Has anyone who lives with their SO but not married filed for CCS alone?

I qualify on my own with my job but together we make just over the requirements. I don’t even bring home half my paycheck after daycare cost and we have already cut out anything that isn’t a necessity (tv, internet, etc). I’m afraid to apply and they come after him for child support since I’m applying alone and not reporting any child support.
3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone who lives with their SO but not married filed for CCS alone? - Mamas Uncut

Good luck cause they will check everything n if they find out you purposely withheld income they’ll deny you

4 Likes

If you live together he and he is the father, than he is providing for his children. I wouldn’t lie or try to cheat the system!

4 Likes

CCS is not a government agency in my state, it is a nonprofit organization like the Red Cross is therefore they can not pursue or enforce any type of state or federal aide regulations. There is a fine line. Check your state laws. There are only 5 common law states, if you do not reside in those states then if you are not married you do not have to report income to which you yourself do not earn. His income is irrelevant unless he is giving it to you directly, not paying bills with it.

If you live together they will find out and ypu or him will be fined better to be honest and not cheat. That and some states can put him on child support and ganrish his checks to pay

Be careful, in some states this could be considered fraud. And you could have to pay all of it back.

1 Like

If you lie, its fraud and you can wind up in jail.

1 Like

If you live together you legally have to claim his income.

4 Likes

If they find out you guys live together you will get it taken away immediately and owe back any money they gave you, at least here it’s like that.

2 Likes

What exactly r you trying to get food stamps or child care?

I know several moms personally who doesn’t claim the dad and gets assistance. They don’t know he lives there unless you tell them. And you can choose not to get child support from the dad.

Honestly if they go for child support that’s not taxed they take that out separately so its actually more money coming directly back to the household

They will file for CS and you will be committing fraud when you lie. It’s wrong on all levels to do that, and you won’t be any better than the people who lie and play the system.

1 Like

Not all states make people pay child support if they are already contributing for their child like paying the utilities or rent monthly for the mothers household. I don’t think you have to claim his income cause you aren’t married so it’s not marital property. But you could just call anonymously and ask questions before applying.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone who lives with their SO but not married filed for CCS alone? - Mamas Uncut

I’m not sure what you mean by CCS, I assume something like food assistance. If so I can tell you they have not went after my sons father for child support or anything. Now if you file for welfare (cash assistance) I know in Alabama you have to have absolutely zero income to qualify and they will go after him for child support then. But if it’s just food assistance then he’s safe. When you apply just tell them you split the bills and you buy your own food separately. They won’t count him that way. They won’t give you extra for him but they won’t count his income either so it’s a win loose.

1 Like

I was told regardless of the living situation, you report your income based on married/not married because you only have legal entitlements if you’re married. Nothing stops him from taking off at this point (not to say that’s your situation, but that’s how they look at it). Idk what ccs is either but if you mean like wic or food stamps or help with daycare through social services, I was able to get WIC for my daughter when she was younger without them going after my ex (we have split custody, so I only wanted the WIC for my time with her because of my income at the time).

If you are even just living together you have to include their income from what people tell me. Trying to apply for anything like food stamps ect and not reporting all income in the household can get you fined and jail time.
Since you don’t make enough maybe find a work from home job.

1 Like

When you apply for assistance in my state (Michigan) it’s based on household income and if you don’t claim the dad they do go after them. Sometimes the child support will go to you and sometimes it goes to cover certain assistance you applied for, mostly medical coverage. It is different in each state though because it’s state aid not federal. They have caught people lying when taxes are filed and the same address has been used.

In Utah you have to list the income of everyone in the household married or not :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: I would say, research your state laws.

In many states if you apply for public assistance they will go after the other parent to offset the cost.

You can put him on the application as in the household but not as applying for services and don’t include his income since yall aren’t married

What happened to proper ENGLISH. These abbreviations are killing me. Or it could be old age!!! I have no idea what this person is talking about! “SO” CCS?

2 Likes

For everyone wondering ccs is child care subsidies.
Also I always put both incomes on otherwise it might look like you are single parent. And then they might want you on other benefits.
Try a home based child care they can be cheaper as they can charge per hour rather than day

What you are asking is illegal!
-If you live together you file BOTH incomes, you DON’T lie!
-If you want child support, file for child support, kick out your live in, and then apply as a single because that is the RIGHT thing to do.
-If you love your child’s father, learn to make it go on what you have, and stay living together.
Life is not a bowl of cherries, sometimes you are in the pits, dig yourself out!
Just know one thing, the children are YOUR children. They have a Mother and a Father. It is “both of your” responsibilities to finance these children, NOT the government’s job.

12 Likes

Dumbest question ever. You want someone to give you advice on how to break the law? It’s our tax dollars that you will be stealing.

6 Likes

Even if you file they will require you to file for child support as well.

1 Like

Both parents need be on the app or they will go after the absent parent.

2 Likes

They will likely come after him for CS but the money will still be in your household and likely much less than what you will be saving in childcare costs.

Talk to me when your A single mother with no child support and just made $1.00 Over the requirements and they cut you off… then maybe I’ll feel sorry for you. You don’t ask for help to try and beat the system!

7 Likes

OK real talk. What you are technically wanting to do is fraud. And there can be consequences. As long as you are living with your SO and the father of your child, you need to think of yourself as married. He is supporting his child. They will come after him for child support. I have been in this situation and sometimes hard decisions need to be made or at least you need to think outside of the box. One or both of you may need to look for a better paying job or find a less expensive daycare. If possible, you can work different shifts or shifts that allow for less daycare.

3 Likes

Montana too. They’ll come after you for child support. I actually was a single parent when I had my oldest, his father and I split up and lived states apart, and they came after him for child support when I applied for help.

Stop scamming the system and taxpayers.

3 Likes

In Texas you must file for child support.

In Texas they require you to file for child support

I know in Florida, they will come after for child support.

Same in Ohio. If you go for ANY help you have to have him with you on it or they will force Child support.

Michigan requires too

If you live together and BOTH of you support your child, trying to het CCS is wrong on all levels. To me, that is stealing from parents who ACTUALLY need the help. I had it when I was a single mom that was going to school. It’s there for a hand up not a hand out

1 Like

Risky move ! Many get caught doing this and then they will never be able to get it even if they actually do qualify financially in the future.Unfortunately having kids is expensive!

For ccs it’s like most state assistance but it’s more info and detailed and hard to get then other state assistance and income based and go by every parent income living in the home or not. So even if you don’t add him they will find him and figure out his income through tax returns unless theirs no father listed on birth certificate. By not adding him they can and will go after him to recover funds given to you or may even not qualify you but honestly if you say you don’t wanna add him chances are there’s some shady stuff going on or his income would put you over from qualifying .