Home remedies for thrush?

Home remedies that are safe to treat thrush in a 1 month old? Also he is breastfed.

4 Likes

I strongly advise you just take them to a doctor.

8 Likes

A doctor would be able to provide you with what you could give a 1 month old. When my girls were a little older, I used yogurt

1 Like

You need to go to the doctor and you BOTH need to be treated or else you’ll just continue to pass it back and forth.

5 Likes

No home remedies will be safe for a 1 month old.

5 Likes

Just go to the doctors you both need to be treated.

2 Likes

You need medicine to get rid of it.

1 Like

None. PRESCRIBED MEDICINE

4 Likes

go to a doctor! This is a baby we’re talking about.

3 Likes

You need to go to the doctor.

2 Likes

The ONLY thing that can get rid of it is a prescription medicine. PLEASE take your baby to the dr. Thrush is painful. You need medicine too so you don’t just keep giving it to your baby

3 Likes

Doctors will give you medicine

2 Likes

Take them and yourself to a doctor and get rx meds. It is the only way to get rid of it.

1 Like

Go to a doctor. Thrush is very painful and you and he will just pass it back and forth.

1 Like

Thrush is a yeast infection. My pediatrician told me when saw me with my kids pacifier in my mouth (was changing a diaper and had no where to put it down) that I could ive it to myself that way so it’s also contagious. Just get the medication

A doctor can confirm that’s what it is but they actually dont/shouldn’t prescribe antibiotics its a form of yeast infection & antibiotics will in fact make it worse. There are anti fungal creams, as well as mouthwash, & salt water rinses. Lanolin is great and acts as a barrier if you’re breastfeeding so you don’t keep catching it back and forth.

Thrush is like a yeast infection over the counter or home remedies wont work. You need a prescription for something that can be used in the mouth

Its an oral yeast infection that takes medication. It is oossible it will go away on its own in two weeks. But since your baby is so young, take them to the doctor to be safe. Bc thrush can hurt u badly too.

None. You need to see a doctor

1 Like

You can get a yeast infection in your breasts if he is breastfed use a nipple gaurd until your doctor prescribes you both antibiotics

The docd give you medicine to rub inside the mouth for about a week and it should clear up my daughter had to have 2 rounds of it though…sterilize all pacifiers and bottle nipples

Call the dr. You’ll have to be treated too. My aunt got thrush on her nipples.

I believe you can use daktarin (unsure of spelling).

1 Like

He needs cream from a Dr hun but my advise is use any kind of oil to clean baby’s bum let that soak in the use a cream after that’s soaked in use breastmilk my baby’s got it so I’ve been doing this and it’s nearly gone x

I had to go to the doctor to get medicine for it.

1 Like

Both mom and baby need to be treated, go to the dr keep nipples clean and dry, they give tge baby drops 4x a day for about 10 days it clear up both my son were breastfed it happen only once with each son

Op adds

we have an appointment tomorrow morning I just wanted to see ways to ease it so he can eat without hurting or the fussing until then

2 Likes

Way back when my baby got it at just a new born age, the dr. gave a prescription for some purple medicine. Had to rub it all around his mouth. It was amazing how fast it worked. But that stuff would not wash out of anything.Everything that got any on it had to be thrown away.stained bad.A real pretty color of purple… Lol… I cant remember the name.But the dr. said back in the old old days people would use it on animal’s too because it worked so good & fast. I guess on animal’s cut s or whatever…

1 Like

Genetian violet ( not sure if I spelt that right) it works great though! Got rid of my babies thrush in 2 days!

Gentian Violet! Use twice daily for 5 days. You can only find it at old pharmacy. Ask pharmacist for it, they normally will ask what you need it for tell them. NOTE…IT WILL STAIN EVERYTHING PURPLE! You will need to treat your nipples to. Bleach all bras is scalding hot water. And use disposable pads.

See a doctor. It can get worse if not treated correctly or effectively. My daughter had it and even with medicine it took at least a month or so to clear up.