Has anyone's son had to be circumcised later in life?

I have a 4-year-old son who, at six months old, we had to have circumcised due to a condition called a “chordee.” It’s apparently very painful for a male to have. I googled it after we were diagnosed, and it looks horrible. While the surgeon was doing the circumcision, it was also found that he had hypospadias as well. So, at six months, we fixed both of those issues. About a year and a half later, another surgery called a mentoplasty. (The tip of the penis is very tiny, so they cut it open more.) And then another mentoplasty about two weeks ago. Are there any other boy moms who have gone through anything similar?? I’ve asked on every parenting/baby/boy mom group I’m in and haven’t had anyone reply to me. I’ve got about a million questions. Will he look normal when he is older? Will there be a pain for him when he…? Did your son have any other surgeries related to this?? Thanks!!!

76 Likes

My son had to be recircumsized at 4 years old because the previous doctor left too much skin which then got tight around the tip of his penis and he couldn’t retract it to clean or anything. It started causing him pain. They tried to use creams to help and it only worked a few months before returning. We went ahead with the circumcision revision and I’m literally so glad we did because he is noblonger in pain. I don’t have to torcher him every day trying to clean and put on creams. It was a incision all the way around the penis and by time we got home he acted like nothing happened. I had to constantly remind him to be calm to not hurt it. He didn’t have any adhesions so it was much simpler than a whole original circumcision. We have had no more issues thus far and urology signed off on him said he should be good for life. Good luck to you.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone's son had to be circumcised later in life? - Mamas Uncut

3 Likes

My 6m old goes July 15th for his surgery on his penis. He has a curve and a rotation, so we’re getting it fixed. I’m definitely on the fence about it because I’m nervous about the anesthesia but I have faith in the doctors that will be doing the surgery. Following for others experiences as well though to help me ease my mind!

Check out Hypospadias Parent Support Group (Pro-surgery and Pro-choice)!

I think this somethin like this happened to my cousin as a baby/toddler. But I dont know any details. Maybe try this group: Natural pregnancy, birth, and baby chat ? Good luck i hope it goes well and he is better soon

I don’t know about these issues but it would probably be best to ask his doctors all these questions. They would know best how to answer.

1 Like

Both my sons n my brother had their pee hole grow closed bc they weren’t circumcised at birth

14 Likes

My brother 13 surgeries n my boys 2 each

1 Like

Kendall Lynn one thing to consider

Not nice for an 18 year old plus to have to have.
Saw numerous during my career.

3 Likes

My youngest has a very mild case of hypospadia and with covid, surgery got pushed off… now he is almost 3 and while they say it is mild and not mandatory I have all these same questions!!

My son had to be circumcised at 5 but no further surgeries.

My nephew went thru that as well and now he is 15 and perfectly normal

2 Likes

My oldest son had a hypospadias repair when he was 4 months old. He’s 4 now and we didn’t have any other issues with him

1 Like

My son had to have a circumcision revision at 6 years old. I decided to go ahead and have it done while he’s young. Best decision ever! Recovery was better than I expected.

1 Like

My nephew had to be circumcised at 9 years old…
He’s 20 now and i can assure you… Hes not suffering in any way :joy:
But way different circumstances

3 Likes

My son was 6. It was very very painful. But it healed quickly. After 2 weeks all was well again. The worst pain went away after 4 days

1 Like

My son had hypospadias with cordee as well he is now 9… he had his surgery at 6mts old…

My son was 11 when he had his done.
It wasn’t that bad

1 Like

Yes my son went through all of that. And not to be the bearer of bad news but as they grow they typically will need a few more surgeries to widen the urethra again.

1 Like

My three sons was circumcised when they were 10, 11, and 12 yrs old. After a week they were fine.

3 Likes

Yup, exactly what my son went through, four surgeries later and he’s absolutely fine now :grinning:

3 Likes

My son had gotten circumcised on his month check up at the doctor office and boy could you hear him screaming you thought somebody was killing him I know he was in pain my poor baby but never had no more problems my grandson he was born August 2014 and I believe he was circumcised pretty soon I don’t remember when but it wasn’t very long after his born and never had a problem the only problem he had was his belly button wouldn’t dry up which that eventually went away

6 Likes

My son was born with hypospadias he had surgery at 8 months end has had no other issues he’s 4 now

My son had hypospadias. He had his first surgery at 18 months old then 2 more surgeries after because original hole did not seal properly. When he was born he was partially cercumsized due to the hypospadias (naturally… Not something we had done) so when they did the first surgery they finished it off.

He is 6 now and everything is normal.

My son literally just had surgery 5 days ago for hypospadia and chordee repair! He is 8 months old and I pray he doesn’t have to have anymore surgeries in the future, I would hate that :weary: but so far he is almost completely healed and he has not acted like it has even bothered him at all.

Not sure of all the details but my husband had hypospadia when he was born. They corrected his using the skin from the circumcision. This was 37ish years ago. He functions just fine😉 although due to some scar tissue he doesn’t exactly urinate a straight stream🤷‍♀️. We have 2 beautiful babies too. I’m sure science has only gotten better at this point.

4 Likes

My son was circumcised in the hospital after he was born…no issues afterwards

6 Likes

I have a nephew that 8 and will be getting it done I know it’s everyone choose but I firm believe this should be done while they are newborns prevents later in life infections I know people that get infections all the time from the overlapped skin

14 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Has anyone's son had to be circumcised later in life? - Mamas Uncut

My son had hypospadias surgery at 14 months. He’s 13 now, and everything looks normal.

My son is five and we may have to circumcise him because his foreskin is basically too tight and it’s causing him pain. He gets bleeding a lot and everything is swollen and purple when you pull the foreskin back. It’s hard to think about him doing this at almost 6 years old but I hate watching him being in pain

1 Like

My sons foreskin stopped retracting at age 5/6 and then started growing more.
It got tighter and tighter until her couldn’t pee at age 9
So he just had a circumcision.
It just happened a few weeks ago and has taken a while to heal and still not fully healed.
It’s better the younger they are.
I’m no help with your particular issues…
But all I know is, do not ( when he is old enough to understand) ever point out the surgeries or the fact he is different if there is some sort of difference.
Otherwise he might get a non positive body issue.

2 Likes

He we be fine our son hade the same

1 Like

My son (who is now 13) was born with a hypospadios.
They circumcised him after his first repair (age 1)
Each year until he was 4 a new opening would form, so he had 4 surgeries for his Hypospadius.
His fifth surgery was then to remove all the scar tissue .
He has had no issues since.
It is so heartbreaking watching them go through that.
Good luck momma :heart:

1 Like

My son at 1yr had all 3 of these done at once. He healed well and fast. The older they are the harder the healing process.

My son had to have his pee hole cut also at 4 years old. Doctors told us that was pretty common thing but he didnt have any trouble with his

My youngest son was born with a cordee. When he was 9 months old he had to have surgery to fix it. When we went to his pre OP appointment they told me that urethra hole was not on the top of his penis and that they would have to close the one up on the side and make a new urethra hole on the top of his penis and he would have a catheter for a month to make sure the hole stayed open. Well he is now 7 and pees out of 2 holes… my son thinks it’s cool to be able to do that but we have to reschedule his urology appointment now that everything is opening back up… my son is fine but when they first told me I freaked.

1 Like

My son started growing a cyst inside the head of his penis and urinary tract when he was 2. The doctors swore they weren’t concerned, until he was almost 6, and the cyst had grown to a considerable size and was infected. They had to put him to sleep and cut the cyst out, which means they had to open the head and stitch him up. (My son is autistic by the way) poor kid wasn’t willing to sit on his bottom or have his diapers changed for months, but we had to force changing anyway. It is now a year later and he’s fully recovered and doesn’t seem to have any lingering issues. He doesn’t like having his penis washed or cleaned Out of paranoia, but he tolerates it alright. I hope things get better for you and your son!

My son had it . And everything is good .

I hope you find answers and prayers for you❤

Yes. My son was born with hypospadias with severe chordee. At 2 months old he had his first operation, at 1 he has a second one. The doctors at CHOP reconstructed it to make it look circumcised. He’s 9 now and doesn’t remember any of it and is fine.

My son was born with hypospadias, and at 6 months old he had the surgery and was circumcised. He is now 7 and everything is fine.

Where I’m from, males get circumcised at the age of 6, 10 and some even older but not beyond the age of 12😐

2 Likes

If this page were private, you would get more responses.

5 Likes

I had a son get circumcised at 1 yr old and another at 7 yrs old. The 1 yr old they thought had hypospadias so they waited. His diaper and urinating made it painful. Our 7 yr old was running at the park the same afternoon and he just had to watch what underwear he put on for a few days

My son had hypospadius. He had the surgery at 13 months. Then had essentially a semi circ. As the operation was a success, we went ahead and removed the excess skin, and the doctor neatened up the surgical site. This was done recently at about 2.5.
He didn’t require urethra widening at 2nd surgery which was a good sign.

1 Like

A mentoplasty is chin surgery. Do you mean meatotomy?

1 Like

There’s a hypospadias group on fb hun. One mostly American and there’s a uk one too. You’ll get answers there x

My son had a hypospadious and chord e repair when he was 2. Now at almost 11 he still hasn’t complained of pain ever.

My son was born with epispadias and and only patches of foreskin. He had surgery at 3 months to repair everything and hasn’t had a problem since, he’s almost 9.

Both of my boys were hypospadias that both had surgery my first boy was like 8 months old my other boy was over 1 qnd now I have a 4 and 2 year old that have no problem

We had my youngest done at 9 and he took it like a champ and he is 12 now no issues

Any Australian mothers who’ve faced these issues (or circumcised at birth) are welcome to join this group - Circmums Australia: Proud Australian Mothers of Circumcised Sons | Facebook

2 Likes

Go to your whole baby fb page for help. There are medical professionals there that know their stuff. And it sounds like they keep chopping at your sons healthy penis.
Doctors are known to say a healthy boy needs circumcision.
As long as he can pee let him be.

I have a cousin that decided to get circumcised when he was like 19 or so. He said it was a horrible decision lol

5 Likes

I would ask those questions of a pediatric urologist. See if you can get video appointment.

My son is 5months and he’s getting circumcised next month since his Urethra is twisted he also had hydrocele so he’s going to need that checked out as well. But I’ll update my comment when he gets his done

1 Like

My son had his chordee & hyposadia surgery when he was 1. The pediatric urologist was confident that he shouldn’t have any more issues. I would definitely bring any of your concerns to the doctors attention because that’s what they are there for!

My son had surgery at 6 months for major hypospadius and hooded penis. He’s been fine since then and will be 4 this November.

My son who is now 9 years old had hypospadias and had it repaired at 8 months old and also circumcision. I have noticed for a while that it takes him a long time wee and has to wee a fare bit I’ve bn wondering if he whole is to small

My brother had to at 13

1 Like

My son at the age of 10

1 Like

Yep my son had to have his re visited at 5 because of urethra.

1 Like

I did. My son had hypospadias as well. He only had one surgery. He doesn’t experience any pain. But he’s 5 now still has to wear pull ups to bed.

1 Like

This would’ve healed on its own if you didn’t go chopping healthy parts of his penis off. He will definitely have a lifetime of pain and problems now.

And what problems does that cause to the point you need to completely expose the glans?

18 Likes

Every one of those was unnecessary.

Tell your “doctor” congrats on his new boat.

20 Likes

My son had hypospadias he had to get circumcised at 3 months he’s five now he’s fine and it looks normal just a little tiny scar on the bottom

5 Likes

Meateoplasty/meateotomy is pretty commonly needed to be done after circumcisions. Circumcision causes scar tissue to build up and that’s what causes the hole to be small. My second son had to have a meateotomy done at 6. He doesn’t have hypospadias or chordee but from other people I’ve known who’s boys do have it it’s something that should have been left alone until he was done growing unless he wasn’t able to pee. Less risk of complications and more surgeries needed of left until they’re done growing. :frowning:

12 Likes

Those are all caused from circumcision, geese

8 Likes

I question the science behind the idea that removing the foreskin from the penis solves everything from bed wetting, to cancer, to chordee.

If he can pee, let it be.

Well if you’d have left the foreskin alone he could have had plenty of skin for any potential cosmetic or functional reconstruction, but now if he’s mangled, he’s mangled, with no going back. Moms you gotta stop listening to these money hungry doctors so blindly, if your child can pee and isn’t in pain, and their function isn’t currently being significantly impacted, THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE.

25 Likes

Chordee and hypospedias are both painless cosmetic issues as long as kiddo can pee fine.

15 Likes

My son has hypospadias but his is mild and as he can pee we decided to leave corrective surgery up to him as well as circumcision until he’s an adult. Unfortunately correcting it at this age has a pretty high failure rate. If he can pee I’d suggest leaving it alone for now until he grows which will leave the surgeon more to work with so to speak.

11 Likes

My son was born with hypospadias, he had surgery when he was around 2. Everything is fine

6 Likes

Wow. Your doctor just made a shit ton of money for a procedure that should’ve never happened in the first place.
My ex was 32 with chordee and it has never effected him.

I suggest doing more than just a google search when planning on altering your child’s genitals.

I don’t have any advice for you unfortunately. But I would like to say that if it isn’t your child, keep your mouth shut about your opinions. She asked for advice from people who may have been in the same situation, she didn’t ask to be ridiculed. Her child, her choice. My son was circumcised and is perfectly fine. My child, my choice. Quit being so damn rude. If you don’t have advice, keep it moving. I’m sorry there are so many shit people in the world. You do what is best for your child.

That poor child. All of that because doctors can’t fathom NOT being mutilators :sob:

15 Likes

my son had 2 surgeries for hypospadias repair at 9 months and 18 months old…
my son is 15 with severe autism so I still have to help bathe him every day and change his pull ups, and he does have a scar from where his hole used to be, but its not really noticeable.

2 Likes

No he will not look normal or be normal because you allowed him to be mutilated (circumcised) and the Circumcision caused his urethra to become too constricted TWICE and could continue to have the same issue throughout his life, all because something was forced on him without his consent, not to mention all the sexual damage you caused.

16 Likes

My intact boys are happy and healthy at age 15.

7 Likes

Mine at 6 years old and it wasn’t easy for him.

2 Likes

My son had hypospadias. He had surgery at 6 months. He’s six now and looks fine. Idk about the other conditions. Wish I could be more help.

2 Likes

If you really want to learn more about Circumcision, watch American Circumcision Its an eye opener. Many years ago we didn’t have the information we have now right at our fingertips, on the internet, research learn and do better. Know better, do better.

6 Likes

doctors try to tell parents that Circumcision is cleaner, it’s not. The foreskin is fused to the head of the penis like a glove, until about 10-13yo around puberty it will retract on it’s own, which should only be done by the person the penis is attached too, you dont have to pull back the foreskin to clean it. Pulling the foreskin to clean it is actually harmful to the child, causes damage to the foreskin and is extremely painful. 70-80% of the world’s men are intact, not circumcised, no other country has problems with their foreskin, odd right?

Doctors and nurses try to tell parents, it’s not painful, it’s only a small amount of skin, he didn’t even cry slept right thru it. Those are lies. Imagine shoving a metal probe under your fingernail and ripping it off, sounds painful right? That’s how the doctor unattaches the fused foreskin from the head of the penis. Then clamps the foreskin to cut it off. There are different tools they claim are less painful, LIES, all lies. Yes they claim they numb it, but they also claim it’s a 20 minute procedure, that anesthesia takes 30 minutes to take effect. So there is no way the pain relief had a full chance to take effect for it to not hurt. WAKE UP PP

Learn the truth and do better, boys deserve the right to their own body. I am eternally grateful for my friend Vee Savage cause of her posts about Circumcision, I read her posts and listened, learned and my son is whole.

3 Likes

Circumcision is the largest medical scam in the world, doctors lie to parents and parents believe them cause they are DOCTORS. There are tons of American doctors speaking out against Circumcision, there are also tons of men upset that their parents made the decision to Circumcise them, yes these men exist. I AM NOT THANKFUL Bloodstained Men & Their Friends Doctors Opposing Circumcision

9 Likes

It’s also NOT a parents choice to circumcise their child, parents dont own their child’s body, children aren’t slaves to be owned, women want to scream MY BODY MY CHOICE, well boys/men deserve the right to decide what they want for THEIR BODY. Are you aware over 100 babies die every year due to complications from Circumcision?

7 Likes

Do you really think god created man with foreskin, then after thought to himself, oops that’s not supposed to be there, better cut that off. If your religion expects you to cut healthy tissue off your child, you might want to rethink your religion.

9 Likes

How many of you actually know the functions of the foreskin, are you aware there are about 20,000 nerves in the foreskin, making sex 100x more pleasurable for men. For many women sex is painful with a circumcised penis, cause its dry, which is why lube exists, hmm another marketing tool.

Did you know that doctors tried to claim that Circumcision would cure bedwetting, epilepsy, and a bunch of other false claims. Circumcision doesn’t prevent HIV or STDs, condoms do, nor does it cause cervical cancer. There is a 1% chance a boy might get an infection in his lifetime, girls have way more skin down there, get way more infections, yet are treated with antibiotics, hmm I wonder why?

9 Likes

Some of y’all on here shaming other moms are horrible,
She said on here that she left her son intact until he was 6 months because he had to have surgery done due to a medical condition, she’s just trying to be a good mom y’all, shaming her isn’t gonna do anything except make her feel bad about herself for trying to do what’s best for her son
There’s a better way to express your opinions than being nasty and trying to make other moms feel bad

43 Likes

Holyyyyyyyyy crap. The woman is in search of somebody that has been through similar circumstances because she’s worried about her child. Stop shaming her! You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Women need to support, guide, and encourage each other. Let’s take it back to kindergarten here- if you don’t have anything nice to say, DON’T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

33 Likes

Clearly people didn’t read your post. He wasn’t circumcised at birth he had to later on due to a medical issue :unamused:

10 Likes

Wow some of you all are just something else. She clearly set out to keep intact. Circumcision do not usually happen at 6mo more like days old maybe a week or two.

He started having health problems and doing the best she can and following MEDICAL Advice the best she could had his circumcised and you all want to attack her like you all know the way to parent 100% and NEVER have to ask about anything ever! Come on! We all are parenting the best we feel is right for our children as we navigate everything thrown at all. Thank God I have the ability to stand up for myself and to stand by my decisions that I have made to the best of my ability but you never know the next person might not and you shaming and borderline bullying them might end in a tragic way! Damn! You can have opinions without tearing someone down. I promise if you come at me with the energy most of have I won’t listen to a thing you saying! The way you deliver it matters if you are rude and hateful and shameful I won’t listen to a thing you saying so what good does that do? Huh? Nothing! Not a damn thing! Wow!