How can I explain to my christian family that I am pregnant from a one night stand?

If Jesus can still love and accept you then so can they!

1 Like

The same way you just told people on here. It’s your life and if they can’t accept your decisions and your child then you don’t need them :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Thats what happens when you have sex without Marriage

It’s your life not theirs and if he’s a good guy and stepping up and as are you, that’s all that matters. A child with parents who are on the same page

5 Likes

If they are a real Christian they will not judge you!

Cause a child deserve love and support no matter how they may feel about the parents actions.

4 Likes

Don’t explain anything to them. Not really their business

1 Like

They don’t need an explanation, it’s your life

2 Likes

I’d tell them we are friends who thought there was more and there wasn’t… leave it at that

1 Like

If your grown it’s really none of their business. They may be disappointed but part of being Christian is not judging. Love your baby and enjoy life! Your family will get over it

2 Likes

Quit worrying what your family thinks, secure this child legally, go to court get custody, set child support and visitation, before he does and takes your baby, sounds like your very immature, so you better grow up and prepare to be a single mom, if you don’t want a relationship with this guy quit stringing him along, tell him you don’t want to be with him.

5 Likes

Tell them you didn’t plan this baby, but God did! Hopefully, they will feel the same way!

6 Likes

It was God’s will :joy:

Hardcore christians are hard to reason with, but they all believe pregnancy is God’s will so I’d just say that.

4 Likes

If they know you go to bars to drink I’m sure your fine telling them your pregnant

Maybe for a minute they’ll be really really disappointed with you but it’ll pass and it’ll be okay

Be strong if they get upset
Don’t argue just let them breathe

3 Likes

That happened to me, but it wasn’t a one night stand. I knew my now husband for only a few months. I waited to tell my parents until I was 5 months and couldn’t hide it anymore. My mom was livid and screamed and yelled at me and my dad was pretty quiet. It was hectic because of my mom, and I ended moving out, but now things are fine - almost 12 years later. <3 <3 Find your moment and time when you’re comfortable with telling them. You’ll get through it. <3

2 Likes

If they were this scary extremist Christian that I was afraid to tell them I think I’d opt to tell them he’s my friend and we decided to have a baby. No need to mention the one night stand, and you aren’t actually lying. You’re friends now and you decided to have the baby.

1 Like

Dont tell them it’s a one night :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Coming from a Christian; if they don’t still love and accept you or love and accept the baby, they aren’t really Christian’s. Yes, you had sex out of wedlock and had a baby. Jesus loved all sinners and we are called to love everyone like Jesus did, not love those who do no wrong. If they know the Bible, Jesus ate and sat with liars, murderers, etc. so if they are going to treat you badly or be mean because of this, they need to re-examine their faith.

Be like the British Royal Family – never complain, never explain.

2 Likes

If God didn’t want you to have this child then you wouldn’t be pregnant…HE doesn’t make mistakes. Good or bad everything happens for a reason and that baby is a blessing and God’s greatest gift…they are either with you or hypocrites.

5 Likes

Watch the movie Knocked Up

1 Like

Just tell them. If they can’t accept it then to bad.
Just be the best mom to that little baby. Your parents will come around.

4 Likes

Please keep us posted …you are loved and as a Christian we are not to judge the problem in my opinion is Christian people judge each other… u are more inept than what their friends think or your Church…God Bless You and your baby…I am here for you

2 Likes

All in gods timing !! God sent you a baby to settle ya down no more bar pumping lol

2 Likes

I waited until I was 6 months pregnant. I just got a divorce which I was already looked down upon. It was with my Best Friends brother, my family knew him and we tried to make a relationship work for a year, but it never would work. My family disowned me and never invited me to another family function. All because I had 2 kids by 2 different dads and because I was not married I refused to do as my mother ordered. 14 years later I and my son have nothing to do with them.

2 Likes

Hey there is no right word to say to your family, you’ll just know when the time is right to say something about your pregnancy. Your family might be in shock, they might be thrilled, or even upset but thats completely normal and they will understand. Besides who knows this man who the father u never know u 2 might hit if off and it later become something more than friends :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the problem with “Christians” my mother came from a large very Christian family at 19 she ran away from home never to be forgiven nor did they want to meet her children. Yes yes I know all Christian’s are not like those I’m talking about…those I’m talking about live behind that; I’m a Christian banner, snobbery, deceit, unforgiving, live in a nutshell world. I’ve met one or two wonderful Christians blessings. They just are.

1 Like

No matter what children are gifts from above…just tell them and if they don’t support you…go where you have support

“I’m pregnant from a one night stand”

Just like you told us. No point in beating around the bush.

3 Likes

Tell them that you got pregnant by the holly spirit :rofl:

9 Likes

Your family will most likely be shocked at first, regardless of their religious stance, then I’m sure they will get over it. They may not love how it came to be, but I think they will be more helpful and accepting than you’re giving them credit for.

1 Like

Just be honest with them it sounds like you’ve got a good picture of how you want the baby raised.

1 Like

You just say it. We all screw up in some way. And if they throw a fit just remind them they won’t stand in judgment for your mistakes so stop stressing.

You got this. Just don’t take what they say in vain when you tell them. Mine didn’t quit take it like I had hoped and I still here those words like yesterday.

If you’re going to have the baby you’re going to have to tell them eventually. Might as well rip off the bandaid and see what happens. I think this is a situation where you’re going to have to just take it as it comes. I hope your family can see past the religious beliefs and remember you’re their daughter and that baby, their grandchild. Sending you all the good luck and hope that they will be happy for you!

2 Likes

Let them know God says they aren’t to judge bitches. Oh and to love they neighbor and his son died on the cross for your “sin” so it’s all good. He also has everything planned they say so it’s a part of his plan for you. Now they don’t wanna go questioning his plan now do they???

Just remind them that Gods plan is better than anyone else :pray:t2:

4 Likes

Honestly you don’t really need to explain anything to them. You don’t owe them or quite anyone any information. You could just tell them you’re pregnant and keep it at that :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

If they are really Christians , they will be happy that you are keeping the baby and that the bio dad is willing to step up. They won’t judge you. It might take some time for them to adjust to the idea, but they will come around. It’s a life created by God.

8 Likes

Well they don’t have to know he was a one night stand. No matter what, if they’re true Christians, they will not judge!

I guess now is a great time to see who truly supports you no matter what.

6 Likes

Just be upfront and honest with them they will be mad but will get over it

1 Like

You just tell them or don’t :woman_shrugging: your an adult and if they are gonna judge you then it’s definitely a reason why many people don’t go to church and believe in the Christian faith for this very reason God forbid you do something they don’t like when they sin daily :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:

Just tell them it didn’t work out with the baby’s father and your choosing to care for baby alone. You don’t have to tell them the position you were in when you got pregnant. None of their business

5 Likes

One night stand is not ok with them but a drunken night at the bar is? Asking not judging.

Just tell the truth it is what it is.The father is standing by you at the moment you have not been abandoned, your unborn baby will have two loving parents.So what if they are Christians if they are Christians they will respect you for being truthful an the Christian thing to do is respect the life you are carrying that will soon be another whole human being regardless of how it came to be.Sending love light and best wishes for the future :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart: xxxx

2 Likes

They don’t need to know that your weren’t in a relationship with him. I’m sure they don’t know everything about your life. You can just says we’re just friends right now and will coparent together.

1 Like

Knowone is perfect. We all make mistakes, we all screw up. They will understand.

1 Like

Assuming you’re an adult, just tell them. If they turn their back on you it speaks volumes to the kind of people they are, not you.

7 Likes

Tell them that Mary wasn’t married to god when she got knocked up and neither are you.

6 Likes

Just tell them the relationship didn’t work out and you guys agreed to coparent amicably. They will be mad about sex and baby out of wedlock they’ll get over it.

Let them know that it’s what God wanted for you.

2 Likes

There’s only so many ways you can go about it. They’ll either support you or not

How about, you’re an adult & can do what you please? You don’t need to answer to anyone nor explain yourself.

6 Likes

Your parents don’t need to know the graphic details. Just that your pregnant and dad is good. You’re just not sure if you want to continue a relationship as a couple but he’ll be a great Dad.

7 Likes

Give it to them straight

I am a Christian and if my
Daughter told me she was pregnant from a one night stand I would tell her I love her so much and can’t wait to meet my grand baby. I will support my children no matter what.

This is the only response acceptable from any God loving Christian fyi to anyone who tries to use their religion to judge.

Tell them the truth and if they respond with anything less than grace and love then you message me and I will love you through your pregnancy.

12 Likes

First of all if he’s a great guy y not date him and get to know him? That’s what dating is for. Second time to step up and tell the truth. You don’t have to tell them it was a one night stand as that is not their business. Simply you are pregnant and working it out as you and the child’s father feel is best. It is what It is.

3 Likes

True Christians will stand by you. Pray on it and leave everything in God’s hands. Every child is a blessing and has a purpose. Hopefully your family will practice what they preach.

2 Likes

Maybe give the guy a chance to prove that he not only can be a good father but a good man and eventually a good husband to you. Also God works in mysterious ways. Give the poor guy a chance he was good enough to sleep with even if it was only one night. And if your stressed about telling your family wait awhile until you tell them.

1 Like

Honestly…It is none of their business.

1 Like

My daughter went through this almost 6 years ago. At first we were horrified, but it all worked out. They have built a friendship and a family. They purchased their first home 2 years ago and will be married in September of 2023. If you’re meant to be together it will happen. Don’t force it. Your family may expect you to jump into a marriage right away, but that’s not the answer. We’re definitely blessed to have this young man join our family.

7 Likes

This sounds elaborate & like a lifetime movie but bear with me. Just pretend yall are dating for family sakes for like a year or 2. All you gotta do is bring him to one or 2 family functions. Then “break up” civil & remain coparenting friends

2 Likes

You don’t need to explain anything to anyone you’re a grown adult. And as long as you both are being loving and responsible parents then that’s all that matters :heart:

1 Like

I’d go with the immaculate conception defense.

5 Likes

Regardless of religion, As a Mother I would be there, to love, support and assist my daughter and grandchild.
After all it’s not our place to judge.

1 Like

Bible says judge not lest you be judged tell your family to go back and read it

4 Likes

What matters is what you want and need. Are you going to keep it? Then that’s what matters. They will deal with it however they do and that’ll be that and family or not they’re not YOU. You can’t control any of that. Focus on what needs to happen regarding your decision and you will NOT have gone wrong in any way.

They don’t need to know all those details. Just tell them the father will be there for the baby, but you two are now just friends & that is the truth

2 Likes

Tell them it was Gods will otherwise it wouldn’t have happened lol. Hopefully they accept that

God doesn’t make mistakes

2 Likes

Honey just tell them you may be surprised

1 Like

Hopefully they practice what they preach

2 Likes

You don’t it ain’t none of their business

1 Like

I did the same thing when I was 19. I wasn’t the first (I found out my grandma had a baby out of wedlock). My family was really supportive and it was fine. The people who love you will keep loving you. This is a blessing.

1 Like

You don’t have to explain anything to anyone.

1 Like

Just tell the truth. Are you an adult? You may leave out the one night stand part and just stick with describing him as a friend. Believe it or not…parents are human. They can either accept it or not.

7 Likes

I hope you have your own place because that can get really dicey. Just sit them down tell them and expect the worst. Hopefully it will go better. My family already knew and they were kind of chill about it because I was 22 and not a teen. I had always been told O had to wait for them to pick me out a husband and if I got pregnant they would throw me out, etc. They didn’t do any of that. Were they still judgemental in a way yes but not enough for it to count.

Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Just tell them,if they are true Christian s they’ll still Love and support you regardless!!!

7 Likes

tell them the truth… their religious beliefs have 0 to do with you or your body…

2 Likes

Well, tell them that abortion is not an option, and that you already love this baby as a gift from God. You and baby daddy like each other but neither one wants a lifetime commitment to each other, but will co-parent. Christians strive for goodness but are fallible. If everyone that had a one night stand got pregnant, the population would double overnight! I’m glad he is stepping up, but you ought to go to court for child support after the baby comes, just got protection. You will both eventually meet someone else, and that needs to be worked out in advance.
Your family loves you, God loves you, and they are hopefully not so pigheaded as to think that they are perfect.

6 Likes

Well I’m sure their not going to fall for the immaculate conception story and if you’re grown you really don’t need to explain in detail to anyone so I’d say, tell them you’re pregnant simple as that and keep the details to yourself. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

It is what it is they like it or not regardless so religion. If they dont accept it then I wouldn’t bother even talking to them anymore my kids come 1st!

1 Like

It’s NONE of their business. I’ve been shunned and essentially estranged for many years for a lot of these same reasons. Your family will respectfully deal with it or they won’t and you’ll have to instill firm boundaries. You’ve done nothing wrong so don’t allow them to treat you or act like you have done anything “sinful”. I wouldn’t even tell them the details. Leave it as a casual relationship. You’re both human. All the best with the baby and both your decision to parent.

1 Like

Your an adult. You don’t need to go into details. If they are the Christians they claim to be they will support you not pursue you.

3 Likes

A few options:

1. tell the truth

2. keep it hidden until delivery and be like I found this baby on my doorstep today🤣

3. ummm…“take care of it” if you so decide (no judgment, but its an option if you really don’t want them to know)

4. See if ONS guy will play along for a little bit and then “break up”

4 Likes

Unless your family is financing your pregnancy it’s really not their business

5 Likes

Weeeeelllll… given enough time, they will find out. One way or another. Give them as much info as you wish. Their question will include: keeping or adoption ?? Best of luck. Being a single mom is hard.

1 Like

They don’t have to know it was a one night stand, the details are none of their business. If they ask, start asking them personal things about their sexual lives and I’ll bet they leave you alone. :joy: If they’re Christian they won’t believe in abortion so really you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t… If they have a problem tell them at least you’re keeping, loving and caring for your child and the father is there so what’s the actual issue.

Time to get to know him.

1 Like

To hell with them. I’m 100%certain both your parents have had unchristian encounters and are hypocrite with you.

2 Likes

They can accept it or they can’t. It’s your body, Your life, Your choice… everyone makes mistakes

1 Like

Damage done girl :smiley: just spit it out to them.christians are understanding :thinking:an’t they.anyway good luck to you.

Trump Christians or actual real Christians? That makes a difference.

5 Likes

First, Congratulations on the baby!
You sound like you have logical thinking skills (mostly). Be matter of fact with your family about it. What’s done is done. The Christian thing to do, would be to love you through it. Our families aren’t perfect, but love is a choice. Ask them to be forgiving, so they can be in your child’s life. Good luck :smiling_face:

1 Like

:thinking: are you still living at home? Are your parents paying your bills? If not then who cares if they get angry.

Be honest. If they are truly a Christian family, they will get over it. It may take a little while but as we all know, only “He” is perfect. And it is not their place to judge anyone. Good luck and hopefully they will get over the shock quickly. And then embrace the new idea of the family growing.

1 Like

Tell them, they may be upset and disappointed in you, but they should forgive you, Thank you for not aborting you sweet baby , you never know that baby just might be a blessing to you someday

Go with your heart. If you’re going to keep the baby……that’s YOUR future and your decision to make. Blessings!!

You don’t explain anything to anyone. It’s your life. Your choice. They can kick rocks.

I was 14 , 1st time I had sex ,I got pregnant, my parents didn’t talk to me for year , but every thing worked out fine, my sons are 45 and 42 ,I’m a grandmother of 5 Granddaughters, I’m very blessed