How can I get my baby to sleep through the night?

Fan Question
Karen🍒

Im a ftm and i need advice on how to get my daughter ( shes 1) to sleep on her own. She use to do it just fine but now she wont go to sleep unless im cuddling her. And if she wakes up in the middle of the night she wants back in bed with us. Where it use to be i could just lay her back down with her sippy cup and she would go right back to sleep

Please give me some advice on how to get her to sleep in her own bed, and get herself to sleep like she use to

3 Likes

We had to keep putting my daughter back in her bed over and over all night. She just stopped sleeping on the couch to be closer to us, and she’s 9. :rofl:good luck.

My daughter is 3 and has gone through these phases. We just keep putting her back in her bed. I quietly make sure that she doesn’t need anything and do what I can not to wake her up anymore than she already is. We just had to be consistent with putting her back in her bed. If she cried, we would hold and rock her for a bit until she calmed down and then put her back in her bed. It’s exhausting, but SO worth it to have your bed back!

Do a bedtime routine then quiet time before bed. When its bedtime, put her to bed and read her a story and sit beside her bed until she falls asleep. If she wakes in the middle of the night, then just put her back in her bed. You NEED to be consistent and put your foot down

1 Like

I had to sleep with my daughter. She was 2. And I was 8-9 months pregnant. Lol it was not fun. But it worked

I don’t know if this will help but when my baby wakes up I have to put my hand on her shoulder and kinda rock her back and fourth or I’ll pat her chest until she falls asleep

Put a movie in and put her in her own bed and make her go to sleep she watch the movie and sleep or cry her self to sleep

Google sleep regression . she could be going thru one

I would put my daughter down and put my hand on her back until she fell asleep. Each night, I would move a little further away until I was in the hallway. This worked well when we transferred her to a toddler bed as well… I also saw this on the nanny show… It works very well, but takes time…

Maybe a little night light or one of those little tanks that have fake fish in them with a tiny light in it and the fish go around something else who they’re just sleep or a like a little music box a favorite animal she can cuddle Carol Ann