How can I explain to my christian family that I am pregnant from a one night stand?

How in the world can I tell my family that I am pregnant when I am not in a relationship? I got pregnant from a one night stand at a wild night in a bar and my family are very very christian…this guy and I are on the same page with parenting and he has been there for me and attended appointments but really we are just friends and thats it…hes a great guy and all i just dont really know him so i dont want a relationship…but he is stepping up to the plate to be a dad i just dont know how to explain this to my family…help

302 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How can I explain to my christian family that I am pregnant from a one night stand?preg

Tell em to fawk off​:woozy_face::woozy_face:

7 Likes

Tell them and if they judge you they aren’t really Christians now are they. They can either accept it and be in yalls lives or go their own way.

13 Likes

Just be honest with them. They’re gonna react the same way no matter how you do it.

6 Likes

Just have people who support you in life. I learned in my thirties to keep my circle small. I use to care too much, and really it never mattered. I am returning that energy into my small family, which you will have soon.

2 Likes

Just tell them either they accept or they don’t you really don’t need anyone’s approval even if they are mad at first they will get over it

Just tell them. Their reaction might surprise you. Especially if they’re truly christians

6 Likes

Just tell them that you had been seeing him on and off. They do t need to know the truth

6 Likes

It’s literally none of their business, all they need to know is your pregnant and having a baby.

3 Likes

Well if they were true Christians and they loved you they wouldn’t judge you and they would be there for you.

18 Likes

Don’t :woman_shrugging:t2: . They will know soon enough and then if they judge you , they aren’t true Christians . And set boundaries now , before you can’t . If they can’t be mature , and respect the situation , forget them .

You owe no one an explanation

2 Likes

My family is the exact same. My dad is a preacher. I just had to suck it up and tell them! They were very loving as the Bible says you should be. They completely told me everything would be okay and they love me no matter what! They love my sweet baby boy more than anything! If they just can’t accept it, as hard as it may be, you have to understand sometimes it’s okay to cut family out of your life.

The truth is always best! If they are Christian they know we as humans fall short all the time that’s why Jesus accepts us when we ask for forgiveness!

2 Likes

Just tell them. Idk why religion gives you a free pass to judge everyone else.

9 Likes

Tell them that it is God’s plan.

6 Likes

They don’t need to know the truth, it’s none of their business how it happened tbh. Just tell them he’s someone you’ve been seeing.

1 Like

The world is a different place these days. Their reaction might surprise you. And even if they have a bad reaction once that baby comes everyone will be over the moon about it.

8 Likes

Just be honest with them. Now he’ll have time to man up

1 Like

You just tell them. If they’re truly living their Christian beliefs you should only get their love and their grace as a reaction.

4 Likes

You dont have to explain anything to anyone.

4 Likes

Just tell them. Theres worse things than being pregnant.
Congratulations :tada:

2 Likes

Just be honest. If they can’t accept thier grandchildren however it came to be then the hell with them.

3 Likes

My family is too but a baby is a blessing regardless. You and dad talk. Have a plan. Tell your family together. Tell them you’d like their support but if not then you’ll be disappointed and will go

3 Likes

You just tell them. God put his son on the cross to die for our sins. Your relationship with God is YOURS. Not theirs.

5 Likes

Just say it, be honest, own up to it. Do it.

1 Like

Don’t explain it. You don’t owe anyone an explanation. If they ask tell them the truth: You and the father are not together but are going to raise this child and coparent the best you can.

You don’t have to give anyone details. It’s weird that people need to know when, how, and with whom a child was conceived. I’d flat out tell them that.

:woman_shrugging:t4::woman_shrugging:t4::woman_shrugging:t4:

19 Likes

You dont have to your an adult you are old enough to make your own choices and live your life they way you want not how your parents want you too

3 Likes

Just tell them. I come from an evangelical Christian family. The majority of babies born into my family are out of wedlock. Every single one of them are loved. They don’t need to know it was a 1 night stand. They don’t really need to know anything. All that matters is that your baby is going to be taken care of and loved. Trust me when I say this, other people in your family have done things too.

12 Likes

You don’t owe anyone an explanation

2 Likes

I totally understand this. My parents are very LDS and wanted me to give my son up for adoption.
But girl it was HARD they did not support any of it. My sons dad isn’t even in the picture. I have learned that at the end of the day yes they are your parents but if they aren’t going to support you don’t need them.
Everyone has a past (YES EVEN YOUR CHRISTIAN PARENTS!) Just be honest with them. It wasn’t an accident. I truly hope they will be there for you. If not you have a million women behind you ready to support you!🫶🏽🫶🏽

4 Likes

Tell them it was an immaculate conception. Name the baby Jesus.

I’m kinda serious. It would be interesting to see how they would react lol.

Good luck with everything! Baby’s are a gift, if will work out!

7 Likes

Well that’s about par for the course for Christians :expressionless:
Sorry you’re going through this. I’m glad the father is being supportive. Good luck with the parents.

6 Likes

Well then… That is all you got to tell them…

1 Like

All these people telling you “they don’t need to know” is just garbage. They’re ur parents and they love you. I’d just tell them the truth. They may be upset or confused at first but love conquers all! Ur parents love you and will love ur baby! Be truthful! Congratulations!

3 Likes

Well true Christians will accept what happened and embrace you. Help you out and walk with you thru whatever you may face.

9 Likes

If you can tell total strangers you should be able to tell your Christian Family ( Judge not that ye not be judged)

1 Like

Tell them that you are going to get an abortion because this was an oopsie and you don’t have a relationship with the father.

Then let them talk you out of the abortion. Have a very emotional event. They will be happy that they saved a baby’s life🤷‍♀️

9 Likes

Tell them God don’t make mistakes he knew the baby before he laid the foundation of the earth babies are a blessing

8 Likes

As someone who got pregnant at 17 just tell them and be honest they don’t need to know the details other than you’re pregnant if they want to be mad about it they can but if they love you they will eventually accept it and that’s that

2 Likes

Write out what you want to say, practice it so you won’t be as nervous. Have a friend or the dad with you when you tell them or someone who will be in your corner & be supportive.

Do you think they’ll kick you out of the house if you’re living with them? Maybe have some Bible verses about forgiveness and caring ready to quote to them.

Good luck and enjoy your little one.

I come from a very religious family, especially my grandparents. I had been with the guy for several months and got pregnant but knew that my grandparents were going to be upset that I was not married. My grandmother was shocked at first and kind of upset, but my grandfather actuallyade her apologize to me and tell me that obviously God wanted to have a baby and it was a blessing.

2 Likes

To be honest. You’re sins are between you and god. They can be hurt or said or mad because you fell short. But we all have to answer to god. They should be supportive and be there for you but at the end of the day it’s between you and god. Wish you the best and hope you give us an update. Best wishes to you and keeping you in prayer!

3 Likes

Tell them it was immaculate conception

2 Likes

You don’t need to explain anything you just tell them you’re pregnant and if they can’t accept the baby then you don’t want them in your life.

1 Like

Just tell them your a grown adult it’s going to be hard and you may loose they support. I’ve been there. My kids are my everything and I wouldn’t change anything. You your own person and no one can tell you what is best for you.

If they are christians then they will forgive you and love you and the baby anyway. Also you are an adult and capable of making your own choices. Tell your mom first.

1 Like

You are having a baby, and have a supportive man who is standing by you, for his baby.

5 Likes

Tell them their values aren’t to be imposed on yourself or anyone else. If they get judgey, disrespectful or hateful them remind them they aren’t true Christian’s themselves & go home. You don’t owe anyone am explanation & the fact that people are so worried about judgey christians think needs to stop.

2 Likes

Just tell them. If they have an issue with it they can either support you and treat you well, or its the curb for them.
Protect your peace sis.

2 Likes

I was 16 when i got pregnant. Father denied the child so he didn’t go to any appointments. My family is catholic and wanted me to give the baby up for adoption they went as far as finding a family and telling me that it would be an open adoption and they would give me $50,000 it was either that or I get out of the house so I decided to leave. After i gave birth they told me i made the right decision and they have been a big part of my daughter who is now 18 life. They will come around trust me.

5 Likes

You dont have to explain anything to anyone…All they need to know is that you are becoming a mommy.

3 Likes

Tell them only god can judge you

2 Likes

They’ll either accept you and the baby or they won’t. If they choose to not have anything to do with you, that’s on them and something they will have to answer to and for later on. You need to do what’s best for you and that baby and just know that if God isn’t judging you-you shouldn’t let someone else judge you either, family or not.

7 Likes

You could say you wanted a baby and he donated sperm lol you’ll raise the child together but you’re just friends. It’s not lying it’s just keeping it casual without the one night part

Tell them Mary had a baby with someone other than Joseph so they can just not judge :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

Your body. YOUR choice.

3 Likes

Children are not a mistake, they are a gift from God ! I feel every family member would be blessed to have your child ! May God bless you

4 Likes

I must give my thanks to Mia Westbrook, who posted here last week about the system she uses to earn online… I got my FIRST check total of $2805, which is pretty cool! I am so excited, this is the first time I actually earned something online… I am going to work even harder now and I can’t wait for next week’s payment. It’s so easy, than virtually anyone can do it…

Try it out> https://SmartJob231.pages.dev

Be honest. Good christians will embrace this new life. They will probably be disappointed, give them time to process it though and they will be ready to love that baby. The sooner you tell them the better, then they can process it before the baby is born.

Be honest with them. They cannot j u d g e you

You just tell them if they are true Christians then they’re going to love you and support you and help you as you navigate single motherhood. If you don’t want to tell them that the baby is the product of a one night stand you don’t have to you can simply just tell them that you’re pregnant and the father is planning to be involved in babies life etc but that you and him are not going to be in a relationship and are going to be friends and co parent. Being that you said your family is Christian I hope that though they might be disappointed in the fact that you’re single and pregnant that their Christian values will shine through the disappointment and they will give you(hopefully) the love , emotional support and care you will need to thrive flourish and succeed motherhood is hard work being a single mother is twice as hard.

4 Likes

Having a truly loving and Christian family shouldn’t equal fear of telling them. I’m sorry you are feeling that.

5 Likes

I’m going to be very honest and open with you on this. It will be as easy telling your parents that you got pregnant from a one night stand as it was telling people on the internet. You believe that religion is going to play a huge Factor into how they respond to you about the pregnancy? Honestly I believe that if your parents are caring loving want the best for you and have always supported you in whatever you do that you will be just perfectly fine and they will accept you and your choice . I’m sure that they will stand behind you. I’m not saying that they won’t be disappointed in the religious belief part of it that you got pregnant out of wedlock but I also believe things happen for a reason as I’m sure your parents do. As long as you are happy and healthy and financially stable and the father has agreed to help you and co-parent with you, then u will be fine. Your parents will most likely love being grandparents and in no time at all they will not remember what life was like without that new bundle of joy in it. You will make it through this just fine. This is coming from a 34-year-old married mother of three boys that has been with her high school sweetheart since I was 15 I got pregnant at 16. The kids father and I have been together going on 20 years we have an almost 18 year old a 14 year old and 12 year old. Everything in this life happens for a reason and said you want to pass for a future that will bring the most amazing things, but I’m not saying it won’t be hard but I will tell you it will be worth it. Congratulations and I hope that you have a smooth and enjoy full pregnancy and a easy delivery

1 Like

If they are truly Christian and not false christians …they will see that this is God’s plan for you and this child has a oath God will bring to light when the time comes. Raise him in God’s light and teach him God’s Word . There is always a reason for everything.
On another note. My best friend…is my husband if 30 yrs. You are truly blessed to have found not only a man that respects you but also cares. Love will grow. You must learn to care for each other and then you will be able to love each other as God intended. God bless you always.

4 Likes

Just say hey I’m expecting and nothing else bc the rest isn’t their concern. Besides it’s not like you’re not in a technical sense with the father in a relationship you’re just not in a committed to each other relationship it’s a friendship and that’s still a relationship. If they judge you or are upset by it in any way or don’t support you then they’re the furthest from being any kind of Christians.

2 Likes

Just be honest… that’ll make it all easier in the long run. It’ll also help you be relieved to get it out. Don’t stress you or the baby holding it in long!

You don’t owe anyone an explanation🤷‍♀️

8 Likes

It happens your only human a moment of weakness not everyone follows the rules.

2 Likes

Christian family should not judge you and just because you have a kid with someone does not mean you need to get married. They should be excepting and helpful. Hope all goes well. :pray:t2:

The same way you just told a bunch of strangers. If they love you, they will accept it and be there unconditionally.

8 Likes

Just be honest. Your true family will love you no matter what.

Tell them. And it will sort itself out. Maybe not the way you hoped. But I totally get judgy family. I didn’t tell my mom I was pregnant a 2nd time (married to my husband, both kids dad) because I didn’t want her lecture on being poor (she’s golddigger). She now calls me at Christmas. That’s it. F her.
I’m just saying, you’re having the baby 1 way or the other. They’ll eventually know. Might as well blurt it out so it can sort out

So you barely know this guy but you had a one night stand with him and got pregnant? Please use better judgment in the future and use some sort of reliable protection. This stranger ended up giving you a baby. He could have just as easily given you an STI.
Your “religious” family will be disappointed, but it’s only a hiccup. They’ll learn to love the baby.

1 Like

It’s your situation not theirs. You’re both happy and going to co parent that’s all that you can wish for from a situation like this glad you are getting on great as friends at least🥰

1 Like

The next Virgin Mary? Immaculate Conception? :grimacing:

3 Likes

“I’m an adult and got knocked up.”

1 Like

Sounds like two consenting adults who don’t need to explain anything to anyone.

9 Likes

I made a mistake I got pregnant. It maybe hard for th to swallow at first but they will come around eventually. The obviously wouldn’t believe in abortion, so it will be okay :ok_hand:

1 Like

Tell them… who cares what religion they are. If they love you, they won’t care… if they’re going to hate on you, then that’s on their idiotic beliefs.

1 Like

Tell them the truth.

My niece didn’t tell her parents she was pregnant for baby number 4 til she only had 3 weeks til birth.yes they were upset but the baby is what’s important.they will welcome ur baby.

1 Like

You just tell them. BTDT … the overthinking about how they’ll react and waiting it out is worse than just telling them. My son is 4 now … the light of my life and adored by everyone in my family. Everything will be okay. :heart:

Just tell them you’re a whore and you love it!! Lol jk don’t say that.
Just up honest with them, if they disown you, then oh well. More deserving people will come into your life.

why is it any business of thiers?

1 Like

Explain it and stand your ground. If they’re going to show their asses…they’re just hypocrites. They don’t need to be in your life or the baby’s life.

Just be honest tell them the truth give them time to process and I am sure this baby will be a blessing to your family :two_hearts:

True Christian people love everyone. The only one who should judge is God.
If they disown you, they aren’t following christ.

15 Likes

In the end it all works out becuz who can hate their precious sweet grand baby! No matter how it was conceived.

Just be like hey I’m pregnant and am choosing life you’re options are be supportive or be cut out.

1 Like

Just Tell Them It Happened At The Church Orgy. Or The Family Reunion…

They’ll Drop It Quick Enough Relax.

5 Likes

Who are you closer with? Mom or dad? Start with the parent that’ll be more understanding first haha.

I just went through the same thing. I just flat out told them. And they are very Christian also and old schooled. They were quiet at first but I’m 31 weeks now and they are just as excited as me. Always making sure im okay and have everything I need. They will be there for you too.

1 Like

Christianity is based on love. This includes acceptance, and truth.
So, if your family members are practicing Christians, it seems like the worst of it will be overcoming your own feelings, the have an open, honest discussion with them.

1 Like

You don’t know him, yet you slept with him?

2 Likes

The same way you just told us :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Strong Christian family will accept this baby as a blessing. They do not need every detail. Just tell them you aren’t in love with the father and you won’t be together anymore but he is an active responsible father.

5 Likes

Unexpected blessings are the greatest. If they are true Christians they will except this baby with open arms. Babies are God’s blessings.

2 Likes

Learning how cryptocurrency works is like learning a new language. It is incredibly difficult at the beginning but once it clicks it stick with you forever. Connect with Mr Byers for more information about Cryptocurrency.