How can I get my 3-year-old to listen?

Mamas I need help I’m a ftm of a 3 year old who has started getting in her own groove and doesn’t listen please do not judge me I am asking for help as a little bit of background I live with her father and his family who are extremely old fashioned and very non supportive on decisions we’ve decided to make for her in the past such as blw and no spankings I was young when I had her and didn’t have contact with my family since I’ve had her, when she doesn’t listen or does something she knows she’s not supposed to do I’ve been pressured on needing to spank as her grandparents stated and I have and felt like it created a bigger issue I hate spanking her and definitely don’t want to continue please help me what are some action based consequences and what do I do about her not listening please help me

5 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How can I get my 3-year-old to listen?

DO NOT listen to religious people! Make sure your child can hear and make sure there are no health problems that need to be addressed. Positive reinforcement works. Reward system… Time out can work, 3 mins for her age. Removing something she loves for a short time and explaining why it was taken away…NOT violence!

2 Likes

I would do a time out in a corner or time out chair if she runs away or walks away put her back persistence I’d watch the supper nanny she has alot of tips and tricks from her show

1 Like

Time out for three minutes

1 Like

There’s going to be big changes in her. Amene. Be sure to thank Jesus for her deliverance and Miracle healing Amene

2 Likes