How are your kids doing in school?

Is anyone elese childs still behind in school because of covid? are you going to hold them back or try to make it work next year? i am a loss with what to do about my daughter…she is very behind in reading and writing, no matter how much i work with her. But I know its because she has missed so much school do to close covid contacts

8 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How are your kids doing in school? - Mamas Uncut

My son was failing first. He couldn’t read the set number of words per minute. We worked everyday that summer. He used starfall on the computer. He was retested at the start of the school year and mastered reading. He entered 2nd no issue. He’ll be a senior this fall.

That’s a tough one. What does your child’s teacher say? Are you going to send her to summer school? What grade is she in? Are there tutors in your area? What about Sylvan Learning Centers? I would check it out.

What about getting her a tutor, or enrolling her in a school type summer program

My 5 year old is more then likely repeating kindergarten. Due to being behind thinks to covid

Our daughter that we already had to hold back once because of covid, her school is more strict on guidelines so she’s missed more school this year too, she’s doing okay, but not at the level she should be. My other one did fine with virtual learning and got to move up a grade and her school is less strict about covid, so she’s missed a lot less school, she will be moving up again. It all depends on if you think you can catch your child up to level before next school year, also what grade they are in (I feel like holding a child back in middle school or high school is a lot harder on a kid) can your child succeed the next level of school if you move them up.

My teens are fine. My daughters grades are much better this year than they were last year while she was virtual, but she still was passing. My son is doing much better virtual than he did in school. Of course I had to stay on top of things so they wouldn’t fall behind while virtual learning but they are both on grade level and my oldest is above grade level.

Hold her back if necessary so she doesnt struggle. My youngest was held back a yr it happens alot around this age for lotta diff reasons.

They sent mine home because he sniffled once. Took 10 days off just waiting for a test result (that was negative). Insisted remote learning from home to avoid their BS till graduation. Glad that is over with, what a drag.

All kids are “behind” essentially. They all missed out and are in the same boat. I would highly recommend a conversation with your child’s teacher and counselor to learn their opinions and if holding back is a good option or not.

1 Like

It’s hard for mom to teach kids. Can school offer you help I’m sure this is happening to other parents!

l get paid over $125 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $12214 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://dollargalexy9.neocities.org/

We did an online tutor for my 11yr old when she was falling behind in math. Now she’s back in school and getting A’s in math it helps

Keep working on a constantly daily 3to 4 times a day to get her to be able to read. Learning starts ar home don’t depend on any district to help tour child succeed.

One of the many reasons why I pulled my son this yr and homeschooled him. He’s now not only not behind but he is ahead.

3 Likes

Is the school offering her extra help? Does she have an IEP?

This is incredible wow :star_struck: I never knew investment in this trading platform is so profitable what a massive profit :partying_face: . Thanks so much Mrs lisa jennifer :two_hearts: for my successful investment am really grateful, to me this is more than a miracle securedbasefxoption is the best trading platform :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Mrs lisa jennifer

𝖨𝗇𝗏𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝗈𝗇 𝖼𝗋𝗒𝗉𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖺 𝗅𝖾𝗀𝗂𝗍 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗋. 𝖠𝗇𝖽 𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗇 𝖾𝗇𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 𝗆𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗒 𝗍𝗈 𝖼𝖾𝗅𝖾𝖻𝗋𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗁𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖽𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗂 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗌𝗎𝖼𝖼𝖾𝗌𝗌𝖿𝗎𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁𝖽𝗋𝖾𝗐 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖿𝗂𝗍𝗌 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗁𝗂𝗆 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗆 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗌𝗈 𝖼𝗈𝗈𝗅 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝖽𝖾𝗅𝖺𝗒 𝗈𝗋 𝖽𝗂𝖿𝖿𝗂𝖼𝗎𝗅𝗍𝗒. 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝗁𝗂𝗆 𝗇𝗈𝗐
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:
:envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow:

You didn’t say how old your child is, but I figured about 3rd grade? My brother was held back in 3 rd grade. It was really good for him. He felt so much better. He didn’t have to struggle so much. Got B’s and he was much happier.

Dont worry, she can do summer school to help catch her up. Also buy abc mouse! I swear it help alot for reading. And prodigy for math! My daughter was behind and now she is advanced in reading, spelling, and math.