How am I going to manage?

Always look at the pros of the situation you are in and utilize them! Pros: You’re not with the POS father. And I know he’s a POS by the way you don’t mention child support OR him coming around to pick up his child for visitations. PRO: You’re young and strong. You won’t wear out easily. PRO: You have a mother’s love for your child that nobody or nothing will ever break! PRO: You haven’t been “beat down” by the world. You can look at everything with fresh eyes and assume you can do it:) As others have said, use every program you can find. There are many out there designed to help you. Get into subsidized housing or find a way to get an RV trailer and a friend who will let you set it up on their land or in their driveway. Start working on your credit rating. Get a SMALL car loan and student loan. Start taking college classes whether you know what you want to do with a degree or not. You still need the basic classes of math, English, science, psych, history, etc. before you fine-tune it to fit a degree. The job sounds great… IF you can take your daughter with you. Otherwise the pay is not enough. Take one or even two college classes at night from 5-8pm, is what I did, one or two nights a week or Sat mornings. Do NOT take time away from your child by dating or by trying to have a perfect 4.0 grade point average. It’s not worth it and your child is more important. There is nothing wrong with making B’s. Find a government program that pays for childcare while you’re in class. Try not to worry that you’re away from your child too much… it’s quality of time, not quanity that will bless her childhood. Make sure when you’re with her, that you’re actually THERE and participating with her in doing things. And DON’T under any circumstances date OR get pregnant again. Raise your child, focus on education and supporting her, not men. Don’t bring strange men around your child.

What’s the reason you haven’t filed for child support? Is there more to this?

Join a church, get involved in the community so you can qualify for resources. Work odd jobs, if you have your license grub hub and instacart will change your whole situation

Public assistance. You will need help with childcare expenses.

I know some daycares in Pensacola are paying more than 8.00 an hour. I know they will also let your child be enrolled where at the same daycare for half the price. You more than likely will, also be eligible for childcare assistance, rent assistance, food stamps, etc. Also check for help with utilities. There is a shortage of daycare workers, so you may be able to work while your finishing your certification and also get help with childcare. Try “Cokesbury” on 9th Ave.

You will surprise yourself :kissing_heart:

Praying for you :pray::cherry_blossom::shamrock::eagle::heavy_heart_exclamation:

Be Strong & of Good Courage !!! If You Can Have A Child ,The You Will Always Have A Way to Support The Child !!! If You Get on at A Day Care CTR. Let Them Know Your Child Will Be There Learning ,& Meeting Other Babies & Kids. She Will Probably Learn Faster. Just Pray . GOD takes Care of Everything. Just Hug Your Baby . & Be The Very Best Mother You Can Be, Everything Will Fall into Place !!!

2 Likes

Neighbors. Local churches

Welfare, food stamps,wic

I don’t know where you I’ve but in the US IF a single mom makes under a certain amount of money she gets free or reduced rate child care, food stamps , free health care for the child. That allows them to work and afford the necessatoes of life… check out what you are entitled to.

2 Likes

I would look into a part time job like Amazon that pays $15+ an hour. And apply for government assistance and child support. I was single mom for a very long time and the main thing that got me through was having faith that God will provide. Every time I had no idea how I was going to make it through another month, God always made a way.

As all these wonderful women have stated, YOU CAN DO THIS…one step at a time, one day at a time. Women over the ages have done it. I’m a great grandmother…I was a single mom, worked and raised my kids…Stand tall, stand proud and go forward. God Bless you.

9 Likes

Local churches help others in the community even if you don’t go to that church

2 Likes

There is help…reach out.

Sweetie you can do it! I raised two with no help! Be proud of yourself! Be sure you get in all programs that you can do! Utiluze your food banks… love love love that sweet baby of yours… teach her!! And please get into a church of your choice & teach her about God. He will see you thru ! Your church people should be of help also. If not find a church that is supportive… we are lucky here to have the best pastor that really takes care of his congregation.

19 Likes

You will because you must. Moms always find a way. It is scary, but you are not alone. Try finding mom support group, or start one! Lots of communities have programs that help subsidize daycare costs. Just don’t ever tell yourself you can’t.

14 Likes

You just do the best you can

2 Likes

Review what options u have , maybe social services in your country can assist . Your ex should be held accountable for support . Raising children is the most difficult and rewarding experience u will ever have . I wish u well

I figured since everyone was giving you a parent’s perspective, I thought I would give a child’s. My mother was a single parent of 2 kids, one of which was me. I never starved, went without clothes or love. I appreciated the value of things when I became an adult. You will be ok and so will your daughter. Have faith and work hard. Sacrifice. You will be rewarded 10-fold. Good luck and God bless you.

look for daycare while your at work, there are programs that help with the cost. When husband walked out on us my kids were 3 & 5 It was always a struggle because child support was not consistent. Always hard time keeping roof over our head, faced going to a shelter. But tried to keep kids life as consistent as possible, always staying in same school district so as not to change schools and keep same friends Don’t know how I did it ? :woman_shrugging:. But my kids kept me going, because everything was for them. Look for all assistance programs you qualify for
Good Luck, you can do it as we all have

God is with you pray everyday and he will show you the way all you have to do is believe in him and you will be fine.

Look for help with United Way. Your local Women Support Group

I have done it on my own too and u can too, just got me day at a time and before u know it 20yrs pass by

I raised one on my own,it was little hard,but I did it.

You’ll find a way to do it. Just take a day at a time

Where is the dad? He should be paying child support! That will help some.

You train for a job that pays enough for you to afford daycare

People have been doing it for centuries. Make friends get involved with groups, church. Good luck.