How can I get my husband to help me?

Me and my boyfriend have a 5 week old daughter. He’s job doesn’t offer leave for him after a baby so he went right back to work. I do everything, everyday! Clean house, clothes, dinner cooked and our daughter taken care of. But during the weekend I feel like he should help out a lot more. I wake up and feed her at night (formula so he could get up and do it) I bathe her, burp her, change all of her diapers. He hardly helps. I can’t take it more longer and I don’t want to spend forever with a man that can’t help with his daughter, am I in the wrong or am I overreacting? I have told him this tons of times and he still hasn’t changed anything

109 Likes

I done all of this and more and I’ve got 4 kids, my partner works 6/7 days a week so I don’t make him do anything as he doesn’t need to.

10 Likes

I hear you!! I have three kids and I do it all. I have to fight just for him to let me go for a hour nap when he gets up in the morning on the weekends.

Not overreacting at all. My husband does the same and I just let shit go at this point. If clothes don’t get washed, he ends up doing it. If he comments on stuff not getting done, I just say oh well, should have helped!

Welcome to motherhood :grin:

20 Likes

Nope he works ur job my husband works i do it all with no complanit

6 Likes

Welcome to motherhood

6 Likes

I do this with 2(new born and 5 year old) my partner works 2pm-2am 5/6 days a week. If he didn’t help before he’s not going to change now sadly

Expedition are so high when you become a mum, you must have a clean house dinner cooked washing washed and put away. All I have to say is don’t let that control your life babies are only babies for so long it flys by and as mum’s we often worry so much about every thing around us and forget to enjoy it. The house work will still be there the next day a small tidy up at the end of the day and enjoy time with babies and partners is often missed. Saying to your other half you need to do your washing or pick up tea isn’t a bad thing

6 Likes

No you are not wrong… but this is the time in your marriage/relationship when you need to open your mouth, don’t just assume that your husband/bf knows how you feel. What works for some doesn’t for others…but I can tell you that in my household it’s a blended family of 7! And yes we have all our kids full time…so with that being said I have been home with our youngest for a year(first time I ever got to stay home with any of my kids, my oldest is 15). My husband works even though he doesn’t have to (med retired Army). I am about to return to work next week… with that being said, there is never a time when he has come home and made me feel like it was just on me to clean everything or change diapers, cook ect. He looks at me crazy when I tell him thank you, I want to tag him because all these comments are the exact reason I tell him thank you❤️, I’m realizing more and more how rare that quality is. So back to my advice again, talk to him…it’s ok to be tired and ask for help, but you honestly really shouldn’t have to. Take breaks you deserve them❤️

2 Likes

Stop stressing get to the house work when you can for right now enjoy the baby they don’t stay that way for long

4 Likes

Word it so he gets it… You don’t want to be a single mother but if you have to be you will do it… And can do it so he can help out or you will carry on your own for real… He is making you feel like a single mum already… Just because others allow it and are happy don’t mean you have to put up with it too…

1 Like

I did it with two kids.

Try talking to your Dr maybe a small antidepressant could help you better deal with day to day life and not feel the weight of the world on your shoulders. Post pardom is very real and you’re not alone. As for your husband, he’s probably clueless. Just leave the baby with him and go take a shower. Have 10 mins to yourself. It’s so important. He will figure it out. And you are doing a great job! Don’t get discouraged.

4 Likes

Bring it up to him and talk about it, if he throws a fit and acts like a child- rethink the relationship.

1 Like

I never asked for help since whenever he tried to help he never did it right or my way so nevermind I’d say :joy:

4 Likes

It’s a phase … as she gets older he will be able to step up more

3 Likes

I would tell him on the weekends my days off to I will take care of the baby because you won’t help at all but as far as cleaning preparing meals doing laundry know it’s my day off and I would ask him we’re at our marriage does it say I work 24/7 and you only work 8 hours a day so no weekends are my days off and I would not cook for him clean do his laundry I would just take care of the baby and maybe go out

1 Like

All this “welcome to motherhood” shit.
No. This isn’t just how it is, it’s the matter of lazy men.

My husband wouldn’t even think of putting all of the stress on me.

Pick better men. Talk to them. Be adults about creating a life and bringing it into the world.

If you are this worked up after only five weeks, then baby girl you have a rude awakening. Can’t be with a man who isn’t helping(when by your own admission he hasn’t stopped working), then you can’t complain now, bc as a single mom you do all plus have to work a paying job on top of it.

13 Likes

Did you know that there are men out there that actually don’t do the baby stuff because they are afraid to “break them”. I know it sounds like a load of sh*t but in my family the men have always worked long hours and hard jobs 6/7 a week. The men never did baby stuff but as the children got to be toddlers they take more of an active role. Some men just aren’t comfortable with babies period. They will kiss them goodnight or sit with them but not much more. You wanted a child then sometimes the old ways of a housewife come into play… Look at like the 1940’s and stuff…man comes in and says honey I’m home and goes and sits down and relaxes and waits for dinner to be served. Archaic? maybe, but that’s sometimes the way the cookie crumbles.

Its because you are a mom… welcome to the hood. Motherhood!!!

11 Likes

Sit him down and explain how exhausted you are. Ask for some time. Keep it simple. Most men can’t handle all information at once

Welcome to club. :grin::grin: Get use to it you got 18 good years left. But a lifetime of being a mother. Enjoy it. Look at things differently. Istead of seeing as chores you HAVE to do. But things your fortunate enough to do. Not everyone gets the opportunity to care for a family. Be thankful.

5 Likes

Some men are afraid of small humans, but he could help around the house.

1 Like

I see all of these women siding with your husband but it took two to create that child and ppd is a real thing. Men need to step up and help with THEIR children. I don’t mean that when they are off work they should do everything while the mother does nothing but dang he needs to bond with his child and help take care of the child he helped create.

24 Likes

It​:clap:is​:clap:not​:clap:help​:clap:he​:clap:lives​:clap:there​:clap:and :clap:it’s​:clap:his​:clap: child​:clap:too​:clap:

Do NOT “get used to it” or explain “that just how some men are” “he’s afraid”

Afraid??? Of what???

Once more for the people back in 1935

It​:clap:is​:clap:not​:clap:help​:clap:he​:clap:lives​:clap:there​:clap:and :clap:it’s​:clap:his​:clap: child​:clap:too​:clap:

2 Likes

Men have their worries I suppose to support the family, but if you share a home and a baby he needs to step it up. It is called team work!

3 Likes

You said his job didn’t offer paternity leave. Y’all correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure it’s against the law to deny him the leave. I think he has to be working at the company a year. It’s called FMLA. Family Medical Leave Act. In NC a company can be sued by the employee if it’s not offered to the employee. As for him not giving you help? That’s why God blesses women to have babies. Just hang in there. My son in law is an amazing husband and father but that first baby freaked him out. He’ll come round when the baby gets older.

3 Likes

Moms should spend more time with baby as she is younger right now. As she gets older he will help out more. It’s only been 5 weeks. Give it a little time. I know that as women we get aggravated sometimes, because we think they have it easier, but he may be a little stressed out too, trying to work & then come home and not really know how to help out. He could also be a little scared of her right now, because she is so little, I know a lot of men are scared of babies so small. Just give it some more time, and you both should place yourself in each other’s shoes! Good luck and prayers momma!

3 Likes

I did everything myself. My husband worked long hours and would not have dreamed of asking him to help. If not working then yes I would ask him to help. I did the house old work and he did the garden etc. I’m old-fashioned though so was my job to look after the house and baby and his to bring the money in.

1 Like

I can totally relate to this… ugh just I’m going on a few more weeks.

So much stay at home mom shaming going on here…

1 Like

I might have the unpopular opinion here, but I agree with the poster. He should be helping. My husband helps more on days when he’s off, even when he just gets home. It’s expected because I’m not the only parent. I don’t expect him do as much, because he is the one who works out of home and I am lucky to be a stay at home mom, but I don’t see anything wrong with expecting him to ACT like a dad :person_shrugging:

16 Likes

I cannot believe the amount of people telling her to “get use to it” “he’s just a man” “welcome to motherhood”
When’s it “welcome to father hood” too.
Personally, I wouldn’t ask for help with household chores because he’s the only one providing money. But with the baby, naahhh that’s ya’lls CHILD. His kid just as much as it is yours. He should be helping with that baby WHENEVER he can. Not meaning that you just kinda toss the baby responsibility off to him once he gets home, but he has to help at any given time. You are not crazy.

13 Likes

My husband never got up with any of our three children . He never changed poopie diapers … he didn’t feed or burp them as babies. I was a stay home mom I did all that … he worked …he did that.
Now I’m a single mom of a toddler, I do everything. It’s not a burden to me…

3 Likes

Nope. You have every right to expect him to help out his daughter when he’s at home. He also can help take care of the home in which he lives also. It’s his home and family too.
Oh, bless his heart, he has a job!! Does he want a pat on the back for going to work? Which is what any responsible adult does?
You’re just gonna have to put your foot down. Remind him that he lives there too, that he made that baby too.

4 Likes

im taking my husband side because hes working hard at work and its not the husbands duty to work around the house

5 Likes

On the weekend he should help for sure. Tell him that you get up with the baby at night all week, so Friday night and Saturday night is his turn. Also tell him that if he doesn’t start helping on weekends that you might start thinking of leaving.

Just because he works doesn’t mean he can’t help with chores daily. A relationship is 100/100. Not 50/50. My husband never helped in the middle of the night. His mom did all the chores, though I helped as much as I could post csection. After 6 weeks, I went back to work. He only took time off for her birth, which was more than fine. But he’d hold her, give her a bottle before bed, never but a couple times changed her, until I was the sole bread winner. Then he took over during the days when I worked. He always said that once she started walking he’d be able to do more with her… which was kind of a lie… but she’s 6, almost 7 now. He does good by her… he’s still lazy af, though.

1 Like

My husband shared everything with me. From day one he got up every other turn so every four hours. Did this when he got up at 4 am to go to work.

1 Like

Yeah I’m a stay at home mom and I punch my time card out on hubby’s days off. I understand he needs a break too but so do you. Being solely responsible for everything is going to make you spiteful. There’s not a single reason that you should be doing everything alone. You didn’t make the baby alone, you don’t live or eat alone. He can pitch in or you may as well be alone.

7 Likes

Dont stress all the housework as much as you do. Yes it needs to be done but doesn’t have to be spick and span all the time. Worry about the baby and try not to overdo yourself. Just keep (talking not yelling) to him. I agree he should help out. Remember just as your adjusting so is he.

2 Likes

My baby isn’t even here yet and my fiance helps with my other son who isn’t even his biologically and he does chores, makes me dinner, makes sure I don’t have to lift anything heavy etc. We both work but I’m part time now and I’ll be done working soon. But I feel like if he doesn’t understand that he should help with the baby wether he works or not that’s not a good man.

1 Like

Know each of your strengths and weaknesses and work with them. My husband did very little overnight. He does not function well with little sleep and is easily frustrated which was not something I wanted to listen too at 2am. He however did get up early with the babies and let me sleep because he is on it early in the am. So it balanced out. Have expectations you can both rise too

1 Like

When i stayed home with our kids i felt it was my job to do as much as i could cuz he was working he would help out if the kids were in consolable or i was having a meltdown lol as the kids got older he got way more comfortable with them…i think when they’re babies, dad’s are scared and don’t know what to do with them :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

My sister went through a similar situation, she left her husband in the middle of the left n left the child with him n a few hours alter he came begging n since then he has been a hands on dad, I’m not saying do the same cz as people we take things differently

2 Likes

Just because he works doesn’t mean he can’t help out :neutral_face: pretty sure she is exhausted from no sleep and taking care of a newborn is not easy . He needs to help . No excuses

4 Likes

Its not as natural to a man as it is to a mom :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Lol try being a single mum and doing it all on your own with no one to work for you. You’re a partnership he’s bringing the money in you take care of baby…can you imagine how exhausted youd be if you had to do both?

8 Likes

Work on it and give it time!!!

1 Like

I had six children and I worked. I took care of the children by myself when I was home. He watched them at night while they were sleeping.

I had 3 children and never asked my husband to do anything. He worked and provided for our household and that was great.

4 Likes

Definitely not wrong definitely not overreacting either I know what your going through

Give him a bit of time to adjust and ask him calmly to run around with the Hoover or put on a wash and show him how it needs to be done properly and he will get into the habit of helping. It takes time for the Dad as well to settle because they are more nervous at the beginning. Thank God he is working to support his family and everything will work out for you. Just give it a little more time to sort it and talk it over with him as to what he can do to help you out.

With understanding and compassion i can only share my experiences.
My first marriage we had two children, he was active duty military and always on deployment. He didn’t see either of our children until they were well into 6 month. I didn’t have the opportunity for him to be home to “help”, hell even be just an adult to share things with. I knew i was doing this for us as he was serving our country for not only us but everyone on here as well.
12 years later and we split.
Here now with my second marriage, we just had a beautiful baby (7 mo old) moved into a new house and new city. Needless to say I don’t have family close by and making friends is difficult with all the house stuff and new baby in the beginning. My husband’s job has him working 7 days a week and sometimes out of town. His hours are long … he still comes home at the end of most days.
I just realized the other day he hasn’t changed one stinky diaper, almost got me salty but then I thought “what a blessing to be able to stay home and take care of our home and child while he financially takes care of us”. There are times I think or wish he would come home and take our little one since he’s off I should be too, then I humble myself… we wouldn’t have any of the things in life that we do if it weren’t for him busting his butt like he does.
I go back and forth with communication to him about how i feel, we all know after a baby our emotions can be all over the place.
I remind myself of my previous marriage and am thankful for what I have now.
You got this momma. Give it some time. Before you know it daddy will be taking baby from you more often. Especially when your little one becomes a little more playful. Some men are nervous or not as confident in the beginning. I know my husband wasn’t. Once your little gets bigger it’ll get better. :pray:t3::yellow_heart:

5 Likes

You are NOT overreacting. I would have had a breakdown by now if he didnt help… INFACT i basically have many a times even with some help. Ypu are right to feel this way. Your a superstar

You are NOT overreacting. I would have had a breakdown by now if he didnt help… INFACT i basically have many a times even with some help. Ypu are right to feel this way. Your a superstar

1 Like

Sounds to me like you have the beginning stages of post partum depression. I did it with 4 kids. Never any help. But that my dear is the price we pay. Yes the fathers should help alot more than they do. But try seeing it in a positive way. That’s a blessing some people never get. At least she is a healthy baby. Take a deep breath. Force a smile on your face. And try not to focus on him. Just you and your baby. If you dont have everything done at the end of the day, oh well, he can pick up dinner or help with house work or just deal with it not being done.

You need to communicate with him, tell him in a way that makes sense to him. Also because he hasnt had that time off he may be struggling to bond with the baby and be nervous about what hes suppose to do and how to do it. Not all males have a natural paternal instinct. Dont overly stress about the housework, it will get done at some point. As long as you have some clean clothes, some kind of food and some clean dishes there isnt much else to worry about except for your baby.
Everyone does and wants/likes things to be done differently. When I was a stay at home mum I always tried to get everything done because that’s what I wanted to do, not what I felt like I needed to, but if I didnt have dinner done one night or hadnt got the washing done and my now ex complained I would just tell him everything I did do during the day and if he didnt like it then it was his own problem.

Leave the baby with him for a few hours one day. Turn off your phone and go do something. Force him to be a dad.

2 Likes

Just because a man works doesnt mean he doesnt have to help out when hes off.

Why is it men work, but yet they get days off? We work too! Its a never ending job, but because it doesnt bring in money, we don’t deserve time to relax and unwind??? Thats b.s.

You need rest and for your body to heal…if you dont take care of you, you cant expect to be the best mother and wife you can be.

He should get over his self and help you when he is off! Just taking care of HIS CHILD TOO long enough for you to shower and take an hr nap in peace would make all the difference and im apalled at all the woman on here who think just because a man works a paying job, means its okay to leave you hanging…smh

3 Likes

and to the ones saying “Try being a single mom, be glad you have a man ect”…Just because she has a man doesnt make her struggles and feelings any less real or valid.

We all have struggles.

16 Likes

My husband and I have been together for 17 years we have been married for 4 years this month and we have 5 children and a baby on they way he works and provides for us I stay at home and care for our children I cook and clean and pretty much everything that needs to be done I have done it since day one and I have never asked for his help because honestly he helps more then he realizes by providing for us as a mama I feel like he’s working he’s bringing home money to provide the food clothing etc. for us and our children that is more then enough if you feel the way you do the best advice I can give you is give it a go alone make your own money provide for your self and take care of your daughter alone I do apologize for the harshness but reality is harsh :blush: happy Sunday y’all

10 Likes

Few married men don’t do he’s a bf if u leave him not necessary d man u marry vl look after ur kids Pls don’t judge him. Does he do other things like holding baby when he carries, or taking u both out in Eve… Or bringing presents or stuff u need. ? Does he get up in middle of night to help u

I stay home with the 3 kids. My husband gets up early for work so I don’t ask for overnight feeding hep unless we have kids up getting sick than he does help. During the week when he gets home he does help with bath time and bedtime. Playing the with kids and cares f for the baby. I don’t think asking for his to do a little bit more during the day is too much. Maybe sit down with him and talk to him about feeling overwhelmed and that you want him to help out

Your feelings are valid, BUT, men just have a hard time adjusting. I remember that feeling with my first child. I promise, you will get through it… don’t hate him… it’s totally a guy thing. You’re at 5 wks so your all hormones right now. In about a month your baby will sleep better and, in turn, you will. Don’t be hard on yourself. Don’t expect to keep a perfect home right now… your demanding too much of yourself. You got this, girl… just veg :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So my hubby and I have a deal… I cook, clean (he helps out with the cleaning though cuz he’s OCD) and pretty much take care of the baby 100% during his work week but when he’s off he washes the clothes, I put it away and we pretty much go 50/50 on changing the baby. I breastfeed though but on the weekends he will get up to go get him for me when he wakes up. I think that as stay at home moms we def have a very hard (but amazingly important!) job… But that shouldn’t mean that the “financial provider” of the family gets away with doing nothing ever. Believe it or not even just one feeding, diaper change, or 20 min play time with the baby is such important bonding time. All that was to say, yes, you are right to want a little help, but also recognize that you have the time and the energy to do more of the other stuff when he’s tired and just wants to relax a little bit. But don’t let him get away with doing 0 either, because thats not right.

2 Likes

Not overreacting but I did everything for my babies. My hubby works hard so during the week I didn’t ask for help. I was a sahm with my boys so I did all the housework. I’m sorry your having a hard time.

3 Likes

Not wrong, but understand this sounds like he is in the majority not the minority of men who willingly help. Find ways to incorporate him, that was what my ex told me. When he was home he felt like we had a routine and didn’t want to disturb it. If he don’t help just find a way to be okay with being a mom, we do what no one else will. :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Most of the woman on here saying he works so you should do everything on your own are older woman (no offense) but times most definitely have changed. He gets a break on the weekends and when he’s off work, mom never gets a break. I have a 6 week old and a 2 year old, dad works tons of hours so I most definitely do most of the work (he’s sleeping now while it’s 5am and I’m feeding) but he sure as hell changes diapers does dishes takes out trash tries to let me sleep in when possible and anything else I ask for help with. You are a partnership which means you work together and teach your kids the kind of parenting you want them to remember and also be when they grow up. He needs to do much more. Your going to resent him otherwise. I’m sorry your going through such a lonely time :pensive:

4 Likes

Think about this for a second, he works and pays all of the bills and takes care of his family the way he should. Consider yourself blessed to have a man that is there taking care of the roof the food the diapers! Imagine being a single mom having to deal with a job daycare rent food clothes diapers etc etc etc!! Need I go on! Put your big girl panties on be happy do an agenda and prioritize yourself! I’m sure if you asked nicely he would help! Or be single and have no man to do anything! If you bitch at him constantly he will leave and you will have to suck it up and do it yourself! You choose! I thank God for my husband of 17 years. While he worked I was glad to stay home took care of our son, I washed cooked cleaned and everything our home and son needed! Some women have no idea what they have until it’s gone! Grow up suck it up and be a real woman and handle your business!

You are not over reacting. You would never have to tell a real man that he should help with his child or even ask for his help. He either does it or he dont. His actions now are indicative of how he will be forever if you dont broach the subject and he doesnt change his ways. Tell him to step up or step away. You can be a single mother all alone.

1 Like

Don’t yell and scream. Be calm (unfortunately I still lose my shit from time to time) men literally need a step by step guide on what they need to do. Basically you have to “train” them lol. My fiancé works full time I work part time and he still helps with house work and the kids. You need to find your balance it takes time.

I asked for the help week one, before he went back to work. While i was nursing. Pumping. And giving a bottle to top off (milk came in late) i woke him up ONCE in the FIRST week. When she was TOTALLY inconsolable. To help clean a bottle and get pump ready while i nurse her. Well he screamed and yelled while cleaning bottle like a baby for having to be woken up for something as “silly” as that. WELL in that moment i realized jt was going to be 100% my responsibility. And i wasnt going to be able to depand on him for any of the immediate needs of our little girl. It was a defining moment. Where my heart broke. And i will never forget it. In that moment i told myself, if it was going to be on me. Then i was going to need to learn to do it 100% myself. I never asked again. And actually stopped allowing it. I did it all. And didnt allow ANYONE to do anything. Down to diaper changes. Im not saying thats right. B.c he deserved the chance to bond w. Her like that, even if i was nursing… in different ways. But that is how my body and mind coped w. How poorly i felt i was treated when i DID ask for help.

End result… there is A LOT of resentment. On both sides. I think he coped w. Not being allowed to help, by shutting down. And emotionally has been absent towards me through a lot of my daughters health issues and struggles. So… i continued to weather the storm alone.

Lack of emotional connection. And feelings of support, have lead to a withering realtionship. We have had sex maybe 6 times in the past 2 years.

Guess im trying to say things can spiral. Quickly. Sometimes to a place that is VERY difficult to come back from. Sometimes, impossible. So…

Are you wrong for how your feeling? Absolutely not. And if you saw or need it to be partnership… you two need to make sure its just that… i would recommend sitting down w. Someone that can better educate him about the struggles post partum. And the importance of feeling you two are a team.

At least from my experience… w. Out that feeling of team work… things will crumble. Usually qpuicker then you even realize is happening.

3 Likes

I could never marry a man who thought it was acceptable not to help raise his child. My dad worked, he still helped at home-
Cooking, cleaning, driving us everywhere etc etc, he raised us WITH my mom- he wasn’t “helping” her bc it’s his home also, his family, his kids, his wife. I just wasn’t raised with this idea that the man comes home from work, sits down and does nothing to help with HIS HOME, FAMILY, and CHILDREN. that’s just my opinion.

3 Likes

He doesn’t understand how stressful this can be…I thunk you need to talk with him let him know what you want.Does he help with her when he is home?I bet because he works he sees his down time as his…Have him help out more when he is home…Parenting is teamwork ,just like marriage is…I hope this heps

So after a baby, we all go through a huge growth.
It can be a bumpy ride.

I had to go pretty drastic to get my husband to realize that he too was responsible for our child. I threw my ring at his head. We fought. Had hard discussions. And eventually he heard what I was trying to say.
Eventually he figured it out. And with that we got better.

He is now an incredible father and husband. So what I have to say to you is this.
Fight for your marriage. Even if that means fighting him to see the truth. That it’s a joint effort. 100-100 always. :heart:
I wish you the best momma.

1 Like

My husband was like that this last time around. I still do most of it all by myself . He works 90 to nothing. Long hours so I can be a stay at home mom to three kids, it caused problems in the beginning. But we did talk about it he would help alittle more. But i would still get up when i heard her cry even if he did let me sleep in. He now works out of state making good money. Really its rough. But i now have a 1 year old almost 5 and then 4 in Sept.

Grow up, you’re an adult now!! Life doesnt revole around you!!

6 Likes

Should have thought this through before having a child… Pretty simple.

2 Likes

Some of yall need to go back to the 1960’s and stay their lol

8 Likes

How about you go to work and let him stay home with the baby.

2 Likes

She is only 5 weeks old. A lot of men are afraid to hold/care for a tiny baby. They feel like they will break them lol. I say give it time.

2 Likes

Daniel Nauss if this is me, we gonna have issues… :sweat_smile::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Let the sh*t get dirty… Just kidding but instead of going to him in your frustration, ask him nicely a day or two ahead of time that you want help. If it still doesn’t work then enlist the help of a friend or family member to come into your home to help for a day… Perhaps get help every once in a while from someone. There’s someone willing to do it. Don’t throw your relationship away over a matter that can be resolved with an alternative solution. A friend or family member can and will help if he’s not willing to and keep your man… And by all means go treat yourself to something nice after a cleaning. Reward yourself if it helps. Maybe a new hair-do, pair of shoes or something simple like your favorite ice cream. Just don’t let your frustrations get the best of you mama’s. Good luck!

1 Like

This isn’t acceptable for me. I am at home now with the kids. My husband comes home and we both work until the kids are in bed. On the weekend it’s all hands on deck. Why does he get time off and you don’t? We do get time away from the kids but it’s more equal. This guy sounds like Peter Pan. He needs to grown up and accept his responsibility.

5 Likes

Well, he works so you of course should be doing the stuff around the house, and taking care of the baby. As far as the weekend goes, he can help. It may be his days off, but it’s also yours, too! Make the weekend family day if all else fails. Keep your head up, mama. It’ll get better, also, your baby is so young. A lot of mom’s are usually the sole caregivers at the early stages. :thinking::person_tipping_hand:

4 Likes

Yes he should help out on weekends. I always did nighttime feedings so I can’t say much for that. Hand him a screaming baby, tell him so needs to be fed and walk away. Hell get the idea. With guys you have to be very straightforward with or they just don’t get it. Hell be like “but you never asked me to help”.

8 Likes

you both should consider seeing a counseler, that child needs both of you,

I look at it as they helped create a beautiful baby on weekends he can help stay in his butt ur leave for a,weekend he’ll change promise

Get rid of him right now. I am 62 years old. I know what I am talking about. Please listen.

2 Likes

Your not wrong for feeling this way. Give it time its an big adjustment for both of ya. Try & take some time & just talk with him. When i had my first daughter my x~husband didn’t help @ all! It was hard. I really resented him. It didnt turn out well My husband now when we had our 2 girls not only did he step up & be a dad to my daughter(which he had no kids of his own) he helped so much. When my grandma passed away i flew back home without the kids. When i came back he told me he relized how hard it was to do the house dinner etc. Sometimes ya gotta put him in the parent roll to make him relize its not sunshine & fairies

1 Like

A lot of men can’t do babies. My husband is all about his 10 week old son but he doesn’t do a lot with him. He told me this at the beginning that he is out until they play. So right now we have a mommy’s boy and he handles the older kids a lot more than I do

Take the day off and leave him the baby…hell get a clue

2 Likes

My husband only wishes he could’ve pulled this and yes he did try. I handled night time because he had to work the next day but those few hours he was home in the afternoon he fed and held the baby and put him to sleep. Weekends the same thing and we alternated a sleep in day and still do.

2 Likes

You should’ve worked all that out before you had a baby.And if you don’t have to go to a full-time job and come home and do all that at night you’re blessed.

2 Likes

You both work. Only difference is you dont get any days off. Motherhood is the hardest, most rewarding job You’ll ever have. But, men dont think…speak up and ask him to help out some times. He won t do it unless asked

2 Likes

When/If, its more painful to be with him, than with-out him. Then you’ll go.

1 Like

JUST BECAUSE A MAN WORKS DOES NOT MEAN ITS A FREE PASS AT HOME!!! You have lost your mind!!! So cause ur man works 8 hours a day that gives you the title to have to clean the time u wake up to time u go to bed and all night taking care of the baby?? And on weekends too?? BYE Felicia!! Never is that ok!!! Moms don’t get breaks neither should dads!!! My husband has came home and cooked the past 3 nights. And I never asked once! He also cleaned the house and laundry yesterday and I never asked! A house is a team work and if he can’t help maybe he should live alone! You should never have to do all the work! You just had a baby u need a break too!!!

8 Likes