How can I get my ex and boyfriend to meet?

I’ve been dating a guy for about one year now. My ex knows we are in a serious relationship but hasn’t asked any questions about my boyfriend and hasn’t met him yet. What is the best way to get them to meet

89 Likes

Set up a play date LOL

Why do they need to meet? Kids involved?

14 Likes

Why would you need them to meet? Just leave it alone.

12 Likes

I’m assuming there are children involved, otherwise, Why?

9 Likes

Why do they need to meet? Sounds like you’re asking for needless drama.

12 Likes

For what??? That is so weird to me! I would never want to be in that position.

19 Likes

If they dont care, then why should you.

2 Likes

I can understand it if kids are involved but if not why?

5 Likes

Wtf are you talking about?

15 Likes

Unless y’all have kids why?

2 Likes

This is a mamas Facebook page so it’s safe to assume children are involved guys :joy:

24 Likes

Not sure why they need to meet unless you have a child with your ex. Otherwise they wouldn’t need to. If you run into each other you could do an introduction but no need for anything more.

1 Like

Why would you want your boyfriend to meet your ex?

2 Likes

If they don’t care I guess just make sure they have each other’s contact info incase emergency. I find it weird he doesn’t want to meet the guy around his kids :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Why? If neither has asked to meet the other, then they don’t need to meet.:woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Why do they need to meet? I have never felt a need to force that kind of thing?

1 Like

Why do you want them to meet? The only reason would be if you have a child with your ex and your new boyfriend is involved with your child. Otherwise what’s the point?

6 Likes

If there are kids involved maybe she’s trying to see if they could build a healthy co-parenting relationship where they are all involved. Just because he hasn’t asked doesn’t mean he isn’t interested in knowing your boyfriend unless he specifically said he didn’t want to. I would casually bring up the idea of having dinner together with the kids included. Also, just because it didn’t work between them doesn’t mean the ex is a bad person as I am still friends with an ex of mine.

3 Likes

Ummmm. What??? Why does your ex need to meet your current boyfriend? I understand if you have kids together, but if its to make your ex jealous, that’s just messed up.

1 Like

Girl…stoooop it.
I have 2 baby daddies that have never met the man that I’ve been with for 4 years.
He treats the kids well and that’s all that matters to them.
And vice versa.
They are both in relationships with females that i have never really met. And don’t have any interest in doing so.
Both ladies treat my children well and that’s all that matters to me 🤷

8 Likes

I love that all the people questioning her like she’s dumb for wanting them to meet, are actually the head scratchers :joy: Obviously she has kids, why the hell else would she be in THIS group asking the question :roll_eyes:

22 Likes

Why, you want to start some shit; go your way n forget your x.

If there aren’t any children involved, there’s no reason for them to meet.

If there ARE children between you & your ex, they still don’t need to meet unless your current boyfriend becomes family.

why would you even think of that

1 Like

Why unless you have kids together other than that no need

3 Likes

Sorry people are either clueless or needed to get in there rude comment of the day. In my world no reason they can’t meet. Best for everybody to meet and be respectful for the kids. Kids birthdays work best .

4 Likes

Wena stop playing man🙄

Just ask your ex if he would like to meet your new dude, and if so, then invite them to dinner (with the kids would be nice so both old dude and new dude can see the other interact with the kids). To the commenters, I agree she makes it sound super shady, but y’all act like it’s not a good thing to have all the adults involved in raising children on the same page. If your exes don’t know your partners and you share kids, you’re the one that’s fucked up, not this chick. Your kids deserve for their village to be able to work together. If you can’t, y’all not grown enough to raise kids and I’m sad for you. There’s no room for possessive and jealous behavior in raising children. Leave that shit in high school where it belongs.

Do you have kids???

3 Likes

If there’s no kid with the ex that is super weird

12 Likes

Whenever they drop the kids or vice versa. The shorter the better it’s less awkward! That’s where I would start.

1 Like

You dont unless you have kids

6 Likes

Why would you want them to meet?

6 Likes

Are y’all really commenting about whether or not they have kids as if this page isn’t named MAMAS Uncut. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::woman_facepalming:t2:

14 Likes

I’m gonna assume you have kids with your ex and that’s why these people are gonna look silly lol.

Any how, just talk to them both and tell them that now that you and the new man have been together a while and plan to stay serious you’d like for them to meet for the kids sake and everyone to get along

2 Likes

They don’t have to meet if they don’t want to. You can still co parent without them meeting.

6 Likes

Mmmm why would you want to?

1 Like

I’m assuming you have kids. It will happen when it’s meant to happen. Don’t rush it or things can go south. If there is no kids then never would be a great option unless everyone agrees.

Y’all act ignorant :joy::woman_facepalming:t2:

Why would they need to meet. Why would you be talking to an ex. It’s an ex. Move on.

2 Likes

Why does he need to?.. Weird.

3 Likes

Well if you have kids with the ex, it be good for them to meet but when the time is right…the ex would want to know who his kids be around with and all.

1 Like

Why are you still in contact with your EX? Do you still want him? This sounds like something from a young-minded individual.

1 Like

Unless you two have a child together why are you still talking to your ex?

1 Like

Sounds like your ex trusts your judgement. No need for him to meet your boyfriend if he doesn’t want to. I’m sure it’ll happen at some point if you’re all co-parenting.

2 Likes

Uhmmm this is a mom page, I would almost 100% garuntee she has children with her ex, some of you seem like you were just waiting on an oppurtunity to be rude. But it should be important to her ex to meet her new boyfriend too, especially if hes around their children.

9 Likes

Not really necessary. Ex probably doesn’t give AF cuz it’s your life

Let it happen naturally, we got to the point where we could have family dinners with everyone there, or outings to take all the kids to special events. Co-parenting can be civilized IF all the adults can be adults. There is no need to rush it. Your ex is probably just giving it time to make sure it is really serious. Don’t force it.

3 Likes

Unless you share a child together, there’s no reason for them to meet

6 Likes

Hayley Allison what she said!!!

2 Likes

Angèle Potvin also what she said!!!

1 Like

Unless there’s kids involved then he doesn’t need to meet him. But if there’s kids involved then a public setting like a park or restaurant. But if he hasn’t been asking any question then he honestly doesn’t care tbh. Sorry

4 Likes

Talk to him about it. Tell him it’s a serious relationship and that he isn’t going anywhere and you would like him to meet him and ask him if he would like to meet.

1 Like

Why would you want them to meet? Drama! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yall, this is a mom page, ex is probably the dad of her child, and she wants her child’s father to meet her current bf. I get it :woman_shrugging:t3: I’d want to meet my exs gfs too, I don’t trust just anyone around my children.

But honestly, let him take his time. Some times it takes longer than you’d expect :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:meet to discuss what??

1 Like

It’s a mom page yes but I’ve seen things that didn’t relate to kids. And no need for ex to meet current if just dating

4 Likes

Unless the ex leads the conversation, leave it alone. If he wants to meet the current guy he’ll ask.

2 Likes

Um. Is this question for real? Why would you want them to meet? Concentrate on your relationship, and the relationship between him and your kids, if that’s what they have…and leave your ex out of it.
Other than that…this weird question needs more clarification.

65 Likes

I’m hoping this question is because there are kids involved (meaning you&the ex have kids, and you just want the ex to meet the man you have or will have around yalls children)… because if theres not any kids involved… you really need help & to let go.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t push it. If you still think they need to meet, only if there’s kids involved, than ask your bf if he wants to meet the ex, ask the ex the same, if they say no, leave it be. My daughter is just now going through a divorce and doesn’t even have a bf yet, thank goodness, and I know for a fact her soon to be ex would be a SOB about any man being around her and their child. Sorry to say for my daughter, she’s not going to be able to have any peace no matter what she does.

5 Likes

I see a lot of comments saying that if there’s no kids then there’s no reason for it.

Her and the ex could still be friends. I’ve ended relationships on great terms and remained friends with an ex.

Do you & your ex have kids together? If not than your ex has no right to even ask you about your current bf. And you shouldnt even be in contact with your ex! However, if you do have kids together than I would let him know the relationship is serious & ask if he is interested in meeting your boyfriend. If you can all co parent civilized without them meeting, than I dont see the need for them to meet

1 Like

DO YOU HAVE CHILDREN TOGETHER???
-IF YES…let it happen naturally.
-IF NO…there’s no reason for them to meet!!!

49 Likes

If ya got a kid w the ex and the ex is actually acting like a parent it wouldn’t hurt to make them aware of each other, a good way is introducing when you get your kid or something. But if you don’t have kids, you shouldn’t even be thinkin about having them meet

I’m curious to know why most of y’all are opposed to them meeting especially if they have kids together? I’m gonna know who’s around my kids and then I’m gonna do a background check!

9 Likes

My current fiancee and my ex meet but it wasn’t ob purpose he came to my husband because his name was on my car still and he wanted it off needless to say I scream for him to get off my property.

I’m assuming you have a kid with said ex. If so maybe bring your current boyfriend when you drop your kid off with him or vice versa.

If you don’t have a kid with your ex then who cares if they meet? That’s just my opinion

1 Like

I’m going to echo what everyone else is saying… Unless there are children involved… there is absolutely no reason you need to be introducing them to each other. Because the name of the page is Dearly Moms… then I’m assuming that is why you are asking… I have to say though, if there are kids, and you and your boyfriend are truly that serious, I’m rather shocked that they haven’t met yet.

8 Likes

If the kids are old enough to be involved in sports, music, art, or theater, maybe ask both to be there, but don’t plan on sitting right next to each other. Have them meet socially so they know the other somewhat. As long as there isn’t a problem

1 Like

Considering the page is called dearly moms I would like to assume the woman has a child or more than one with the ex…wow pretty sad how people just attack. I am in a similar situation with my daughters dad and my new boyfriend. My new boyfriend is open to meeting the ex…the ex is not open to it at all. I would want to meet any girl my ex brought around my child so I dont get why my ex is so against meeting my new guy.

No reason for your boyfriend to meet your ex unless you have a child/children with your ex. This question has to be a joke…

1 Like

Even if you have kids maybe they shouldn’t meet. Your kids must tell him good things because other wise im sure he’d be asking and finding out.

4 Likes

Do you and your ex have kids? Yes then eventually they’ll meet but leave it be. If no then there’s absolutely no reason for them to meet. Even then I’ve never spoken to an ex after splitting up.

Why do they have to meet? Are here kids involved where the BF may have to drop them off to the dad? Your ex doesn’t care if you are dating otherwise he would have asked.
Are your trying to make him jealous or feel bad for your relationship not working out? Like why?

1 Like

Are there kids involved? Why would you want them to meet? A boyfriend is just a boyfriend… he doesn’t have the status unless you are living together and the kids are living in the same house. Not a enough information here. Is your ex a former spouse or ex-boyfriend? Regardless, if there are no children, I don’t know why on earth you would want to introduce them.

I’ve been with my husband since a month before my son turned 2 (he’s 9 now) He and the biological father of my son didn’t meet because he’s none of my ex’s business. He showed up to the grandparents house to pick up my son a few times, but other than that. I don’t understand why ex’s and significant others have to meet.

12 Likes

Assuming kids are involved just nut up and tell your ex you think it’s time he meets the man his children are going to be around if no kids are involved thennnnn there is no reason for them to meet

2 Likes

They should meet if you have children and he has a relationship with them. If it’s serious they could potentially be at ball games, graduations, parties together etc.

1 Like

Unless you and the ex have kids, why would you even put yourself or your children in a situation like that? That is unhealthy in every way!

2 Likes

Unless you & your ex have a child you’re coparenting- they don’t need to meet & if you think they do- you’re not over your ex.

Just ease into it ! My ex and my Husband get along so good now! We do so much stuff together even going on vacation this summer and my kids are happy.

2 Likes

They really don’t have to meet and don’t need to know anything about each other unless you have kids with your ex.

Unless there are kids involved. What’s the point in your ex and your current boyfriend meeting?

3 Likes

Im curious to know why you want them to meet…

7 Likes

I know my bf’s ex wife only bc they share custody of a child. We meet in passing but don’t go out of our way to hang out.

1 Like

So, like… Do y’all have kids? That would be the main thing to know here lol…
If you have kids, it is coparenting so talk to both about it.
If no kids, idk why this is even a question haha.

2 Likes

Don’t worry about a special meeting…There will be plenty of opportunities for them to meet. Especially if kids are involved.

If there’s no children involved then there’s no reason to meet. If kids are involved then just invite him to your house for dinner or something so they can meet and y’all can talk. If he doesn’t want to meet him then he doesn’t want to meet him.

You want your ex to be jealous? Weird

3 Likes

There is absolutely no reason for your ex and boyfriend to meet.

Im not sure why u would want them to meet that seems alittle weird to me

Don’t!!
Why on gods green earth would you???
They don’t need to know each other. Are there children involved??

Not sure why you are asking this question unless there is a child with the ex?

Why do you need them to meet? My ex never introduced me to his now wife of four years. We have one kid together.

Exes and currents are in no obligation to meet one another…

1 Like

Unless you have children together, there’s no real reason for them to meet! :woman_shrugging:t5:

Well, when Dad comes to pick the kids up, have your boyfriend come out to meet him. If there aren’t any kids, why bother and why talk to your ex?

From what you wrote and assumming nothing else. Why would you want them to meet. I dont want to meet none of my exs boyfriends