How can I get my husband to help with the kids

How can I get my husband to help with the kids? he will literally say they are soley my responsiblty

85 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How can I get my husband to help with the kids - Mamas Uncut

Start making him fend for himself. When he asked Whts for dinner. Tell him he is solely responsible for himself.

20 Likes

Get rid of the whole husband. :woman_shrugging:t2::rofl:

13 Likes

Don’t do his laundry. Don’t cook for him, don’t do anything for him. Ya I’m petty, but I would be like it’s not my responsibility. lol

19 Likes

Show him where the door is

2 Likes

Throw the husband away, get him on child support and raise your babies.

11 Likes

Throw the whole man child out

6 Likes

Throw the whole husband away.

3 Likes

Have you tried throwing the whole man away?

9 Likes

Go out and have a coffee with a friend. Men only make you do it all when you keep doing it all… You’re no more stuck at home doing everything than he is.

6 Likes

Throw the whole grown man child out :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Are you serious??? By staying with him you’re enabling this. Go find yourself a real man that will gladly take responsibility

8 Likes

Divorce him. U can’t change him and of your gonna do it on your own u might as well be on your own.

3 Likes

Did you make them solely yourself? The answers no so he can either help or he can kick rocks because you’re basically the job of two.

1 Like

It’s kinda unanimous. Throw. The. Whole. Thing. Out.

6 Likes

Throw the husband away and get a new one!!!

3 Likes

Divorce. Let the judge tell him his financial responsibility to those kids.

3 Likes

DEFINITELY cease all doings for him. No washing, no meals, no support in things he needs help with and certainly no intimacy. Tell him they’re solely his responsibility.

11 Likes

Then I would solely say BOY BYE :wave:

5 Likes

Help?? He shouldn’t “help”, it’s his responsability also, he should be doing his part, 50/50, I don’t think you made those kids yourself

8 Likes

How old are the kids? Do you just get mad and take care of everything anyway? I feel like this isn’t a new behavior. Let him be his own responsibility, this is not okay.

2 Likes

Don’t do his laundry or wash his dishes anymore. His mess his responsibility 🤷

4 Likes

You won’t. This is something you should know before having Kids with someone.

2 Likes

Slap his ass with Divorce papers, Spousal maintenance and Child support are Solely HIS responsibility

Tell him to sign his rights over then :hugs:

5 Likes

He sounds like the dad who would pass up custody when you leave his ass

You say you want a divorce.

2 Likes

Was it solely your responsibility when they were conceived too?. Tell him to grow up

5 Likes

Remind him that he helped make 'em, so he can help take care of them too! It’s an equal responsibility! If he isn’t ok with that, he can hit the road! You’re better off without him since he’s no help anyway!

8 Likes

Leave, take them with you. Hit him with child support.

8 Likes

I’m curious what other fathers out there think?

Child support is called child support for more than one reason.

1 Like

Get another husband!!!:woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

You don’t.
You throw the boy away & find yourself a man because you didn’t make those kids your freaking self.

I wouldn’t put up with that shit.

Either you help me or I am out. We did this shit together!!! Period! Girl, you deserve better!! 100%

Wow just as much his responsibility 50/50 u didn’t make those kids by urself he had part in that as well so he should be doing his part in taking care of the kids. Don’t do anything for him just tell him thats his responsibility not urs. Let him see what its like to be responsible for things maybe go out and leave kids with him one day then he doesn’t have a choice but take care of the kids. If he doesn’t then might as well leave and hit him with child support since he don’t want to take responsibility for his kids.

6 Likes

Remind him that if he won’t help you while you all are married then he can have them half the time by himself + pay child support, his choice. Also if you do anything for him, don’t anymore. And when he asks tell him you had to take care of the children sorry. :rofl:

14 Likes

Don’t do shit for him then when he starts questioning you why say because I have to give the kids all my energy :upside_down_face: maybe I’m just petty tho lol

Tell him you’re going out and leave the kids with him. Tootles you later! :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

What’s the point in having him? Get rid of the husband.

9 Likes

Tell him if he dont want to be responsible for them, then you will find someone who will…what he wont do, another man will :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Uh all im going to say is you either need to tell him to man up, dad up or leave him.

4 Likes

You didn’t make them on your own…

4 Likes

Then leave…they are solely yours. Find a real dad…he’s a POS

8 Likes

Leave for a few dsys

1 Like

Omg what a stupid question to ask, lord I’d be to embarrassed to ask lol woman speak your mind tell him to help of boot his arse to the kurb . I seriously don’t get women who put up with this rubbish

Gotta throw the whole man away

5 Likes

Shiet I’d leave that boy alone straight up . I’d be outta there

2 Likes

Lol I’d leave personally. Does he not love his kids? That’s a red flag to me honestly… bc I love my kids and taking care of them, it’s what makes life worth it. I can’t imagine not wanting any responsibility for them. Like I said, red flag

1 Like

That’s not a husband, that’s a sperm donor

Lol leave his ass wtf

Oh why? Did you hop on top of yourself and get pregnant :flushed::roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t4: Tell that lazy prick to get off his arse. I couldn’t be with someone who said dumb shit like that.

Tell him he’s on his own from now on a d ask for a divorce.

1 Like

Find out how much childcare for them is. Quit your job and tell him thats how much he must pay you

2 Likes

Throw the whole man out

5 Likes

If they are solely your responsibility then he needs to leave he sounds like an idiot you didn’t make them in your own :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Tell him his nuts made them just as much as your eggs and thats its 2022 not the 70’s

3 Likes

1 Klup… And he will come right
What BS is that… As if it’s a mother’s duty only… That makes me so mad honestly
I went through that a few years back and cut it off straight away when I noticed it… Imagine… Such selfishness
My daughter is 12 and independent
My son is 4 and dad is hands on 110%
My daughter is 2 weeks old and that is my main responsibility at the moment… Dad helps where he can but can’t really handle a new born physically… But I make sure he is active…

3 Likes

With his attitude like that you never will get help. Therapy or leave. If you don’t his attitude toward the kids will have a negative impact on them forever.

7 Likes

Tell him, fine, you and the kids are leaving. If he doesn’t care about you any more than that, he’s on his own.

5 Likes

Can you deal with that forever?? Would you be better off being single? Does he make it worth your while in other ways?

2 Likes

I’m not normally one yo say leave but this is absolutely unacceptable. How do people make children and then they don’t even want to be around them. Even if he’s the sole provider he should want to be involved. Smh. You said kids. So like how old and how long has he been just out here not doing father stuff? I would get a job and leave. There’s a step dad out there waiting to love your kiddos.

1 Like

Say if that’s the case then goodbye :wave:t2::joy:

1 Like

You can’t change him. Love it or leave it.

1 Like

If they are your responsibility he can go find somewhere else to live and pay child support to help with their care and needs.

5 Likes

Step 1-leave him, Step 2-child support

2 Likes

If he says they’re are solely your responsibility then girl tell him to leave the house and you’ll see him at court for divorce and child support

1 Like

If they are YOUR sole responsibility go file for divorce, get custody of the kids and then move on with your life.

6 Likes

Stop doing everything. Go out for the day so he has no choice

1 Like

Accept the fact he’s a shitty father and husband, leave him, and continue doing it all yourself. You’ll realize your stress levels will go down.

How about no help no supper no sex no nothing. If he can’t straighten up kick him to the curb.

Then bills are solely his :woman_shrugging:t4:

Wtf :rofl: this is a joke right?

3 Likes

That’s how my ex was and it never changes, bye Felicia :wave:

1 Like

Go find another husband :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Get a new husband that ones broken

3 Likes

Take his money and hire a part time nanny for help.

Give him the boot the lazy shit

They must’ve been made by immaculate conception then, if they’re solely your responsibility.

Sounds like he is a grown man and can make his own dinner and do his own laundry too.

3 Likes

Dump him and sue him for child support.

5 Likes

I’d be telling him I didn’t make them by myself and I’m not raising them by myself. Chances are you are catering to him to where he feels like he has a choice and you don’t. Put all your energy into “your responsibility” and see how long it takes for him to need clothes, dinner, or can’t find something. He’ll realize he’s one of the kids and just how much you are responsible for and hopefully will be more appreciative and helpful. If not then it might be time to lighten your burden. No one should have to be a single parent in a two parent household. 🤷

1 Like

tell him that you did not solely make them on your own, also dont give him any sex or attention, don’t feed him, wash his laundry, ect. and when he asks why and complains you tell him he is his own responsibility

Upgrade your husband

3 Likes

Throw the whole husband away! Lol

4 Likes

Has he always been like that? My ex husband expected me to shoulder all the responsibility after our daughter was born. I couldn’t change his mind so I refused to have anymore kids, and we eventually divorced. You can’t change people. Either accept him for what he is, or move on.

6 Likes

something wrong with that man! bye Felicia

Well you can’t get solely pregnant so straighten up or ship out lol

2 Likes

Go get another husband

Leave him, make him pay support & one day your find someone who loves them like his own & you wont have to ask!

3 Likes

Your husband is obviously defective. Return him and get a new one.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t put up with it.
Speak up, of it doesn’t change. Walk away.

1 Like

Most men are selfish assholes. Good luck

Leave him. He’s useless.

Audacity of “men” these days. You helped make the baby. You can do your part

Throw the whole husband out since he doesn’t want responsibility of kids he literally helped make​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes: people nowadays are just self centered jerks most of the time!!

4 Likes

Sorry to say but he isn’t going to change. Mine left everything around the house and the children up to me he quite literally was never home he went to work in the morning, bar in the afternoon and came home to bed after the kids were in bed. I found out recently he really didn’t like little kids he was better when they were about 7 cause he could take them fishing and camping. Men seem to look at the fathers that they came from and become them. My hubby is very different with our grandchildren

There’s literally no context to this. Like are they his kids too? Does he work and pay all the bills? Obviously if you’re married he should be willing to help you, nothing makes it “okay” not to, but there’s definitely some instances where it’d be understandle why he’d feel that way.
Maybe you guys need to have a better discussion about it. You’ve failed to even explain if this is even something you’ve talked about, asked why he felt like that, came to a compromise or agreement…or are you just TELLING him he HAS TO help you?

3 Likes

throw the whole husband away.
he helped “make” them, he needs to man up&help take care of them.

2 Likes

You can be by yourself and do it yourself. I would give him the ultimatum either help or leave! You cannot force him but if he loves you he would not watch you struggle and make you do everything. Parenting is a two person job. He made those kids with you therefore they are not your sole responsibility!

Throw the whole man away.

1 Like