Hospital bag must haves?

What are some must haves for your hospital bag. I went overboard with my first one and don’t want to do that again

5 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Hospital bag must haves?

Yoga pants.
Night time nursing bras so comfy.
My own sock
Hygiene products
Tank tops

Snacks. Always pack the snacks

I would suggest loose underwear and clothes. Johnson’s baby wash for you and your lady parts and this. Music playlist. Your favorite pillow. Tell hubby not to wear your favorite cologne after labor it might make you want to fight him. :rofl:. Pack light. Hubby/partner can run an errand if you need something. Just focus on necessities. Don’t stress. My kids are gonna be 30 and 23 this year (not sure where the time went) but I very clearly remember all of the preparations which went out the window. Babies come when they come and and even if you have 3,753 suitcases packed you’ll be missing something. Just don’t worry. Rely on your people. Love and hugs.

Make sure you have some gel packs in your freezer at home for vaginal swelling. If you have an episiotomy ask the OB about putting a little lysterine in the bottle to soothe the tissue.

Chapstick, favorite pillow, hair ties, something comfy, socks, preferred shower items, phone charger, contacts/glasses, dry shampoo.

1 Like

Use whatever the hospital provides you I didn’t use any of my own underwear because I didn’t want to ruin them pack a small thing of toiletries I cut my hair short before giving birth because this summer heat killed me so I didn’t need hair ties but if you do definitely pack them nursing bras if you plan to breastfeed if not pack your own formula just incase my hospital never heard of the formula I used so I packed it I also only wanted pampers being used on her so I packed those as well because I’m not a fan of huggies phone charger going home outfit I stayed in my hospital gown the whole time I was there made things easier especially with breastfeeding definitely pack your own nonslip socks

Change for vending machines

Went in both times with nothing! All was fabulous! Relax!

I took next to nothing with my last. A small bag that had my phone charger and tooth brush in as well as her coming home outfit.

The comfy clothes that I wore into the hospital are what I wore home, I was in a gown the whole time I was there. The hospital provided all necessities for me and her while there. I had flowers and balloons and a brand new baby to get home. I didn’t need a suitcase to worry about too.

l Get paid over $134 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16589 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarWorth952.pages.dev/

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Hospital bag must haves?

1 Like

Chapstick and my own pillow were my life savers!!!

Pj pants, older undies, comfy shirt and sweater if needed, book, snacks and Gatorade, hair brush and toothbrush/paste

Definitely a long phone charger. I also like to bring a thick blanket and extra pillow cause those rooms get so cold

Pads! The hospital bricks are HORRIBLE. One thing I wish I would have known with my first (especially since I had to get stitches)

Phone charger
Comfy pants
Blanket
Pillow
If you plan on nursing, nursing bras and/or button up shirts
Socks/bedroom shoes
Vending machine money

Socks, lotion, chap stick,

Super comfy period underwear. A comfy nightgown. Baby blanket. Baby outfits. Phone charger. Overnight pads.

1 Like

Get yourself an ice pack, comfy clothes, extra hair ties, (don’t forget the brush like I did LMAO) warm socks, (those hospital rooms are so cold) snacks that you like (so you don’t have to use the vending machines) body armor drinks if you’re breastfeeding. Obviously extra underwear. Soft blanket and pillow.

1 Like

Pillows and nightgowns

Comfy clothes mostly. Phone and phone charger weren’t really issues for me, my youngest turns 15 tomorrow lol.

1 Like

Shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, socks, comfy clothing, phone charger. Snacks and/or change for the vending machine. That was all I needed with both boys

Snacks snacks and more snacks. Everything else I could live without but I had both girls super late and had no food options until morning

Dermoplast spray!
Blanket/pillow
Hair ties
Brush
Baby outfits
Charger
Warm socks
House shoes
Snacks/change
Toothbrush/paste

A charger for my phone, iPad (loaded with books and music), and watch; a nice, long, warm sweater; clean pairs of panties; pairs of socks with gripper pads; deodorant; my electric tooth brush and Crest toothpaste; dental floss; hand sanitizer; tissues; a roll of TP (I hate the cheap stuff); thick hand cream; blistex; an Emory board; and my other medications including my infusion meds: Tymlos and Cuvitru. If I still have room in my bag, I will stuff in some pump hand soap and a gel room fragrance that I know I’m not allergic to plus a couple of bottles of a sports drink and maybe a snack, if my diet isn’t being restricted. I also bring my c-pap with clean filters, mask and hoses. And a clean baggy outfit to go home in.

1 Like

Socks and slippers . Don’t want to get dirty . Lip balm and hand cream . Toothbrush and floss and toothpaste. And all
The rest

Personal hygiene items (soap, shampoo, toothpaste & brush, hair brush, pads, wet wipes, etc), gowns, underwear, socks, snacks, phone charger & phone, crossword puzzle/word find book (or any other “sitting” hobby you might have) and don’t forget to bring something to wear when you leave the hospital. Keep in mind that your pre-maternity clothes might not fit … you want to wear something loose and comfy. Also, check the weather … you might need a sweater or coat to wear home if it’s going to be cool or raining.

Now, you’ll also need a diaper bag for baby, and a few outfits for baby, with a couple of blankets, socks, etc, and they won’t let you leave the hospital without a properly installed car seat for baby. You might want to get one of those that snaps into the base, so you can have it in the hospital to carry baby out to the vehicle. You’ll need a head support for the baby’s car seat as well. Good luck!

Snacks ! Hospital food ain’t that great :laughing:
Comfy pjs and toiletries is all I really took, had my second 6 days ago :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

l Get paid over $114 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $12941 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarpayDay232.pages.dev/

Chapstick socks soft blankie(for myself). Phone charger. A gown some real pads(hospitals suck). Hair tie n brush.

Comfy clothes whatever you prefer sweat pants tank tops etc
I loved sleeping in the
long nightgowns
And I also brung like a mini bag
For travel size toothpaste toothbrush mouthwash shampoo conditioner body wash hairbrush hairbow
Deodorant chapstick
They do supply a breast pump but I didn’t like the hospitals
They do supply you with blankets and pillows but you can bring your own
I would suggest bringing a towel there’s is so rough
I brung snacks and change and then my bf went and ordered food I don’t like hospital food
I also brung my own notepad and pen to keep up with diaper changes and feeds because they will ask you every time they come in the room
I also brung clothes for my twins there nightgowns and sleepers that zip up instead of buttoning with the mittens built in
Phone charger

I had to have my robe it was so cold and comfortable pants

Personal pillow and blanket
Light weight Stretchy pants with drawstring
Nursing tank tops
Nighttime nursing bras
Hair brush and hair bow
Deodorant
12 foot phone charger
-2 Empty reusable bags yo bring home extra stuff or gifts that are dropped by

Just had my daughter 11 days ago and significantly overpacked. I truly thought I was going to be changing my clothes once a day… I stayed in the mesh underwear and hospital gown for 2 of the 3 days I was there. Definitely benefitted from chapstick, a 10 foot charging cord, my own pillow, a change or two of clothes (assuming you’ll only be there for two/three days), outfits for baby, and snacks but the hospital truly has everything you need. Save all your post-natal care stuff that you purchased for at home!