostic mammogram and they pin pointed it and then I had a biopsy. They said its a lump in my milk duct. After biopsy they inserted a marker to show up on future mammograms. It still hurts and burns but they reassured me its benign. If they didn’t refer you mammogram I would ask about it. As hard as it is try to stay positive.

Cancer tumors are usually not painful

6 Likes

Pain is good. Try not to worry and get the mammogram. :pray:

2 Likes

My daughter gets fibroids all the time.

Yes when I was in my 20’s it is calcium clusters

No te preocupes desde ahora . Espera el mammogram. Somos muchas la que hemos pasado por lo mismo. Seguramente es Benigno y de no ser así la ciencia está muy avanzada y saldrás bien de eso. Pon tu fe en Dios y verás el milagro.

1 Like

I’ve had two lumps found over a couple of years but ultrasounds and mammograms showed them to be cysts and they went away on their own

Usually if it hurts or feels tender it’s not cancerous. Times to worry is when it doesn’t hurt x

1 Like

Probably a cyst as most of the time cancer tumors are not painful - I will be praying for you

1 Like

Happened to me before but it was a cyst and went away on it’s own

3 Likes

I had a lump which was cancerous but no pain. Successfully removed

It could very well be a cyst. They can be very painful. I have had them all of my young years. When they are drained the pain goes away. Schedule your mammogram and stay in prayer.

My mom had a few lumps on her breast that turned out to be nothing. I’m not saying you shouldn’t worry at all but it’s not always worst case scenario.:heart:

Yes i have one right now and im 37. Ive had it for 2 years now. So far im good. Your doctor will tell you and do whats best for you. Prayers. :pray::pray:

I have fibercystic disease in both my breasts I’m 39 and been dealing with it since I was 25. Runs in my family. My grandmother died from breast cancer at 45. Every time I get a mammogram I leave and get called right back for an ultrasound. Luckily it’s something I can deal with, with a Dr’s help. They swell and can be very painful, and can make me lactate. Take a deep breath and take 1 step at a time. Try not to over think the mammogram, some times pain can be a good thing.

I have a Fibrous cyst and was told if it is that uncomfortable or painful they can drain it

Yes cyst are very painful. Sounds daft but painful is a good sign x

Yes, found cysts. I am the same age.

I have had a double mastectomy both times no pain was only found on mammogram. Cancer I have heard doesn’t cause pain.

2 Likes

Yes, I have a lump in my left. It’s fibrous tissue? Just extra thick tissue I think was the explanation. It can be very sore around my period x

I’ve had several cysts which were painful. More worrying if you find a lump that isn’t painful.

1 Like

I’ve had a cyst and benign tumor. Cyst hurt. Tumor did not. Both removed with no issues.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone had a breast lump with pain and been fine? - Mamas Uncut

Yeap i did mine was beign

1 Like

Mine was fibrocystic changes. Google it. Fluid can go in and out based off hormones. It hurt. Vitamin E keeps mine away.

3 Likes

Yes. Turned out to be a cyst. I’ve had 3 since the first one. Prayers

1 Like

Don’t panic until you know more hun x I know it’s hard but it could be harmless hun x

2 Likes

Yes it was beign. I did an ultrasound and they said it appeared to be fine and if I wanted to do a biopsy then or wait 6 months. I did it then bc I didn’t want to stress the 6 months

1 Like

Yes! I did last year. It was a benign cyst.

1 Like

Yes mine is a dense mass.

1 Like

Cancer is usually not painful

Yes! Mine was a cyst and changed with hormones. I had it removed and it was benign.

Yes, my sister did, it was an infection.

Yes, so painful. I couldn’t even walk. After I had my period it went away. The doc said I’ll be more prone to getting them now that I had one- but that was 8 years ago! Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen again!

I had one that was painful it was an abscess. Just needed antibiotics

I’ve had this. And was told caffeine can cause abnormal bumps. But it’s always been benign and hasn’t grown any.

Usually when they are painful they aren’t cancerous. Stay strong and positive!

1 Like

I have a cyst that gets pretty sore

Yes had one soft and squishy like a grape and hurt by time had mammo done two weeks later it was gone ! Was told that hard like a pea are the ones to watch for ! Both either would freak me out

I did and it was benign

Yes. Mine was fine. Went away on it’s own.

I get lumps in breasts if I drink too much caffeine, ever since I was 14 & found a lump and thought it was breast cancer. I just stray away from caffeine as much as possible. I have a check up in January of every year to keep an eye on them but so far I’m good. Breast cancer runs in my family so better to be safe than sorry. Prayers all is well

Usually they say when it’s painful it’s less worrisome

2 Likes

I’ve had a cyst and yes they r painful

Have very dense breast tissue with alot of cysts feel stuff all the time has been painful to touch but has never been anything. 62 strong here